The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[VIDEO] STAMBLADE IS DEAD

zuto40
zuto40
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seent a lot of threads about how bad stamblade is and that we need help, and its true we're a dead class just watch this vid as proof that we're literally the worst class and cant do anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLclXIsCjfE
Stamblade- Legate
Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
Magic DK- Corporal
Stam DK- Sergeant
Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks op better nerf them even more
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my stamina nightblade is cute.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come I can't find pugs like this @zuto40 .As the top 89 NB I could use the help ;) .
    Edited by KingJ on April 5, 2017 11:47AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think they are in a bad place. I used to fear getting ganked by them - but not anymore (unless there are two working together).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this. Goes to show.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    How come I can't find pugs like this @zuto40 .As the top 89 NB I could use the help ;) .

Use cripple on a stamblade it's op, still waiting on that duel ;)
    Edited by zuto40 on April 5, 2017 12:48PM
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but I think stamblades are probably one of the best solo classes in the game, maybe only behind magicka sorc, because of their ability to not have to win a fight to escape. Not to mention they have great burst and most builds tend to have defenses that scale well outnumbered. When I play my stamblade, I tend to have to try much harder than all of my other classes, but I can also accomplish more, things other classes could never do.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but I think stamblades are probably one of the best solo classes in the game, maybe only behind magicka sorc, because of their ability to not have to win a fight to escape. Not to mention they have great burst and most builds tend to have defenses that scale well outnumbered. When I play my stamblade, I tend to have to try much harder than all of my other classes, but I can also accomplish more, things other classes could never do.

It is sarcastic to a point, I'm tired of seeing threads and comments calling stamblade bad and in need of help so this weekend I recorded some fights to show these bad players it is possible to kick ass on a stamblade, and I agree we are one of the best solo classes since we don't need to win to live and that definitely helped me while recording these fights but we do have to try harder to do more then other classes, the very first fight you see another stamblade fail a gank on me while I'm wearing medium armor, and the last fight you see 2 stamblades get wiped because of their bad play within 5 seconds, I've personally never encountered a stamblade as good as me in open world and I think our very high skill cap has something to do with this and is a problem, we can say L2P all we want but if 99% of stamblades are trash there's a problem
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• SlowMetabolism
    SlowMetabolism
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone ever wants to boost their self esteem just go play in an AD dominated campaign where all the pugs are like Zuto just did
    Day one Xbox player
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone ever wants to boost their self esteem just go play in an AD dominated campaign where all the pugs are like Zuto just did

It's lag in haddy, Zerg in skull, sit on my ass in azuras waiting for anyone to show up, or 1vX in scourge, I think the choice is obvious ;)
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zuto40
    don't lie, you just posted this because DB > incap
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 5, 2017 2:32PM
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »

It is sarcastic to a point, I'm tired of seeing threads and comments calling stamblade bad and in need of help so this weekend I recorded some fights to show these bad players it is possible to kick ass on a stamblade, and I agree we are one of the best solo classes since we don't need to win to live and that definitely helped me while recording these fights but we do have to try harder to do more then other classes, the very first fight you see another stamblade fail a gank on me while I'm wearing medium armor, and the last fight you see 2 stamblades get wiped because of their bad play within 5 seconds, I've personally never encountered a stamblade as good as me in open world and I think our very high skill cap has something to do with this and is a problem, we can say L2P all we want but if 99% of stamblades are trash there's a problem

It's cause you play on console. Come to pc where the big boys play
    Smiff
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Aren't you an Xv1 ganker? That's what passes for big boys?
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Quite nice. (Nub for using dbos tho :3)
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Aren't you an Xv1 ganker? That's what passes for big boys?

LMAO nice..
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - That was really impressive. My main is a stamblade and I get wrecked so much it's pathetic but I love playing it.

I wish I knew the secret to sustaining that kind of health in a fight. Great job.
    PS4NA
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao I got you buddy I just changed my build up so have to get used to it switched to DW.How do you kill templars without a execute?
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao I got you buddy I just changed my build up so have to get used to it switched to DW.How do you kill templars without a execute?

i hit them with my cripple and use my rapid strikes to burst them down
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @zuto40
    don't lie, you just posted this because DB > incap

ok you caught me
    dotme wrote: »
    Wow - That was really impressive. My main is a stamblade and I get wrecked so much it's pathetic but I love playing it.

I wish I knew the secret to sustaining that kind of health in a fight. Great job.

Cheat engine
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Stam NB is "ok" but I'd say only if you're pretty much running the meta. Magicaka templar and DK seem much easier to play overall in PvP. And to me magicka sorc prob has the best burst potential, especially against the squishy NB. On top of what can seem like endless shields once you memorize the rotation (which in ESO isn't that bad for any class).

Stam NB relies on really having to be tuned to the meta. Otherwise any other one is left without enough bite and too squishy to survive any sustained combat.

Edit: Does anyone want to argue that Miat, Mizaru, Reminexus, are not "meta"?
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on April 5, 2017 4:13PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I agree that Stamina NB isn't in a terrible spot, but your video also doesn't really say anything about balance. Watching the players you're fighting, I mean... The archer in the second clip casts Expert Hunter 3 times in a row while you kill his friend... :D

Like you said, you're a talented NB. Facing scrubs, you're gonna wreck face no matter what you play. Play other talented or halfway skilled players on their respective classes and it's a different story. I don't mean to detract from your vid, I quite enjoyed it. Because you're capable of doing well on a sNB, does not really say much in terms of balance, imo.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. Stam NB is "ok" but I'd say only if you're pretty much running the meta. Magicaka templar and DK seem much easier to play overall in PvP. And to me magicka sorc prob has the best burst potential, especially against the squishy NB. On top of what can seem like endless shields once you memorize the rotation (which in ESO isn't that bad for any class).

Stam NB relies on really having to be tuned to the meta. Otherwise any other one is left without enough bite and too squishy to survive any sustained combat.

Edit: Does anyone want to argue that Miat, Mizaru, Reminexus, are not "meta"?

Except this isn't nearly a meta Stamblade build. No damage procs, medium armor, etc.

Stamblade suffers from a lot of problems but as shown here and as attested to by @LeifErickson there is a point where, when played to its fullest potential it can still be devastating.

It's much like post 1.6 mDK, tons of obvious holes in the kit, but still able to be played at a devastating level by someone who is exceptionally skilled with the class.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does this video have to do with NB balance? Any player of Zuto40's ability playing an optimized build is going to have similar results against those opponents.

Zuto's obviously a good player, but this is another shooting fish in a barrel video that says very little about competitive class balance.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I do think they are in a bad place. I used to fear getting ganked by them - but not anymore (unless there are two working together).

They´re good outside of ganking though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is the best 1vX, 99% just need to learn playing it defensively!

Nice video @zuto40 !
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB is a very good support class in open world pvp in my opinion. All these crazy regen builds, perma block tanks, etc. When a bunch of DC are trying to take down one of these roided out juiceheads in Cyrodiil but are struggling.... I time a well executed fear, they lose control for a split second, and there is enough burst to finally take them down.

Edit: Of course no one takes the three seconds to type out a thank you to me.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on April 5, 2017 7:38PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am making a stamblade just to prove how wrong this is.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

By big boys you mean cheaters amirite
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @zuto40 Am I the only one that saw a tank in EBON? and a mag sorc using lambris+elemental blockade (pve build) plus the high ranked one that used soul assault at like 5% health? I agree that stamina nightblades are good right now...but what stamina class is not? And out of all of them, which ones are the weakest? I'd like to see a stamina Nb go up against a good player who uses a magdk and tell me if everything seems right(fossalize/talons/dots/undodgeable meteors). Anyways it was a great video nonetheless, nice to see DW/2h throwback IC style.

@Publius_Scipio I would not call a nightblade a very good support class if that is all they can do, but at the same time it is true. Anti tanks with incap....but it seems everyone but a few of us do not run dawnbreaker. The best support classes are all the other classes, we have bomblade and anti tank burst aka just dps.

There are a few fixes they need to make for us to be on par with the rest of the classes in terms of class x class. Yes or no?

Edit: Battlegrounds coming, bring something to the table.
    Edited by FlyLionel on April 6, 2017 12:19PM
    The Flyers
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FlyLionel one of the best (dare say top 3 even, definitely the best nightblade) 1v1 player on PC EU, I'm Jeff Btw, is playing stamblade: He can count on one hand the players that he can't win against (not lose to, just end up in an endless fight). Stamblade is a very strong class, as @Hexys said.
    Edited by Subversus on April 6, 2017 12:55PM
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    I'd like to see a stamina Nb go up against a good player who uses a magdk and tell me if everything seems right(fossalize/talons/dots/undodgeable meteors)

I would rather turn off my console then fight a good mdk in a 1vX situation, or any situation for that matter
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal