The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] STAMBLADE IS DEAD

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus It is nice to know that there is one player on PC EU that can count on one hand; the players he cannot win against. But I am speaking about the entire class x the other classes not one pro. I'm Mike btw, stamina nightblade is a great class, nightblade in general is the weakest class in the game right now though, 100% in pve and what is your opinion on mag nb in pvp? Compared to the rest of course. Stamina NIghtblade is dead in pve and magnb the weakest magic class in both pve and pvp, the video is just a good player using a stamina class with high burst against decent players? I would say bad, but it is what it is. There is a reason why you never see consistency with stam NB in competitive pvp against other classes like DK/Sorcerer. We are talking about consistency throughout all platforms NA/EU, the game does not revolve around that one player is great so things are okay. It has to be a general realization or nothing will change (remember when we use to have purge and ?cloak worked?) They took those away and now they buffed certain classes(mag dk mainly, and I am happy they got buffed after their draught but how can you buff without checking up on the rest?) while putting in sets that benefit not only NB but other classes to an even higher degree. What has changed for NB since the major stam patch? Indirect nerfs, only class that has stayed the same throughout time, while getting toothpick poked, but just because we can 1vx like the rest of the stam classes, things should not change?..Tired of hearing people imply it is 'fine' while the other classes destroy leaderboards in pve and pvp will get a rehaul with Morrowind so I will wait. Why was it that when I got solo Emperor people from all factions would pm me that it was nice to see a stamina nightblade as emperor for once? Simply my thoughts, just talking here family.

@zuto40 all I'm saying is that any class with your skill can do that to those players, especially high burst stam builds using dual wield, so yeah. Battlegrounds is coming and just because you owned some people with dawnbreakers in their face doesn't mean NB are totally fine atm in my humble opinion (mained stam nb since release and have all the other class variations as well and play them except stam temp). DK and Sorcerers are both perfectly fine right now(strong) for pvp/pve and future BG/Trials whilst NB is clearly lackluster and I hear Templars griping as well but they have the best utility in the game and want more burst outside of the channeled abilities/ult, and as for stam temp all I hear about is Potl nerf but I like that they have high sustained burst after 6 seconds, and compete with nightblades on the anti tank playing field, without a class defile.
    The Flyers
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    @Subversus It is nice to know that there is one player on PC EU that can count on one hand; the players he cannot win against. But I am speaking about the entire class x the other classes not one pro. I'm Mike btw, stamina nightblade is a great class, nightblade in general is the weakest class in the game right now though, 100% in pve and what is your opinion on mag nb in pvp? Compared to the rest of course. Stamina NIghtblade is dead in pve and magnb the weakest magic class in both pve and pvp, the video is just a good player using a stamina class with high burst against decent players? I would say bad, but it is what it is. There is a reason why you never see consistency with stam NB in competitive pvp against other classes like DK/Sorcerer. We are talking about consistency throughout all platforms NA/EU, the game does not revolve around that one player is great so things are okay. It has to be a general realization or nothing will change (remember when we use to have purge and ?cloak worked?) They took those away and now they buffed certain classes(mag dk mainly, and I am happy they got buffed after their draught but how can you buff without checking up on the rest?) while putting in sets that benefit not only NB but other classes to an even higher degree. What has changed for NB since the major stam patch? Indirect nerfs, only class that has stayed the same throughout time, while getting toothpick poked, but just because we can 1vx like the rest of the stam classes, things should not change?..Tired of hearing people imply it is 'fine' while the other classes destroy leaderboards in pve and pvp will get a rehaul with Morrowind so I will wait. Why was it that when I got solo Emperor people from all factions would pm me that it was nice to see a stamina nightblade as emperor for once? Simply my thoughts, just talking here family.

@zuto40 all I'm saying is that any class with your skill can do that to those players, especially high burst stam builds using dual wield, so yeah. Battlegrounds is coming and just because you owned some people with dawnbreakers in their face doesn't mean NB are totally fine atm in my humble opinion (mained stam nb since release and have all the other class variations as well and play them except stam temp). DK and Sorcerers are both perfectly fine right now(strong) for pvp/pve and future BG/Trials whilst NB is clearly lackluster and I hear Templars griping as well but they have the best utility in the game and want more burst outside of the channeled abilities/ult, and as for stam temp all I hear about is Potl nerf but I like that they have high sustained burst after 6 seconds, and compete with nightblades on the anti tank playing field, without a class defile.

I don't think anyone things stamblade is totally fine. No class should have a skill floor so high, to be successful with a stamblade you have to be better with it than you would have to be with any other class except arguably mageblade(non-bomber)
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    zuto40 wrote: »
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not, but I think stamblades are probably one of the best solo classes in the game, maybe only behind magicka sorc, because of their ability to not have to win a fight to escape. Not to mention they have great burst and most builds tend to have defenses that scale well outnumbered. When I play my stamblade, I tend to have to try much harder than all of my other classes, but I can also accomplish more, things other classes could never do.

It is sarcastic to a point, I'm tired of seeing threads and comments calling stamblade bad and in need of help so this weekend I recorded some fights to show these bad players it is possible to kick ass on a stamblade, and I agree we are one of the best solo classes since we don't need to win to live and that definitely helped me while recording these fights but we do have to try harder to do more then other classes, the very first fight you see another stamblade fail a gank on me while I'm wearing medium armor, and the last fight you see 2 stamblades get wiped because of their bad play within 5 seconds, I've personally never encountered a stamblade as good as me in open world and I think our very high skill cap has something to do with this and is a problem, we can say L2P all we want but if 99% of stamblades are trash there's a problem

It's cause you play on console. Come to pc where the big boys play

By big boys you mean cheaters amirite

Saying all PC players cheat = Saying all console players are 12 years old.

Ofc neither is true.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FlyLionel I basically said the same thing earlier in the thread
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns @zuto40 I'm glad you agree and can actually see it, and yes I would say mage is the worst. That was just for people who watched the video and are like 'dude..how can you say NB's are the worst class right now, this guy beat up everyoneee'. You know? The players Zos sometimessss caters to. I will digress though, I think everyone who will purchase Morrowind expect the biggest change to this game since launch, bigger than 1T (that was some free thing). Or as big as 1T. Peace.
    The Flyers
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns @zuto40 I'm glad you agree and can actually see it, and yes I would say mage is the worst. That was just for people who watched the video and are like 'dude..how can you say NB's are the worst class right now, this guy beat up everyoneee'. You know? The players Zos sometimessss caters to. I will digress though, I think everyone who will purchase Morrowind expect the biggest change to this game since launch, bigger than 1T (that was some free thing). Or as big as 1T. Peace.

Stam NB has a pretty good skill ceiling. Open world if you're losing winnable fights as a stamblade it comes down to skill and positioning most of the time. The problem is, if you make any mistakes even pugs have the tools to kill you. If we look at 10 as the maximum possible skill ceiling in the game for any class I'd say stamblade skill ceiling is a 9. The problem is, the skill floor for stamblade is probably a 7. This is problematic because the vast majority of the population isn't nearly that skilled and will have terrible results open world with this class.

This is why we see so many Xv1 stamblade gankers, that's literally all the average player can be successful at with stamblade open world. I think making the class more accessible to the masses with some quality of life buffs could go a long way. Bringing back the old cloak I think has to be the starting point then gradual adjustments after that. As we all know though, ZoS likes to make sweeping changes and that's why stamblade is in the place where its at now.

Its a delicate situation though, because while stamblade is widely considered one of the worst specs, a couple of tweaks can really put them back to fotm and I don't think that's the correct route to go.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 6, 2017 4:24PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam NB wouldn't be my first, second, third, maybe not even fourth choice for a duel in ESO right now. DK's with all the bull[snip] bash and root spam suffocating you. Magicka sorc and their shields fetish. Templar sitting in their football field sized healing aoe, charge at you, then spam spears until the keyboard breaks. lol
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't agree with those saying stamblade is weak. The only change I think is necessary is to fix cloak so it works as well as it use to, and maybe add snare removal to cloak or double take or something. Otherwise, it's fine. Fantastic 1v1, fantastic 1vx. A class that is amazing in both those areas does not need changes.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't agree with those saying stamblade is weak. The only change I think is necessary is to fix cloak so it works as well as it use to, and maybe add snare removal to cloak or double take or something. Otherwise, it's fine. Fantastic 1v1, fantastic 1vx. A class that is amazing in both those areas does not need changes.

Unless you have one of your monster theorycrafted superhero stam NB builds, I don't see 90% of the stam NB (including average to above average players) population 1v1 any of these crazy magicka DKs, sorcs, templars without a massive amount of effort and hoping the other player also makes a mistake.

And how long has cloak been "broken"? Was cloak ever "fixed" in the past three years? I know that in open world melee my cloak is clunky and breaks most of the time. But I have seen some NBs be able to cloak very effectively even with people on top of them and disappear without issue. I'd like to know that "secret".

Edit: Right now in ESO, it is my opinion that the effort required for successful stam NB play is disproportionate to that required of magicka dk, temp, sorc.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on April 6, 2017 5:21PM
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what everyone's saying is.... nerf sorc?
    Stamblade- Legate
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade requires much patience to get right, it isn't a button press to reset your health, there are procedures to survive. Things that don't happen instantly with minimal effort, 80% of the player base rejects.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, maybe it is because players are more willing to share their insight with other classes than they are with a successful Stamblade build...

This could be a community knowledge problem in part.

Playing defensively is an important skill and it pays off to shore up class weaknesses in a successful builds and not just build towards the class strengths.

I usually see two things happen, overreliance on cloak in situations it won't perform well and overreliance on dodgeroll which can quickly lead to OOS.

Despite what people think, Stamblades can have strong heals however.

Nightblades already have the widest access to Major/Minor buffs. I don't disagree there can't be tweaks though.

I'm not going to comment on small-scale and solo Magblade because that is out of my experience to comment, but I do see Magblade bomber builds that exceed the capability of other classes.

Outside of that bomber role, it seems trickier to define success though.

Edited by Dyride on April 7, 2017 12:54AM
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      Eh, maybe it is because players are more willing to share their insight with other classes than they are with a successful Stamblade build...

This could be a community knowledge problem in part.

Playing defensively is an important skill and it pays off to shore up class weaknesses in a successful builds and not just build towards the class strengths.

I usually see two things happen, overreliance on cloak in situations it won't perform well and overreliance on dodgeroll which can quickly lead to OOS.

Despite what people think, Stamblades can have strong heals however.

Nightblades already have the widest access to Major/Minor buffs. I don't disagree there can't be tweaks though.

I'm not going to comment on small-scale and solo Magblade because that is out of my experience to comment, but I do see Magblade bomber builds that exceed the capability of other classes.

Outside of that bomber role, it seems trickier to define success though.

I think over-reliance on overwhelming damage is what kills most stamblades. Rather than just playing all defense until its time to unload the burst and get a kill.

People think "wow, I've got all this damage in my kit" and want to rely too much on cloak or dodge as you mentioned. Neither of those things is adequate as a primary defense. This results in most stamblade players either being terrible, building for ganking, or playing a different class.

As for healing, you're correct, people drastically underestimate how strong forcing a crit on that rally burst heal or first vigor tick can be.
    2. Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      double post
      Edited by Lexxypwns on April 7, 2017 1:37AM
    3. No_True_Scotsman
      No_True_Scotsman
      ✭✭✭✭
      I had no idea people thought stamblade was weak at all. It's absolutely not. The nightblade kit is both versatile and deadly, particularly for stamina.
    4. zuto40
      zuto40
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I had no idea people thought stamblade was weak at all. It's absolutely not. The nightblade kit is both versatile and deadly, particularly for stamina.

most people just dont know how to play it well, someone at the top of the class should make a stamblade tutorial
      Stamblade- Legate
      Magic DK- Corporal
      Stam DK- Sergeant
      Stamplar- Corporal

5. NightbladeMechanics
      NightbladeMechanics
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @Dyride stamblade builds are generally quite simple...not much to keep secret. Their gameplay mechanics are complex and prohibitive, though, as @Ghostbane described.

Go check out @LeifErickson 's build video. He goes over a lot of useful tips and tricks in addition to the build.
      Kena
      Legion XIII
      Excellence without elitism
      Premier small scale PvP

Legend
      NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
      Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
      Nightblade Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
      https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    6. NightbladeMechanics
      NightbladeMechanics
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      wtf is with these double posts. sorry
      Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 7, 2017 3:37AM
      Kena
      Legion XIII
      Premier small scale PvP

Legend
      Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

General Healing Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
      https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    7. Publius_Scipio
      Publius_Scipio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      wtf is with these double posts. sorry

Miat forums addon
    8. Chair
      Chair
      ✭✭✭
      Stamblade op <3

Stamblade is a class most ppl can play but few will ever master and be extremely good at the healing we have is limited and we can be very squishy in some situations but those of us at the top know how to deal with this Stamblade4lyfe <3
      Edited by Chair on April 7, 2017 7:02AM
      100% Not Miruku I swear
      Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
      DK Rank 35( Retired)
      Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
      Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
      DD for The Phoenix Reborn
      Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

9. Subversus
      Subversus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lexxypwns wrote: »

I don't think anyone things stamblade is totally fine. No class should have a skill floor so high, to be successful with a stamblade you have to be better with it than you would have to be with any other class except arguably mageblade(non-bomber)

Classes with a high skill cap are always needed, imo. Though one can't balance the class after one top tier player, I guess.

Good points. I agree that stamblade (stam in general) is in a very bad place in PvE, but while stamblade is arguably weaker in pvp than some other meta classes, you have to at least admit that it is a very strong 1vX class due to the escape capabilities.
      Edited by Subversus on April 7, 2017 7:18AM
    10. thankyourat
      thankyourat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Subversus wrote: »

Classes with a high skill cap are always needed, imo. Though one can't balance the class after one top tier player, I guess.

Good points. I agree that stamblade (stam in general) is in a very bad place in PvE, but while stamblade is arguably weaker in pvp than some other meta classes, you have to at least admit that it is a very strong 1vX class due to the escape capabilities.

I do like that a class had a high skill cap but I believe you should be rewarded for playing a class with a high skill cap. If a class is harder to play it should be more effective than the other classes once mastered and that's not the case in ESO. Why play a nightblade when you can play a sorcerer and be just as effective and have a easier time playing. There is no benefit in ESO to playing a class with a high skill cap
    11. KingJ
      KingJ
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What escape abilities?Are you talking about the ability with the most counters in the game and barely works?Which is cloak or are you talking about shades which anyone with health a brain can counter, throw caltrops or trap on the shade and and that Nb Is pretty much dead.If our escaped abilities worked you could have a point but they don't work.
    12. No_True_Scotsman
      No_True_Scotsman
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's not like you can use shade to instantaneously teleport out of a bad spot or anything ...
    13. KingJ
      KingJ
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's not like you can use shade to instantaneously teleport out of a bad spot or anything ...
      Against someone who knows what they are doing you won't be able teleport out of a bad spot because they will still be on you.Like I said place a trap on the shade or pull the player out of the range which is really easy to do and there are not escaping.Another thing you can do is force the fight on the shades where is he going to go.XV1 fight the X can have people watch the shades.So no shades won't get you out of a bad spot against someone who know how to play the dam game.
    14. thankyourat
      thankyourat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      KingJ wrote: »
      Against someone who knows what they are doing you won't be able teleport out of a bad spot because they will still be on you.Like I said place a trap on the shade or pull the player out of the range which is really easy to do and there are not escaping.Another thing you can do is force the fight on the shades where is he going to go.XV1 fight the X can have people watch the shades.So no shades won't get you out of a bad spot against someone who know how to play the dam game.

You forgot Mark target as well it's always at least 1 nightblade in the enemy group using Mark target and everyone has detect pots as well. If you are snared they're is no getting away because either once you teleport you are still snared and a dk will just run over and get you in talons
    15. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That trollking tho, so f broken just like soo many of the other monster sets. Please nerf those.

PC EU
      PvP only
    16. Lexxypwns
      Lexxypwns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

You're on my nuts hardcore or what kiddo?

I clearly said skill floor. No class should have a skill floor so high as stamblade and mageblade have right now. The average pug should be able to do reasonably well, but outside of top tier players, fighting against a stamblade or mageblade with any other class and 2 users of the same skill level the nightblade is at a dramatic disadvantage. This further encourages the pug zerg mentality because players have invested X amount of time in this character I'm not going to give up on it just because I can't do as well as I'd like, I'll just find a bunch of friends to help.

I just think NB of both specs need some quality of life changes to lower the skill floor with small adjustments to keep top tier NBs from getting out of hand with the buffs. Overall, homestead was a net gain for mageblade, but the skill floor was raised as a direct result of increased damage from destro passives. While the mageblade benefits from the damage before, without an increase to their defenses the overall increased damage in cyrodiil results in a much higher skill floor.

Stamblade probably only needs old cloak back.
    17. zuto40
      zuto40
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You're on my nuts hardcore or what kiddo?

I clearly said skill floor. No class should have a skill floor so high as stamblade and mageblade have right now. The average pug should be able to do reasonably well, but outside of top tier players, fighting against a stamblade or mageblade with any other class and 2 users of the same skill level the nightblade is at a dramatic disadvantage. This further encourages the pug zerg mentality because players have invested X amount of time in this character I'm not going to give up on it just because I can't do as well as I'd like, I'll just find a bunch of friends to help.

I just think NB of both specs need some quality of life changes to lower the skill floor with small adjustments to keep top tier NBs from getting out of hand with the buffs. Overall, homestead was a net gain for mageblade, but the skill floor was raised as a direct result of increased damage from destro passives. While the mageblade benefits from the damage before, without an increase to their defenses the overall increased damage in cyrodiil results in a much higher skill floor.

Stamblade probably only needs old cloak back.

need old cloak back and for incap to not look like a weak handshake compared to dbos
      Stamblade- Legate
      Magic DK- Corporal
      Stam DK- Sergeant
      Stamplar- Corporal

18. NightbladeMechanics
      NightbladeMechanics
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Where is this incap < dbos nonsense coming from?

L2incap
      Kena
      Legion XIII
      Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion: