The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[VIDEO] STAMBLADE IS DEAD

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    @manny254 for any other stam class in a cp campaign these days, 2k regen is high, but for a medium armor non-ganking stamblade, it's not.

It makes more sense now that I see you're a redguard. The extra max stam comes from there, and with wood elf passives, you'd have the higher regen stat that I was looking for. Redguard facilitates the more melee, brawling play style against fewer numbers, while an elf using shade facilitates hit and run against more. The different styles again.

About how many people on average do you fight at the same time on that build while solo?

So my regen went from being low to a difference in racials? 10k Stamina is now the difference in race? So you have been trying criticize my stats while not paying enough attention to read what I wrote about 2 heavy, see my armor value, see my characters appearance, or see it say Redguard on the stat sheet? It feels like you are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

I really do not understand why you have now assumed how I played based on my racial pasives. When I play solo I kite/los multiple enemies so that I am only targetable by a minimal amount of enemies. During which speed pots are of great help, and allow me to minimize stamina usage while moving. Do I have to explain to you how to play Stam NB solo now? Like I have played "Hit and Run" with much less regen on my NB before. Get it out of your head that 2k regen is low, and understand that a biger resource pool helps resource management a lot more than people give it credit for. In the end you realize this obsession with shad can also be fixed by two seconds in a menu?

BTW Wood elf is not the best race to play NB unless you are a ganker. You overvalue what 12% or 11% regen actually is worth. Personally I would even put Khajiit above Wood elf. Redguard has better overall damage, and the resource return lets you gain sustain from stacking a stat that gives you damage. The fact of the matter is that I can kite very well, and have the option of fighting more straight forward. In the end options are what makes Stam NB strong in open world.

4-5k stam difference and 400-500 regen difference are racial. Elf is 21% regen, not 11-12%. I don't understand the rest of your post. You're the one who came into this thread asserting that your build and play style differences are objectively better than another build which has been shown to be successful. Take a step back and read the comments, man.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 11, 2017 9:01PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @manny254 for any other stam class in a cp campaign these days, 2k regen is high, but for a medium armor non-ganking stamblade, it's not.

It makes more sense now that I see you're a redguard. The extra max stam comes from there, and with wood elf passives, you'd have the higher regen stat that I was looking for. Redguard facilitates the more melee, brawling play style against fewer numbers, while an elf using shade facilitates hit and run against more. The different styles again.

About how many people on average do you fight at the same time on that build while solo?

So my regen went from being low to a difference in racials? 10k Stamina is now the difference in race? So you have been trying criticize my stats while not paying enough attention to read what I wrote about 2 heavy, see my armor value, see my characters appearance, or see it say Redguard on the stat sheet? It feels like you are just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

I really do not understand why you have now assumed how I played based on my racial pasives. When I play solo I kite/los multiple enemies so that I am only targetable by a minimal amount of enemies. During which speed pots are of great help, and allow me to minimize stamina usage while moving. Do I have to explain to you how to play Stam NB solo now? Like I have played "Hit and Run" with much less regen on my NB before. Get it out of your head that 2k regen is low, and understand that a biger resource pool helps resource management a lot more than people give it credit for. In the end you realize this obsession with shad can also be fixed by two seconds in a menu?

BTW Wood elf is not the best race to play NB unless you are a ganker. You overvalue what 12% or 11% regen actually is worth. Personally I would even put Khajiit above Wood elf. Redguard has better overall damage, and the resource return lets you gain sustain from stacking a stat that gives you damage. The fact of the matter is that I can kite very well, and have the option of fighting more straight forward. In the end options are what makes Stam NB strong in open world.

4-5k stam difference and 400-500 regen difference are racial. Elf is 21% regen, not 11-12%. I don't understand the rest of your post. You're the one who came into this thread asserting that your build and play style differences are objectively better than another build which has been shown to be successful. Take a step back and read the comments, man.

Well your lack of playing stamina builds is shining again. 11-12% is in reference to the difference between Redgaurd or Khajiit. Unless you are just unaware that both of those races also give % regen. I really think you should stop commenting on stamina since it is not something you regularly play. Especially considering leif and I are talking about builds, but you are being triggered for some reason.

The point was to show what stats can actually be reached this patch, and if actually read my post without being triggered you would notice I specified about it being a different patch. Yes though kena these stats are objectively better. If you want to have higher regen it would only be a glyph or two away, and you would still have much better damage.
    Edited by manny254 on April 11, 2017 9:46PM
    - Mojican
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Subversus It is nice to know that there is one player on PC EU that can count on one hand; the players he cannot win against. But I am speaking about the entire class x the other classes not one pro. I'm Mike btw, stamina nightblade is a great class, nightblade in general is the weakest class in the game right now though, 100% in pve and what is your opinion on mag nb in pvp? Compared to the rest of course. Stamina NIghtblade is dead in pve and magnb the weakest magic class in both pve and pvp, the video is just a good player using a stamina class with high burst against decent players? I would say bad, but it is what it is. There is a reason why you never see consistency with stam NB in competitive pvp against other classes like DK/Sorcerer. We are talking about consistency throughout all platforms NA/EU, the game does not revolve around that one player is great so things are okay. It has to be a general realization or nothing will change (remember when we use to have purge and ?cloak worked?) They took those away and now they buffed certain classes(mag dk mainly, and I am happy they got buffed after their draught but how can you buff without checking up on the rest?) while putting in sets that benefit not only NB but other classes to an even higher degree. What has changed for NB since the major stam patch? Indirect nerfs, only class that has stayed the same throughout time, while getting toothpick poked, but just because we can 1vx like the rest of the stam classes, things should not change?..Tired of hearing people imply it is 'fine' while the other classes destroy leaderboards in pve and pvp will get a rehaul with Morrowind so I will wait. Why was it that when I got solo Emperor people from all factions would pm me that it was nice to see a stamina nightblade as emperor for once? Simply my thoughts, just talking here family.

@zuto40 all I'm saying is that any class with your skill can do that to those players, especially high burst stam builds using dual wield, so yeah. Battlegrounds is coming and just because you owned some people with dawnbreakers in their face doesn't mean NB are totally fine atm in my humble opinion (mained stam nb since release and have all the other class variations as well and play them except stam temp). DK and Sorcerers are both perfectly fine right now(strong) for pvp/pve and future BG/Trials whilst NB is clearly lackluster and I hear Templars griping as well but they have the best utility in the game and want more burst outside of the channeled abilities/ult, and as for stam temp all I hear about is Potl nerf but I like that they have high sustained burst after 6 seconds, and compete with nightblades on the anti tank playing field, without a class defile.

I don't think anyone things stamblade is totally fine. No class should have a skill floor so high, to be successful with a stamblade you have to be better with it than you would have to be with any other class except arguably mageblade(non-bomber)

Classes with a high skill cap are always needed, imo. Though one can't balance the class after one top tier player, I guess.
    @Subversus It is nice to know that there is one player on PC EU that can count on one hand; the players he cannot win against. But I am speaking about the entire class x the other classes not one pro. I'm Mike btw, stamina nightblade is a great class, nightblade in general is the weakest class in the game right now though, 100% in pve and what is your opinion on mag nb in pvp? Compared to the rest of course. Stamina NIghtblade is dead in pve and magnb the weakest magic class in both pve and pvp, the video is just a good player using a stamina class with high burst against decent players? I would say bad, but it is what it is. There is a reason why you never see consistency with stam NB in competitive pvp against other classes like DK/Sorcerer. We are talking about consistency throughout all platforms NA/EU, the game does not revolve around that one player is great so things are okay. It has to be a general realization or nothing will change (remember when we use to have purge and ?cloak worked?) They took those away and now they buffed certain classes(mag dk mainly, and I am happy they got buffed after their draught but how can you buff without checking up on the rest?) while putting in sets that benefit not only NB but other classes to an even higher degree. What has changed for NB since the major stam patch? Indirect nerfs, only class that has stayed the same throughout time, while getting toothpick poked, but just because we can 1vx like the rest of the stam classes, things should not change?..Tired of hearing people imply it is 'fine' while the other classes destroy leaderboards in pve and pvp will get a rehaul with Morrowind so I will wait. Why was it that when I got solo Emperor people from all factions would pm me that it was nice to see a stamina nightblade as emperor for once? Simply my thoughts, just talking here family.

Good points. I agree that stamblade (stam in general) is in a very bad place in PvE, but while stamblade is arguably weaker in pvp than some other meta classes, you have to at least admit that it is a very strong 1vX class due to the escape capabilities.

I will always admit it, stamina nb is babycake in 1vx. Out of cloak heavy/incap/surprise /light/execute one shots. But 1vx is only joes against one pro generally. I want us to be on an even playing field against a DK in terms of consistent pvp..that means purge mainly, how can any stam nb survive all DK dot ticks+skoria proc or meteor while getting fossalized+talons and whiped in the face..its unreal at times, you have to legit run heavy for even a chance. But I run medium because...stam nb lol..

MDK's are terrible at chasing since few of them slot chains. There just usually isn't room on their bars and MDK can't usually sacrifice a slot. If you need to break pressure just shuffle and shade off. Roll and cloak if you need as well.

Why in the world would I make a magdk chase me in a 1v1? We are battling it out, shuffle and dodge rolls every CC with fossalize+talons? Are you kidding me? And yeah cloak against a magdk is terrible, dots pull you out of stealth at times+somehow skoria can proc even though the dots are supressed so it can remove you completely. And yes im talking about great magdk players against great stamnbs, its a direct counter. Yes? I have plenty field experience to say so, it sucks. Only bet is running immovable pots in heavy armour.

If you're in medium, Talons shouldn't really bother you that much. And if you don't think creating distance against a class that literally needs to be in your grill while not having access to a reliable gap closer is a solid tactic then ... well that's your bad. I fight pretty good MDK's and I do splendidly. Shade's minor maim and on-demand GTFO power is brilliant against almost everyone, MDK's included. I also unashamedly cover the ground in rearming traps :3

Okay okay you convinced me, stam nb is perfectly fine.
    The Flyers
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this talk of stamblade's not being really strong makes me wonder if we're even playing the same class. High damage, high sustain, good ability to escape ... maybe a little weak on the healing, but there should be a trade off somewhere. Besides, if you're trying to stick it out and brawl you're probably on the wrong class anyways.
    What good escape ability?Cloak majority of the time doesn't work and the only defense mechanic in the game with multiple hard counters in the game.Cloak has potions,poisons,a item set kinda (sentry set),Any AOE,Mark.That's what supposed to break cloak.Then we have single target abilities and range attacks breaking cloak currently.Shade any player with have a brain can stop you from escaping snares every player and builds bane,are still applied once a player teleport.
    tonemd wrote: »
    Dyride wrote: »
    Eh, maybe it is because players are more willing to share their insight with other classes than they are with a successful Stamblade build...

This could be a community knowledge problem in part.

Playing defensively is an important skill and it pays off to shore up class weaknesses in a successful builds and not just build towards the class strengths.

I usually see two things happen, overreliance on cloak in situations it won't perform well and overreliance on dodgeroll which can quickly lead to OOS.

Despite what people think, Stamblades can have strong heals however.

Nightblades already have the widest access to Major/Minor buffs. I don't disagree there can't be tweaks though.

I'm not going to comment on small-scale and solo Magblade because that is out of my experience to comment, but I do see Magblade bomber builds that exceed the capability of other classes.

Outside of that bomber role, it seems trickier to define success though.

I think over-reliance on overwhelming damage is what kills most stamblades. Rather than just playing all defense until its time to unload the burst and get a kill.

People think "wow, I've got all this damage in my kit" and want to rely too much on cloak or dodge as you mentioned. Neither of those things is adequate as a primary defense. This results in most stamblade players either being terrible, building for ganking, or playing a different class.

As for healing, you're correct, people drastically underestimate how strong forcing a crit on that rally burst heal or first vigor tick can be.

People actually think "I'll add all this damage to my kit so I can kill quickly otherwise I'm toast." I do agree that successful stamblade knowledge needs to be shared with the rest of us 80%rs. Tired of ganking.

Also tired of having to rely on Two-Hand but hey what can you do.

:(

@LeifErickson made a really good build video here to share what he runs, and there are tons of gameplay videos on his channel. Learn from those if anywhere.

Eh if you are going to wear Medium armor you should almost always run shadow stone in CP campaign, and especially on NB where you can guarantee crits with cloak.

This is more what a nb's stats should look like in this patch. Buffed with rally and relentless. You can take away 2% crit from owning some enemy keeps, but in combat you can add about 186 magicka and stam regen from wearing two heavy.

l5TbYVh.png
    What are you running to get those stats?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well your lack of playing stamina builds is shining again. 11-12% is in reference to the difference between Redgaurd or Khajiit. Unless you are just unaware that both of those races also give % regen. I really think you should stop commenting on stamina since it is not something you regularly play. Especially considering leif and I are talking about builds, but you are being triggered for some reason.

The point was to show what stats can actually be reached this patch, and if actually read my post without being triggered you would notice I specified about it being a different patch. Yes though kena these stats are objectively better. If you want to have higher regen it would only be a glyph or two away, and you would still have much better damage.

Stamblade was my first character, and I've had four over the life of my account. I've played stamblade a ton, so your ignorance and assumptions are showing...again.

I was comparing your stats on that sheet to my stats on my elf, not my redguard or my khajiit or Glory's khajiit.

I am not the triggered one here....lol you're projecting all of that into it from yourself. :lol:

KingJ wrote: »
    What are you running to get those stats?

Smells like Draugr + Agility to me, but I could be off. Draugr is very strong on stamblade, especially redguard ones, as it is on other classes. *** if I'm going to farm that though. :lol:
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 12, 2017 12:55AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamblade was my first character, and I've had four over the life of my account. I've played stamblade a ton, so your ignorance and assumptions are showing...again.

I was comparing your stats on that sheet to my stats on my elf, not my redguard or my khajiit or Glory's khajiit.

I am not the triggered one here....lol you're projecting all of that into it from yourself. :lol:

So you play stamblade everyday then? So you are just admitting that you where not paying attention? Ignoring the fact that you are inexperienced enough with stam that you where unaware other races give % regen. Dude just give it up and be able to admit you where wrong and are do not know everything about something you don't even play.
    - Mojican
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you play stamblade everyday then? So you are just admitting that you where not paying attention? Ignoring the fact that you are inexperienced enough with stam that you where unaware other races give % regen. Dude just give it up and be able to admit you where wrong and are do not know everything about something you don't even play.

Last time I played my stamblade was over the weekend, and I simply said that elves get 21% total regen compared to redguards' 9 or 10% or whatever it is.

Are you ok? Where is all this coming from? This isn't your thread, no one said anything about you to make you come in here so salty, and you're the only one here getting mad. Even your friends, including Glory who plays the khajiit that you mentioned, have been chill and humorous. I think it's time we dropped this whole conversation. God forbid people play a class differently than you... :sleeping:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Last time I played my stamblade was over the weekend, and I simply said that elves get 21% total regen compared to redguards' 9 or 10% or whatever it is.

Are you ok? Where is all this coming from? This isn't your thread, no one said anything about you to make you come in here so salty, and you're the only one here getting mad. Even your friends, including Glory who plays the khajiit that you mentioned, have been chill and humorous. I think it's time we dropped this whole conversation. God forbid people play a class differently than you... :sleeping:

So attempting to argue a point = mad? I think you are confused. I never said that people can't play differently, but I presented something as another option. You are the one seems to have taken that as an insult to your knowledge. Especially since once again leif and I are actually talking about builds. You are just trying to argue for no reason. Trying to tell me how I play my character.
    Edited by manny254 on April 12, 2017 1:15AM
    - Mojican
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So attempting to argue a point = mad? I think you are confused. I never said that people can't play differently, but I presented something as another option. You are the one seems to have taken that as an insult to your knowledge. Especially since once again leif and I are actually talking about builds. You are just trying to argue for no reason. Trying to tell me how I play my character.

What on earth are you talking about?
    Eh, maybe it is because players are more willing to share their insight with other classes than they are with a successful Stamblade build...

Playing defensively is an important skill and it pays off to shore up class weaknesses in a successful builds and not just build towards the class strengths.

I usually see two things happen, overreliance on cloak in situations it won't perform well and overreliance on dodgeroll which can quickly lead to OOS.

Nightblades already have the widest access to Major/Minor buffs. I don't disagree there can't be tweaks though.

I'm not going to comment on small-scale and solo Magblade because that is out of my experience to comment, but I do see Magblade bomber builds that exceed the capability of other classes.

I think over-reliance on overwhelming damage is what kills most stamblades. Rather than just playing all defense until its time to unload the burst and get a kill.

People think "wow, I've got all this damage in my kit" and want to rely too much on cloak or dodge as you mentioned. Neither of those things is adequate as a primary defense. This results in most stamblade players either being terrible, building for ganking, or playing a different class.

As for healing, you're correct, people drastically underestimate how strong forcing a crit on that rally burst heal or first vigor tick can be.

People actually think "I'll add all this damage to my kit so I can kill quickly otherwise I'm toast." I do agree that successful stamblade knowledge needs to be shared with the rest of us 80%rs. Tired of ganking.

@LeifErickson made a really good build video here to share what he runs, and there are tons of gameplay videos on his channel. Learn from those if anywhere.

Eh if you are going to wear Medium armor you should almost always run shadow stone in CP campaign, and especially on NB where you can guarantee crits with cloak.

This is more what a nb's stats should look like in this patch.

In direct reply to me linking Leif's video to a guy who asked for help playing stamblade.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 12, 2017 1:18AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What on earth are you talking about?

This is more what a nb's stats should look like in this patch.

In direct reply to me linking Leif's video to a guy who asked for help playing stamblade.

The multiple times you tried to tell me how I played based of my stats? When you tried to determine how I played based of my characters race?

Did I say that what I linked was the only way to play? Should I not criticize a build if you link it? Do you have a problem with people disagreeing with you?
    - Mojican
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    CAGE MATCH

IN THIS CORNER: @manny254

AND IN THE OTHER CORNER: @NightbladeMechanics

WHO

SHALL

EMERGE

VICTORIOUS?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    CAGE MATCH

IN THIS CORNER: @manny254

AND IN THE OTHER CORNER: @NightbladeMechanics

WHO

SHALL

EMERGE

VICTORIOUS?

Glory fite me
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God the only thing I love more than mining salt is watching drama unfold
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is one "right" way to spec or play a NB or any other class. And I don't think there are any magic or right stats. In ESO there is a lot of power not shown in stats. The Eternal Hunt set 5 piece bonus does nothing to the stat sheet, but it's damn effective against any melee oriented build.

I don't think the (stam) NB is weak, but I do think it requires experience and skill to play effectively and it's not a very forgiving class. I suspect many of the people who struggle try to play them as brawlers and when the fight turns against them, they hit the cloak button (usually in melee) hoping to escape and then think the class sucks when such tactics don't work.

If there is one thing that separates the best NBs I have faced, is that all of them very mobile and elusive, and kept moving even when attacking (as opposed to spamming attacks). They used cloak and Shades not to escape, but usually to re-position themselves or just break their enemy's rhythm. Mizaru on NA PC is probably the best I've seen using this tactic. This sort of gameplay is something that stamplars or stam DKs can't really replicate and a NB who opts to brawl instead is not using their class's strengths.

I do think NBs are in a bad spot in PvE because end-game trials are just straight up DPS and do not value the combat a NB is best at.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

@manny254 it's easy to interpret a play style based on class, stats, and bar setup, so I speculated and asked you questions about your bars. Get control of yourself. You have less sustain than Leif, therefore he'll be faster and more mobile albeit hit less hard. Stop turning that statement into some kind of drama. I didn't call your stamblade an immobile robot. I said it won't be able to kite 12 people as proficiently as Leif's build.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 12, 2017 3:36AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Joy_Division 's got it. I love nightblade for exactly those play patterns.

And I didn't know Mizaru was adept at stamblade. That's cool.

I remember Moji trying to start forum drama with me going a year back. Gets tiresome.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 12, 2017 3:37AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

@manny254 it's easy to interpret a play style based on class, stats, and bar setup, so I speculated and asked you questions about your bars. Get control of yourself. You have less sustain than Leif, therefore he'll be faster and more mobile albeit hit less hard. Stop turning that statement into some kind of drama. I didn't call your stamblade an immobile robot. I said it won't be able to kite 12 people as proficiently as Leif's build.

I am pretty sure with speed pots I actually move faster than his build from point a to point b. Stamina regen has no correlation to speed. Something else you don't understand as a non stamina player? Once again you tried to define my playstyle, and you did it incorrectly.

What drama dude? Not agreeing with you is drama? Like really?
    Edited by manny254 on April 12, 2017 4:43AM
    - Mojican
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with your point OP but you cant prove anything by killing a bunch of pve'rs in sewers. Just go out to Cyrodiil and join some random fights in the open field.
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 12, 2017 4:49AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics - awww Glory was just trying to be silly, not confrontational :p

C'mon guys - you all are super good players who have a very good understanding of game mechanics - if y'all would just try to stop arguing and put your minds together... :disappointed:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

I am pretty sure with speed pots I actually move faster than his build from point a to point b. Stamina regen has no correlation to speed. Something else you don't understand as a non stamina player? Once again you tried to define my playstyle, and you did it incorrectly.

Stop calling me a non stamina player. I already told you I've played since 1.6, longer than my mageblade and perhaps longer than you. And you probably do cover ground from point A to point B better than Leif's build since the Hasty Retreat nerf, but in my context, "mobility" includes much more than just speed. Stop oversimplifying my statements.

I remember Moji trying to start forum drama with me going a year back. Gets tiresome.

[snip]

I don't remember the last time I had an actual salty argument on these forums. That's petty. I engage in debate all the time, but things don't get heated or antagonistic unless...well unless people like you turn the conversation that way. Look what just happened here.

A console player made a video thread.

We were all talking about Incap versus Dawnbreaker.

Another person reached out for help playing stamblade.

I pointed out Leif's build video as a resource.

You came in saying basically "no, play stamblade this way."

And then Leif, Glory, Mer, Joy, I think a few others, and I have all said the different builds come down to play style preferences and can't be judged as objectively better or worse than one another because they play fundamentally differently.

But we each called your build perfectly good in different ways than his. I really don't understand your issue.

Yet here you still go calling me a hypocrite...

Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2017 4:30PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    @NightbladeMechanics - awww Glory was just trying to be silly, not confrontational :p

C'mon guys - you all are super good players who have a very good understanding of game mechanics - if y'all would just try to stop arguing and put your minds together... :disappointed:

Then @Glory I apologize. But what on earth is going on with Moji here? Grumpy grumpy grumpy.

We could have had a perfectly constructive conversation about the merits of different styles of stamblade builds, but he's all on my D. :grimace:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

Stop calling me a non stamina player. I already told you I've played since 1.6, longer than my mageblade and perhaps longer than you. And you probably do cover ground from point A to point B better than Leif's build since the Hasty Retreat nerf, but in my context, "mobility" includes much more than just speed. Stop oversimplifying my statements.

[snip]

I don't remember the last time I had an actual salty argument on these forums. That's petty. I engage in debate all the time, but things don't get heated or antagonistic unless...well unless people like you turn the conversation that way. Look what just happened here.

And then Leif, Glory, Mer, Joy, I think a few others, and I have all said the different builds come down to play style preferences and can't be judged as objectively better or worse than one another because they play fundamentally differently.

But we each called your build perfectly good in different ways than his. I really don't understand your issue.

How is this conversation heated? I made good points that are true. If you can't take the truth don't argue? I have played many characters magicka, I have even played my main as maigcka, but I am not a magicka player. You are not a stamina player.

I shared my opnion on something better, and showed some stats of what can be available. Is that wrong? At no point did I say my way is the only way. Someone disagreeing with you is wrong?

You are being a hypocrite, want me to lie to you? I am not trying insult you, I am just telling you how it is. If you can not take that you should not try to argue with me.

The whole moral of this story is that what you seem to misunderstand is that I am not trying to insult you. I am just telling you how it is. I am not upset that someone has a different opinion, but I am going to argue my points. To be honest which I always will be. It feels as if you fumbled many times in our argument, and you are trying to find every way to avoid admitting that.

Anyway have fun doing what ever it is you like. Mer and I had to 2v8 a organized group with 3 templars while I wrote this. It is much more fun than this.

Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2017 4:30PM
    - Mojican
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

[snip]

How is this conversation heated? I made good points that are true. If you can't take the truth don't argue? I have played many characters magicka, I have even played my main as maigcka, but I am not a magicka player. You are not a stamina player.

I shared my opnion on something better, and showed some stats of what can be available. Is that wrong? At no point did I say my way is the only way. Someone disagreeing with you is wrong?

You are being a hypocrite, want me to lie to you? I am not trying insult you, I am just telling you how it is. If you can not take that you should not try to argue with me.

The whole moral of this story is that what you seem to misunderstand is that I am not trying to insult you. I am just telling you how it is. I am not upset that someone has a different opinion, but I am going to argue my points. To be honest which I always will be. It feels as if you fumbled many times in our argument, and you are trying to find every way to avoid admitting that.

Anyway have fun doing what ever it is you like. Mer and I had to 2v8 a organized group with 3 templars while I wrote this. It is much more fun than this.

But...you came in here and started all of this and then continued jabbing at me even after we all told you to chill and let it go?...

I'm so confused. lol Everyone sees through your passive aggressive attempts at damage control. Stop trying to spin this on me, and just let it go.

Edit: I also don't understand this "stamina player" "magicka player" mutual exclusivity. I've played magicka and stamina nightblade at all levels of both PvE and PvP. If anything, I'm a nightblade player, yet I have played all classes. Your labels are belittling.

I'm going to sleep. RIP a perfectly good thread. :/ Good night.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2017 4:31PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

[snip]

What is your build again? :confused:
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2017 4:31PM
  • Mordors
    Mordors
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade is garbage in PVE nobody said its garbage in PVP ?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Glory /yawn

[snip]

What is your build again? :confused:

Check your inbox.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 12, 2017 4:32PM
    - Mojican
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I agree with your point OP but you cant prove anything by killing a bunch of pve'rs in sewers. Just go out to Cyrodiil and join some random fights in the open field.

Part of being a successful player is picking where you fight, do I fight where I can los? Or do I fight the multiple destro trains running around up top in an open field
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other than the bickering between https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/KenaPKK (what's with that eh?) and mojican, which I don't even follow...

Well, the two melee builds are both viable. They are just different. Going dodge monkey mode typically makes you either 100% reliant on procs and comboing to kill anyone decent. I see a fair number of stamblades running something similar and as long as I don't bother chasing them I really don't fear them because their damage is a bit low. It's just a little reliant on either procs or eternal hunt runes for it's damage. The sheer amount of dodging they will be able to do makes them a bit annoying.

The build mojican put up seems to be a heavier damage build with enough regen to get by. It's different than the above build and it's likely much more lethal. Just under 40k stamina and 3.5k weapdmg is going to be excellent damage output. Probably not going to be able to survive a focusing by multiple decent players, but who really does?

As for the whole DBOS versus incap point. Well DBOS technically can't be dodged, but in reality it just misses quite often. The amount of times I check the combat log and see 0 damage (and 0 absorb, 0 dodges, 0 block) on DBOS is getting pretty annoying. I don't know what it is, but I'm seeing it often enough to become very wary of the honor of some people. Even so, the option of being able to ambush into a group and lay down the DBOS pain makes it a better option than incap. There is a certain beauty of knocking down 4-5 guys and killing them in a big skirmish, or ambushing into a group heading to a tower or running to a door and knocking them down so your side can kill them.

Incap is great for ganking (or dueling). It's strictly single target with a broken annoying animation.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is more what a nb's stats should look like in this patch. Buffed with rally and relentless. You can take away 2% crit from owning some enemy keeps, but in combat you can add about 186 magicka and stam regen from wearing two heavy.

l5TbYVh.png

btw thats builds nothing special, here's one i threw together last night with some stuff still blue, purple enchants, and a few bad traits http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Inferno Staff/screenshot/6130337
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭

Hey @NightbladeMechanics ! I just want to say, I watched the video you posted last night when I got home from work. Very informative, thank you! Has me rethinking my non-vet stamblade build. Shadowy Disguise and Vigor just seems too good not to use (otherwise I was gonna remove cloak from my bar). Likewise making my bow bar my defense bar. I've almost morphed Summon Shade to the version that lets you teleport - so many skills I want to try out!

Keep up the insightful commentary. Great screenname by the way.
    Edited by worsttankever on April 12, 2017 4:21PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.