The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Blazing Spear Nerf

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    While the nerf to Blazing Spear wasn't necessary, it's a bit of a stretch to say Magplar isn't viable for solo PvP.

I'd like to see proof that anyone can 1vX on a magplar after the nerf. I've talked to the best templars on console and not a single one can truly 1vX anymore. Sure you can kill 2 or 3 potatoes, but that's not 1vXing.

*cough* purifying light *cough*

Purifying light cc's?

218.png_large
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on March 1, 2017 3:40PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the nerf to Blazing Spear wasn't necessary, it's a bit of a stretch to say Magplar isn't viable for solo PvP.

I'd like to see proof that anyone can 1vX on a magplar after the nerf. I've talked to the best templars on console and not a single one can truly 1vX anymore. Sure you can kill 2 or 3 potatoes, but that's not 1vXing.

Purifying light cc's?

218.png_large

The claim was that you can't 1vX anymore without Blazing Shard's CC, not that Purifying Light CCs

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purifying light cc's?

218.png_large

The claim was that you can't 1vX anymore without Blazing Shard's CC, not that Purifying Light CCs

The issue has never been a lack of damage. Templars lack mobility and quality cc's. 1vXing is not possible when a class has neither of those. Can you kill 2 or 3 potatoes still? Sure, but that's not 1vXing.
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I can't speak to PvP at all but the lack of hard CC on spear shards (both morphs) is fab for maw because I don't have to worry about accidentally CCing the adds before they're chained..
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aurora javelin still stuns.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »

Not only does it stun but it also has a decent chance to double stun.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's costs 500-800 more magic than blazing spear did, requires line of sight, it's reflectable, and is dodgeable both by dodge roll and shuffle. It's a bad cc compared to the old blazing spear.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use vampire drain..the fear animation alone gives extra second or so for you to go to town
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel Day #5

When will luminous shards be fixed?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can't be that decent, since I've never experienced it. Only time I pull out Javelin is for knocking players off of keep/outpost walls when they stick their neck out to far, which is admittedly pretty funny when you Beam them the rest of the way down.

No in PvP, the Vampire stun/fear is the best option now. Can't be reflected or dodged, it gives you 5 ultimate every time too at max level, even if you animation cancel it, and it costs much less than Aurora, like at least 500 less or more.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well delete the skill at this point. Useless for Pvp and PvE.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

It can't be that decent, since I've never experienced it. Only time I pull out Javelin is for knocking players off of keep/outpost walls when they stick their neck out to far, which is admittedly pretty funny when you Beam them the rest of the way down.

No in PvP, the Vampire stun/fear is the best option now. Can't be reflected or dodged, it gives you 5 ultimate every time too at max level, even if you animation cancel it, and it costs much less than Aurora, like at least 500 less or more.

Well, I was somewhat joking, but it seems half of the I get double CC'ed it's from a javelin spammer. It's obviously not intended.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rich Lambert told us exactly why these changes were made. It had nothing to do what the community asked.
    1. He wanted the choice between Blazing and Luminous to be meaningful
    2. He wanted Templar DPS rotation to be similar.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Luminous's "fix" because it is working according to ZoS's mechanics. Disorients are supposed to break upon receiving damage. The only way they can "fix" luminous is to remove the disorient, which would be questionable because the disorient effect goes through block and is why many people took the morph in the first place.

Is anyone really surprised? Whoever makes the balance changes for Templars does not have any clue how to play one - just take a look at the Eclipse skill.

The problem we have is that Lambert and Wrobel both have Youtube clips where they are playing sorcerers, so when the community correctly identifies a terrible sorc change (i.e. Haunting Curse), they are quick to revert it while we templars, who made our displeasure known equally as loud, just have to eat nerfs.

Well after the change to blazing spear, the choice became even more one sided. It's still blazing spear for PvE and just drop it completely for PvP. Luminous still get absolutely no use in either mode and the fact that it goes through block is nullified by the staggering amounts of dots in PvP. Adds don't block often in PvE and the magicka return is very minor and doesn't stack up to the damage provided by blazing spear. It cant even beat blazing spear as synergy bait so DPS and tanks can proc alkosh/moon dancer/lunar bastion.

I kinda want to start a pole to see which ability is in a worse spot for a templar right now. Eclipse morphs or luminous shards

Eclipse still eclipses BS.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you need a aoe stun when jabs hits 7k plus burning light proc and 10k beam with a 6k scoria proc.
    I got bored so I put my magdk gear on my unplayed Templar I have played since wrogthar. the game just felt ten times easier my healing and sustain was better and easier to do. the dmg was so much high with just jabes and vampires bane I killed them before I could even use beam. I would kill people more the twice as fast as my magdk. the only thing a magdk does better is cc.
    the dmg is so high.

how do you have a problem
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny I'm sure many of the same people who complain about Blazing Spear are the same people who use Volley with a Bow. So BS cannot CC anymore, big deal, it's still useful just as Volley is useful with Bow. Stop using it for CC and use it as an AoE instead.
    Edited by ADarklore on March 2, 2017 5:57PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    why do you need a aoe stun when jabs hits 7k plus burning light proc and 10k beam with a 6k scoria proc.
    I got bored so I put my magdk gear on my unplayed Templar I have played since wrogthar. the game just felt ten times easier my healing and sustain was better and easier to do. the dmg was so much high with just jabes and vampires bane I killed them before I could even use beam. I would kill people more the twice as fast as my magdk. the only thing a magdk does better is cc.
    the dmg is so high.

It's easy to kill bad players with or without a reliable cc. It's not easy to kill competent players without one. Sure I can stack spell damage on a templar, but survivability goes down the drain in solo play if you can't sustain.

I'm not asking for blinding flashes. Hell, I'm not asking for fossilize or talons. All the templar community wants is a reliable cc (luminous shards as a hard cc not a disorient).
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny I'm sure many of the same people who complain about Blazing Spear are the same people who use Volley with a Bow. So BS cannot CC anymore, big deal, it's still useful just as Volley is useful with Bow. Stop using it for CC and use it as an AoE instead.

I've never slotted volley in my 1000s of hours on ESO. Sure BS will work alright in PVE. It's basically liquid lightning, but it's absolutely worthless in PVP now. If @Wrobel would fix luminous shards, none of this would be an issue.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar skills dont make sense half the damn time.
    Eclipse is wierd, horrible for a reflect and *** as AoE damage on other morph.
    Solar barrage is neat...but useless since it STILL has that stupid self stun. And its tied up with dark flare.
    Luminous and blazing spear both suck. Only usefull for healer to help DPS get resources (a *** amount i might add) in instances.
    Radiant shield is useless except in niche builds (which are awesome BTW)
    Healing rituals are *** for both PvE and PvP.
    We have *** AoE as templar unless we go destro staff.
    Our ultimates suck due to zero reliable burst. Nova is only good for damage redux.
    We dont have a stun that goes through block, we dont have any roots, we dont have an AoE CC at all, not even aoe snare. The only thing we really have that other classes dont is an awesome spammable (jabs), an awesome execute, and an awesome heal. Oh and an awesome way to get magsteal back. I am of mind that templars just need to be given a AOE caster based stun. Think remove eclipse and move solar barrage morph to its spot, make barrage do an aoe stun instead of mucho damage, and give barrage and flare new morph effects.

Also make luminous give EQUAL resources, including a bit more. Make blazing spear accually DEAL DAMAGE equatable to wall of elements. And have the synergy not keep all of the skills damage wrapped into it.

Buff the *** out of nova like 25-50% more damage. Revert crescent sweep back to magick, also REMOVE THE DOT AFFECT and have all damage up front. Rememberance is fine. Have practiced incantation be able to move full speed while channeling, while reducing healing for that morph.

Ritual needs to be a channeled movable HOT healing for a minor amount for the duration of the hot.

Completelt change toppling charge. It doesnt work and the buttheads at zos cant fix it. Think of the charge that the dudes in orsinium had. You jump into the air and pop down ontop of your enemy.

Maybe give us a "ball of light" skill that acts similar to mistform.

Eclipse needs to go though. Its unbelievable that three years after launch zos still hasnt gotten that skill to work in PVP. A skill thats negated by immunity...but doesnt stun? Lol wut?
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the dmg is so high.

It's easy to kill bad players with or without a reliable cc. It's not easy to kill competent players without one. Sure I can stack spell damage on a templar, but survivability goes down the drain in solo play if you can't sustain.

I'm not asking for blinding flashes. Hell, I'm not asking for fossilize or talons. All the templar community wants is a reliable cc (luminous shards as a hard cc not a disorient).
    @Ron_Burgundy_79

I used a cc I had two
    toppling charge and javelin

I ran 5 rattle 5 seducer 2 skoria 6/1 heavy DW/SB

every part of the fights I got into was easier than my magdk
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I think it's pointless.
    No matter how bad Templar will be in certain areas, some ppl will still think it's the most powerful class in the game, the 1vxr of 1vxrs, the class that has everything (including this super-awesome CC called Vampire Drain - please help me, I've looked through my Templar skills but I couldn't find it).
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    No matter how bad Templar will be in certain areas, some ppl will still think it's the most powerful class in the game, the 1vxr of 1vxrs, the class that has everything (including this super-awesome CC called Vampire Drain - please help me, I've looked through my Templar skills but I couldn't find it).

@Lore_lai

its a vampire spell
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lore_lai

its a vampire spell
    I was being sarcastic. ;)

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel Day #6

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can't speak to PvP at all but the lack of hard CC on spear shards (both morphs) is fab for maw because I don't have to worry about accidentally CCing the adds before they're chained..

Luminous will still give free CC immunity so you have to be very careful when you drop them so the chainers can properly chain.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    We have tons of other skills we can use. We will and are adapting. Chill.

While I agree that we will survive; it still was un-needed. If it still had a stun; it would be on my bar. Since it doesn't; it is not.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lore_lai

its a vampire spell
    I was being sarcastic. ;)

I was hoping so but you never know. I don't think the the best 1vx class magsorc probably are. but they are very solid class I don't think the needed to remove stun from it but you don't need it to do well
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Karivaa wrote: »
    We have tons of other skills we can use. We will and are adapting. Chill.

While I agree that we will survive; it still was un-needed. If it still had a stun; it would be on my bar. Since it doesn't; it is not.

True.
    Also a lot of people who don't really play magicka Templar or who have not played it throughout various patches don't understand how some of the changes hurt us.
    One change here and there and they all add up. Individually they may not seem like a big deal, but overall they hurt.

I've been playing this week and because non-CP I've used DBoS. I've missed it so much. :'(
    I've also dropped sweeps because I'm tired of my sweeps missing when the target is literally right in front of me and the spear visual goes through them.
    I've put on Crushing Shock and #noRegrets.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait U14. It will be fantastic update.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel Day #7

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wrobel

First of all, the blazing spear nerf was unnecessary. It was called a buff. Its far from that. The nerf was made even worse when we found out luminous wasnt fixed.

When can we expect luminous shards to be fixed? It's nearly impossible to solo play in pvp as a magplar. Until you make luminous shards a hard cc (not a disorient), solo magplars will essentially be forced to play as a blazing shield build or BoL spammer. I'm trying to make solo play work, but my templar "house" has turned into a cardboard box without my only reliable cc.

The templar community isn't happy with our current situation, and we would very much like an update on when this problem will be fixed.

As an unbiased opinion, from someone who plays multiples of each class, other classes get the good love with only love, but Templar "buffs" have always been hand in hand with changes that ruined the euphoria.

I think Templar dev runs a dungeon at night. That's the only way it makes sense.