Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blazing Spear Nerf

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Just wait U14. It will be fantastic update.

Sure. That's when I stop playing my Templar and begin with the Warden.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure make shards only stun 1 person at a time instead of an entire group, make the aoe stun range 75% of what the AoE range is now and I'll be 100% behind you
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some general observation on this patch about Templars coming from someone who pretty much plays every night on NA PC (i.e. the "zerg" pop locked server).

I know you love spamming your Javelins. Yes, I will admit it is amusing to knock someone off the Bleakers ramparts. I know it's funny. But when you spam that against me in the open field, it's annoying more than effective. Sure, you may CC me, but I am going to immediately break and and continue whatever it was I intended on doing and the three more Javelins you throw at me are just wasting your magicka. Very very rarely do I say to myself "I lost that fight because of that Javelin" (note: much the same applies to the Flame clench spell magblades love to spam).

Please stop eclipsing me. Not because it's annoying, but because its embarrassingly ineffective. A lot of the times I just completely ignore the spell since it doesn't even reflect many of my attacks.

I'm not sure why some of you don't use sword and shield + heavy armor for your defensive off bar. Try it out and hold down block. Trust me, you will become that lovable "cancerplar" tank without even specing for a tank. I think it is a HUGE mistake to go light armor and restoration staff because it's so squishy and the lack of stamina management will get you killed.

If you aren't using purifying light, you are doing it wrong. It's merely passable in a 1v1 (but still good enough to warrant continual usage, if only for the HoT it generates), but it is amazing as an Xv1 skill. Note: templars are terrible at 1vX, but hands down the best Xv1 class in the game. Thanks ZoS! I should be getting hit with this spell much more than I am.

The Luminous Shards you throw at me, half the time get CC broken before I can hit my break free key. I know you think this skill is good because it goes through block. OK, let's think about this. Who is holding block? That DK who is tanking 10 potatoes right? What happens to a disoriented player when damaged? Right, CC immunity. You don't think those 10 potatoes are going to damage the permablocking DK can break free? Please let Nightblades do their job and deal with permablockers.

I know the theory behind Ritual of Retribution is a fine one, but it's a PvE skill. I use Extended Ritual and there are times I am still debuffed after casting it. You are taking one of the best templar class attributes, the cleanse, and throwing it in the garbage by taking Ritual of Retribution. Low constant DoTs have a very marginal effect on decent PvP players.

I still find templars the most dangerous when they are jabbing.

In light of the upcoming Morrowind release, I also want to point out that one of our better skills is about to become if not obsolete, very frustrating to cast.

Right now Restoring Focus is something of a mainstay on our bars because the defensive buffs are good and its pretty much the only class based source of regen we have. But next patch, the Warden will give allies the defensive buffs....so what exactly is Restoring Focus doing for us. Nothing, except being a stupid magicka return button. How boring. How silly that I have to cast a skill that costs magicka to get more magicka. At least DK and sorc defensive skill buffs actually do something useful. ZoS are you really going to force us to put a skill on our bar that we have to hit every 8 seconds to have any sort of regen ...especially since you are intent on nerfing it next patch. For the love of the 8 divines, please do not force us to do that.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure make shards only stun 1 person at a time instead of an entire group, make the aoe stun range 75% of what the AoE range is now and I'll be 100% behind you

What are you talking about? The stun only CC'd one person per cast.
    EDIT: LOL @Joy_Division
    And Javelin (the magicka one of course) - sometimes, if you're not in immediate danger, you can even let the CC run out. It's like a pathetic 1.8 sec CC anyway. Lots of Javelin spammers will CC you at the wrong time anyway.
    Edited by Lore_lai on March 20, 2017 11:05PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This tells me a lot (who devs caters to, etc). Seems to me they continue to nerf NB and Temps while handing DK / Sorcs easy mode.

dk_stuff.jpg

Actually-I-Am-Not-Even-Mad-Thats-Just-Sad-Funny-Meme-Image.jpg
    Poor NB... almost every patch...NERF... :'(
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO take a look at the wardens skill impaling shards and it may just answer why blazing spear was changed.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf was justified, blazing spear was an overloaded skill. If you want reliable templar cc, use focused charge or the javelin.

Its funny because he called jav and charge "reliable"....
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    The nerf was justified, blazing spear was an overloaded skill. If you want reliable templar cc, use focused charge or the javelin.

Its funny because he called jav and charge "reliable"....

image.png?w=500&c=1
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    It's not the Blazing Spear nerf that hooped Magicka Templars, it's the Radiant Destruction nerf.

Haha! That's funny! You do realize it's still unquestionably the best execute in the game, right?

Dunno 'bout that. I'd put my money on an empowered poison injection. Hits high, and it's not a channel.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way it's Day #24 @Wrobel

When will luminous shards be fixed?

eookY8sl.jpg
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's that big a deal then take away the buffs
    given to the templar and have your CC back

Honestly I find templars harder to fight now than last patch but whatever dude. Keep necroing and maybe you'll at least give them some laughs
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's that big a deal then take away the buffs
    given to the templar and have your CC back

Honestly I find templars harder to fight now than last patch but whatever dude. Keep necroing and maybe you'll at least give them some laughs

It's a big deal that ZOS went ahead and removed our only reliable cc (blazing spear) without fixing the intended replacement (luminous shards).
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like zos to luminous shards to "spear barrage" where you launch a spear into he air it breaks apart in three pieces landing and hold adds down for a few seconds while still giving back magicka and stamina as its synergy...
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    still waiting for a fix.
  • JamieJammer
    JamieJammer
    ✭✭
    I hate what they did to templars spears. Can they take crystal frag cc/knock back from the sorc which is part of their main dps but yet I have to slot another stupid ability that's is useless to do so? Or how about no cooldiwn on claws from dks? Etc etc why oh why did you do this to us templars?
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day #44 @Wrobel

When will luminous shards be fixed? Hell, if it's that hard to code, revert the change to blazing spear. Something needs to be done, and it would be nice to hear about the team's progress this Friday on ESO live.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

First of all, the blazing spear nerf was unnecessary. It was called a buff. Its far from that. The nerf was made even worse when we found out luminous wasnt fixed.

When can we expect luminous shards to be fixed? It's nearly impossible to solo play in pvp as a magplar. Until you make luminous shards a hard cc (not a disorient), solo magplars will essentially be forced to play as a blazing shield build or BoL spammer. I'm trying to make solo play work, but my templar "house" has turned into a cardboard box without my only reliable cc.

The templar community isn't happy with our current situation, and we would very much like an update on when this problem will be fixed.

Magicka Templars haven't been stable in solo play since the removal of blinding almighty flashes
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    @Wrobel

First of all, the blazing spear nerf was unnecessary. It was called a buff. Its far from that. The nerf was made even worse when we found out luminous wasnt fixed.

When can we expect luminous shards to be fixed? It's nearly impossible to solo play in pvp as a magplar. Until you make luminous shards a hard cc (not a disorient), solo magplars will essentially be forced to play as a blazing shield build or BoL spammer. I'm trying to make solo play work, but my templar "house" has turned into a cardboard box without my only reliable cc.

The templar community isn't happy with our current situation, and we would very much like an update on when this problem will be fixed.

Magicka Templars haven't been stable in solo play since the removal of blinding almighty flashes

Blazing spear made solo magplar possible, but the for the vast majority of magplars, you are correct. A small minority still had success in solo play with blazing spear.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    @Wrobel

Blazing spear made solo magplar possible, but the for the vast majority of magplars, you are correct. A small minority still had success in solo play with blazing spear.

Around 1.7 I had a very successful build the only one I have had since 1.5 that was able to 1vx, and 1v1 very well thanks to blazing spear. But constant nerfs continue to make magplar forced into healing.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars don't need every tool in the game like a blazing shard stun. It was a PvP nerf and a PvE buff deal with it.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day #44 @Wrobel

When will luminous shards be fixed? Hell, if it's that hard to code, revert the change to blazing spear. Something needs to be done, and it would be nice to hear about the team's progress this Friday on ESO live.
    That's crazy @Wrobel 44 days and you still haven't fixed this 1 skill.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    Templars don't need every tool in the game like a blazing shard stun. It was a PvP nerf and a PvE buff deal with it.

In PVP a Templar has no chance to stand a lone in the open against another. The stamina depletion is high because we're forced to hold block and maybe get one dodge roll or break free. We go through pots like no tomorrow, and we only had one reliable stun which barely landed which was Blazing Spear, now we must rely on toppling charge which is also unreliable and has been since launch.I noticed you don't have a Templar, which is why you probably don't understand.

Blazing Spear is legitimately the only reason they were reliable as self, and now theory crafting will begin again and it won't be any simpler.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the difference with the morphs now? One gives magic off synergy the other gives one tick more of dps? I agree, bring it back or fix toppling charge if it hasn't been already.
    The Flyers
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    What's the difference with the morphs now? One gives magic off synergy the other gives one tick more of dps? I agree, bring it back or fix toppling charge if it hasn't been already.

Toppling charge has been "fixed" but will still occasionally bug out.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »

This is an ignorant post. See the following for "tools" that templars lack.

1. Magplars lack burst in solo play/duels. Sure PoL will burst a bad player in solo play or in am Xv1 situation, but good players don't die to PoL in a duel. Dark flare has a cast time + travel time and anyone worth a damn will block, dodge roll, or interrupt the templar casting it.
    2. Magplars lack mobility. Templars are forced to play as vampires if we desire any mobility. Elusive mist is our only option.
    3. Magplars lack a burst ultimate. We're forced to run destroy ulti, bats, dawnbreaker, or meteor for burst. Soul assault is fine in an Xv1 situation, but in a 1vX situation it's instant death. You could argue that we had a burst ulti in crescent sweep but no one used it. My reply would be that it rarely hit because it was dodgeable prior to the homestead patch.
    4. Magplars lack an in class source of major sorcery. Every other class has access within their 3 class skill lines.
    5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT Magplars lack a reliable cc. Toppling charge doesn't work half the time and is dodgeable. Javelin is dodgeable and costs almost 1000 magicka more than blazing spear. The vampire stuns is another terrible channel. Volcanic rune has a very small radius and yet another cast time. Luminous shards is a disorient that breaks on damage (entropy, reflective light, it'sown burning light proc) giving enemies free cc immunity. Blazing spear was the only cc that fit @Wrobel 's vision of the templar house.

Please refrain from spreading ignorance. Class dismissed.
  • wisej12
    wisej12
    ✭✭✭
    One word my, little magplar brother: adapt.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wisej12 wrote: »
    One word my, little magplar brother: adapt.

I have adapted as much as I possibly can (short of playing a stamplar or another class), but I've been forced into using either javelin or toppling charge which are both unreliable cc's. DBoS is our most reliable cc now and it's a stamina ultimate. It's poor class design by ZOS.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on April 10, 2017 9:23PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny I'm sure many of the same people who complain about Blazing Spear are the same people who use Volley with a Bow. So BS cannot CC anymore, big deal, it's still useful just as Volley is useful with Bow. Stop using it for CC and use it as an AoE instead.

I've never slotted volley in my 1000s of hours on ESO. Sure BS will work alright in PVE. It's basically liquid lightning, but it's absolutely worthless in PVP now. If @Wrobel would fix luminous shards, none of this would be an issue.

Both are useful when enemies stack a choke point, door, wall breeches and flag flipping but when do any of that in PvP.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes Templar lost a slow and hard to target CC and I agree the nerf was uncalled for but saying it's impossible for a Magicka Templar to solo PvP is complete and utter rubbish. In fact, I'm finding my Magplar's damage to be the highest it's ever been. The change to Purifying Light is actually quite over powered and makes 1vX a hell of a lot easier. I just hope they don't nerf that.

So they took away 1 of the 3 CC's available but massively buffed Javelin's speed. Blazing Spear wasn't a fantastic CC anyway, it didn't drop block or CC multiple players and it was hard AF to actually hit someone with.

I'd bet money they ain't gonna change it back. I wouldn't keep pestering or get your hopes up.
    PC EU