Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Maw of Lorkhaj - Broken on Xbox One AGAIN!!!!!

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    Xylphan wrote: »
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, anything you buy from a retailer must be: of merchantable quality. fit for its normal purpose, and reasonably durable. ... When you buy goods from a retailer, you make a contract with him.

Just going to leave this here. Have a nice day everyone :D

Which has no applicability in this case.

You do not OWN anything. You don't own the game. You don't own anything in the game. You don't own your characters. If you bought a hard copy, you own the box and the media but that's it.

What you have paid for is a LICENSE. It has more in common with a theme park ticket. You can ride the rides, but you don't OWN the rides. You have to obey the rules if you want to keep riding the rides. And of course, there's zero guarantee that everything will work.

This is where reading the ToS and license agreement come in handy. Unless there is a specific clause in there that gives guaranteed uptimes, turnaround times on bugs, etc. or somehow grants you ownership then you don't have any legal to stand on.

Games aren't 5 9's (otherwise they'd cost thousands of dollars) and expecting them to have similar clauses is pretty silly. If you don't like the terms of the license, then don't spend the cash. But there isn't a single MMO out there that doesn't have the same boilerplate agreement in place.

So if you buy a track or video from Google Play, and it doesn't work you aren't entitled to a refund.

Seriously please sit down, you know nothing. ZOS staff detected.

Fit for purpose is fit for purpose, Not fit then refund required. MS already refunded me all my sub money since Homestead launch due to this.

Is this really true? I heard somewhere that if you get a refund for your subscription Zenimax will ban your account because essentially you got the service of the subscription and got your money back afterwards?

Microsoft rules all in our world. Zos would be pretty stupid to go over them for when they are the root cause of me seeking a refund. And I didn't get all the service of the sub.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • FormulaGlobe
    FormulaGlobe
    ✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger so you just email Microsoft explaining how broken the game has been since homestead and they just refunded you the $15 per month since homestead?

...asking for a friend
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger so you just email Microsoft explaining how broken the game has been since homestead and they just refunded you the $15 per month since homestead?

...asking for a friend
    I'm asking for me forgot my friends @DRXHarbinger pm what you said to MS.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This tread is active so long now, that you can truly rename it to "STILL" instead of the "again" :smiley:
    Options
  • FormulaGlobe
    FormulaGlobe
    ✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

...asking for a friend
    I'm asking for me forgot my friends @DRXHarbinger pm what you said to MS.

lol me too plz
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No need to pm. It should be public knowledge.

I wrote to them and asked for a full refund of all monies paid for eso plus since February. Reason being part of this paid for content says "insert maw of Lorkhaj trial text" and then insert this thread link...followed by zos patch notes saying they had to implement extra logging of data as they couldn't fix it. Ergo this package that I am paying for isn't fit for purpose at all, and I want it cancelled and full refund of money paid since this is dated 22/02 when the issue came to light.

Good hunting.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raiding died in my guild when b.o.p. started. I'm sure they still run just no were near as much as they used to, good times they were :/
    Options
  • ThyMorningGlory
    ThyMorningGlory
    ✭✭✭
    Another mass guild Eso plus cancellation Zos. Good job maintaining your customers.
    Butterflyy Wing
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to pm. It should be public knowledge.

I wrote to them and asked for a full refund of all monies paid for eso plus since February. Reason being part of this paid for content says "insert maw of Lorkhaj trial text" and then insert this thread link...followed by zos patch notes saying they had to implement extra logging of data as they couldn't fix it. Ergo this package that I am paying for isn't fit for purpose at all, and I want it cancelled and full refund of money paid since this is dated 22/02 when the issue came to light.

Good hunting.
    @DRXHarbinger hey thank you for this.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if there's been any improvements made?
    Options
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's been any improvements made?

They said in one of their most recent Twitch live events that they are going to implement some things they "think will help". But they have no idea. They also said they have been digging through all of the data collected since they instilled that patch some weeks ago, but they still seem to be clueless. I am sure it is a high priority, because it isn't just Maw, it's all trials in some form or another, and they can't risk have Halls of Fabrication broken on day one....that said..I have zero faith they have figured this out. I agree with asking for refund. I don't expect perfection, but I expect what I buy to work MOST of the time. I believe at this point, Maw has been broken on console more than it has worked since it launched.

Does Zenimax have this reputation in other games, because Bethesda chose very poorly with ZOS.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, Trying to finish that Trail on vet without DCing is just impossible...it cant be done.

Sigh...time to cancel my sub as well, no point in paying and trying to get that skin poly when it doesn't even work, STILL.

This is border line crazy it has not been addressed.
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please give us a update on this.

Also who voted June 6 for VMOl to be fixed in the Pool?
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    "Bump"

If anyone gets a chance to try vMoL today, since the patch included "minor fixes," please update this thread.

I'm hearing rumors that people were able to run it with no DCs but I don't believe it.

That seems unlikely because they stated before that this patch was to help them find a fix, not fix the problem.

The patch notes say
    Hope499 wrote: »
    Damn, Trying to finish that Trail on vet without DCing is just impossible...it cant be done.

Sigh...time to cancel my sub as well, no point in paying and trying to get that skin poly when it doesn't even work, STILL.

It can be done, just requires a skilled and experienced group and a lot of patience.

That said, I don't think it's hyperbolic to call it "unacceptable" at this point. My guild had 1 goal and 1 goal only: to complete vMoL before the new Trial was released. That is literally our raison d'être. That's why the guild was created. We got the Twins down under 10% on our last night of progression before Homestead dropped. We would've kept at it that night if we had known we'd never get to play it again. The guild fell apart shortly thereafter, because some people just didn't have the will to keep running HRC (when it works), AA, and SO over and over again. And after losing some core members, we regressed, and then lost more people who didn't want to have to do progression on content we'd already been speed running.

We're just now getting back on track. Hopefully will have vAA HM knocked out tonight. The funny thing is, the only reason we're back on track is because we've more-or-less cannibalized a handful of other guilds that suffered through the same *** we did. Every week we get new members whose Trials guilds have disbanded or stopped running.

This bug killed the XB1 raid community. Hopefully HoF brings it back but given the absolute hate-fest going on everywhere about sustain changes, I'm not especially hopeful.
    Options
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy; I was ok with it, assuming it would be fixed but this is actually INSANE.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please give us a update on this.

Also who voted June 6 for VMOl to be fixed in the Pool?

i think it was me
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few friends of mine were in there the other night for around 8 hours & still didn't get it done, first boss took 3 hours with all the dcs, they had to sub in two more people because when 2 people got dc'd their game wouldn't load back up for some reason. So it went from being not being able to play one part of the game to not being able to play the game at all.
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't wait until the next DLC or 3 months to fix this issue again....

Oh wait, it won't even be fixed by then.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For people in the UK. I have referred this on to the office of fair trading (OFT) last night. They will send zos something to their office in London of which they are legally required to respond to on why they are ignoring us, still selling the product. I based this on a fraud allegation, on the road of, they are still selling Thieves guild with an "an all new trial" and a membership that includes this product which is of course not functional beyond described means. Eg obtaining money by deception.

@ZOS_MattFiror time for a response.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For people outside the UK please don't comment on the above. Your laws are different and zos ToS that everyone refers to are not part of this and not relevant by any means. I feel it is time for a precedent to be set for the gaming industry on matters like this.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj is old content. We already paid for it.

Fixing old content they broke in later patches = not as profitable as ignoring us and adding new stuff to the Crown Store while focusing on Halls of Fabrication.

They do hear us ofc. ZOS just doesn't care enough to even remotely prioritize fixing issues created post-DLC launch.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people in the UK. I have referred this on to the office of fair trading (OFT) last night. They will send zos something to their office in London of which they are legally required to respond to on why they are ignoring us, still selling the product. I based this on a fraud allegation, on the road of, they are still selling Thieves guild with an "an all new trial" and a membership that includes this product which is of course not functional beyond described means. Eg obtaining money by deception.

Looool
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good on you dude, hope it brings us some joy
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good on you dude, hope it brings us some joy

It wont bring us a fix. But if zos is found to be negligent in terms of their advertising and effective methods in resolving our complaints (100% certainty here) they will ultimately be lumped with a fine based on the entire affected player base and cost involved to all. So in essence all of eso plus subscribers in the UK since February and anyone that has bought TG within a 6 month (fit for purpose rule) prior to the defect occurring.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i wanna do right now is whip those twins into oblivion..... cant even think about cant even think about Rakkhat yet ;)
    Options
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of games thees days are broken or have broken content with no care for its customers, the gaming industry seems to be there for one purpose now- to be structured as a profitable business and not to really offer much entertainment to the masses( by way of meaning,base game broken and cant complete it without frustration not by the players fault but by bugs,glitches ect - makes it less entertaining)..
    Options
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Maw of Lorkhaj is old content. We already paid for it.

Fixing old content they broke in later patches = not as profitable as ignoring us and adding new stuff to the Crown Store while focusing on Halls of Fabrication.

They do hear us ofc. ZOS just doesn't care enough to even remotely prioritize fixing issues created post-DLC launch.

Isn't Hall of Fabrication broken on console? I've heard people talking about a dev saying it was.
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vezuls wrote: »
    "Bump"

If anyone gets a chance to try vMoL today, since the patch included "minor fixes," please update this thread.

I'm hearing rumors that people were able to run it with no DCs but I don't believe it.

That seems unlikely because they stated before that this patch was to help them find a fix, not fix the problem.

The patch notes say
    Hope499 wrote: »

It can be done, just requires a skilled and experienced group and a lot of patience.

That said, I don't think it's hyperbolic to call it "unacceptable" at this point. My guild had 1 goal and 1 goal only: to complete vMoL before the new Trial was released. That is literally our raison d'être. That's why the guild was created. We got the Twins down under 10% on our last night of progression before Homestead dropped. We would've kept at it that night if we had known we'd never get to play it again. The guild fell apart shortly thereafter, because some people just didn't have the will to keep running HRC (when it works), AA, and SO over and over again. And after losing some core members, we regressed, and then lost more people who didn't want to have to do progression on content we'd already been speed running.

We're just now getting back on track. Hopefully will have vAA HM knocked out tonight. The funny thing is, the only reason we're back on track is because we've more-or-less cannibalized a handful of other guilds that suffered through the same *** we did. Every week we get new members whose Trials guilds have disbanded or stopped running.

This bug killed the XB1 raid community. Hopefully HoF brings it back but given the absolute hate-fest going on everywhere about sustain changes, I'm not especially hopeful.

Damn, must be nice to have people to run it with, my buddy and I are looking after the people we ran with disbanded....
    Options