The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s great Zos never published their conclusions.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, how are those test going?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feanor conclusion, we can't fix it
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I laud your committment to getting answers from ZOS, I suspect the answer is that they dont like NECRO'd posts from October 2017
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler Here is an update about how ur performance fix worked:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgbaotKCFmQ
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I laud your committment to getting answers from ZOS, I suspect the answer is that they dont like NECRO'd posts from October 2017

Well the issue is still here for some people possibly bigger then in october 2017. Not much have changed since then when it comes to poor server performance and if something have changed then for worse.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 29, 2018 5:36PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man i read this and thought it was "recent" and the devs were saying something about the LAG... but nope silent treatment as normal.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

From last year LOL
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conclusion: CP is not the issue.
    ZOS: Well, we’re out of ideas.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2q14pe.jpg
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I think it was more like :
    Conclussion : Lack of CP lowers the lag
    ZoS : That's unfair we need to increase lag in non CP campaigns

Edited by Juhasow on December 30, 2018 7:24PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why anyone expected Zos to publish the findings. It seems pretty obvious lag was horrible during the test. That spoke extremely loud. I think some are grabbing at straws here.

Some do see it clearly.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was one of focuses in 2017 ..... Ok so have our answer now as in no answer....We were never told of the results we were never told anything after this .... We were just left hanging the rest of 2017 ....

2018....... People have left PVP in larger numbers IMO In early 2018 Shore could post 3 bars straight across during primetime and 2 bars almost every night .... Now its down to 2 bars on the weekends during primetime and 1 bar most of the week...

Whats in store in 2019 well... declining population .... frustration and people moving to new games in the near future... I personally will stay away from games with some of the people that have been associated with this one.... I love this games concepts and everythying about it except (PERFORMANCE)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    That was one of focuses in 2017 ..... Ok so have our answer now as in no answer....We were never told of the results we were never told anything after this .... We were just left hanging the rest of 2017 ....

2018....... People have left PVP in larger numbers IMO In early 2018 Shore could post 3 bars straight across during primetime and 2 bars almost every night .... Now its down to 2 bars on the weekends during primetime and 1 bar most of the week...

Whats in store in 2019 well... declining population .... frustration and people moving to new games in the near future... I personally will stay away from games with some of the people that have been associated with this one.... I love this games concepts and everythying about it except (PERFORMANCE)

Camelot Unchained is the biggest threat to ESO and ZoS failed to see it. 4 years ago there were people talking about it and we all knew what was going to happen when it was officially launched.

ZoS had 4 years to fix the lag, instead they took the easy route of selling chapter after chapter. CU is now just around the corner... and there's no way ESO will dare to compete against that monster.
    Edited by Xvorg on December 31, 2018 7:41PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Xvorg wrote: »

Camelot Unchained is the biggest threat to ESO and ZoS failed to see it. 4 years ago there were people talking about it and we all knew what was going to happen when it was officially launched.

ZoS had 4 years to fix the lag, instead they took the easy route of selling chapter after chapter. CU is now just around the corner... and there's no way ESO will dare to compete against that monster.

If CU ever comes out :'(

mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

Even if it tooks them 2 or 3 years more, I don't see how ZoS will ever fix the lag problems, instead they are gonna sell us a full patch with Pyandonea and Akavir.

I'll dare to bet that ESO VI comes before ZoS fix the lag
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS had the exact same hype about ESO that CU has had. DO you really think CU will be able to hold up tp their promise? ESO didn't, why should CU?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is a complete meme now. No results posted, no communication, no care or incentive to fix it. ESO has about a year and a half left TOPS before it dies
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive been in all top guilds on EU, and all of them left, there is literally no one left quite funny

zos deserves the same as FO4 got, deceptive practices lawsuits for selling people nonsense
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Not sure why anyone expected Zos to publish the findings. It seems pretty obvious lag was horrible during the test. That spoke extremely loud. I think some are grabbing at straws here.

Some do see it clearly.

The entire campaign was stacked at two outposts, it is pretty obvious that it was going to lag CP or no CP. Nothing else was obvious however. So no, it didnt speak extremely loud. It didnt speak at all.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    This thread is a complete meme now. No results posted, no communication, no care or incentive to fix it. ESO has about a year and a half left TOPS before it dies

What is funny is for almost 5 years there have been people who have claimed the death of ESO was eminent and so far each have been utterly wrong because they do not have a clue what they are talking about. This here is no exception.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Some do see it clearly.

The entire campaign was stacked at two outposts, it is pretty obvious that it was going to lag CP or no CP. Nothing else was obvious however. So no, it didnt speak extremely loud. It didnt speak at all.

Not the case in the campaign I play in. Certainly highly doubtful it was the case on each of the servers. Statistically improbable
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What is funny is for almost 5 years there have been people who have claimed the death of ESO was eminent and so far each have been utterly wrong because they do not have a clue what they are talking about. This here is no exception.

ESO is already dead and has been since they dropped the sub and announced B2P. There was 10 times as many players on PC-NA prior to the lighting patch that ruined server performance thus killing the game. It was estimated ZOS had 850,000 paying subs prior to the lighting patch debacle that drove most of those subs out of the game.

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on January 1, 2019 7:45PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

Even if it tooks them 2 or 3 years more, I don't see how ZoS will ever fix the lag problems, instead they are gonna sell us a full patch with Pyandonea and Akavir.

I'll dare to bet that ESO VI comes before ZoS fix the lag

If ZOS actually fixed the lag I would have a hard time playing any other game. But I don't think they ever will.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

ZOS had the exact same hype about ESO that CU has had. DO you really think CU will be able to hold up tp their promise? ESO didn't, why should CU?

Because CU whole base model is designed around PvP. It has to work or the game dies quickly. Eso bass model is pve. Pve keeps it alive not cyrodil. Also CU is designing the pvp game engine from scratch to handle the load. Not using some modified crap turd Hero engine.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For those who make blind claims that the game is doing better than ever just say that for self reassurance.
    Look at the end game pve community and the cyrodiil population over time. I’ve played for quite sometime and I’ve noticed both slowly decreasing over time. Cyrodiil used to have multiple campaigns with a lot of people in them, now there’s only one during the day which is vivec, and shor is only populated during prime time which reaches 2 bars max where previously it would consistently have 3 bars while campaigns like kyne and sotha would have bars, but those 2 now are nearly permanently dead. Same with the raiding community, used to be a good number of end game raiding guilds but with each terrible patch that number has decreased. An example is morrowind, where the population took a big hit, then with summerset, and now this derpmire update.
    Anyone within these groups sees the decline of the games population and knows it is slowly dying. Another prime example is the populated areas. Many places used to be completely packed 24-7 a good example is dueling hot spots. This included mournhold, wayrest, eldenroot, riften, and vulkhel guard. Now however manny of these locations have died and the only ones that remain are riften partially, wayrest, and vulkhel guard. The only ones who do not see this are those who are either too delusional to see the truth, or are just casuals who log in and do questing and play around in public dungeons. Also if you want to justify how the game is thriving in the “casual” sector just remind yourself every MMORPG needs and end game. With zos consistently screwing up and neglecting the issues that affect the end game in a negative manner the end game community begins to leave. Eventually if zos continues down this path there will be no end game just casuals which will lead to a dead game due to many getting bored and leaving since they begin to see the issues themselves. So no, my comment isn’t an exception is a debatable fact. If zos refuses to acknowledge the constant trash performance of this game it will die
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Because CU whole base model is designed around PvP. It has to work or the game dies quickly. Eso bass model is pve. Pve keeps it alive not cyrodil. Also CU is designing the pvp game engine from scratch to handle the load. Not using some modified crap turd Hero engine.

ESO was modeled after a large 3 alliance PvP battle. Just like CU is being advertised as.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

ESO was modeled after a large 3 alliance PvP battle. Just like CU is being advertised as.

Yes it was but it was modeled as both pve and pvp with s clear split between the two. At some point probably after the IC debacle zos abandon pvp in favor of cranking out pve content and crown store. They realized that pve drives their game. CU on the other hand is all pvp. Pvp is the core base game. Not pve. No split no pve pure pvp. If it doesn’t work their whole business model fails. If pvp doesn’t work for Eso (which I’d argue it hasn’t) they just fall back on pve as their cash cow.
    Edited by LegacyDM on January 1, 2019 10:56PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Some do see it clearly.

Not the case in the campaign I play in. Certainly highly doubtful it was the case on each of the servers. Statistically improbable

It was the first double AP event and during that time the outpost flipping "exploit" was still a thing and devs themselves admitted to it so im not exactly sure about what you are talking about. There are also multiple people in this thread saying that their performance was much better. The only thing that is statistically improbable is for your experience and opinion to be the same with everyone else's. Aka its not that obvious.

The test was a great idea that should have been expanded upon to help with performance. But instead it was just a one-off poorly implement idea cause they never actually cared enough to do it right. Which is prety much the whole story with anything related to PVP. They just dont care.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 1, 2019 11:48PM