Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• SchizoidMetal
    SchizoidMetal
    ✭✭✭
    I read through this a little and imma toss my two cents out there. Okay so when this game launched in 2014 I pre-ordered the CE to get horse(blablabla) it was I think 70$, it came with what with what 12-15 zones, tons of 4man dungeons and a MASSIVE PVP zone. Now we get to upgrade for 40$ non CE and what did we get 1 zone, messed up, unorginized, basically broken and unstructured BG's and a 12 man trial.. No new 4man. So in comparison based on money. I think we got the shaft!!
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    The problem, as I see it, is SEMANTIC.

Morrowind IS a DLC, inasmuch as it is DOWNLOADED CONTENT. That's the very definition of the DLC designation.

However, it's a different KIND of downloaded content from the other DLCs. The problem is that many people are not making the distinction between the two kinds of DLC (in part because ZOS failed to make that distinction in the first place).

If the marketing department had described the previous DLCs as "UPDATES" instead of straight up DLC, and Morrowind as an "EXPANSION," we wouldn't be having this argument. It's simply that the term "DLC" is too inclusive.

No it's not. When there are physical copies it is not a DLC, it is an expansion.

Yes, but many people DO download it. I did. That means it's DownLoadable Content.

And don't misunderstand, I'm in agreement with you. Morrowind is an Expansion, and they're entirely within their rights to charge for it. Prior DLCs were UPDATES. Personally, I'm surprised they didn't charge for those too, and gave ESO+ them for free, but they're clearly a different kind of DLC.

Why would you be surprised that the DLC were included in ESO+? That was pretty much the only point of ESO+ before DB and crafting bags.
    Options
  • abzdeman
    abzdeman
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly!! This is why I got eso+ I feel really let down that I have to buy morrrowind. They shouldn't have included the "You will have access to all DLC"

I thought I was saving some money and i'm obviously still investing in the game with eso + Membership, I don't get their logic.

Nonetheless I will still buy it if this situation isn't addressed.

Happy Gaming
    Options
  • Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.
    Inventory clutter is getting unbearable (and on top of the other problems it's making the game not fun anymore).
    I'll probably soon stop playing.
    Options
  • Talon_Draconis
    Talon_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    abzdeman wrote: »
    Exactly!! This is why I got eso+ I feel really let down that I have to buy morrrowind. They shouldn't have included the "You will have access to all DLC"

I thought I was saving some money and i'm obviously still investing in the game with eso + Membership, I don't get their logic.

Nonetheless I will still buy it if this situation isn't addressed.

Happy Gaming

I agree I will prob drop my sub because except for the bag it is useless
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeek.... thankfully there's BDO. This is reallllly greedy. If it were the size or even half the size of a full game.. sure. But no, IT'S NOT. Get your act together ZOS.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeek.... thankfully there's BDO. This is reallllly greedy. If it were the size or even half the size of a full game.. sure. But no, IT'S NOT. Get your act together ZOS.

The thing is that I think they already have their act together. Bethesda Softworks is not above make mistakes, and they can be tenacious about an idea like a pit bull with a chew toy, but when they step out of line, they know it and address it. I will give them that. If marketing Morrowind as a Chapter, instead of a Crown Store DLC, was a mistake, we will see a change before the next Chapter comes out. It might be a tweak or it might be a whole new idea. If it was a mistake.

I don't think it was a mistake. I think that, when the dust settles, it will be a success. We will see a new Chapter in 2Q2018 that will be very similar to what we got in Morrowind.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    This is all I have to say on the matter.... Their distributer Steam even classifies it as DLC, they're not kidding anyone. It's DLC.

They changed their wording on the ESO+ page to suit them making more money thus screwing over the people who've been supporting them with ESO+. Not even a discount for ESO+ members. I would have been happy with the change if they decided to change ESO+ for this DLC but allow you to purchase it on your account at a discount once you've had ESO+ membership for 1+ month.

9EM0RVN.png
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
    Options
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC, chapters, why is anyone arguing over what it should be called. Labels are just subjective perceptions, that's not what everyone should be outraged about. What you should be outraged about, regardless of what it's called, is the price to content, plain and simple. Look at what the base game came with for the price you payed. In fact, throw a metaphorical dart at any game that has that price tag. Now compare that to the pricing of Morrowind. Do you truly think the content in Morrowind justifies its value?
    Options
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    After reading through many of the people's responses here. I have to add my thoughts. I was in the original Betas from the start of ESO, and have been a paid Sub since the beginning of this game. Granted I could have gone with the free to play option but I wanted to support the game and the Devs by going with an almost annual subscription. I have to admit over the past years I played less, but have continued to play and when I received the DLC's I would come on and play through them to see how they were.

With that said I was in the Morrowind Beta and I have to admit the graphics were nice but the over all content was pretty much the same as the game had been. I felt that the game had topped out with it's formula and the changes from time to time were not really capturing the feel of the ES Lore.

I have been playing the ES games for years from Oblivion to Morrowind to Skyrim and I love the stories and the lore. When I reached the end game of ESO I felt good I felt like I had been a part of a story that had captured my attention, the maps kept growing and I was exploring Tamriel, I loved it. Since that time the game just didn't go any where, Thieves Guild meh, Orsinium had merit and the map was beautiful but yet I started to see the grind that took LOTRO down the boring path (3 years and 1550 hours before I stopped playing that game and I loved it).

I guess what I'm saying is like most companies the main thing is money, yet one should never ignore or deny your die hard fan base the people that have stuck it out, and I know from the business I've been in it's not hard to know who they are. You can't forget them, I won't end my subscription but somehow I feel that it wouldn't have hurt to give your die hards a special deal, a chance to feel a part of what it has been we have been helping to keep a float.

I love Bethesda and I have every game they have made. I'll keep on supporting them because they are a good company and make good games. As for Morrowind, I'll hang for a while and probably get it, simply because I love the game.
    Options
  • Raezputin
    Raezputin
    ✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    No one understands how Xpacs work do they?

It's an MMO. WoW charges $60 or w/e for every big Xpac. What is the issue here?

Just because people don't understand how MMO's work doesn't make it "evil".

Edit: I'm reading through posts and people are freaking out.

You realize that other MMO's (WoW, FFXIV for example) charge $15 a month just to play (mandatory) and THEN charge you for the xpac. ESO plus really gives you a lot of nice extra things for paying, that the Devs really do not have to do. There is a difference here between DLC and a major Xpac.

I think you are the one who doesnt understand, Wow gives you mostly polished content with minimum bugs, only problem is high number of players at the start. After that you are getting more raid tiers and more, something you could translate as a DLC. You have to pay subscription, but you have the option to buy it with Ingame gold.

ESO releases buggy mess that needs another Month to start working. You still have to Sub if you want to play the game to full potential ehm craft bag ehm.

So for comparable price, (ignoring the gametime tokens for gold) you get a polished vs mostly broken game. ZOS is just too greedy and wants too much money for their product.
    Edited by Raezputin on June 30, 2017 8:03AM
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuz wrote: »
    I canceled my sub.
    Inventory clutter is getting unbearable (and on top of the other problems it's making the game not fun anymore).
    I'll probably soon stop playing.

Can I have all your gold and mats then?
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played since Morrowind dropped, the game is just not as enjoyable as it once was. ZOS seems to put less and less into quality and then ask for more money. The endless calls for fixes have never been answered. Proc sets have removed all the fun. I really think the game needs an overhaul because it seems like a big mess to me. All the minor and major changes to the game over the years have eradicated any sort of solid direction. I stopped supporting the game after Homestead because of how terrible a major feature was that had been requested for such a long time. Hopefully ZOS will one day get a grip of what they are doing and put some real effort into making quality over cash.
    Options
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole Morrowind thing doesn't bother me which I found a little surprising. Also I'm enjoying the game still as much as I could reasonably hope for so no angsty or upset feelings (for a change).

Seeing how so many other MMO games have done similar, reacted (or not) to players and eventually realigned themselves I'm betting that at some point down the line, maybe three years on from now there will be another realignment in how content is purchased.

Things like classes will be separated out and you can purchase separately.

PvP stuff like battlegrounds will get rolled into the base game because diluting PvP populations never has a good ending.

The oldest expansions might get rolled into the base game or put under the ESO+ banner to again ensure the game population in these zones can be maintained. Some form of rationalisation will happen even if it is cheap bundling of expansions.

Its how the money men think.
    EU PS4
    Options
  • theenglander
    theenglander
    ✭✭
    Xbox gamers can save on all morrowind editions in the ultimate sale located on xbox under store deals, the Morrowind digital expansion alone will set you back £22.49 if gold member (which you should be playing ESO) instead of £29.99.

Or Collectors Edition digital upgrade wil set you back £37.49 . instead of the £49.99

nice time to get it, also other editions are available with up to 33% off .

Options
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Xpack, not dlc. The end. Quality comparison impossible as even with money from eso+ and cosmetics, they don't even come near the resources the developers at bigger moms have.. As in, lucky if 5%
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
    Options
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    This is all I have to say on the matter.... Their distributer Steam even classifies it as DLC, they're not kidding anyone. It's DLC.

They changed their wording on the ESO+ page to suit them making more money thus screwing over the people who've been supporting them with ESO+. Not even a discount for ESO+ members. I would have been happy with the change if they decided to change ESO+ for this DLC but allow you to purchase it on your account at a discount once you've had ESO+ membership for 1+ month.

9EM0RVN.png

Steam only has 2 categories.. Standalone or dlc. Expansion isn't even an existing word on Steam. The fact that you even look at Steam to try and clarify something is terrible as nothing is less organized term-wise than steam
    Edited by Timeraider on June 30, 2017 11:28AM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this is ridiculous as well. Whatever they call it, its a blatant lie. ESO Plus is supposed to be everything, but TBH i saw this coming a mile away. But we still pay because we want to play. I just dont get how bethesda always made such exceptional content without over pricing. I mean with eso plus every month, costumes, mounts, crown crates*, other people downloading the dlcs, game sales and honestly anything on the entire crown store itself, i just dont see how its not enough. Now they haven't upheld their part of the bargain. Idk add it to the list.

To be honest i would be happy to give them money without complaining if i could play the content and have it work right. Thats it. I would be so happy id probably spend more money. But im sure that just goes for me, someone on xbox who cant play a single day without eventually logging off angry due to lag.
    Edited by eso_lags on June 30, 2017 11:29AM
    Options
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, I'll be honest I've paid for the DLC because I want to play the latest content, I just find it very untrustworthy of them to pull a stunt like this. Yes, they have the right to change their distribution policy when they like we all signed off on that when playing.

I'm not angry they changed how they distribute or name things I'm mad that I've been supporting with ESO+ which IS NOT NEEDED for a long time; lets be honest ESO+ was garbage for the longest of times until they dropped DLC, you go nothing for your $$. They made that better and publicly stated in a live video that all DLC will be given for free... Oh ***, we better not call it DLC then.. fixed.

I'm angry they didn't better publicis this, all ESO+ members should have got an email or a post on the front page of their account page or something, not some thread hidden away in a mess of forums, that just isn't enough. I know loads of people who DO NOT USE to the forums.

All I'm asking for is; next time you make a HUGE change to how you distribute your content which affects paying customers, just god damn tell them in a better manner than this. Clearly people are pissed.. how many times do people have to be pissed off and drag your name through the dirt until someone takes note.

The end of your game will be your own faults.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
    Options
  • theenglander
    theenglander
    ✭✭
    i sub and i bought the expansion i am happy with it all, great addition to the game.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been much better if Morrowind wasn't called an Expansion, because it's more DLC than an expansion. It feels more like an artificial pay wall ZOS put in place just to force people to spend more money. Spending money is fine by me, but not when it's overpriced and damn near (or is) false advertisement.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTF is this,
    just came back after a couple of months cause of the free eso+ trial,
    i got eso+ a lot before,how the hell can they decide that Morrowind isnt a DLC ??

Fokking bussines tricks here,so instead of getting me back in eso you just conviced me that Zeni isnt worth anymore penny from my pocket.

"Lets call this cat a dog cause we cant make money if its a dog...."
    Options
  • Koldfusion
    Koldfusion
    Soul Shriven
    Just bought the game on PC through Steam. After the large DL found that ESO does not include Morrowind.

Submitted for a refund.

BS sales tactics. But considering Donald Trump's brother is on the Board of Directors at Zenimax I am no longer surprised.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koldfusion wrote: »
    Just bought the game on PC through Steam. After the large DL found that ESO does not include Morrowind.

Submitted for a refund.

@Koldfusion ... You purchased the wrong ESO package from Steam.

You probably purchased "Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited" ($29). That does not come with Morrowind, but the Steam description is misleading because it refers to it as the "latest chapter".

You wanted to purchase "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind" ($59). This is two items: Tamriel Unlimited and Morrowind.

You can upgrade from what you purchased to Morrowind by purchasing the Morrowind Upgrade. However, I would not do this. It costs more to do it that way. Do the refund, then buy the bundle.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 8, 2017 12:13PM

Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so no more DLC for this game, just expansion packs. eso+ members just got bend over and ***.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    so no more DLC for this game, just expansion packs. eso+ members just got bend over and ***.

Next DLC that is covered by ESO Plus comes out in August. Goes on PTS next week, sometime. Another one later this year.

Options
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Regular subscription + a pretty expensive DLCs every few mounths. This game is more expensive then any other. But of course "nobody foce us to buy it" *sarcasm*
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100+k views on this topic now lol Wonder if ZOS finally get it for once...
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • missjackieb14_ESO
    missjackieb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »

There's at least 2 more DLC's coming out this year. I'm not sure about anything else, though.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

9EM0RVN.png

^^
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options