Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Morrowind...and ESO+

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think I may use ESO+ to get Morrowind. Sub for three months to get the crowns and relieve the pressure on my bags and then when Morrowind goes into the crown store buy it from there, hopefully with a bit of ESO+ time left to try it out first in case its a dud.

I am guessing that it will be a long time, if ever, until Morrowind is available for Crowns.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • duckrustlerb16_ESO
    I am patient, have plenty of other games and areas to explore until it gets there.

Edit: Morrowind in crown store is no different to Imperial Edition being in crown store as that follows the same model in that it is not available to ESO+ so chances are it will not be too long before it goes in.
    Edited by duckrustlerb16_ESO on April 11, 2017 8:51PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

Edit1: YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS EXPANSION WITH CROWNS!!!! ONLY CASH.

Edit2: Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.

yes, you are right technically. ZOS has invented "a new model" now, where they will every quarter release a DLC (like previous ones), for subscribers for free and once a year a bigger expansion (like Morrowind), a "chapter", that will not be included in ESO+.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am patient, have plenty of other games and areas to explore until it gets there.

Edit: Morrowind in crown store is no different to Imperial Edition being in crown store as that follows the same model in that it is not available to ESO+ so chances are it will not be too long before it goes in.

Yeah, I think this is a lot different than Imperial Edition. This would be like putting Tamriel Unlimited in the Crown Store, to be honest. They are positioning Chapters as an extension to the base version of the game, one that essentially replaces it for those people who buy it.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe wants to buy a collector's Ball that is priced at 8 bucks. Joe spends an hour arguing/haggling with the seller to bring the price down to 6 bucks. Joe is happy that he thinks he saved 2 bucks. Minimum wage is Joe's state is 8 bucks/hour. Joe is actually in the deficit by 6 bucks.

FFS we are talking about a price that is equivalent to a case of Mountain Dew, 2 bags of Dorritos, and 2 hours of a late night spank-per-view program.

39 pages over like 40 bucks FFS

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe gets fired from his minimum wage job because he was at a swap meet while he was supposed to be working...

Yeah, people are stressing out over the cost of Morrowind, and a lot of that has to do with the perception that it is just a big Wrothgar. I did not think of it as a big Wrothgar when I pre-ordered it. I viewed this as an extension and replacement for the base game. It feel that it is more than some DLC.

It might be just a big Wrothgar with a fancy new door into the game, or it might be something a lot more than that. It is under an NDA, and that is not a small thing. I have to think that the probability of any individual here in the forum getting invited to the closed beta is pretty small. The majority of us won't know the full extent of Morrowind until June 6.
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    FFS we are talking about a price that is equivalent to a case of Mountain Dew, 2 bags of Dorritos, and 2 hours of a late night spank-per-view program.

You thinking it is purely about money is part of the issue. Please stop being so ignorant about it, and perhaps also try to understand not everyone has money to throw about.

(I tried to not be condescending but I think I failed).
    Edited by Muramasa89 on April 11, 2017 11:48PM
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muramasa89 wrote: »

You thinking it is purely about money is part of the issue. Please stop being so ignorant about it, and perhaps also try to understand not everyone has money to throw about.

Yes. Yes it is about money. Money and entitlement.

It stems from a false equivalency: Expansion == DLC . They're not the same thing, and expecting a company to give something like that away for free is pretty childish. Monthly subscriptions keep the lights on and such, but expansions are a major expenditure of resources.

Its $40 bucks. Most people in this thread could have already bought the game if they had simply worked the hours that they spent reading and responding to this thread.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Go play something else. But there isn't a major subscription MMO out there that releases expansions for free.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think I may use ESO+ to get Morrowind. Sub for three months to get the crowns and relieve the pressure on my bags and then when Morrowind goes into the crown store buy it from there, hopefully with a bit of ESO+ time left to try it out first in case its a dud.

It wont be available on the crown store and ESO+ Will not give you access too it.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the prices for digital content are always high, 40€ for a "big DLC" sounds accurate to me. Its basically the cost of a Banker, a furnished large home, an elk or a bunch of crown crates.

Has anyone said that it is not a fair price? The price is not what people complained about. People keep taking it back to that straw man.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    It's an "Expansion Pack." NOT a DLC.

I pay $75 every six months for my sub. That's not being cheap.

Actually, compared to other "entertainment" costs, that's pretty cheap.

$75 /6mo = $12 a month. If you go see a movie at a theater, you're already above the "monthly" subscription fee. and that's only for ~2hrs of "entertainment".

Go to a bar, $12 will get you MAYBE 2 drinks...
    How do these arguments have any relevance to changing from ESO+ getting you access to quarterly additional content to ESO+ getting you access to just 3 of 4 quarters and we will also give you nothing a few quarters?

Imagine you bought a 3 month pass to a theater so that you could watch movies whenever you want and the second month they decided to not show any movies. Then the third month, they just showed Star Wars marathons and said that the marathons were covered because they were marathons, not merely movies.

The other thing about that theater -- you can't get in unless you pay. This game is not like that. ZOS chose to make it B2P, not the player base. If they aren't getting enough revenue that way, misleading subbers is not the way to fix that. And stop comparing to going out. Of course it costs more to go to businesses that pay rent and employees and give you real world stuff. So what? Personally, I don't go to movies because the price seems absurd to me, though I can easily afford it.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying, that the ESO+ players will still get everything - just not the collection edition addons like the bear, horse, gear, etc....

£40.00 for the expansion - after 2 years of ESO Plus Membership.

Edit1: YOU CAN NOT BUY THIS EXPANSION WITH CROWNS!!!! ONLY CASH.

Edit2: Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror
    You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective (Disclaimer - not a lawyer)

Edit3: @ZOS_GinaBruno Has stated there will be an update for ESO+ Subscribers tomorrow. We shall see.

That's it, I'm done. Have fun folks but I'm certainly not paying for this.

yes, you are right technically. ZOS has invented "a new model" now, where they will every quarter release a DLC (like previous ones), for subscribers for free and once a year a bigger expansion (like Morrowind), a "chapter", that will not be included in ESO+.

Uh, no. Not for "free". They are paying $45 a quarter to get access to that.

That is like saying "give me $20,000 and I'll throw in a free car"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Imagine you bought a 3 month pass to a theater so that you could watch movies whenever you want and the second month they decided to not show any movies. Then the third month, they just showed Star Wars marathons and said that the marathons were covered because they were marathons, not merely movies.

The other thing about that theater -- you can't get in unless you pay. This game is not like that. ZOS chose to make it B2P, not the player base. If they aren't getting enough revenue that way, misleading subbers is not the way to fix that. And stop comparing to going out. Of course it costs more to go to businesses that pay rent and employees and give you real world stuff. So what? Personally, I don't go to movies because the price seems absurd to me, though I can easily afford it.

The thing is that ESO is not a single screen movie theater, and ESO Plus is not a movie pass for watching that one movie.

ZOS never stopped showing movies covered by the pass. In fact, all of the movies they have ever shown are playing daily, and the "3 month pass" gets you into them, any time you want. Nothing has changed.

It is the fact that nothing has changed that seems to be getting people upset. Lack of growth is being called a decrease. This is what is wrong with looking at ESO as an investment.

If you do not consider ESO Plus to be an investment in the future of ESO, then Chapters, and the last two quarters of base game updates, removed nothing at all from ESO Plus. Nothing. All that has happened is that the value of ESO Plus has not increased as much as expected, which certainly makes it a poor investment. Today, with ESO Plus, you get the exact same DLC benefits that you got up to, and including, Shadows of the Hist, for the exact same price. No one has taken that away.

It is not exactly true that nothing has changed, though. They have added non-DLC benefits since Shadows of the Hist. And they added them without changing the cost of ESO Plus.

I am buying ESO Plus right now because it gives me the existing DLC, 10% boosts, Crowns, costume dyes, etc, today. I have no idea what the 3Q DLC will be, or if I even want it. I am certainly not buying ESO Plus today banking on the 3Q DLC being wonderful. If they never ship the 3Q DLC, I am getting exactly what I am paying for. Today.

• Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, here goes away my reason for subbing.
    Also, good thing I wasn't that interested in Morrowind anyway.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what the 3Q DLC will be, or if I even want it. I am certainly not buying ESO Plus today banking on the 3Q DLC being wonderful. If they never ship the 3Q DLC, I am getting exactly what I am paying for. Today.

Just to let you know, 3Q DLC is just going to be the missing group dungeons they took out from this "chapter" release of Vvardenfell (which were previously datamined). So in a similar fashion to Shadows of the Hist this might give you a new Undaunted set and perhaps title/skin etc.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what the 3Q DLC will be, or if I even want it. I am certainly not buying ESO Plus today banking on the 3Q DLC being wonderful. If they never ship the 3Q DLC, I am getting exactly what I am paying for. Today.

Just to let you know, 3Q DLC is just going to be the missing group dungeons they took out from this "chapter" release of Vvardenfell (which were previously datamined). So in a similar fashion to Shadows of the Hist this might give you a new Undaunted set and perhaps title/skin etc.

They are dungeons in Q3, but they're Nord dungeons somewhere in the Skyrim zones.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already confirmed that there would be no DLC gated behind Morrowind. So, I highly doubt there will be DLC dungeons in Morrowind.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already confirmed that there would be no DLC gated behind Morrowind. So, I highly doubt there will be DLC dungeons in Morrowind.

I wonder how long that will last.
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Is this another whiny thread about people who have no idea how MMO's work and seem to never play them?

Expansion =/= DLC

Expansion is a massive changing addon to the game that furthers an over all story and agenda to the main game through large a proportioned EXPANSIVE area.

Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Imperial City, and The Dark Brotherhood barely made a huge change to the game. They were small stories with little effect on much of anything.

Morrowind (aka Vvardenfell) is different.

If you buy Morrowind, any DLC related to Morrowind will continue to be free.

I have played 5 other MMO's, each of them have had "expansions", every single one (but one of the games) you had to pay for it.
    The one MMO that never made you pay for it when down the trash in its most recent updates by literally making the game pay-to-win. Literally, not even a joking.

Warden is NOT Pay-to-Win, You can check my forum history to see I had people who act like Doomsday Cults for every change of a game. For me to say that one MMO went down fast means something. ESO is far from that point.

There will always be benefits for ESO+, get over the fact you need to break open your wallet.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The thing is that ESO is not a single screen movie theater, and ESO Plus is not a movie pass for watching that one movie.

ZOS never stopped showing movies covered by the pass. In fact, all of the movies they have ever shown are playing daily, and the "3 month pass" gets you into them, any time you want. Nothing has changed.

It is the fact that nothing has changed that seems to be getting people upset. Lack of growth is being called a decrease. This is what is wrong with looking at ESO as an investment.

If you do not consider ESO Plus to be an investment in the future of ESO, then Chapters, and the last two quarters of base game updates, removed nothing at all from ESO Plus. Nothing. All that has happened is that the value of ESO Plus has not increased as much as expected, which certainly makes it a poor investment. Today, with ESO Plus, you get the exact same DLC benefits that you got up to, and including, Shadows of the Hist, for the exact same price. No one has taken that away.

It is not exactly true that nothing has changed, though. They have added non-DLC benefits since Shadows of the Hist. And they added them without changing the cost of ESO Plus.

I am buying ESO Plus right now because it gives me the existing DLC, 10% boosts, Crowns, costume dyes, etc, today. I have no idea what the 3Q DLC will be, or if I even want it. I am certainly not buying ESO Plus today banking on the 3Q DLC being wonderful. If they never ship the 3Q DLC, I am getting exactly what I am paying for. Today.

Your response doesn't seem to understand my movie theater example.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »
    Muramasa89 wrote: »

Yes. Yes it is about money. Money and entitlement.

It stems from a false equivalency: Expansion == DLC . They're not the same thing, and expecting a company to give something like that away for free is pretty childish. Monthly subscriptions keep the lights on and such, but expansions are a major expenditure of resources.

Its $40 bucks. Most people in this thread could have already bought the game if they had simply worked the hours that they spent reading and responding to this thread.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Go play something else. But there isn't a major subscription MMO out there that releases expansions for free.

No, its not about entitlement at all, and for those people I know who are unhappy, its not about money either. The main reasons have been said over and over again but there's been so many long threads you might have missed it.

Initially, when sub's became optional, we were told (don't have link to hand, but I have posted it before) that approximately every 3 months, as part of their subscription, subscribers would get an exclusive dlc. They stressed that if a non subscriber wanted it, they had the choice of either subscribing or buying the dlc from the crown store.

In other words they weren't including dlc like 1T in the three month content as that was available to everyone for free whether they subbed or not.

When Morrowind releases, it will be at least another 3 months before subscribers get any more dlc. And by that time a year would have past since subscribers got their last bit of exclusive dlc.

Most people I know, myself included, have no problems paying for a true expansion (presuming Morrowind is really an expansion and Zos aren't simply trying to cash in on the Morrowind name). And had they got exclusive dlc around every 3 months, then most would be happy to also buy the expansion.

But that didn't happen, and to a lot of people it feels like we didn't get the dlc we paid sub's for, for the simple reason that the staff were working on Morrowind instead. And that's why so many are unhappy, they feel that the portion of their sub that should have paid the staff to work on the 3 monthly content, went instead to pay for Morrowind, so they feel that by having to buy it, they are paying for it twice. Had the exclusive dlc still appeared every quarter, most would not be voicing their dissatisfaction.

Bearing in mind a similar thing happened in the days when everyone had to sub, promised content failed to materialize month after month, people gave them the benefit of the doubt, and it turned out that our sub's had been paying for the console versions.

And Zos always rewrite the rulebook after the event. They didn't tell us about 9 months ago that they are working on a paid expansion that won't be included in ESO + and also won't be purchasable via crowns , or that we will no longer be getting any exclusive dlc until it releases.

Had they done so, those of us who subscribed would have had the choice to stop, and those people buying crowns in the sales in order to keep for upcoming content, probably wouldn't have done so.

They probably didn't do it intentionally, but I can see why so many people are pissed.

Edited by Ojustaboo on April 24, 2017 12:26AM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a reason to it. There is a new class, and over 100 hours of content added. Now, the new class is the main key. They said "ESO+ won't get it because they can unsub(like you) and have the classs."
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See my previous post. Many people aren't interested in the crown store or exp boost ( I often asked for an XP disabler).

Many people took out their sub, their main reason being because they thought they were getting the dlc every 3 months, as that's what they were told they would get, no different from you expecting 10% boosts etc

Edited by Ojustaboo on April 24, 2017 12:20AM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Theres a reason to it. There is a new class, and over 100 hours of content added. Now, the new class is the main key. They said "ESO+ won't get it because they can unsub(like you) and have the classs."

The announcement I read said 30 hrs of content
    This June, the next Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online will begin. Return to the iconic island of Vvardenfell for over 30 hours of adventure in a brand new location, with a new class, a new PvP mode, a new Trial, and so much more.

If the new class is the reason why its not in ESO+ then why have they said that every year we will now have chapters not included in it?

Edited by Ojustaboo on April 24, 2017 12:38AM
  • Excabor
    Excabor
    ✭✭

Where did you get the 100 hrs of content info from?
  • Lord_Empyrean
    I was thinking the same thing i just started playing and enjoy the sub with all it's perks. I played in WOW for ages and let me tell you an expansion was not just one swath of land it was an entire map with several zoned areas. That is certainly worthy of an expansion. Even in Ultima Online it was not just one capital and several towns it was huge pieces of land like the size of two or three regular zones in the game today.

Since we know very little I am waiting to see what it is first. Still enjoying the content and haven't scratched the surface yet. Haven't even started trials or capped my CP.

Is one class (not interested) one city, one raid and new PVP worth $40...it actually isn't. Not for people subscribing. Just starting on the DLC's and from what is mentioned thus far in there marketing this is just another DLC; or to be generous several DLC's in one. Warden DLC Storyline, Battle Grounds DLC and Morrowind DLC.

This game for it's age has tons of content but what is being offered is what should be coming out anyways. As a corporation they must feed the board and investors. It's the world we live in.

Eventually when i get all my shinnies on the current game or am enticed by more information i may take the plunge but unlike other expansions over the 20 years i have been playing this is not very enticing.

The game is great as it is and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Cya!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you are going to join in the conversation don't make stuff up. ZOS has never said 100 hours. Not even close. Unless you are including the main game, which would be silly because we can get that for 10 bucks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

See my previous post. Many people aren't interested in the crown store or exp boost ( I often asked for an XP disabler).

Many people took out their sub, their main reason being because they thought they were getting the dlc every 3 months, as that's what they were told they would get, no different from you expecting 10% boosts etc

And yet, many people are interested.

In your comment, the main difference between the 10% boost that I was expecting, and the DLCs that had not been delivered that I guess other people were expecting, is that the 10% boost had been delivered and was a concrete part of the deal when I paid. All of the DLCs that had already been delivered were also part of the deal. There were no promises regarding the quantity, quality, or suitability of any future content in the ESO Plus subscription terms.

ESO Plus is best thought of as a purchase for existing benefits, not future benefits. It is not an investment. You get what you pay for on Day 1. If, during the term of the subscription, they come out with a new DLC that interests you, yay. Factor that into the next subscription term. If, during the term of the subscription, they come out with no new DLC, or only DLC that is of no interest, well, you already got what you paid for with the subscription. Factor that into the next subscription term.
    Your response doesn't seem to understand my movie theater example.

Apparently, I am blind to whatever point you were trying to make.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing i just started playing and enjoy the sub with all it's perks. I played in WOW for ages and let me tell you an expansion was not just one swath of land it was an entire map with several zoned areas. That is certainly worthy of an expansion. Even in Ultima Online it was not just one capital and several towns it was huge pieces of land like the size of two or three regular zones in the game today.

Since we know very little I am waiting to see what it is first. Still enjoying the content and haven't scratched the surface yet. Haven't even started trials or capped my CP.

Is one class (not interested) one city, one raid and new PVP worth $40...it actually isn't. Not for people subscribing. Just starting on the DLC's and from what is mentioned thus far in there marketing this is just another DLC; or to be generous several DLC's in one. Warden DLC Storyline, Battle Grounds DLC and Morrowind DLC.

This game for it's age has tons of content but what is being offered is what should be coming out anyways. As a corporation they must feed the board and investors. It's the world we live in.

Eventually when i get all my shinnies on the current game or am enticed by more information i may take the plunge but unlike other expansions over the 20 years i have been playing this is not very enticing.

Cya!

I have to disagree. If someone is paying $15/month for crafting bags, $40 does not seem like much for a new class and the amount of new narrative included and Battlegrounds. I have no idea where you get the "one city" from, as number of cities is an absurd way to measure content. Subbers already think what they have been receiving is worth $180/year (and we have only been receiving about 3 DLC a year anyway), so $40 is not an unreasonable amount for them to spend on the game for that amount of additional content.

The price of the Morrowind DLC has never been the issue. It has always been the bait and switch. ZOS marketed ESO+ as guaranteeing that players would always have access to the entire game, then they reneged on that claim and coined the phrases "crown store DLC" and "chapter." People are annoyed less with Morrowind than with the false advertisement that left them owning no DLC after paying a lot and also not having Morrowind.

I wouldn't get hung up on land masses. Who cares how many landmasses are in a DLC/expansion? What matters is the content within the geography. People also keep mentioning nonsense like the geographic size of Morrowind being large even though ZOS already mentioned you can't access a large portion of it where the volcano is.
  • Lord_Empyrean

Cya!

I have to disagree. If someone is paying $15/month for crafting bags, $40 does not seem like much for a new class and the amount of new narrative included and Battlegrounds. I have no idea where you get the "one city" from, as number of cities is an absurd way to measure content. Subbers already think what they have been receiving is worth $180/year (and we have only been receiving about 3 DLC a year anyway), so $40 is not an unreasonable amount for them to spend on the game for that amount of additional content.

The price of the Morrowind DLC has never been the issue. It has always been the bait and switch. ZOS marketed ESO+ as guaranteeing that players would always have access to the entire game, then they reneged on that claim and coined the phrases "crown store DLC" and "chapter." People are annoyed less with Morrowind than with the false advertisement that left them owning no DLC after paying a lot and also not having Morrowind.

I wouldn't get hung up on land masses. Who cares how many landmasses are in a DLC/expansion? What matters is the content within the geography. People also keep mentioning nonsense like the geographic size of Morrowind being large even though ZOS already mentioned you can't access a large portion of it where the volcano is.

SO we disagree to agree. $40 is not worth an Expansion/DLC when it should be included. If you think size doesn't matter you are wrong.

:wink:

Bottom line they need more money and we have to shell it out. Many MMO's go this way which leads to lost sunscriptions and failure. ESO is not immune to this. Give the customers garbage and you get garbage the PS4 expansion is lukewarm at best and not even cross platform, so they need to recoup that failure. We have both versions in this house and the world is empty in comparison to PC. As far as Morrowind I will make that decision when I find out more about this upcoming DLC. I am not against a good money sink and supporting a game studio but don't advertise something and back out of it. It's pretty simple.

Unlike others I am not upset just sympathetic to the cry and understand it fully!

Cya!