Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Bow Build

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smepic wrote: »
    Egonieser wrote: »
    PvP against anyone with half a brain. Using bow as main hand is purposely gimping yourself.
    @Egonieser

Yet I am successful in both Cyrodiil and duels.

@Smepic
    This clearly shows that you are good player, you have done something non-meta and have been successful at it and reading your post has been insightful. Thank you for that. I must confess I got sucked into the whole meta idea along with the general citizens of Tamriel.

I hope more people can provide their insights into the techniques they use for making what seems lack-luster to something that really rocks.

I have always been a bow lover in TES games, mostly Skyrim :) and my first toon is a Bosmer, who according to lore are finest Archers of Tamriel, surprisingly enough ESO did not give them any end game advantage for using a bow, when in comparison
    1. Dunmer get direct boost to fire damage
    2. Argonians get direct boost to healing done
    3. Altmer get a direct boost all elemental damage
    4. Orcs get a direct boost to melee damage

You mentioned that you play as Redguard, I wanted to mention my desire for Bosmers to have an endgame boost to archery, which at least make the bow a more useful weapon in the game and more in line with lore.

Thanks again for sharing your experience of Archery with us.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much anymore since getting the vigor, but when doing it, I used the bow at some times and was awesome knocking out folks from a distance, but it has it drawbacks. Sololy, skill like the lethal arrow is too slow and hitting 20-ishK isn't much contributing to the dps. Other skills associated, like venom arrow or poison injection, arrow spray and scattered shot are quick, but not much desirable damages are being put out. So, sololy against other toons or PvE bosses that can close in to you fast with some brutal dps, you are likely outmatched. However, it is effective to use a bow as a backup, for PvE and PvP. I slot the venom arrow and arrow barrage, cause of the DoTs, on my bow back bar. Really, these are the only two regular bow skills I have slotted, because of the DoTs. I like the arrow barrage over the endless hail because it increases the radius and distance over endless hail. I don't need the extra 2 seconds from the endless hail.

Also, I love the Toxic Barrage ultimate. I don't have a sorc toon and can't really tell how much damage that destro staff storm ultimate does, but it sure has been pissing a lot of players off who have been brutally killed by it. However, to me, the Toxic Barrage is the better ultimate I've seen so far for stam toons, particularly against longer fights against bosses. I also slot another DoT with my bow skill bar. Before switching to my main, I usually throw out 3 DoTs (other than Toxic Barrage), and my main has 2 other DoTs. So quick five DoTs, then main weapon attacks and rotate.. not so bad of a rotation. Them adds and bosses do go down fast.

If bow is used as the main weapon and only being used without supplementing with another weapon skillsets, you're not putting out the desire dps, particularly in vet level contents. You may be fine in normal contents and as backup to a group taking on world bosses or dolmens, but in higher level group contents, the other dps using both main and backup weapons skillsets may cringe a bit.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Above 50k DPS is what I'll consider to be competitive. 40k+ is pretty solid, 30k+ is meh. What you have is bad DPS I'm afraid.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on January 29, 2017 2:18PM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Above 50k DPS is what I'll consider to be competitive. 40k+ is pretty solid, 30k+ is meh. What you have is bad DPS I'm afraid.

Agreed, but that only applies for PvE group/trial content.

There should be more to this game than just plain burning content away. How about some maneuvering and strategy, specifically in PvP?

That would be much better than zerging and endlessly farming that particular bridge. At least in my opinion.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one here even talking about the Marksman set, extra 8% damage to enemy players in PvP, plus it has 5% cost reduction on Stam abilities. I use this set on my bosmer Nightblade with all weapon damage enchants on my jewelry and the other 5 pc set is the Spriggan set for awesome penetration means many deaths via Snipe to my opponents in PvP.

My next set to make Legendary is my Shield breaker set to replace spriggans, so those shielded opponents can take dirt naps as well.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome DPS for solo bow, never thought that was possible. Pulling that DPS you can faceroll any content (vMA and vDSA might be a challenge, but absolutely do-able) apart from vet trials.

Honestly the amount of negative comments in here is surprising, you never claimed this build does competitive trial DPS, yet a tonne of people have felt the need to tell you it's not good enough... for some reason.

Pains me to think you are missing out on some great poisons DoT's from not being DK, but those got changed to poison after you made your toon.

@Smepic Have you looked at Swamp Raider at all? Could be an awesome PvE replacement for Marksman Crest. Cast Entropy and (if the DoT component procs it) you won't need to recast for 20seconds. Swamp raider might even be back bar-able, once it procs you should be able to bar swap and keep the bonus, then you can have a full monster helm set also (2x Skoria maybe? Lose some weapon damage but you'll proc Skoria right on CD with all those DoTs). This is exciting!

Edit: I am faced with a sudden urge to finish ranking my StamDK and try this out.

Edited by Taylor_MB on January 29, 2017 3:05PM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always count on local people to remind you that you cant play their high end content you and most people arent even interested in playing. For what they made a mess of "pvp is minority", they surely are forgetting how small percentage of players actually play their trials, let alone achieve their desired DPS in best group scenario in hardest trial possible.
    Edited by SodanTok on January 29, 2017 3:03PM
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @Smepic Have you looked at Swamp Raider at all? Could be an awesome PvE replacement for Marksman Crest. Cast Entropy and (if the DoT component procs it) you won't need to recast for 20seconds. Swamp raider might even be back bar-able, once it procs you should be able to bar swap and keep the bonus, then you can have a full monster helm set also (2x Skoria maybe? Lose some weapon damage but you'll proc Skoria right on CD with all those DoTs). This is exciting!

Edit: I am faced with a sudden urge to finish ranking my StamDK and try this out.
    @Taylor_MB

I have no room for Entropy. The only Magicka damaging ability I have is Streak, which I only use to maneuver or CC. I've thought about Sheer Venom though. I could use it for PvP as well, since my DoT's are very strong (I also use Damage Health Poison IX).

The main reason I use Marksman's is due to extra burst, especially for when I gank. I'm not very interested in farming Imperial City Prison for set pieces anyway.

Edited by SanderBuraas on January 29, 2017 3:35PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭

You only need 50K dps if you are in that 1% and your only goal in game is chasing the top of the vMOL leader boards.

20-30K dps is perfectly acceptable for all content, with the exception of HM trials/leaderboard runs.

It is even more acceptable when its from someone who normally PVP's and is running pug dungeons (which is where all the uproar over bow/bow builds is coming from).

As a tank who commonly pugs daily pledges, I have seen my fair share of different dps builds (some good and some very bad). I would gladly welcome a bow/bow build that can pull 25-30K dps. The problem is that most people running bow/bow think the only way to run it is spamming light attacks with the occasional poison injection or endless hail, resulting in their ever exciting 10K dps parses.

If the OP's build will make it so I no longer have to whisper group members that their dps is to low to complete this content (which is sad when some of these are dungeons that can be solo'd), that is great.

Props to OP for thinking outside the box!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • kaotikross
    kaotikross
    Soul Shriven
    Very well written, thanks!
    8 Hamster-Growth Hormone Injected Rodents (2x4)
    1 8088 Motherboard with 8 "TurboWheel Hamster Wheels with Ceramic Ball bearing Races" (2x4)
    2 RCA-Victor Tube-Fed Power Supplies Removed from 1922 Victrolas
    80' x 120' Outbuilding containing 16GB RAM pieced together from various 1960's Space Programs
    144 Video Chips from Atari 2600's hardwired together, placed in Beer Fridge Freezer and cabled to Computing Device
    Keyboard from Nokia 6100 (for indestrucibleness)
    1986 Pioneer 52" Rear Projection Tv (Monitor)

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dual bow build pve dps can hit around 41k in a trial group. This is pre hawkeye buff
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »

You only need 50K dps if you are in that 1% and your only goal in game is chasing the top of the vMOL leader boards.

20-30K dps is perfectly acceptable for all content, with the exception of HM trials/leaderboard runs.

It is even more acceptable when its from someone who normally PVP's and is running pug dungeons (which is where all the uproar over bow/bow builds is coming from).

As a tank who commonly pugs daily pledges, I have seen my fair share of different dps builds (some good and some very bad). I would gladly welcome a bow/bow build that can pull 25-30K dps. The problem is that most people running bow/bow think the only way to run it is spamming light attacks with the occasional poison injection or endless hail, resulting in their ever exciting 10K dps parses.

If the OP's build will make it so I no longer have to whisper group members that their dps is to low to complete this content (which is sad when some of these are dungeons that can be solo'd), that is great.

Ha ha.. there is no toon in ESO that can do 40-50k Dps, legitimately. This means every second, a toon is dishing out 40-50k damages.. impossible without CE manipulation or some other kind of exploits. I don't have the exact formula for how to measure dps, and you can't really calculate it on console, but dps is apparently measurable in PC, along with many other things. What I understand dps to be is the average per second of the damages output calculated from the total strikes/attacks or combinations of attacks. So, if you are throwing out, let's say 10 strike/attacks in 10 seconds, which can range from 4k to 30k damages per hit/single strike, then the average of all 10 strikes can be computed to what you are putting out per seconds; the dps ratio (unless I'm wrong.) However, there is no toon that can legitimately sustain 30-50k damage per hit/strike every time they strike a target.

What many of the youtube how-to and guides of look at my badass builds are saying.. are that an average of 10k dps is fine for vet contents. The highest damage output from one attack I have obtained, so far, is in the 35k with a greatsword, but that is not sustainable. It may hit once every 5 or more strikes, but usually, I'm hitting anywhere from 16-30k. The only damages of 50-59k I have seem came from a youtube clip showing a sorc in action in a trial. It is a PC clip and shows damages averaging from 3k-10k, but once in a while, you will see damages showing 57k, here and up to 59k there. That amount of damages is outrageous, but the clip is showing such. I don't know how that sorc is able to obtain that. It has to be some kind of buff-aid and combination and such. Looking at other hey look at my badass builds youtube clips of other classes, like DK and NB, I have not seen any damages output, as close to what a sorc or that sorc can do.. hmmmm
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that said, good to see you are sticking to your guns and finding a way to make your bow build work.
    @Toc de Malsvi

The point of my thread is not "how much DPS I can deal with an optimal build". It shows that bow builds are viable – and that even with a PvP set-up, I am able to do all right DPS.

Only meant to point out some area's where you are missing out on damage. As I said good to see you making the bow work, bow builds are certainly viable. However most are not looking for what is viable they are looking for what they believe to be the best. Bow builds are much more capable than most give us credit for.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, why don't you do a guide for your bow build, your rotation, strategy and general approach, we would love to see it.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

Ha ha.. there is no toon in ESO that can do 40-50k Dps, legitimately. This means every second, a toon is dishing out 40-50k damages.. impossible without CE manipulation or some other kind of exploits. I don't have the exact formula for how to measure dps, and you can't really calculate it on console, but dps is apparently measurable in PC, along with many other things. What I understand dps to be is the average per second of the damages output calculated from the total strikes/attacks or combinations of attacks. So, if you are throwing out, let's say 10 strike/attacks in 10 seconds, which can range from 4k to 30k damages per hit/single strike, then the average of all 10 strikes can be computed to what you are putting out per seconds; the dps ratio (unless I'm wrong.) However, there is no toon that can legitimately sustain 30-50k damage per hit/strike every time they strike a target.

What many of the youtube how-to and guides of look at my badass builds are saying.. are that an average of 10k dps is fine for vet contents. The highest damage output from one attack I have obtained, so far, is in the 35k with a greatsword, but that is not sustainable. It may hit once every 5 or more strikes, but usually, I'm hitting anywhere from 16-30k. The only damages of 50-59k I have seem came from a youtube clip showing a sorc in action in a trial. It is a PC clip and shows damages averaging from 3k-10k, but once in a while, you will see damages showing 57k, here and up to 59k there. That amount of damages is outrageous, but the clip is showing such. I don't know how that sorc is able to obtain that. It has to be some kind of buff-aid and combination and such. Looking at other hey look at my badass builds youtube clips of other classes, like DK and NB, I have not seen any damages output, as close to what a sorc or that sorc can do.. hmmmm

Mmm, actually.... it is totally possible to sustain 30k/sec and more. 30k is possible without any raid buffs. 40k+ is possible in raid situation with warhorn, spc, cp etc. I personally know people with toons that dish out 40-50k damage every second in trials without any cheats or manipulations as you have stated. Totally possible.

And 10k damage per second? Lol, i can just sit there and heavy attack and get 15k+ dps.

Dps is not about how much damage you score for a hit once in a blue moon, it is all your abilities damage combined and divided by the secs in combat.

The secret to good dps is your rotation, not spamming wrecking blow of whatever the skill with highest tooltip damage is.
    You lay down your dots (damage over time), figure out the timing, find your "spammable" (non-dot) and weave it with light/med/heavy depending on build. when dots expire, reapply. This gives you a chance to do damage while other abilities damage is ticking. This is what creates that impossible 30-50k damage per second. Not spamming soul assault or wrecking blow. But combining attacks in a smart way.
    Edited by Horowonnoe on January 29, 2017 5:47PM
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

Mmm, actually.... it is totally possible to sustain 30k/sec and more. 30k is possible without any raid buffs. 40k+ is possible in raid situation with warhorn, spc, cp etc. I personally know people with toons that dish out 40-50k damage every second in trials without any cheats or manipulations as you have stated. Totally possible.

And 10k damage per second? Lol, i can just sit there and heavy attack and get 15k+ dps.

Dps is not about how much damage you score for a hit once in a blue moon, it is all your abilities damage combined and divided by the secs in combat.

DPS is taken as an average over time, you start building up slowly at first with dots and then sustain it, heck highest damage done can be quite higher than average DPS.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DPS is taken as an average over time, you start building up slowly at first with dots and then sustain it, heck highest damage done can be quite higher than average DPS.

Destro ult <3
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

picard_facepalm_bright.jpg
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a wonderfully inspiring thread and I thank the OP for making it! I'm eagerly following along. I did play a bow/bow stamsorc and it was just fine for solo pve. Since I've no interest in pvp and little interest in formal grouping, she did fine. The sorc skills that seemed to help quite bit were encase, clannfear, hurricane, surge and a couple of the sorc ults (atronach and negate). I found it a very mobile and fun playstyle that could get rather scary at times when maneuvering room was limited.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see somebody taking a build that has been deemed "bad" and finding a way to make it work. Personally, I've got a PVP non-ganking Stamblade bow build I'm working on theorycrafting, and reading this has given me inspiration to keep working at making it a competitive build.
    @ColoursYouHave

Though I gank in Cyrodiil, I'm also dominant in duels. Sometimes, when I'm bored of easy kills, I just walk around and let someone gank me.

Just a few tips: crowd control and sustain is really important, always weave light attacks and don't be afraid to block and roll dodge.

Yeah, this build is going to rely heavily on using crowd control and kiting to try to set up a well-timed burst. I'll be playing the build in the non-vet campaign where I think it'll have a much better chance at being decent than in the other campaigns. I don't really expect the build to be particularly good, but I have a lot of fun taking builds that aren't supposed to be good and seeing if I can make them work.

• SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, why don't you do a guide for your bow build, your rotation, strategy and general approach, we would love to see it.
    @The_Protagonist

Do you mean for PvE? I would want to optimize my build if I were to create a guide, for example; get full Divines and replace Marksman's Crest five piece bonus with Master's Bow.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Taylor_MB

I have no room for Entropy. The only Magicka damaging ability I have is Streak, which I only use to maneuver or CC. I've thought about Sheer Venom though. I could use it for PvP as well, since my DoT's are very strong (I also use Damage Health Poison IX).

The main reason I use Marksman's is due to extra burst, especially for when I gank. I'm not very interested in farming Imperial City Prison for set pieces anyway.

Does Poison Injection count as an execute ability? If so that would be really awesome to use!
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Taylor_MB

Does Poison Injection count as an execute ability? If so that would be really awesome to use!

Yes poison Injection DOT does indeed cause additional bonus damage below 50% health, hence the initial attack of PI will not proc Sheer Venom but the DOT certainly will.
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭

DPS or Damage Per Second is the damage put out from your abilities per second over a period of time, not a single abilities DPH or Damage Per Hit (which is what you described).

For instance a magicka Dragonknight's DPS could consist of Rearming trap + Flames of Oblivion + Wall of Elements + Eruption + Burning Embers + Engulfing Flame + Molten Whip + Standard of Might all calculated together over a given period of time. Obviously someone who manages their DoTs better is going to have much higher DPS than someone who replaces their DoTs too early or too late.

Edit: Forgot to include that damage for procs from sets such as Grothdar would be calculated into the DPS as well.
    Edited by Drasn on January 30, 2017 6:10AM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭

Ha ha.. there is no toon in ESO that can do 40-50k Dps, legitimately.

What many of the youtube how-to and guides of look at my badass builds are saying.. are that an average of 10k dps is fine for vet contents.

10K was fine for vet content back when there were still vet levels before tamriel one was released. Now a minimum of 20K+ (50K+ combined for 4 man group) is needed to complete most hard modes in vet dungeons. Aside from that, normal dungeons can all be run naked with 1 skill, and most non-dlc vet dungeons can still be solo'd when you not doing hard mode.

As far as the legitimate 40-50K DPS....haha! For reference, I run a stam sorc (DW/Bow) with an end game raid guild. With my current rotation and without proc sets or malestrom weapons (I run 5 NMG/5 VO/1 Kena/1 Kragh), I can pull 32-35K dps with self buffs and 38K-42K dps with raid buffs. My highest single target dps parses being 49K on the first boss of vMOL and 56K on second boss in vAA (about 10K was splash damage on chain spinner). So 40-50K dps is possible, with some pros able to pull 50-60K, without any cheats (granted this requires 100% warhorn uptime and all raid buffs/debuffs).

Give this, there is no reason that a CP160+ dps with crafted DPS gear and a half decent rotation can't pull 20K+. Heck, my NB tank can pull 10-15K dps in full support tank gear by just holding block and spamming funnel health.

So it may be wise to look at something other than other than youtube videos. Check out the build forums here or hit up tamriel foundry. They have a lot of great builds for every class that are proven to be effective!

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the recent buffs to Bow/Bow its gonna be even more viable to use as an alternative to DW/Bow. Will it do as much damage? Absolutely not, but it will be closer to the mark. All of this would be very exciting, except no need for stamina in trials period...

And bringing it closer to the mark, if close enough, acn b
    Egonieser wrote: »
    PvP against anyone with half a brain. Using bow as main hand is purposely gimping yourself.
    @Egonieser

Yet I am successful in both Cyrodiil and duels.

@Smepic
    This clearly shows that you are good player, you have done something non-meta and have been successful at it and reading your post has been insightful. Thank you for that. I must confess I got sucked into the whole meta idea along with the general citizens of Tamriel.

Most players do not play what is called a meta build. Most just enjoy the game as they see fit. Only those interested in pushing their limits for dps, healing or tanking go for meta builds and that is not for everyone which is ok.

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to drag this out.. but, I have to call bullsht on this one! 40-50k is more than most ultimate. You're out of your freaking mind that a toon is able to do 40-50k or more on every hit, each hit, for every second (without cheating or manipulation.) Come on.. been at this game far too long of trying to piece many different armor, weapon and jewelry sets together (of what have been legitimately allowable within the confine of the game) for the best build, and running through countless dungeons and trials with so many different groups, to know better. Even if doing 40-50k as an average, someone would have to be striking 60k or 70k or more for certain strikes. There is no freaking way. Anyways, you can't even see the others' numbers or tell how much damages the others in the group are putting out, in consoles (unless there is way to see, but I haven't figure it out yet); except on those youtube clips where you can see the numbers coming out from the main toon. I'm sure there are many more things you're able to do in PC, whereas you cannot on consoles.

Been monitoring this forum for almost a year now and scanning through the countless youtube clips, to include the how-to and show-me guides by those seemingly ESO's Jedi-masters, and I have not once seen a legitimate account of anyone being able to dish out the damages that you are claiming. I cannot see how and what sets, abilities or combination of skills are legitimately allowing the numbers of what you claimed, especially with things seemingly always getting nerfed.. impossible!
    Edited by GreenhaloX on January 30, 2017 1:42PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to drag this out.. but, I have to call bullsht on this one! 40-50k is more than most ultimate. You're out of your freaking mind that a toon is able to do 40-50k or more on every hit, each hit, for every second (without cheating or manipulation.) Come on.. been at this game far too long of trying to piece many different armor, weapon and jewelry sets together (of what have been legitimately allowable within the confine of the game) for the best build, and running through countless dungeons and trials with so many different groups, to know better. Even if doing 40-50k as an average, someone would have to be striking 60k or 70k or more for certain strikes. There is no freaking way. Anyways, you can't even see the others' numbers or tell how much damages the others in the group are putting out, in consoles (unless there is way to see, but I haven't figure it out yet); except on those youtube clips where you can see the numbers coming out from the main toon. I'm sure there are many more things you're able to do in PC, whereas you cannot on consoles.

Been monitoring this forum for almost a year now and scanning through the countless youtube clips, to include the how-to and show-me guides by those seemingly ESO's Jedi-masters, and I have not once seen a legitimate account of anyone being able to dish out the damages that you are claiming. I cannot see how and what sets, abilities or combination of skills are legitimately allowing the numbers of what you claimed, especially with things seemingly always getting nerfed.. impossible!

In our guild, to get onto core you have to parse 40k+ consistantly in every boss in vMoL. Those numbers are a combination of skill, strategy and positioning. Those numbers also deoend on group DPS. The higher the group DPS is, the higher your personal DPS will be. 40s and 50s are more than doable, they are easy to achieve (well 40 is) if the fight is properly organized.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I applaud the effort but 26k is not even close to competitive...
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw

Do you mean for veteran trials? I'm curious about how much DPS I could achieve if I used PvE sets, full Divines and actually used Rearming Trap.
    Glad to see somebody taking a build that has been deemed "bad" and finding a way to make it work. Personally, I've got a PVP non-ganking Stamblade bow build I'm working on theorycrafting, and reading this has given me inspiration to keep working at making it a competitive build.
    @ColoursYouHave

Though I gank in Cyrodiil, I'm also dominant in duels. Sometimes, when I'm bored of easy kills, I just walk around and let someone gank me.

Just a few tips: crowd control and sustain is really important, always weave light attacks and don't be afraid to block and roll dodge.

@Smepic

Well I assumed PVE, as you used PVE parses to show the DPS. I think people are getting bow builds to top out in the low 30's, but I dont play with anybody that runs one. They just arent even close to being on par with other ranged builds (mSorc or mNighblade). As for using trap, sure it would help DPS, but you are using a melee skill in a ranged build. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I run Bow on Stam Nightblade.
    Shadow cloak allows me to always crit when I need to. So i am running the shadow stone.

Oh well I have divines instead of inpenetrable. Hopefully the changes to Proc sets next patch will stop me getting 1 shot. .... and I have to run a proc set myself. (atm Fire but I probably should use red mountain) perhaps I should actually be running both, and replace my spriggans set.

Viper is nice and all but melee only so it only works for my 2h bar... To proc Fire/RM I have to run critical charge over Ambush, but I just noticed perhaps I will want to use the 2h finishing move, forgot it's name.. edit: reverse slice.. and switch back to ambush.

Red Mountain is terrible choice for bow users. On my sDK, it would proc once in 10-15 fights, when I used just bow.
    I feel this set was made for DW flurry users.

I have a hybrid sorcs using elegance and red mountain, She kills really fast, like no other char in my roster
    Red Mountain is just another way to get the enemy at 25% health (with poison inject, velocious, frags and light attacks), so endless fury, implosion (light attacks with lit enchant) can do the rest
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique