The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Character Load Issues (Possibly Mac Related- With Workaround)

• Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have a vision of the Mac client team consisting of one elderly programer (of the punch cards and Fortran IV and Cobol sort) who once in a great while sighs ... puts down her knitting... and reads a few Mac Client issues internal memos then puts some feed into the hamster wheel to provide power to a 2004 first gen Intel Mac computer and makes a few uncommented changes to the source code and goes back to her knitting. She can't test the changes as her ancient Mac can not run the current client version so it will be a week or two before she looks at it again....
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we have just over 4 days left with our accounts on PTS till it gets wiped. I'm assuming a fix for this hasn't been found. Is it safe to hope that this issue was caused only by the copied characters when they were moved to the PTS, and therefore this problem won't persist when the update goes live?

This issue won't be fixed before the next PTS patch, but we are working to make sure it's fixed before the update goes live. The issue is actually tied to skill points spent, not just copied characters.

WE (the mac users) Knew this from DAY 1 of the PTS launch and reported it so. I don't know what thread YOU were looking at when you fine folks @ ZOS decided it was just on the NA copied characters and that making a new template would fix it, but those of us on the Frontline of Battle, so to speak, knew this right away. Also, we tried to tell you that right away when we saw you had the wrong assumption and it took, what was it, _4_ days? to reply you were passing on the info? I thought, hey...maybe you guys are just too busy to be on top f the forum issues.... then i realized there were 2-4 liaisons from ZOS working with the Win platform problem feed right away and they stayed attentive and responsive the whole time. So obviously you had the manpower to be staying on top of our reports too. What gives?

This is what.....3 MAJOR updates in the last year the Mac users have effectively been cut out of the R&D feedback and troubleshooting till it was too late and gone live? So the skill point crash will supposedly be fixed by launch, great, thats good news......but what about all the OTHER things we may also have issues with on the Mac platform that we won't know about now till _after_ launch because we didn't get an opportunity to test?

Not to mention , on the more personal note for me, the fact that ALL my toons are magic based and I will have to sit back and deal with whatever changes you all have decided to make without getting the chance to voice my own opinion and insights on them? changes that will majorly affect at least 3 of my builds in both PVE and PVP.

Feeling very left out here ZOS. I am a huge advocate for not only this game but also for Subscriptions, and to have an entire chunk of your customer base repeatedly left out of the testing phase deeply saddens me. Its hard to rationalize my love for this game and my sub when I have ( as part of the Mac base) been forgotten/blown off by the R&D portion I'm supposed to be able to help you with. You've told us players before that the point of PTS is to weed out problems so new launches go smoothly and if we want our opinions heard about class and set balancing that we need to invest our time in helping you test those potential changes out. well here we are trying to do our part and we are again being told 'Oops, sorry..... we'll get to you eventually....' :(
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on January 14, 2017 7:07AM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    Had this been a windows client issue it would have been fixed in the following patch. I think we need to just accept we aren't important to them, which saddens me as i hold two subscriptions on two platforms atm and it's like why am i giving them money when they just don't care about me as a customer
  • Afafrenferr
    Afafrenferr
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping we've made some progress toward a fix for this. Would be a shame to wait till the patch goes live to see how macs handle the new update.
    PC/NA
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two weeks into the PTS major update and most if not all mac users still CANNOT test things out.

It sure looks to me like NO ONE checks the builds on Mac before release.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping we've made some progress toward a fix for this. Would be a shame to wait till the patch goes live to see how macs handle the new update.

if you look a page back ZOS has confirmed they don't expect this to be fixed during PTS in time for us to get any testing in. they are shooting for it to be fixed by Live launch period. :(
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Well, this is annoyingly useless...... PTS works FINE if you don't use ANY templates and make an entirely NEW character bare bones. >:( Figures.

Oops, spoke too soon. nope. while more stable than before- an entire new, bare bones, non-template character will crash out too and glitch. and with every log in more and more or the screens and interactions cause the crash.

Never mind. (not that there's a point to making a new non template toon since you don't get any of the gold/crowns/sets to try)
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on January 15, 2017 12:01AM
    NA EP CP1200+

• Afafrenferr
    Afafrenferr
    ✭✭✭
    Been almost two weeks now...
    PC/NA
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the PTS notes now say so we don't need to bother with this DL

"In this patch, we’ve copied all PC EU characters for use in testing. Please note we are still working on a fix for our players on Mac who are running into consistent game crashes.""
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged on to PTS to see if anything has improved and all my characters have been deleted, all my friends and guilds are gone... So i made a new template toon, was able to get the houses, walk around. Learn recipes, decorate, assign crafting skills and make dummy skeleton. However, the moment i assigned some skills that were active (nonpassives) my game crashed upon opening inventory. Now the character is unplayable.

PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashes on a Mac :(

Was hoping with the reset characters they fixed it but looks like they did not try to fix it this patch.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    JKith wrote: »
    ...looks like they did not try to fix it this patch.

They already said that it wasn't going to be fixed in this patch. No one here was expecting it to be fixed yesterday.

Everyone, stop saying that they're "not trying."
    Of COURSE they're trying.

Edited by Heike on January 17, 2017 3:56PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    JKith wrote: »
    ...looks like they did not try to fix it this patch.

They already said that it wasn't going to be fixed in this patch. No one here was expecting it to be fixed yesterday.

Everyone, stop saying that they're "not trying."
    Of COURSE they're trying.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we please have an update on this serious outstanding issue.

It's been a week since the last update; we still haven't had any opportunity to test the Mac platform fully on PTS and unless a working client is made available for an (assumed) updated iteration next week, we won't be able to test the anniversary event let alone any of the proposed 2.7 content.

We really are getting the very short end of the straw here :(
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Afafrenferr
    Afafrenferr
    ✭✭✭
    This has definitely become a bit ridiculous. I'm beginning to think they would push it live, with a fix or not....
    PC/NA
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought they would have fixed this issue by now. Of course they'll push it live without a fix, they don't care enough to fix it quickly for us like they would had this been a windows issue. I mean if it's very complicated issue to fix then thats understandable that it can't be patched straight away, but that then to me begs the question of how they are certain that it will be fixed by the time it goes live if it's proving such a complicated issue that they are unable to fix it on pts 2 patches in.

Edit: I also feel that there is an element of telling us what we want to hear rather than the truth that this may not be fixed in time for live
    Edited by HereKittehKitteh on January 20, 2017 12:21PM
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please get an update on this issue? Tomorrow is the last PTS patch before this goes LIVE. Are we going to be able to TEST this PTS at all for MAC users. This is why I suggested a longer PTS testing cycle of 8 wks instead of 4 wks. I for one will be asking for some form of compensation if this problem happens to go LIVE w/ Update 13.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radicalb21 wrote: »
    Can we please get an update on this issue? Tomorrow is the last PTS patch before this goes LIVE. Are we going to be able to TEST this PTS at all for MAC users. This is why I suggested a longer PTS testing cycle of 8 wks instead of 4 wks. I for one will be asking for some form of compensation if this problem happens to go LIVE w/ Update 13.
    It's two weeks before Homestead releases, so there could conceivably be another patch next week.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping theres another patch where maybe, just maaaaaaybe this issue gets fixed and we can at least try out pts for a week. Please can we get an update on this issue
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried logging on to see if anything has improved?
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

downloading now as there was no "don't bother if you use the mac client" in the patch notes this time be back as soon as I know
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    radicalb21 wrote: »
    It's two weeks before Homestead releases, so there could conceivably be another patch next week.

That's very true, but it will still ensure we miss any view/testing of the festival event (think it switches off this week?)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert Hello (waves arms) we're still here; any news for the disenfranchised Mac players, We've been politely asking for an update, but must be on ignore!!
    Edited by LaucianNailor on January 23, 2017 5:52PM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

downloading now as there was no "don't bother if you use the mac client" in the patch notes this time be back as soon as I know

SykI63j.gif
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well there is improvement in that I could apply skill points to medium armor...

but when I returned to the game It through up a UI error in the chat system and I could not dismiss it had to force quit. I will try to get a log if it does it next time but I think this one is worth trying on the mac client
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    Popped Boundless Storm, pressed C, crash, same like before.

No crash report, so cannot even submit that.

:-(

EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so sad... Why @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Pls we cri
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I am seing différent crashs now and able to get far in enough to see them so perhaps I can provide some useful crash info but this is at best an alpha for mac users not a beta... don't expect to actually play it.
  • gjennings
    gjennings
    ✭✭
    Still busted.

Last patch I created a template character. Soon after placing champion points, hard locks when opening any menu.

Logged in today, immediately cleared champion points, and went okay for a while. Was able to use the game normally, gear up, run around some homes. As soon as I started unlocking skills and placing skill points, got a hang.

Now when I login to the character, hard lock with black screen as soon as the character is selected. It doesn't even load the character whereas previous patches would load the character but then hard lock as soon as any menu was accessed.

So, it's different... but it's still unplayable.

Not sure what kind of information/logs would be valuable to provide to troubleshoot, but I'm available to provide as needed.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My ESO+ renewal date is 3 days before Homestead goes live. I'm torn between keeping it and hoping the game is playable on release, or cancelling it until there's confirmation that the patch is actually playable, just in case it takes over a month to fix like the IC crashes in 2015.

So, 3 days without crafting bag vs. 15 bucks wasted for an unplayable month :(
    Edited by Alpheu5 on January 23, 2017 8:18PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Afafrenferr
    Afafrenferr
    ✭✭✭
    They sure know how to make you feel pretty low on a priority list.
    PC/NA