The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Housing too expensive

• philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    If you don't play the market game, there are plenty of lower tier houses for that. Hate how some people are so entitled to believe everyone should be handed the best stuff when they don't want to put the time in to earn it. You have no idea how much time some of us put into crafting and selling, and now you believe it's not fair that you can't get our rewards. Seriously, buy a low cost house and be happy with it. If everyone had a manor, why even have low end houses? Smh.

Housing is not "your" reward. It is not an elitist trophy. Housing is game content that should be available to everyone with a reasonable costs. The average player should be able to buy a small or a medium house with little to no effort. Large houses should require a little work. Manors, I have to agree should be a good investment or crown store. Housing as it is on PTR is way over priced. Small/Medium/Large need to have the prices cut in half. Honestly I am not sure about the price point for Manors.

Housing is not a trophy, but game content. The days that houses are for the uber elitists are over. A lot of games, have housing very easily accessible. For example; SWTOR, BDO, LOTRO. In reality when you have only 1% of the population enjoying content, what do you think will happen to the other 99%. They will unsub or stop playing. If I can not access the content, why play it. One percent of the population can not keep this game viable and successful. Housing is content. Not a trophy.

You are out of touch with reality. Several illogical statements lead me to believe you are delusional. First off, housing IS available to everyone, at various prices. Just like gold armor, you have to *** earn them. Second off, housing size IS a trophy and game content. It can be both. The houses are as much a trophy as gold armor and champion points. You earn them. Third, all the features of the higher tier houses are essentially available in the lower tier as well. The only reason people are complaining about the manor prices is because of their own ego. And finally, if you can not access the content, too *** bad. Not everyone becomes emperor and gets to enjoy stat bonuses either. Your arguements make no sense, and are a pathetic attempt to disguise your feeling of entitlement to something you don't want to earn.

Cry more.

I cannot deny you raised some very good points in that, but then comes a rich kid and buys all houses with his daddy's money. Did he earned that, it took him any amount of effort? I think not! ZO$ only wants profit and it is gonna get it.

Paying money for time shortcuts is kind of typical in a b2p/f2p game. Just be grateful they are not selling crown store exclusive platinum armor.

I have some questions for you now, I've been playing this game for over 1 year and spent a lot of time trying to save gold for the houses. And yet I won't be able to buy the one I want because it is around 3 million and I don't have that much yet, and I don't want all of them I'm just asking for 1 of them... Do you think I didn't earn it for playing for this long? Do you really think that I feel entitled to having one? No I'm just really pissed that they are gonna make it availiable in the crown store. If they wanted you to have earned it they would not profit on it. They didn't make it so expensive to 98% of the players because they want you to earn it, they want you to give up and open your wallet. Is it wrong to want to have nice things in life? No it is not, and for most people, me included, they play games to get away from reality, and that is the place where they can have things that they could never have in real life. And ZO$ is taking it away just because they want even more money.
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game for over 1 year and spent a lot of time trying to save gold

L2P issue
    4 millions of gold its maximum 3 weeks of lazy tradiing

• Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't play the market game, there are plenty of lower tier houses for that. Hate how some people are so entitled to believe everyone should be handed the best stuff when they don't want to put the time in to earn it. You have no idea how much time some of us put into crafting and selling, and now you believe it's not fair that you can't get our rewards. Seriously, buy a low cost house and be happy with it. If everyone had a manor, why even have low end houses? Smh.

Housing is not "your" reward. It is not an elitist trophy. Housing is game content that should be available to everyone with a reasonable costs. The average player should be able to buy a small or a medium house with little to no effort. Large houses should require a little work. Manors, I have to agree should be a good investment or crown store. Housing as it is on PTR is way over priced. Small/Medium/Large need to have the prices cut in half. Honestly I am not sure about the price point for Manors.

Housing is not a trophy, but game content. The days that houses are for the uber elitists are over. A lot of games, have housing very easily accessible. For example; SWTOR, BDO, LOTRO. In reality when you have only 1% of the population enjoying content, what do you think will happen to the other 99%. They will unsub or stop playing. If I can not access the content, why play it. One percent of the population can not keep this game viable and successful. Housing is content. Not a trophy.

You are out of touch with reality. Several illogical statements lead me to believe you are delusional. First off, housing IS available to everyone, at various prices. Just like gold armor, you have to *** earn them. Second off, housing size IS a trophy and game content. It can be both. The houses are as much a trophy as gold armor and champion points. You earn them. Third, all the features of the higher tier houses are essentially available in the lower tier as well. The only reason people are complaining about the manor prices is because of their own ego. And finally, if you can not access the content, too *** bad. Not everyone becomes emperor and gets to enjoy stat bonuses either. Your arguements make no sense, and are a pathetic attempt to disguise your feeling of entitlement to something you don't want to earn.

Cry more.

I cannot deny you raised some very good points in that, but then comes a rich kid and buys all houses with his daddy's money. Did he earned that, it took him any amount of effort? I think not! ZO$ only wants profit and it is gonna get it.

Paying money for time shortcuts is kind of typical in a b2p/f2p game. Just be grateful they are not selling crown store exclusive platinum armor.

I have some questions for you now, I've been playing this game for over 1 year and spent a lot of time trying to save gold for the houses. And yet I won't be able to buy the one I want because it is around 3 million and I don't have that much yet, and I don't want all of them I'm just asking for 1 of them... Do you think I didn't earn it for playing for this long? Do you really think that I feel entitled to having one? No I'm just really pissed that they are gonna make it availiable in the crown store. If they wanted you to have earned it they would not profit on it. They didn't make it so expensive to 98% of the players because they want you to earn it, they want you to give up and open your wallet. Is it wrong to want to have nice things in life? No it is not, and for most people, me included, they play games to get away from reality, and that is the place where they can have things that they could never have in real life. And ZO$ is taking it away just because they want even more money.

You've earned a very nice room at the inn. Take a look at the link in my signature. Do you think I knew anyone in any of my guilds before I played this game? Wasn't even hard to join them, and over time I invested in crafting sets and I shop for materials almost daily to make them. Earning gold takes that amount of effort, and if you're not willing to put it in, just accept the smaller house. You only want the manor for prestige, however you didn't earn it. Your other option is to shell out some real money to shortcut that effort if you really have to have the best property, but try to understand that there are smaller houses that do pretty much the same thing and this obsession with getting the best one is purely ego. It's fine to want the best stuff, but if you don't have to work for it, what makes it any different than a smaller house besides the name of it? Nothing. It's just a virtual set of pixels with a title, and that title holds its value in how much it cost to get.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on January 7, 2017 11:01PM
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭

Cry more.

You've earned a very nice room at the inn. Take a look at the link in my signature. Do you think I knew anyone in any of my guilds before I played this game? Wasn't even hard to join them, and over time I invested in crafting sets and I shop for materials almost daily to make them. Earning gold takes that amount of effort, and if you're not willing to put it in, just accept the smaller house. You only want the manor for prestige, however you didn't earn it. Your other option is to shell out some real money to shortcut that effort if you really have to have the best property, but try to understand that there are smaller houses that do pretty much the same thing and this obsession with getting the best one is purely ego. It's fine to want the best stuff, but if you don't have to work for it, what makes it any different than a smaller house besides the name of it? Nothing. It's just a virtual set of pixels with a title, and that title holds its value in how much it cost to get.

You see you did not read what I wrote, but that is not important because you are the kind of person that think you are always right and not open to accept anything other than what you want. I did not sit in my horse and looked at the scenary for 1 year, I did all those things you did but you seem to be rng lucky? Who knows, but the rich kid that is gonna buy all houses will not put ANY effort into it. The kind of effort YOU seem to have made. So yes, you might say you earned it, so did I, but that kid didn't. And that is what I am pissed about...
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cry more.

You see you did not read what I wrote, but that is not important because you are the kind of person that think you are always right and not open to accept anything other than what you want. I did not sit in my horse and looked at the scenary for 1 year, I did all those things you did but you seem to be rng lucky? Who knows, but the rich kid that is gonna buy all houses will not put ANY effort into it. The kind of effort YOU seem to have made. So yes, you might say you earned it, so did I, but that kid didn't. And that is what I am pissed about...

Cash shop time shortcuts are out of our control. Of course I don't like that they are selling the cosmetic title that some of us have worked for, however my purchase with the games currency is still meaningful because I know I didn't have to take that shortcut. This all just reminds me of GTA:Online cash cards. The apartments and vehicles were extremely expensive, and would take countless hours to grind the cash for. Or players could buy cash cards to take a shortcut. No matter how someone got the item, it still had some importance because you either had to pay in time or in real money, so not everyone would have everything. Of course, money glitches and hackers killed any sense of achievement in that game, but this game has a pretty clean economy so these houses will still have some prestige to them. Anyways, if I didn't play the market, I really would just be happy with a smaller house, however I plan to buy daggerfall manor because it fits my characters persona. Hope you realize it's just a game, so try to enjoy whatever you can get. What I'm really happy about is that they are able to be purchased for the games currency at all. For awhile, there was speculation about them being only in the crown store. When they announced that they would be buyable through the games gold, I assumed they would be around 10 million for a mansion, so they're actually cheaper than what I was worried they would be. However, it's probably not too late for them to add in 10 million gold palaces. I'll just be happy in Daggerfall. Back before we knew anything about the housing, there was a poll on where you might choose to buy a house. I chose Daggerfall because I've always liked it there.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on January 8, 2017 12:44AM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh... in real life there are athletes and celebrities who are basically what you are talking abou

Ugh if some of us wanted to deal with crap of real life we wouldn't spend time and money on a game. The whole point is to escape.
    I've been playing this game for over 1 year and spent a lot of time trying to save gold

L2P issue

here are multiple people who've been lazy trading for more than 3 weeks and never got 4 millions to prove you wrong. Moreover, there are people who traded not so lazily and still don't make as much.

Have hundreds of days /played. That time mostly spent on doing content. Do have money for a manor, but not for all of them. It's not L2P. I traded a little bit to just to have some stable income, but it's nowhere close to 25mil which I need to have to unlock houses. For that to happen one need to trade a lot and consistently. But in that case, why play the game if it becomes a job? If you need to spend multiple hours a week doing something boring, where you don't fight anything and aren't playing the game, but doing something mundane and which you could be doing in any other game or IRL?

[minor edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 8, 2017 8:04PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Seriously, just report him and move on :) )

More on-topic: I'm not a fan of the cash-shop short cuts for furnishing. It feels like whoever is IRL richest gets the best place.

[edited to remove ref to quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 8, 2017 9:13PM
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue

Have hundreds of days /played. That time mostly spent on doing content. Do have money for a manor, but not for all of them. It's not L2P. I traded a little bit to just to have some stable income, but it's nowhere close to 25mil which I need to have to unlock houses. For that to happen one need to trade a lot and consistently. But in that case, why play the game if it becomes a job? If you need to spend multiple hours a week doing something boring, where you don't fight anything and aren't playing the game, but doing something mundane and which you could be doing in any other game or IRL?

Nah.

[edited to remove ref to quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 8, 2017 9:10PM
  • castigulaub17_ESO
    Several illogical statements lead me to believe you are delusional. First off, housing IS available to everyone, at various prices. Just like gold armor, you have to *** earn them. Second off, housing size IS a trophy and game content. It can be both. The houses are as much a trophy as gold armor and champion points. You earn them. Third, all the features of the higher tier houses are essentially available in the lower tier as well. The only reason people are complaining about the manor prices is because of their own ego. And finally, if you can not access the content, too bad. Not everyone becomes emperor and gets to enjoy stat bonuses either. Your arguements make no sense, and are an attempt to disguise the fact that you just you don't want to earn it.

wow, just wow. That is how you respond to a post. With insults. If you can not have a mature conversation, don't post.

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 8, 2017 8:01PM
  • castigulaub17_ESO
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Considering housing is not an in game requirement (i.e. you can play and complete everything in the game without it), why does any of it actually need to easily affordable?
    Attainable yes, but easily affordable, no.

I am not saying I will by a manor house but it is nice to know that there are things I can actually use my gold for if I want to. But for those without the time, or desire, to make gold in game, you will be able to hand over your hard earned cash and get one in the Crown Store.

You are thinking about housing the wrong way, it's not a requirement, but game content. Yes it should be accessible to everyone who plays. This is not content for some, but for all.
    Can the same be said for Maelstrom weapons?

I would guess that more than 50% of people who play (or have ever played) this game, would not be capable of completing vMSA. Following your reasoning, everyone should be able to get one of these, even though they do not need it, without putting in too much effort.

I can imagine the outcry that would come if people protested and wanted an easy way to get a maelstrom weapon.

That is a good point, but end game weapons are not the same as housing. I think you are still thinking of housing as some kind of end game elitist symbol. Its not. It's content, that for the livelihood of the game, should be accessible by all. A lot of other games are indeed making housing accessible to all, so it can be enjoyed by all. This will help with player retention. I am not talking about Manors, those are a special issue. I understand that might indeed be the status symbol people might want.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Honestly I think large houses and manors prices should be doubled. No, I don't have that amount (neither my guild), but those kind of homes should be just really rare. Larges for stable guilds, manors for prospering trade guilds with lots of income.

Boo, hiss.

Sorry :)
  • castigulaub17_ESO
    BDO
    in BDO houses only need to play on the stock market

and ONLY ONE player who is on top of house rating can use stock market

*** many houses in BDO?
    lets say 500?

only 500 LITE PLAYERS can use houses for their direct purpose in game - stock market

in ESO there is unlimited number of players who can buy manors

so your arguments invalid

i guess same about swtor or lotro houses

I think you should do more research before you post. You mentioned only one feature, which isn't even all that good. That is not the point of housing. You can have multiple houses in the game for residency or workshops and refineries. That is the purpose of housing in that game. Housing serves as both homes and as a manufacturing empire if you choose. Its one of the better features in the game. Best part ; it is very easily accessible by all players. You use in game points you earn to purchase the homes. If you sell the property you get those points back. It doesn't cost game money.

What was the point of your post? To prove my wrong by one false aspect of another games housing. My point is that housing is best, if it is accessible by everyone with out crazy over priced pay gates. Only people really upset are the elitists that want to lord over all the little people in game. All that will do is make people stop playing. The 1% elitist can not support this game. This content needs to appeal and be accessible by the masses.
    To be clear I am only speaking of small/med/large housing, not manors. That can be the status symbol the elitist desperately needs.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had to remove a couple of comments including troll-calling which is against our rules for shaming. We understand that people have strong opinions on this discussion on either side however we ask that you please make your response without insulting and antagonizing. There are some really good opinions on either side of this talk and we'd like this discussion to keep going.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Considering housing is not an in game requirement (i.e. you can play and complete everything in the game without it), why does any of it actually need to easily affordable?
    Attainable yes, but easily affordable, no.

I am not saying I will by a manor house but it is nice to know that there are things I can actually use my gold for if I want to. But for those without the time, or desire, to make gold in game, you will be able to hand over your hard earned cash and get one in the Crown Store.

You can't complete everything without it. It will have achievements and titles associated with it.
    @OrphanHelgen its not alot for good traders
    look at MM data
    some people doint 5+ millions PER WEEK

You mean sell that much. They make less. They buy and resell and the amount of money they actually make is just X% of what they invested.
    Ilawynde wrote: »
    For those not happy about the house pricing........................dont buy it!

Deal with it!
    Not an option. Must complete all the achievements and get titles - that's how you know you completed something. Yes, there's a big portion of players who care about achievements and what you said is simply not an option.
    Based on your definition of completion, I have probably never completed anything in my life. You do not need a manor house to defeat Molag Bal, complete a no death run in vMSA, complete all quests, dungeons and trials, or be Emperor.

For anyone who feels they must get all the in game achievements, it is up to them to work hard to do it, it is not ZOS' job to make it easy for them, just achievable. It would still be achievable if manor houses were 20 mil each, just harder to achieve.

And I make 200k a week without actually buying anything to on sell.

Yes, based on my definition you didn't complete much. But not nothign at all, your achievements show your progress, I'm sure the score is not 0.

And no, I don't need a manor to defeat molag bal, but I also don't need to defeat molag bal to have a house. You also don't need to be an Emperor to defeat molag bal and vice versa. They are all different achievements and are completed separately. So what was your point? Are we just stating obvious things here that two unrelated things are unrelated? They are two different pieces that I need to complete. Unless I complete them all, I can't say everything can be completed.
    My point is that all in game achievements can be completed if you focus your efforts correctly. Therefore, no matter how hard or time consuming they are, they are not out of reach.

It is possible to earn/steal/save 3.8 million in gold to buy a manor house and collect whatever achievement that might come with it. If someone does not want to put their efforts into this, they have no right to say it is out of reach or can not be completed.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick and tired of ESO being so out of touch with reality. I am loosing my faith that this game will ever become what I thought it might be.

This game is really starting get on my nerves.

Yes, I also think that these properties are underpriced :)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the price of the private island,I should be able to walk completely around it and jump off the top into lava. :p
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the title but purchasing 3 manors in crowns seems like... a pain.

I'll take my island from the crown store...

Stuff paying 3.8mill in game gold lol...

I see the mounts in crown store for $50.00 the 3.8million will be higher than $50.00 that's for sure.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is that all in game achievements can be completed if you focus your efforts correctly. Therefore, no matter how hard or time consuming they are, they are not out of reach.

It is possible to earn/steal/save 3.8 million in gold to buy a manor house and collect whatever achievement that might come with it. If someone does not want to put their efforts into this, they have no right to say it is out of reach or can not be completed.

No there's a huge difference. You can't get there just by playing the game or playing the game well. You need to specifically farm gold, scan stores for deals, trade, trade, trade. That's nothing like getting,say, flawless conqueror where it all depends on your skill AND by getting it you are actually playing the game and becoming a better player.

Don't you see the difference?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No there's a huge difference. You can't get there just by playing the game or playing the game well. You need to specifically farm gold, scan stores for deals, trade, trade, trade. That's nothing like getting,say, flawless conqueror where it all depends on your skill AND by getting it you are actually playing the game and becoming a better player.

For some people, playing the economy is playing the game and becoming a better player.

For the same reason that the economy players might choose not to also chase flawless conqueror... the people whose primary interest is in combat may well choose not to play the trading game. They can be entirely different approaches to ESO, and both are valid.

So why not get a free manor if you get flawless conqueror? Or some other combat based achievement? I suspect that its for the same reason that some items are only available through trials, or dungeons, or from IC... they are a feature of the part of the game they were designed for.

There are a range of properties available for a range of prices.On top of that, everyone can get one for free (the inn room). Are the bigger ones geared towards the people who spent time capitalising on the guild traders (or other activities) to make money? Yep. Why? Because they did spent the time to make that money.

Not everyone is going to be able to buy the largest houses in a reasonable amount of time (although as long as their activities make a net profit it remains a possibility), and that is isn't necessarily a bad thing to my mind. Everyone should be able to afford something, and with prices starting from 11K that is certainly true, and there is still room for people to aspire to bigger and bigger properties if that is of interest to them (3.785M).

At the moment, I am one of the people that criticises ZOS pretty heavily... but even now I have to give credit where it is due, and the gold costs for these houses are the best decision I have seen them make for a long time.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No I don't.

You cannot get flawless conqueror without practice, patience and dedication to the task at the expense of other things in the game. You also have to put time (or gold) into either farming, buying or making the right armour and weapons - you usually won't do it using randomly dropped unmatched pieces of gear you pick up during normal end to end game play.

The same can be said for getting 3.8 mil in gold, it cannot be done without sacrificing other aspect/s of the game to focus on reaching this specific goal. In place of "farm gold, scan stores,...trade, trade trade" to make gold, we just substitute, "farm gear, level up the right skill lines, ...practice, practice, practice" to get flawless conqueror.

I will never get flawless conqueror because of my lack of ability, limited attention span and poor internet connections leading to slow ping rate and lag. So to me it is actually easier to get enough gold to buy a Manor house than it is to beat vMSA, with or without dying.

And while flawless conqueror might make you a better solo combatant, it can be put up for debate about it making you a better player. Many a flawless conqueror has had problems coming back to group content where they have to work with a group of other randomly skilled players towards a common goal.

Some people would say that it also takes skill to be a good merchant and gold maker. Different strokes for different folks - we have different pleasures in the game and the games provides us with a variety of things to do.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vakromcuthgrand

I've put 700 hours into this game. I don't and will never have that kind of gold.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    I was curious to see how much gold it would be to buy every house and manor.

Small houses: 675,000
    Medium houses: 2,778,000
    Large houses: 11,000,000
    Manors: 11,340,000
    Owning every property available for gold: 25,793,000

25,793,000 gold. Time to steal absolutely everything in Tamriel.

Erm, why exactly would you want to buy all the houses?
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the housing prices are more than fair and offer a range of options. I've been saving for housing ever since I heard they were coming. Unfortunately for me, I happened to have fallen "in love" with the bat cave... um.. craglorn cave, and am just hoping the crown store price won't be astronomical. If the crown store price for the Craglorn cave ends up being too expensive, I'll have to settle for something else, but whatever that might end up being, I won't have a problem with how much it will cost in gold. The housing prices are reasonable imho.
  • voreo
    voreo
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with the prices is getting past a certain point almost certainly requires a trade guild.
    That trade system is still frustrating to me since the best spot ones are a pain to even get into.
    Argonian Dragonknight

~Rawr
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe khajiit is a little cynical yes.

It does feel yes as though the pricing and availability throughout this system is designed to push the traveller towards the instant option of purchasing houses and furnishings though the crown store instead.

This is perhaps the drip drip khajiit warned about that began in earnest with the con crates. When the design begins to focus and skew on the push to the store rather than the store being something on the side that is incidental to how Tamriel it works.

Something is introduced in game but that thing is very rare or expensive or time consuming to obtain. Lo and behold the same thing can be obtained in the store so much more easily if you will only open your wallet again and again.

The same for the very high xp potion - no nothing in the store amounts to an advantage in Tamriel because it can be obtained in the game - but with such rarity as to only be obtained by incredible chance.

Khajiit is wise to this. This one will be happy with a little room at The Rosy Lion for now. Khajiit will furnish it with whatever she happens to get along her usual journey. No wind and rain and trampling feet on this one as she sleeps. Good enough for this one for now while she seeks to make a little coin for something better.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've put 700 hours into this game. I don't and will never have that kind of gold.

Someone might put 700 hours into vet dungeons, but it will not make them emperor. You removed the context of which activity I was referring to with regards to putting in time. There's a player who sits in Rawl zone chat for hours every day. He's also putting time in. Please pay attention to context. If you put 700 hours into playing the market and you don't have 5 million or more in wealth, then you must be giving stuff away for free.

Caps so people understand:
    PLAYING THE MARKET IS PART OF THE GAME. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE, THATS NO ONES FAULT BUT YOUR OWN.

And besides the point above, there are plenty of houses for players who choose not to play the market. This entitlement to the best housing is purely ego, which unlike the PvP player who might feel entitled to a monster helm just for playing PvP, you can't raise any point about these houses giving any kind of advantage at all. They are cosmetic and people need to get over it. Some of us played the market game and deserve to have nice rewards for it. Others are just jealous that they didn't, and want to spoil it for everyone.

[Snip]
    [Edited to remove baiting comment.]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 9, 2017 4:14PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting to see how much they cost in the crown store before deciding whether the prices are intended to push people to buy from there. It wouldn't surprise me if they're prohibitively expensive on there as well and suddenly the gold prices look much more reasonable.

But I still don't think the gold prices are that bad. It makes sense to me that a house would be one of the most expensive things we can buy, especially the larger houses and the manors. I admit I did the same thing as a lot of people - loading up the PTS, checking out the million gold houses and then being hit with the reality that I'll have to save up for a small house so I should probably forget about a big one. But I'm actually fine with that.

Someone earlier was saying this is content and so should be accessible to everyone, but to my mind it's a combination of content and reward - the content is the functionality of having a space to decorate and the reward is having a bigger, nicer space and more objects to decorate with.

Think of it like any other update. Would you expect to buy Orsinium and immediately jump straight to the city in it's rebuilt state, be told you've saved the orcs and you've got the costumes and all the other rewards right away? Of course not, you know that you're buying the opportunity to earn them.

It's the same here (except you don't have to pay to access the content): the update gives you access to a house - right now you cannot own a home anywhere in Tamriel no matter what you do or how much you pay. The update changes that, by allowing you to obtain one (or more), but it does not give it to you, you still have to earn the gold and complete the achievements (or pay crowns).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm okey with the castles costing a couple million, though 3.5 mil seems a bit excessive.

However the rest of the housing is way too expensive. I've been playing since launch (albeit with long breaks of 6 months at a time) champion rank 260 or so, and barely got 200.000 gold. Which basically means I could buy a small house.
    I hate to think at which point I'd be able to buy a large house. In the year 2023 maybe? Let alone castles.

I'd suggest dropping the cost of all the houses by 30% so us lesser mortals who don't spend 24/7 in Rawl'kha can own something nice as well. Even with such lower prices getting anything higher than a medium house will still be a time-consuming challenge.

Edited by LordTareq on January 9, 2017 11:13AM
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with the house prices. I actually thought that they would be more costly. I feel it's only good that people have something to strive for. Earning gold in this game is actually quite easy.

I'm not that fond of the crown store. I an my ideal game everything should be achievable ingame, but I understand that this is a business and I choose to accept that.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voreo wrote: »
    My problem with the prices is getting past a certain point almost certainly requires a trade guild.
    That trade system is still frustrating to me since the best spot ones are a pain to even get into.

I don't know where you play, but good trading guilds are advertising for players all the time
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!