The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Housing too expensive

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was curious to see how much gold it would be to buy every house and manor.

Small houses: 675,000
    Medium houses: 2,778,000
    Large houses: 11,000,000
    Manors: 11,340,000
    Owning every property available for gold: 25,793,000

25,793,000 gold. Time to steal absolutely everything in Tamriel.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »

Its alot. I have been playing non stop since release and have around 7 mill only. Do you know how much crowns it will cost to buy every single house for crowns?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering housing is not an in game requirement (i.e. you can play and complete everything in the game without it), why does any of it actually need to easily affordable?
    Attainable yes, but easily affordable, no.

I am not saying I will by a manor house but it is nice to know that there are things I can actually use my gold for if I want to. But for those without the time, or desire, to make gold in game, you will be able to hand over your hard earned cash and get one in the Crown Store.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a person who only has ~10k on average in my pockets, I would much rather have the mansions be at 1 mil each. I can make like 100k a week, so give it 10 weeks I could afford one.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run up between 200k to 300k per week.

Will be eyeing the hpuses and definitely buying more than a few and any free apts for as many as can get them

But depending on what it gains me, might also go in together with several for mansions.

Hard to say.

But i am vety curious about storage which they sspaid wont be in at launch but may come later. Might well hold and stockpile gold until i see how that plays out.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    @OrphanHelgen its not alot for good traders
    look at MM data
    some people doint 5+ millions PER WEEK
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »

Its alot. I have been playing non stop since release and have around 7 mill only. Do you know how much crowns it will cost to buy every single house for crowns?

Nope, not yet. Everything in the store on the pts always costs one crown. I suspect we won't know until it hits live.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    housing is expensive .... well lets face it if they was dirt cheap how would zeni make any $$$$$$ all them filthy casuals would just grind for a few hours and buy with gold ... by making them expensive all those filthy casuals will most likely be opening up the credit card !!!

i endorse this method if they develope some real gritty content ...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    The best houses obviously need to cost a bit, but 3 mil gold? I have 60k on a good day, how the hell are normal people that don't play 100+ hours a week supposed to come up with that kind of gold?

If you don't play a lot why do you need a big house anyway. Btw I don't play 100+ a week and I keep about 2 mil worth of gold banked.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Makes careful note of everyone who says they have oodles of the gold ...*

Hello. This one is Santie Claws. Interior decorator.

Khajiit would like permission to visit your house to check that everything looks beautiful.

The design and construction of wherever you keep all that money is most particularly important.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

(no relation to Santie Claws noted drunkard and collector of things from Wayrest Castle)
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop being poor.

Problem solved.
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    For those not happy about the house pricing........................dont buy it!

We have survived just fine without it since launch.

There are players with 100's of millions of gold all the way down to players with nothing.

IMHO ZOS knows exactly EVERYTHING about each one of us playing the game.

They know what they can charge, what the community will tolerate and what it will not.

They are in this to MAKE MONEY......NOT MAKE FRIENDS!

THEY are in complete control of every facet of this game.

Deal with it!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilawynde wrote: »

We have survived just fine without it since launch.

There are players with 100's of millions of gold all the way down to players with nothing.

IMHO ZOS knows exactly EVERYTHING about each one of us playing the game.

They know what they can charge, what the community will tolerate and what it will not.

They are in this to MAKE MONEY......NOT MAKE FRIENDS!

THEY are in complete control of every facet of this game.

Deal with it!

Not a huge fan of this argument.

Yes, they are in control of this game, yes we have to deal with the end product. But we also can let them know(sometimes strenuously) that we think they are making a mistake. And if enough people do, they usually take that into consideration, because, as you said, they are in it to make money.

Personally? I like the prices. I like playing the 'how much gold can I make' game. But not everyone does and telling them to just 'deal with it' is short-sighted.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Considering housing is not an in game requirement (i.e. you can play and complete everything in the game without it), why does any of it actually need to easily affordable?

I am not saying I will by a manor house but it is nice to know that there are things I can actually use my gold for if I want to. But for those without the time, or desire, to make gold in game, you will be able to hand over your hard earned cash and get one in the Crown Store.

You can't complete everything without it. It will have achievements and titles associated with it.
    look at MM data

You mean sell that much. They make less. They buy and resell and the amount of money they actually make is just X% of what they invested.

Deal with it!
    Not an option. Must complete all the achievements and get titles - that's how you know you completed something. Yes, there's a big portion of players who care about achievements and what you said is simply not an option.
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

You mean sell that much. They make less. They buy and resell and the amount of money they actually make is just X% of what they invested.

whatever
    bought for 1m
    sold for 5m
    4m profit

and its in top of traders list in mm in any big guild
    or more
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

You can't complete everything without it. It will have achievements and titles associated with it.
    look at MM data

Deal with it!
    Not an option. Must complete all the achievements and get titles - that's how you know you completed something. Yes, there's a big portion of players who care about achievements and what you said is simply not an option.
    Based on your definition of completion, I have probably never completed anything in my life. You do not need a manor house to defeat Molag Bal, complete a no death run in vMSA, complete all quests, dungeons and trials, or be Emperor.

For anyone who feels they must get all the in game achievements, it is up to them to work hard to do it, it is not ZOS' job to make it easy for them, just achievable. It would still be achievable if manor houses were 20 mil each, just harder to achieve.

And I make 200k a week without actually buying anything to on sell.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Makes careful note of everyone who says they have oodles of the gold ...*

Hello. This one is Santie Claws. Interior decorator.

Khajiit would like permission to visit your house to check that everything looks beautiful.

The design and construction of wherever you keep all that money is most particularly important.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

(no relation to Santie Claws noted drunkard and collector of things from Wayrest Castle)
    Sorry to disappoint Santie, but those of us that have 'oodles' of gold don't fritter it away on pretty things like decorations, otherwise we wouldn't have all that gold :D

If, and that is a big if, I were to spend some of my hard earned gold on a manor house, you would probably find it sparsely furnished and poorly decorated, if at all, because these are luxuries a miserly old git like myself can live without.

Who needs pretty decorations with all of that shiny gold to brighten up our lives? >:)
  • BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has enough gold to buy a manor, I probably won't do it anyways. I don't see the point in owning a house if it doesn't give me any storage options. I will probably rock the free piece of crap 5x5 jail cell they give us and not look back. If/when storage becomes a thing I will probably buy a house, but until then it's pretty dumb. Owning a house doesn't do anything for me in it's current state.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    House prices are what i expected... they look good
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    I like playing the 'how much gold can I make' game. But not everyone does and telling them to just 'deal with it' is short-sighted.
    Yeah, I'm a recreational thief in between questing & I have around 100K in gold banked which I usually spend on shineys from guild traders.

The 300K range homes are doable to my play style, but to have 1m - 3m in game gold I would need to change the WAY I PLAY.
    I'm not likely to become a member of the Merchant Class, so those homes will probably be out of my reach.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try buying a house in real life...
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

whatever
    bought for 1m
    sold for 5m
    4m profit

and its in top of traders list in mm in any big guild
    or more

That never or almost never happened. You usually make more like 20% of what you invest.

And yes, I have a rawlkha guild. Top people there always spam buying X selling Y. Pure profit is not what you said.

Either way, it's only a few people doing that. Most people who actually play the game don't usually have time for that.
    Edited by Artis on January 5, 2017 11:12PM
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    lol you are wrong
    i will post MM screens tomorrow
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably more difficult to earn the emperor achievement than it is to earn the necessary 12 mil in gold for the count title. Using the argument that it has an achievement attached to it is meaningless. Yes, it's an achievement. So what? Play the market if you want to earn it.

And this entitlement idea that it's somehow unfair... wtf? You don't need a *** manor. There are a bunch of houses to choose from. Expecting the best but not wanting to earn it is pure entitled bull, and it's just disgusting. I'm glad you won't be getting a manor because you haven't earned it, and crying about it should not be rewarded.

Seriously, just L2P whiny scrubs.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on January 5, 2017 11:25PM
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the thing is that in real life you are not some hero of a faction, known by kings and queens, recognized as having helped save tamriel from molag bal and whatever insanity was going on in your home faction. I really do feel strongly about this because in real life if that were the case, people would be giving you nice deals, uber sweet deals. They would want you to live near them because in a crazy land with crazy stuff happening, they would feel much safer with you nearby. Sure, while you are rising up, people would barely give you a coin for your work, but as you get to the top, whether or not this is accurately reflected in the game, people would actually begin to recognize you as someone who can get the job done. And I think it would be smart to give people who have a lot of achievements an opportunity to get any of these properties for less.

Everyone is talking about having all this gold but the simple truth is that nothing about this game is about being rich. It's about being a hero. And being a hero is a big deal in this game. It gives you a title. It gets you a chance to talk to the king, queen, whomever. That is what should be reflected in the price. Not the fact that you bought and sold like crazy at a merchant since start up but whether you have actually done any quests. Yes it is a way to get the house. You need that to get it, but I think if you have done more, it should be reflected in the price and give you a better one, because that is your real job or it becomes it within the reality of the game. If you dont' do jack then you pay full price but if you have gone around tamriel and done all the main quests, completed one faction or two or three then that should count for something. If you became emperor that should count for something because this is a game where the focus is actually on that stuff. Just because we found some niche that we like that really isn't even part of what the game is actually about doesn't really mean we should be rewarded. Honestly, it's almost bizarre because it has zero to do with the whole story of the game and it makes no sense that if you did a ton of quests to help your faction, to stop molag bal, to accomplish whatever, that you would not be recognized and for it have better opportunities and deals. That is how the world actually works, but instead of heroes it is celebrities. In tamriel there are no TVs, no twitter feeds but there are heroes. They would be the one being reward for their 'celebrity'.
    Edited by xXSilverDragonXx on January 5, 2017 11:23PM
  • wiz12268b14_ESO
    wiz12268b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People saying the prices are fine obviously havent thought about furnishing them. Which is semi unknown at least on the buying them furnished to start with. But the mini game of obtaining furniture is going to be another cost all unto itself and depending on how elaborate you want the digs to be could more than double even the most expensive house.

Its very clear they want people to buy houses with crowns and then furnish them with gold. Or do both with crowns.

But IMO neither option is really worth it. Once you buy one and decorate it a little bit then what? NO storage, no AH access no armor racks. Its basically a free portal to a map somewhere.

But it will surely only be a matter of time before some of that stuff (and probably more) will also be available in the crown store as a 'convenience'.

I am extremely underwhelmed with this whole addition. I know some people will go gaga because its housing but if you have experiences with other games and housing and what you can and cant do with them this one is somewhere in the middle. But because of the lack of anything that makes it useful it actually makes it less than some systems it might be better than in some ways.

Crown pricing for these is going to be very interesting THAT is really what I am waiting to see. But I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to see them want to charge 2 years worth of sub crowns (36000) for the manors. It would also go right in line with the 3.8 or so million average they are in gold.

But for that type of price they should be coming with some storage of some kind and maybe even a planter box or field to plant herbs or trees or plants for crafting. Maybe even animal pens for leather.

Potential here was unlimited, they made it about as simplistic as they could.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high rollers of ESO will be the ones with Manors, as it should be with an economy based system.

But what about the people who don't spend time being high rollers but on their skills, builds, etc.

I will invoke the Deltia example again. He is IMO a very skilled player who spends a lot of time helping others by sharing what he learns, knows and understands. He will be doing this again as soon as the PTS goes live. I however will be checking out housing, messing around with crafting and master writs while I await his word on builds and what his recommendations are for ones of his that I have used. I profit in two ways here. I profit from his hard work and I profit from my own focus on money. True capitalism at its finest. And there are other players just like Deltia, not as well known, but they help others in guilds or their friends. And then there are the ones who aren't Deltia's but that is how they play a game, not to amass a fortune but for the combat, the builds, the non gold related stuff. It feels to me like that subset is being penalized a bit with the price tags.

To me, I find the houses actually cheaper than I expected but again, I was really only thinking of myself at the time. Now that we have actual prices, I can see how this would be a bit of a downer to the gamers who have not played the market but have played the combat. The game should allow for that I feel. I guess it sounds socialist to some despite me clearly being a capitalist with a mini fortune. But again, I don't sit here and just think about me. I'd be liberal scum to many, and I don't particularly care. I think it would be nice if hardcore gamers who don't waste time on making piles of gold like me, especially those who have helped me learn how to build and play my toons, could afford a nice large home at bare minimum. Again, that's probably just me. I guess people like me will have to be the benefactors of people like Deltia as a thank you for the help they have given us. Funny that it's just the same in the game as it is in real life.

Let's be honest here, someone sent deltia $100 to buy crown crates. I'm sure the nugget army can all donate 10-50k each to him an he'll be set, heck someone will probably send him 5M gold an say keep the change.
    It's the rest of us non-youtuber endgamers that are ***.
    I guess we could all buy gold from those chinese goldsellers in rawlkha on ps4 eu and na (same website, same group obv)
    Currently selling 1M for $88 on NA although it flucuates up and down daily, i wonder what will end up cheaper buying gold from the chinese or buying crowns from ZoS lmao
    (NB i'm against buying gold for real money this is purely for the lolz)
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is talking about having all this gold but the simple truth is that nothing about this game is about being rich. It's about being a hero.
    If nothing about this game is about being rich, why does it have guilds traders?
    The game has a market economy in it, the ability for players to buy, sell and trade goods and/or services whether people like it or not.

I am extremely underwhelmed with this whole addition.
    But because of the lack of anything that makes it useful
    I was underwhelmed with the TG and DB DLC's, so I choose not to partake in their activities, even though I am a subscriber.
    I think the availability pf DPS test dummies and attuned crafting stations alone can make housing appeal to some players. If someone doesn't like housing, just leave it alone and let those who do like it get on with it.

On a side note, I would be more excited about it if there was in house storage but everyone has different tastes, so whatever floats their boat.
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BucFanJKE wrote: »
    As someone who has enough gold to buy a manor, I probably won't do it anyways. I don't see the point in owning a house if it doesn't give me any storage options. I will probably rock the free piece of crap 5x5 jail cell they give us and not look back. If/when storage becomes a thing I will probably buy a house, but until then it's pretty dumb. Owning a house doesn't do anything for me in it's current state.

I think that you will be very sad when storage is never added to housing because I highly doubt that it will be. Some people are saying that they said it may be added in the future, but I haven't seen that anywhere. They seemed pretty adamant that, aside from the banker assistant, players wouldn't have storage options for housing.

The best you may get is mannequins and display cases to display clothing and weapons. Even then, I haven't heard any plans for it - it just seems like a good choice.
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The high rollers of ESO will be the ones with Manors, as it should be with an economy based system.

But what about the people who don't spend time being high rollers but on their skills, builds, etc.

I will invoke the Deltia example again. He is IMO a very skilled player who spends a lot of time helping others by sharing what he learns, knows and understands. He will be doing this again as soon as the PTS goes live. I however will be checking out housing, messing around with crafting and master writs while I await his word on builds and what his recommendations are for ones of his that I have used. I profit in two ways here. I profit from his hard work and I profit from my own focus on money. True capitalism at its finest. And there are other players just like Deltia, not as well known, but they help others in guilds or their friends. And then there are the ones who aren't Deltia's but that is how they play a game, not to amass a fortune but for the combat, the builds, the non gold related stuff. It feels to me like that subset is being penalized a bit with the price tags.

To me, I find the houses actually cheaper than I expected but again, I was really only thinking of myself at the time. Now that we have actual prices, I can see how this would be a bit of a downer to the gamers who have not played the market but have played the combat. The game should allow for that I feel. I guess it sounds socialist to some despite me clearly being a capitalist with a mini fortune. But again, I don't sit here and just think about me. I'd be liberal scum to many, and I don't particularly care. I think it would be nice if hardcore gamers who don't waste time on making piles of gold like me, especially those who have helped me learn how to build and play my toons, could afford a nice large home at bare minimum. Again, that's probably just me. I guess people like me will have to be the benefactors of people like Deltia as a thank you for the help they have given us. Funny that it's just the same in the game as it is in real life.

If you feel this strongly, you could just send Deltia gold in-game...