The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Templar Balance Improvements

• imwargasmo
    imwargasmo
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    imwargasmo wrote: »
    Some of you people post information with nothing to back it up especially when it comes to radiant.Radiant is fine its the reason none of the players who actually play magplar in endgame pve are really complaining your going to still do great damage.Instead of 53k your know dealing 50k still doing more damage then every other spec that's not a DK.Your fine and radiant still going to melt people who are below 40% in PvP.

I know loads of people who are completely losing their *** regarding the magplar nerf. the 21% reduction in tandem with the proc set nerf(grothdarr) is going to reduce magplar DPS by a lot more than 3k; stam classes will be the go to melee DPS and sorcs will stay the go to ranged DPS, also vma will be aids and magplars will have a really hard time taking down heavy armour builds.
    Well if that's the case tell all of them to L2P because magplar are fine.For end game PVe Actually when I said 3k DPs I added in proc set DPs which is less than 10% of most builds overall DPS at most the top tier raiders will still be pulling 48k at the least and still 50k at the most.Also no raid runs stam anymore who competing for time and leaderboard its a waste because of all the issues stam have and the fact you have to cater your raid to them so they pull decent numbers.Only people who going to replace Magplar in melee is Magdk and they are the only ones in melee magplar are in medium you know how long of a range sweeps have you don't have to be in melee range to hit a boss with sweeps.If you play Magplar you would know this.The only reason sorcs are the go to range is because MagNB is just trash right now and with the needs they have I don't see them even pushing past 45k DPs now.While magplar will still be hitting 48k+.Learn you class then join the discussion only thing you actually have a valued argument for is VMA.Other then that you have nothing to back up your information with and are just assumptions. If you let a sorc or a magblade out DPs you in a magplar even with issues then just that .

Couple of points here so you can see my line of thinking.
    1. I'm aware of the range of sweeps, however they aren't ranged, so I class them as melee, there's no point adding to this, we are just splitting hairs.
    2. Alkosh, fracture, kraghs sharpened weapons and infused crusher are less than 1k off cap and easy to maintain . Stam classes can hit huge numbers; 40k + in standard BST with only pot buffs and fracture is normal; 55-60k with raid buffs is possible. That said Magplars are easier because of the concentration passive and the execute; however if the dps drops enough, people will use stam again, dks and stamblades in particular hit really hard.
    3. Over 55k dps for a magplar is possible for top raid teams however from my experience, those parses on average see around 40% of that dps is from radiant and grothdarr alone. The nerfs are going to result in around a 10% dps loss which would result in magplars being out dps'd(it's a word) by stam classes by up to 10k, meaning stam will be viable again.

Anyway, that was too much typing for my liking so lets just see how it goes :dizzy:

• Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    why did you remove stun on shard is beyond me, it's already delayed and kinda random, nerf to engine guardian, really?, how about consistency, chokethorn and sentinel of rkumgamsomething is stil repentance-able, you want us to use these crappy set instead, so you nerf engine gardian? i don't get it

Also my biggest gripe, nothing for STAMPLAR!!!!! can i get a frakin ultimate plz, i dunno even empowering sweep would be cool, keep crescent as some form of crappy magicka dawnbreaker ( :/ ) but at least give us something, passive are crap for stamplar and we don't have enough stamina morph

I'm ok with the radiant nerf, it's overperforming, but you nerf it the wrong way, range and execute treshold are the problem imho. Also that restoring aura change sounds kinda cool, but it's not like my heavy armored templar really needed more sustain, i had rune focus for that... guess we'll see a lot of ice staff, heavy armor, perma block BoL spammer in next live update... ZoS balance i guess :s
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imwargasmo wrote: »
    Some of you people post information with nothing to back it up especially when it comes to radiant.Radiant is fine its the reason none of the players who actually play magplar in endgame pve are really complaining your going to still do great damage.Instead of 53k your know dealing 50k still doing more damage then every other spec that's not a DK.Your fine and radiant still going to melt people who are below 40% in PvP.

I know loads of people who are completely losing their *** regarding the magplar nerf. the 21% reduction in tandem with the proc set nerf(grothdarr) is going to reduce magplar DPS by a lot more than 3k; stam classes will be the go to melee DPS and sorcs will stay the go to ranged DPS, also vma will be aids and magplars will have a really hard time taking down heavy armour builds.
    Well if that's the case tell all of them to L2P because magplar are fine.For end game PVe Actually when I said 3k DPs I added in proc set DPs which is less than 10% of most builds overall DPS at most the top tier raiders will still be pulling 48k at the least and still 50k at the most.Also no raid runs stam anymore who competing for time and leaderboard its a waste because of all the issues stam have and the fact you have to cater your raid to them so they pull decent numbers.Only people who going to replace Magplar in melee is Magdk and they are the only ones in melee magplar are in medium you know how long of a range sweeps have you don't have to be in melee range to hit a boss with sweeps.If you play Magplar you would know this.The only reason sorcs are the go to range is because MagNB is just trash right now and with the needs they have I don't see them even pushing past 45k DPs now.While magplar will still be hitting 48k+.Learn you class then join the discussion only thing you actually have a valued argument for is VMA.Other then that you have nothing to back up your information with and are just assumptions. If you let a sorc or a magblade out DPs you in a magplar even with issues then just that .

When did you start playing a DPS magplar, Mr. Stamblade?
    A few weeks ago a ran VMOL on it and a few other trials with it.Its stupid man I love it in PVE Still need to get 1 or two more pieces of mother sorrows or BSW and am good.I also talked to many magplar about it and they all laughed their saying ohh no more 70-80k RD ticks hello to the 65-67k ticks.The change is fine you guys are overreacting.

It's easy to say you know a lot of magplars who are fine with it. It's much harder to name those magplars.
    Its not fair you don't know them.So even if I name them if you don't know them.its no point.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Reflective Light as a snare. Problem is, it is still so easy to dodge, reflect or block
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Quick update.

The magicka steal is capped at 400 per second no matter how many enemies have the debuff on them. Also you need to be hitting the enemy with damage (Dot's also work) so it's not just a per second defacto infusion of magicka.

So you can debuff 10 enemies with the skill, and AoE them like mad, but it will still be only maximum of 400/s.

Also will work with your "allies", so I assume they mean people in your group.

edit: still is pretty nice, can go with Restoring Focus instead of Channeled Focus as long as you keep some damage on the enemy at all times.

I was thinking per enemy but capped but if that is the case, about as useless as Focus. Every other class has a magicka sustain that is easily 3 times that figure, look at Dark Conversion for the Sorc for example.

The 21% nerf to RO plus the nerfs to crits will lower our DPS quite alot, for those not running vMA weapons it will lower it drastically!

I get the feeling Stamina classes should all be running roughly the same builds hence the lack of useful Stam skills in Templar Class. More concerned about my DPS on MagPlar right now seeing it's my main, will start testing when I get home from work and advise my thoughts.
    Edited by James-Wayne on January 5, 2017 4:03AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .

Do you even test server bro?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I tested on test server and here is my feedback.

Restoring aura did not seem worth it to me. You spend magicka for nothing more than to get magicka recovery. I have better returns in live using channeled focus in stead due to it being cheaper. I think now that this ability no longer gives health and stam regen buffs and is limited to one target, it should be free to cast like repentance. Sure, its less situational since you can use it on a live target, but its just magicka now, not a 2 pool heal. One thing this skill is really good at though; is mob agro. This is a farmers dream because it will agro in a 28 meter radius! For that, I almost wish I could switch back and forth between morphs at will depending on what I was doing.

Radiant Destruction nerf: Radiant oppression is still fine with this nerf; but it hurts radiant glory a bit much. Radiant Glory was already the uncommon one to see and I feel like it will be even less so. I'd consider changing the 20% reduction from the base skill and moving it to nerf the boosted damage from amount of magicka

Blazing spear is now practically worthless for me as a ranged ability. Everything moves out of it except range caster NPCs. In PvP; it would just be situational to plop in the middle of a zerg hoping it goes unoticed but anyone with a brain is going to move out of the AOE. Please consider leaving the stun or would be really awesome to have an AOE root/snare. I'd settle for single target any of those over nothing.

• imwargasmo
    imwargasmo
    ✭✭

I'm usually levelheaded when it comes to this and maybe it's because I know you, but shut the *** up already. I'm tired of you trying to derail this thread this your "analysis" of a class you dont even play. Not one single post I have read from you has been beneficial to this thread yet and the gross misinformation you are spewing is the reason for these wide spreading nerfs to not only templars but in the game in general. 21% of 53,000 IS NOT 3000. IT IS 11,130 so new beams are hitting at 41,870 AND THAT'S IF YOU GO PURE TBS DMG AND SAY *** SUSTAIN. I dont find your "input" useful and saying your clearly bias does not excuse you for being a complete ***.

So kindly *** Off
    Dread I know you and I know you can read so read my Post what I said their overall DPS will only drop by 3000 not that RD will only deal 3000 less damage,God dam really man I know that wasn't hard for you to understand and really think I would have to explain that to you of all people.When you factor in the change of RD and combine overall a magplar entire rotation and how much damage the rest of their abilities deal their overall DPS loss is negligible with this change.Sorry your upset by the change a lot of people are but you like the rest of them are overreacting and need to take a break. So Dread please learn how to read and we won't have this issue again.

Magplar sustain is cancerous over long fights, most of the time, by execute phase you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for resources; especially in hard mode vet trials; you now need to do standard rotation to around 20% before radiant will out DPS your dots and sweeps. The only thing that makes magplars a viable option is radiant; I'll be very surprised if they stay meta in end game.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm usually levelheaded when it comes to this and maybe it's because I know you, but shut the *** up already. I'm tired of you trying to derail this thread this your "analysis" of a class you dont even play. Not one single post I have read from you has been beneficial to this thread yet and the gross misinformation you are spewing is the reason for these wide spreading nerfs to not only templars but in the game in general. 21% of 53,000 IS NOT 3000. IT IS 11,130 so new beams are hitting at 41,870 AND THAT'S IF YOU GO PURE TBS DMG AND SAY *** SUSTAIN. I dont find your "input" useful and saying your clearly bias does not excuse you for being a complete ***.

So kindly *** Off
    Dread I know you and I know you can read so read my Post what I said their overall DPS will only drop by 3000 not that RD will only deal 3000 less damage,God dam really man I know that wasn't hard for you to understand and really think I would have to explain that to you of all people.When you factor in the change of RD and combine overall a magplar entire rotation and how much damage the rest of their abilities deal their overall DPS loss is negligible with this change.Sorry your upset by the change a lot of people are but you like the rest of them are overreacting and need to take a break. So Dread please learn how to read and we won't have this issue again.

Why would I trust your hypothetical numbers? I've seen you do math before B)

A lot of a magplars pve dps numbers come from the execute phase. I find it hard to believe that a 21% nerf to a magplars biggest burst damage will only result in a 3k dps decrease.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't remove the cc from blazing spear. It's our only effective stun aside from top charge which only works half the time.

Instead of nerfing the damage of radiant just reduce the distance. I'm more than confidant most people can agree to that.

Give stamplar more utility and cost reduction for jabs. Also maybe make some of the passive viable because as of now there's pretty much 1 skill line for them and they're only playable in heavy.
    They should reduce the range and the keep the 21% damage nerf to Radiant you will still do great damage in PVE,it just balance the skill in PVP more.

Lol I can't even find a response to this ><
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are stamina templars not going to do well in pvp now?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo...

Anyone have a picture of the new tooltip damage on backlash? That'd be great!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina is still solid for PVE and PVP but Magicka is losting over and over, first Sorcerer then magplar and MNB
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 5, 2017 8:56AM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is still solid for PVE and PVp but Magicka is lostig over and over, first Sorcerer then magplar and MNB

Well, I believe all stamplars in trials and cyrodiil will disagree with your statement "stamina is still solid in pve and pvp". You can ask them. Oh, wait... there are no stamplars in trials and cyrodiil....
    Edited by Czirne on January 5, 2017 7:34AM
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revert damage reduction change to radiant destruction - lessen the range instead.

Revert change to take away the stun from spears.

Reduce cost for jabs - stamplar needs love not nerfs

Other changes - not for sure yet, will update once I test them or not at all if they're fine.
    Edited by The_Undefined on January 5, 2017 7:36AM
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of reducing Radiant dmg by 21% then reduce dmg by range which is the major complaint in pvp. The longer range the less dmg. Also lower threshold from 50% to 30% so its more in conjunction of other executes.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna repost and edit something that I posted in another templar thread:

I really didn't see the blazing spear nerf coming. I mean, that ability, together with caltrops/ritual of retribution was my only real way of (kinda) being able to control trash mobs on my templar tank, while also building some AoE aggro. How could you remove a stun from an already CC deprived class?!

I guess my tank will be running around like a headless chicken now trying to taunt every mob in an attempt to keep everything together. What a joke!

Tell me zenimax, how do I control adds now? It was already hard, but now it will feel even more clunky. Do you really want templars to have no CC? First the removal of blinding flashes, now even spamming blazing spear isn't an option any more. I'm seriously put down by this change.

Also, LOL!! You nerfed healing ritual.... Seriously? What the actual... that is just GENIUS! One of the most useless abilities in the game, if not the most useless, and you nerfed it.... I would seriously want to know what went through your mind when you decided the healing needed nerfed. If anything, this ability needs an entire rework. The movement "buff" means absolutely nothing. The cast time is still there. It is not reliable, people will still hate you for using it. People will get killed because you use it. A heal with a cast time has no place in a game as fast paced such as this.
  • CylindricalBox
    CylindricalBox
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I would like to thank the developers for working with the community on the PTS. Thanks y'all :smile:.

With the changes to Blazing Spear, Magicka Templar now, like Stamina Templar, only has a single reliable stun, Piercing Javelin. Please consider reinstating the stun on Blazing Spear, as it is essential to the PVP Templar kit. Perhaps also reduce the cost of Javelin.

On a more controversial note, I don't think the changes to Radiant Destruction are appropriate. The damage nerf is not an effective fix to the skill in PVP and will very negatively impact Templars in PVE, as the skill is one of the highest DPS abilities in a Magicka Templar's kit. The problem with the ability is not the damage, but rather the range. Since Radiant Destruction has a 28 meter range, or in other words, the longest ranged skill radius, it is very easy to cast it at max range with impunity. Compounding this, the ability is also buffed by the Reach PVP passive, giving it another 5 meters of range. Please consider reverting the damage nerf and reducing the range of the skill from 28 meters down to 10-14 meters. This would not impact PVE and will work to increase the risk of casting while also denying long range sniping J-Beamers.

A few weeks ago, I outlined the dominant problems of Stamina Templar in this post. @Liam12548 is absolutely spot-on in summarizing these issues:
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Templars lack any passives useful to stamina, aside from the 4% general cost reduction and %6 damage. We need better passives!
    Templar's Restoring Spirit (4% Magicka, Stamina, and Ultimate cost reduction), does not compare well to Sorcerer's Power Stone (15% Ultimate cost reduction) and Unholy Knowledge (5% Magicka and Stamina cost reduction). Looking at the history of the skill, it makes sense why it's a bit of an afterthought in its current state. This passive used to return Magicka when abilities were cast before it was nerfed in March 2014. Consider reverting the passive to restore a percentage of an ability's cost on cast, or make the passive restore a very small percentage of the caster's highest resource when casting Templar abilities.

Templar's Balanced Warrior (6% Weapon Damage), is outclassed by passives like Nightblade's Pressure Points (3% Weapon Critical per Assassination ability on bar = huge), Sorcerer's Energized (5% more Physical Damage) and Expert Mage (2% Weapon Damage per Sorcerer ability slotted), and Dragonknight's Mountain's Blessing (5% Weapon Damage in the form of Minor Brutality and 3 Ultimate in parallel with Helping Hands' 5% Stamina return).

Templar's Prism (using a Dawn's Wrath ability grants 3 additional Ultimate with 6 second cooldown) and Illuminate (5% Spell Damage in the form of Minor Sorcery) are quite literally the equivalent of Dragonknight's Mountain's Blessing separated into two passives. Why?

Please consider buffing or changing Balanced Warrior, Burning Light, Enduring Rays, Prism, Illuminate, and Restoring Spirit to bring Templar in line with the other classes and to better support the class' damage-dealing potential.
    Templars major ward/resolve buff, r7ne focus, is a ground based buff.
    You need to stand in it every 8 seconds to get the buff. This restricts movement severely which is vital to stamplars, especially in pvp.

Biting jabs is VERY innacurate against moving targets (specifically players in pvp), and the cost MUST BE reduced so that it is on part with other stam dps skills (surprise attack, flurry).
    I mentioned these points in my post and I'm quoting this here for emphasis. Please consider making Restoring Focus a self buff rather than a placeable aura. Also, there's an entire section in my post regarding Biting Jabs too, so please check that out devs and fellow players. Here's the link again. Thanks again.
    Box a.k.a. Ferdowsi (PC NA)
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar PvP sets from IC will be out of control this patch. New wave of cancer will be 5 Reactive/ 5 Black Rose 2 Malubeth....Templars will be incredibly hard to kill. Sword and Board doubled up on the bars...this is really bad to give Templars access to this armor combo.

Please adjust Reactive armor and lowers to reduced damage.

Please reduce Black Rose 5 piece bonuses

These sets combined make for the worst type of PvP cancer and we'll just hear complains about PvP Templars for the next 4 months.
    Edited by Paraflex on January 5, 2017 8:29AM
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be easier to give feedback in regards to stamplars if we knew what ZOS' vision for the class actually is. I imagine they will be reluctant to give them the same tools other stamina classes have to keep them distinct.

Infering from the general class concept and changes the class has received over the last year, it seems to me stamplars are intended to have higher staying power and better heals than other stamina classes. Especially the easily available Major Mending, Minor Vitality and Minor Protection contribute to this, as well as the damage reduction from Empowering Sweep.
    They are similar to stamina DKs in that regard, with which they also share the terrible mobility, but they lack that classes' poison DoTs and sustain options, as well as worthwhile ultimates.
    Some_Guy wrote: »
    Sorcerer has the passive Exploitation, which gives Minor Prophecy to the group, Dragonknights have Mountain's Blessing which gives the group Minor Brutality, Nightblades have Hemorrhage which gives Minor Savagery to the group, and Templars have.... nothing of note that can't be given by the healer. Low damage, at high costs, with no compatibility with a group setting. There is nothing beneficial about running a stamplar in a raid.
    That's why mine is just a writ crafter now.

That's a very good point. Magicka Templars can give Minor Sorcery to the group, but the Dawn's Wrath skill line is essentially dead to stamplars, and they wouldn't benefit from that buff themselves. Is there a specific buff you'd like to see? The class concept would suggest a defensive one, but I'm unsure how useful that would be in a raid setting.

With all of that in mind, I'd make the following suggestions:

Crescent Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Change from Magic to Physical Damage. This would give stamplars a worthwhile ultimate from their own class trees, and it keeps the defensive theme while applying moderate damage.

Puncturing Sweeps and morphs: Slightly lower the cost to improve sustain.

Radiant Ward (Sun Shield morph): When the ward expires, gain x% of the ward's remaining strength in Magicka and Stamina. Basically, a Healing Ward for resource sustain instead of health. Given that the shield's strength will likely be lower than healing ward, the recoverable percent should be adjusted as seen fit.

Burning Light: Change to give a proc chance with each attack. Of course, the damage and possibly chance will have to be significantly lower, but it would give more flexibility to the class. I'd also prefer conditions that favor non-DoT builds, as we already have those in stamina DKs and stamina Sorcerers.

For the Dawn's Wrath skill line, I'd like to see changes to Solar Barrage, which is currently underused, as well as a passive buff that benefits stamina builds and group play as @Some_Guy suggested. However, I am uncertain what would be the most appropriate change here. My gut says to put Minor Evasion somewhere in that tree.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • doddboy25
    doddboy25
    ✭✭
    Bump
    Edited by doddboy25 on January 6, 2017 3:55AM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly, I would like to thank the developers for working with the community on the PTS. Thanks y'all :smile:.

With the changes to Blazing Spear, Magicka Templar now, like Stamina Templar, only has a single reliable stun, Piercing Javelin. Please consider reinstating the stun on Blazing Spear, as it is essential to the PVP Templar kit. Perhaps also reduce the cost of Javelin.

On a more controversial note, I don't think the changes to Radiant Destruction are appropriate. The damage nerf is not an effective fix to the skill in PVP and will very negatively impact Templars in PVE, as the skill is one of the highest DPS abilities in a Magicka Templar's kit. The problem with the ability is not the damage, but rather the range. Since Radiant Destruction has a 28 meter range, or in other words, the longest ranged skill radius, it is very easy to cast it at max range with impunity. Compounding this, the ability is also buffed by the Reach PVP passive, giving it another 5 meters of range. Please consider reverting the damage nerf and reducing the range of the skill from 28 meters down to 10-14 meters. This would not impact PVE and will work to increase the risk of casting while also denying long range sniping J-Beamers.

A few weeks ago, I outlined the dominant problems of Stamina Templar in this post. @Liam12548 is absolutely spot-on in summarizing these issues:
    Templars lack any passives useful to stamina, aside from the 4% general cost reduction and %6 damage. We need better passives!
    Templar's Restoring Spirit (4% Magicka, Stamina, and Ultimate cost reduction), does not compare well to Sorcerer's Power Stone (15% Ultimate cost reduction) and Unholy Knowledge (5% Magicka and Stamina cost reduction). Looking at the history of the skill, it makes sense why it's a bit of an afterthought in its current state. This passive used to return Magicka when abilities were cast before it was nerfed in March 2014. Consider reverting the passive to restore a percentage of an ability's cost on cast, or make the passive restore a very small percentage of the caster's highest resource when casting Templar abilities.

Templar's Balanced Warrior (6% Weapon Damage), is outclassed by passives like Nightblade's Pressure Points (3% Weapon Critical per Assassination ability on bar = huge), Sorcerer's Energized (5% more Physical Damage) and Expert Mage (2% Weapon Damage per Sorcerer ability slotted), and Dragonknight's Mountain's Blessing (5% Weapon Damage in the form of Minor Brutality and 3 Ultimate in parallel with Helping Hands' 5% Stamina return).

Templar's Prism (using a Dawn's Wrath ability grants 3 additional Ultimate with 6 second cooldown) and Illuminate (5% Spell Damage in the form of Minor Sorcery) are quite literally the equivalent of Dragonknight's Mountain's Blessing separated into two passives. Why?

Please consider buffing or changing Balanced Warrior, Burning Light, Enduring Rays, Prism, Illuminate, and Restoring Spirit to bring Templar in line with the other classes and to better support the class' damage-dealing potential.
    Templars major ward/resolve buff, r7ne focus, is a ground based buff.
    You need to stand in it every 8 seconds to get the buff. This restricts movement severely which is vital to stamplars, especially in pvp.

Biting jabs is VERY innacurate against moving targets (specifically players in pvp), and the cost MUST BE reduced so that it is on part with other stam dps skills (surprise attack, flurry).
    I mentioned these points in my post and I'm quoting this here for emphasis. Please consider making Restoring Focus a self buff rather than a placeable aura. Also, there's an entire section in my post regarding Biting Jabs too, so please check that out devs and fellow players. Here's the link again. Thanks again.

Plus 100 points for this well constructed post and information.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    Stamina is still solid for PVE and PVp but Magicka is lostig over and over, first Sorcerer then magplar and MNB

Well, I believe all stamplars in trials and cyrodiil will disagree with your statement "stamina is still solid in pve and pvp". You can ask them. Oh, wait... there are no stamplars in trials and cyrodiil....

Weapon Damage buff, Critical Strike Damage buff, spell resistance , any stampler can easily reach 4K+ WD very easily.

They are no doubt solid dps if used effectively!
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Erynyes wrote: »
    Also my biggest gripe, nothing for STAMPLAR!!!!!

Given what the other classes 'got', it's a good thing to be ignored.
  • VigilantLance
    VigilantLance
    ✭✭
    I simply don't understand why this class keeps getting ignored and left behind. Does nobody at ZOS use this class? I cannot believe they would be so ignorant to its needs.

As it stands, Stamina Templars are largely left out of Veteran Trials. Look at Maelstrom leaderboard scores for crying out loud! Templars have typically the lowest scores overall.

Biting jabs needs a cost reduction. Reduce it by 30-45% to place it on par with other spammable abilities.

Restoring focus should become a stamina ability. Offer stamina regen similar to the current channeled focus.

The nerf to radiant destruction wouldnt be needed if the class had its jabs cost reduced and the threshold for radiant destruction execute lowered to be similar to all other executes in the game.

Fix this class. Many key players use this class as a stamina build and it's become the weakest class overall. I urge anyone at ZOS to look at this thread and realize that this class is severely underpowered and needs urgent help.
    Edited by VigilantLance on January 5, 2017 9:06AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

So kindly *** Off

Actually it'll do even more then 11k less, observe. Say that is a combined 4 ticks damage of 53k, with the new nerf, all tics will do 21% less, but since the first tick is doing 21% less the person/npc will have more health then before, resulting in radiant doing less damage as the damage is inverse proportional to the health. That "extra health" will stack up leading to radiant doing far less damage overall.

The worst part is that the PvP crowd that was clamoring for a nerf are still going to be screaming for a nerf because the range is still 41m in PvP. I dont think this damage nerf is even going change anything in pvp because beams can still hit from a mile away and undodgeable. I can only hope if/when they nerf the range of radiant, I hope they increase the damage back. Probably wont happen since they added line of sight to BoL and still haven't added the extra heal back

It won't change much. The problem is zerglings who stand at the back just spamming it. So as soon as you drop to 30% you die. The damage nerf probably won't change it.

Range is the big issue. It get the battle spirit and reach buff. So it goes up to like 40 metres I think. It's stupid. If someone is executing me, they should have to be in the fight, not spamming skill from the back of groups.

People who defend it by saying "you can bash it" are zerglings, pure and simple. They spam it and have people to heal them when it's spammed on them. Play solo or in a group of 3/4 and you'd instantly see the issue with the range.
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    Please nerf Blazing Shield!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AuT6GHad wrote: »
    Please nerf Blazing Shield!

Somebody spent 20 minutes hammering on a blazing shield troll tank.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• sinz_xb16_ESO
    sinz_xb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some thoughts after testing in PvP:

- Blazing Spears CC removal makes the skill pretty much unusable in PvP, Templars now do not have a reliable CC anymore to be used in PvP, therefore I ask ZoS not to remove the CC element of Blazing Spears. Stunning an enemy with Blazing Spears required enemy movement prediction and when you landed the stun it felt very rewarding and helped you setup a burst combo that will otherwise be lacking

- AoE magickasteal will only drain magicka for you from 1 target, so 400 magicka return per second even when damaging multiple opponents with the debuff. This might be as intended, because it would probably be pretty overpowered if you could drain magicka from multiple opponents simultaneously

- Radiant Oppression still hits like a truck on targets below 25% - but doesn't do much above that health threshhold, so that seems fine now

- Eclipse still doesn't perform well in PvP, it gives my target free CC immunity for 7 seconds which makes it counterproductive to use. Using it on multiple targets will drain too much magicka and isn't viable. In my opinion it should give CC immunity (would be overpowered if it didnt) , but only for 3 seconds maximum to make it viable. You could also have the reflects drain your magicka like DK's reflective wings does and remove/reduce the cc immunity to balance the ability correctly

All in all I'm mostly dissappointed by the CC removal from Blazing Spears. It really hurts PvPers who like to solo PvP or roam in small groups and it required skillful play to even land the stun in the first place. There is just no good reason to remove it, please change your minds on that one.
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor

Proud second-rate customer (PC-EU)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some thoughts after testing in PvP:

- Blazing Spears CC removal makes the skill pretty much unusable in PvP, Templars now do not have a reliable CC anymore to be used in PvP, therefore I ask ZoS not to remove the CC element of Blazing Spears. Stunning an enemy with Blazing Spears required enemy movement prediction and when you landed the stun it felt very rewarding and helped you setup a burst combo that will otherwise be lacking

- AoE magickasteal will only drain magicka for you from 1 target, so 400 magicka return per second even when damaging multiple opponents with the debuff. This might be as intended, because it would probably be pretty overpowered if you could drain magicka from multiple opponents simultaneously

- Radiant Oppression still hits like a truck on targets below 25% - but doesn't do much above that health threshhold, so that seems fine now

- Eclipse still doesn't perform well in PvP, it gives my target free CC immunity for 7 seconds which makes it counterproductive to use. Using it on multiple targets will drain too much magicka and isn't viable. In my opinion it should give CC immunity (would be overpowered if it didnt) , but only for 3 seconds maximum to make it viable. You could also have the reflects drain your magicka like DK's reflective wings does and remove/reduce the cc immunity to balance the ability correctly

All in all I'm mostly dissappointed by the CC removal from Blazing Spears. It really hurts PvPers who like to solo PvP or roam in small groups and it required skillful play to even land the stun in the first place. There is just no good reason to remove it, please change your minds on that one.

I'm torn on the blazing spear stun removal. As a small group/solo player is can be really good. But zergs also do spam that crap as well.