Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Templar Balance Improvements

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Reflective light needs to be rethought out. That skill is useless.
    Reflective light is great :open_mouth:

How so?
    3 target dot, snare and increases spell damage for you and your group (illuminate) using gives you spell crit i believe as well
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 4, 2017 9:16PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Don't remove the cc from blazing spear. It's our only effective stun aside from top charge which only works half the time.

Instead of nerfing the damage of radiant just reduce the distance. I'm more than confidant most people can agree to that.

Give stamplar more utility and cost reduction for jabs. Also maybe make some of the passive viable because as of now there's pretty much 1 skill line for them and they're only playable in heavy.
    They should reduce the range and the keep the 21% damage nerf to Radiant you will still do great damage in PVE,it just balance the skill in PVP more.

Get out of here with those horrible opinions, proccblade. :)
    Come on @Ron_Burgundy_79 you don't PVE your acting like am not PVE leach Magplar going be fine in PVE and fine in PVP.
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty is correct on all counts.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is the new Stam Sorc of old.

The nerf to RD is just a lack of knowledge from ZOS of why it needed a nerf. It was already fine in PvE and made Magplars competitive. The RANGE is what it OP in PvP.

Templar healing got some buffs....because....I guess we needed some healing buffs???
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?
    3 target dot, snare and increases spell damage for you and your group (illuminate) using gives you spell crit i believe as well

Where is it usefull? In dungeons it's all sweeps. It is absolutely useless in pvp.

Also the crit does not stack with inner light which is a must for magicka classes.

Using this skill lowers your dps and doesn't work in any rotation.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

Where is it usefull? In dungeons it's all sweeps. It is absolutely useless in pvp.

Also the crit does not stack with inner light which is a must for magicka classes.

I can't tell if this is a troll
    #MOREORBS
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

Derp
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

Derp

You may want to check the titles in Nifty's signature before you argue with him about, well, pretty much anything.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

It's the better morph for pve and could possibly be the better morph for pvp depending on playstyles.

That being said, I prefer vamp bane but I mainly duel and solo pvp.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

It's the better morph for pve and could possibly be the better morph for pvp depending on playstyles.

I can agree vampires bane needs a damage increase, I haven't used that in awhile but gilliam posted a video on it which was kinda funny
    #MOREORBS
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before everyone begins with the "RIP magplar" complaining, just know that Radiant Oppression was really overpowered. If there was anything that needed a nerf, it was RO. However, a 21% nerf is too much when there are other ways to nerf skills besides flat out reducing the damage.

RO is the strongest execute. Was it overperforming? Maybe. But that doesn't mean it deserves a 21% damage reduction. Maybe 10% would be more fitting, or even reducing the execute threshold. Nightblade execute begins at 25% with a 300% bonus damage, while Sorc execute begins at 20% with rather mediocre damage. What sense does it make for Templar executes to begin at 50% with bonus damage up to 330%? You can still maintain the integrity of the execute without reducing overall damage by lowering the execute threshold or reducing the bonus damage. But reducing the overall damage by 21% is the wrong move here.

As for blazing spear, there really is no need to remove the stun. This is currently the Templar's only useful cc ability. The javelin stun is just broken and never used. The increased duration to 8s is a great change, but I really don't see why the stun needed to be removed.

I am interested in testing the changes to backlash though. This could be a much more widely used skill with the added damage.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner light gives the major sorcery just for slotting as well as a increase to magicka and recovery. It does not stack with the major sorcery that Reflective light gives.

The damage is laughable and for pve if your attacking multiple targets it's just easier to use sweeps on trash mobs.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

Lies you never solo PVP because am usually on.
  • evedgebah
    evedgebah
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not detract from the thread by debating Reflective light's raid usefulness as-is. It does not stack, no, but it grants Major Prophecy. The damage is far form laughable and the skill is included in many, if not all of the most popular Templar builds for end-game raiding along side Sweeps.

Back on-topic: I've mirrored your sentiment above @Akimbro about how I feel Radiant could best be handled. Glad to hear at least one other has identified the overpowered aspects of the skill as I.

I'd like to add that Backlash's damage cap and lack of ability to critical is the single biggest impediment to this skill's effectiveness. Removing either would instantly make it much more worthwhile, even without the nice up-front damage.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

You got on last night for the first time in a week or two. Get out of here proctato.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner light gives the major sorcery just for slotting as well as a increase to magicka and recovery. It does not stack with the major sorcery that Reflective light gives.

The damage is laughable and for pve if your attacking multiple targets it's just easier to use sweeps on trash mobs.

The dot tics for 1-1.5k with 2-2.5k crits in pvp. I would hardly consider it useless.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 4, 2017 9:51PM
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neowit wrote: »
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.

Or maybe fix heavy armor, specifically reactive.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 4, 2017 9:54PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so?

You got on last night for the first time in a week or two. Get out of here proctato.
    Details.Stop calling me that people are gong to actually think I run proc sets like some scrub.
  • luxfreak
    luxfreak
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Stamplar is hands down the worst performing stamina class in PvE, and probably PvP also. The main problem is the lack of sustain outside repetence, boss fights in trials usually are single target for long periods of time so you don't have any bodies to drain stam, and probably the healers are already using repetence so is a waste of slot. My suggestions are:

- Reduce the cost of jabs: is 2x times more expensive than flurry or surprise attack, it strains the stamina pool really hard.

- Add more stamina sustain options: repetence is not enought and is situational. Need another way of sustain, a stam morph of rune focus or change some passives to benefit stamplars stam sustain.

- More useful ultimates: all templar ultimates are useless for a stamplar, we need something. Maybe a stam morph of cresent sweep.

- Stamina morph of Focused Charge: if you want your jabs to have decent damage on PvP you need to use DW. That forces you to run 2h with crit rush in back bar to have a stam-based gap-closer. The Explosive Charge morph is barely used at all, make it the stam equivalent of Toppling Charge.

- Reduce the cost of Piercing Javelin: there is no reason why this skill is so damn expensive.

While That addresses the problems of an stamina templar in PVP, and the jab cost reduce maybe even a little bit pve,
    what stamina templar realy need is a 10 second vampires bane stamina morph, as well as some passives that buff more then just jabs or crit damage, especially now, when crit damage is beeing nerfed.

A possible resolution would be to let burning light proc on any physical damage.
    Now ofc that would be *** broken, but you could put in an internal cd, or just flatout reduce the burning light damage.

Another Option that would maybe tilt in pvp but would be aweasome in pve is a like 8 meter stamina jesus beam, which is not being buffed by my good old friends called msa weapons.
    Eg make Radiant Destruction a Stamina Moprh and let the mag players only have the heal morph, that is what they have done multiple times already.
    That would take care of the brutally broken execute and give stam templar the same brutal execute damage that mag players have.
    Tank/DD with Hof HM clear
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Neowit wrote: »

Or maybe fix heavy armor, specifically reactive.

Reactive isn't the issue. You can't be cc'd when you permablock. Where you can there's usually another templar to keep the cc'd templar's health tip-top. No heal should be so good while lacking any conditions for being cast.
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 10:01PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot tics for 1-1.5k with 2-2.5k crits in pvp. I would hardly consider it useless.

1k for 5 seconds. Yeah that's laughable
    Edited by Drdeath20 on January 4, 2017 10:02PM
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭

Reflective light op in pve bruh. 11k initial damage, then the dot ticks for 5-6k per. It targets 3 mobs. Stamplar does need a class ulti. Still wish there was pts on console so I can test out sustain myself..... but life doesn't work like that :(.
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .

I have a feeling it's going to be a global. Which means 400 magicka/s no matter how many targets are affected.

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will eliminate dps Templars, good the world needs more tanks and healers.
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »

I have a feeling it's going to be a global. Which means 400 magicka/s no matter how many targets are affected.

They have to do some change to it, whether a radius reduction, or an aoe cap, or just 400 magicka maxium. Either way, it cannot stand the way it is on PTS with change.
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭

They have to do some change to it, whether a radius reduction, or an aoe cap, or just 400 magicka maxium. Either way, it cannot stand the way it is on PTS with change.

Haven't been able to test on PTS yet. Is it really 400 magicka/s from EACH target affected, and not a global 400 magicka/s?

• forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't been able to test on PTS yet. Is it really 400 magicka/s from EACH target affected, and not a global 400 magicka/s?

Yep, 400 to each target affected, it's hilarious how they even let this onto pts....
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Global
    #MOREORBS