The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Templar Balance Improvements

• forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .

I have a feeling it's going to be a global. Which means 400 magicka/s no matter how many targets are affected.

They have to do some change to it, whether a radius reduction, or an aoe cap, or just 400 magicka maxium. Either way, it cannot stand the way it is on PTS with change.

Haven't been able to test on PTS yet. Is it really 400 magicka/s from EACH target affected, and not a global 400 magicka/s?
    Global

Tested it right now, the 400 magicka return is stacking in PVP per target affected
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .

I have a feeling it's going to be a global. Which means 400 magicka/s no matter how many targets are affected.

They have to do some change to it, whether a radius reduction, or an aoe cap, or just 400 magicka maxium. Either way, it cannot stand the way it is on PTS with change.

Haven't been able to test on PTS yet. Is it really 400 magicka/s from EACH target affected, and not a global 400 magicka/s?

Yep, 400 to each target affected, it's hilarious how they even let this onto pts....

They need to give stamplar a stam recovery version of this it would help its sustain so much.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neowit wrote: »
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.

Or maybe fix heavy armor, specifically reactive.

Reactive isn't the issue. You can't be cc'd when you permablock. Where you can there's usually another templar to keep the cc'd templar's health tip-top. No heal should be so good while lacking any conditions for being cast.

Fear and fossilize both go through block.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Inner light gives the major sorcery just for slotting as well as a increase to magicka and recovery. It does not stack with the major sorcery that Reflective light gives.

The damage is laughable and for pve if your attacking multiple targets it's just easier to use sweeps on trash mobs.

The dot tics for 1-1.5k with 2-2.5k crits in pvp. I would hardly consider it useless.

1k for 5 seconds. Yeah that's laughable

Read the tooltip. My vamp bane tooltip is a 5-6k initial damage with a 15k dot over 7 seconds.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭

It definitely needs a global max but if it were just the 400 magicka then there is no point in the AOE component of restoring aura. Something needs to change though if it is actually stacking on many enemies. Even my magplar main won't like this because BoL spamming healbots will be much more unkillable than they already are.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Global

Tested it right now, the 400 magicka return is stacking in PVP per target affected
    Not doing it in PvE, are you sure you're testing it right, I Just put elemental drain on 7 targets
    kTe4JGB.png
    BU85e5i.png
    #MOREORBS
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Global

Not doing it in PvE, are you sure you're testing it right, I Just put elemental drain on 7 targets
    kTe4JGB.png
    BU85e5i.png

I'll try and get a recording of it right now, it's been stacking in pvp tests
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner light gives the major sorcery just for slotting as well as a increase to magicka and recovery. It does not stack with the major sorcery that Reflective light gives.

The damage is laughable and for pve if your attacking multiple targets it's just easier to use sweeps on trash mobs.

The dot tics for 1-1.5k with 2-2.5k crits in pvp. I would hardly consider it useless.

Read the tooltip. My vamp bane tooltip is a 5-6k initial damage with a 15k dot over 7 seconds.

Yeah vamp bane is awesome. Reflective light not soo much
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g

the debuff is not stacking on wolves in pvp but only on players, seems to be a bug in cyro
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah vamp bane is awesome. Reflective light not soo much

Reflective light is essentially the same dot applied to 3 targets lasting 5 seconds rather than 7. Also has a slightly reduced initial damage. It's a DPS increase vs vamp bane due to trash pulls in pve. I'm not a PVE'er, but I know own that much.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Global

kTe4JGB.png
    BU85e5i.png

I'll try and get a recording of it right now, it's been stacking in pvp tests
    Just use combat metrics to see your incoming resources
    here is a better one
    Rk8xzUh.png
    #MOREORBS
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    EDIT: Aso one of the posters below stated, another great option for a stam morph is explosive charge. It is completely unused and would allow stamplars to run a gap closers on their DW bars, which would alleviate alot of dps issues in pvp.

Um..I use Explosive charge all the time. It's good aoe burst. It can actually interrupt multiple casting enemies. And I prefer to use Javelin as my cc, rather than blow it on my gap closer. Not sure why anyone would think it's unused. I know several Templars that use and prefer it.

Stam players do have two gap closers, in the form of weapons. Magicka players do not. I understand the want for more Stam options. But I would hate to lose Explosive charge.
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭

Think you meant reflective light cause vamp bane lasts for 18 seconds not 7. Vamp bane is terrible in comparison to reflective light.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parafrost wrote: »

Think you meant reflective light cause vamp bane lasts for 18 seconds not 7. Vamp bane is terrible in comparison to reflective light.

I'll verify when I get home, but I'm fairly certain it's not 18 seconds.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.

Reactive isn't the issue. You can't be cc'd when you permablock. Where you can there's usually another templar to keep the cc'd templar's health tip-top. No heal should be so good while lacking any conditions for being cast.

I explained why that never works in practice in the post you just quoted.
  • saten
    saten
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Beam Execute should start at 25% health and instead of a flat out damage nerf decrease the damage if the target is far away. So no more Jesus beams coming from the castle walls.

Focused Charge needs a stam morph. Maybe act clever and add a stam regen over time effect based on the distance traveled.

Javelin is expensive as *** why would I use that?

No more Stun for Spear Shards...why?

Sun Fire could use a stam morph.

Generally a way to sustain stam if no corpse is around.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright I'll just defer to you when if comes to magplar pvp knowledge.

How is it any worse than 2 magic sorcs or 2 mageblades that can shield each other while having massive burst potential?

Edit: Fear is also an AOE cc meaning it will cc more than one player.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 4, 2017 11:06PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually he right For example fear is a AOE CC so more then likely your will fear both the templars.Also reactive is broken as heck I don't even think they fixed the issue where you would get the damage reduction from just being snared.Reactive should be removed from the game but that's a discussion for another time.BOL is fine and the heal is Fine.As a stamblade main I wouldn't mind them making breath no longer crit heal.When it comes to BOL am extremely bias even with me playing one in pve.
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    Parafrost wrote: »

I'll verify when I get home, but I'm fairly certain it's not 18 seconds.

I think it might be 11.5 seconds or 13 seconds.
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm @Nifty2g is correct, it seems to be applying the global cooldown in PVP correctly - 1 proc of 400 magicka per second regardless of players debuffed

mag_return.jpg
    Edited by forzajuve212 on January 4, 2017 11:10PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -Even the procganker, anti-Templar, nerf everything about Templar people are baffled by the blazing spear nerf. Put the stun back.

-I personally think RD is fine in PvE. The nerf should have been done in a way that impacts PvP more than PvE.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭

How is it any worse than 2 magic sorcs or 2 mageblades that can shield each other while having massive burst potential?

It has more to do with the meta centralized around it: The fact that people can stack into unkillable groups amd exploit bad mechanics.

Also, I never remember suggesting that wards were balanced. I would at least say that these wards aren't affected by resistances, while a full bar of health is. This in addition to the fact that a templar has access to minor vitality and mending, and minor protection to make getting their health down behind block even more impossible. On top of these tools, templars also have access to the same wards a magblade does.

Alone, I don't see BoL to be the big issue. It becomes an issue when there are multiple templars, or when you introduce permablock builds to the equation.

Edit: Why does the aoe cc matter? Any group of stacked Templars will break cc and spam breath of life until their friends can go right back to blocking.
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 11:22PM
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Actually he right For example fear is a AOE CC so more then likely your will fear both the templars.Also reactive is broken as heck I don't even think they fixed the issue where you would get the damage reduction from just being snared.Reactive should be removed from the game but that's a discussion for another time.BOL is fine and the heal is Fine.As a stamblade main I wouldn't mind them making breath no longer crit heal.When it comes to BOL am extremely bias even with me playing one in pve.

The non crit heals is another terrible idea. There'd be even less reason to use light armor.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop arguing over Reflective Light? It wasn't even changed on the PTS and they aren't going to change it in the update.

I have not tested this stuff on the PTS, but I think I can speak for a lot of templars who are wondering:
    • Why exactly was the Stun taken away from Blazing Spear? Can anyone possibly point to a complaint on these forums, in a youtube stream, or anywhere where the stun from the CC was OP and deemed such a problem that it had to be changed? I found this skill invaluable as a squishy healer to get away from sticky situations. As a healer I'm already overburdened as it is with my bars, now I supposed to slot Javelin as well?
    • I know ZoS really wants us to use the delayed reactive heal mechanic (I remember the reasoning over the altered long animation to Breath of Life, but we not buying what you are selling. I will admit the hasty morph to Healing Ritual removes one of the main annoyances and makes it potentially situationally useful in PvP, but the danger for interruption is too great by some random DK spamming Deep Breath and it's just safer to Heailng Springs or Energy Orbs spam when volume healing is needed.
    • I'm still not going to use Eclipse. It's too expensive, too easy for the enemy to circumvent, no longer reflects the most dangerous attack (or even crushing shock now for that matter), doesn't do enough damage. It says a lot about the state of templar CC when our one of our CCs does not CC the enemy although it grants CC immunity (for even longer now).
    • I am told the "stamplar" suffers from the same problem as a magicka nightblade: reasonably effective and versatile solo builds, but noncompetitive for end-game Trial DPS. Speaking of DPS, I am a bit worried about my magicka parses because RD 21% reduction is significant. I believe the people who hate this skill's main issue was its range and high damage outside of the execute threshold. That probably would have been a more elegant reform.

Will have more to say with more testing.
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has more to do with the meta centralized around it: The fact that people can stack into unkillable groups amd exploit bad mechanics.

Also, I never remember suggesting that wards were balanced. I would at least say that these wards aren't affected by resistances, while a full bar of health is. This in addition to the fact that a templar has access to minor vitality and mending, and minor protection to make getting their health down behind block even more impossible. On top of these tools, templars also have access to the same wards a magblade does.

Alone, I don't see BoL to be the big issue. It becomes an issue when there are multiple templars, or when you introduce permablock builds to the equation.

Wards don't have resistances, but they are immune to crit. Resistances don't mean much anymore in the sharpened meta.

Mageblades have much higher magic pools thanks to passives and necromancer. More magic = bigger shields.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 4, 2017 11:23PM
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭

Wards don't have resistances, but they are immune to crit. Resistances don't mean much anymore in the sharpened meta.

Mageblades have much higher magic pools thanks to passives and necromancer. More magic = bigger shields.

I would beg to differ. I've never played anything more tanky than my magplar, precisely because of my minor protection. Vitality is a bit irrelevant when one breath of life heals me to full health with battle spirit.
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 11:29PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

The non crit heals is another terrible idea. There'd be even less reason to use light armor.
    Like I said am extremely bias @Ron_Burgundy_79 .
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop arguing over Reflective Light? It wasn't even changed on the PTS and they aren't going to change it in the update.

I have not tested this stuff on the PTS, but I think I can speak for a lot of templars who are wondering:
    • Why exactly was the Stun taken away from Blazing Spear? Can anyone possibly point to a complaint on these forums, in a youtube stream, or anywhere where the stun from the CC was OP and deemed such a problem that it had to be changed? I found this skill invaluable as a squishy healer to get away from sticky situations. As a healer I'm already overburdened as it is with my bars, now I supposed to slot Javelin as well?
    • I know ZoS really wants us to use the delayed reactive heal mechanic (I remember the reasoning over the altered long animation to Breath of Life, but we not buying what you are selling. I will admit the hasty morph to Healing Ritual removes one of the main annoyances and makes it potentially situationally useful in PvP, but the danger for interruption is too great by some random DK spamming Deep Breath and it's just safer to Heailng Springs or Energy Orbs spam when volume healing is needed.
    • I'm still not going to use Eclipse. It's too expensive, too easy for the enemy to circumvent, no longer reflects the most dangerous attack (or even crushing shock now for that matter), doesn't do enough damage. It says a lot about the state of templar CC when our one of our CCs does not CC the enemy although it grants CC immunity (for even longer now).
    • I am told the "stamplar" suffers from the same problem as a magicka nightblade: reasonably effective and versatile solo builds, but noncompetitive for end-game Trial DPS. Speaking of DPS, I am a bit worried about my magicka parses because RD 21% reduction is significant. I believe the people who hate this skill's main issue was its range and high damage outside of the execute threshold. That probably would have been a more elegant reform.

Any suggestions for eclipse? I'd like it to be considered a snare with a high cost, similar to talons. That would probably be too strong though.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 4, 2017 11:29PM
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would beg to differ. I've never played anything more tanky than my magplar, precisely because of my minor protection. Vitality is a bit irrelevant when one breath of life heals me to full health with battle spirit.

You use restoring focus instead of channeled? Lol
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions for eclipse? I'd like it to be considered a snare with a high cost, similar to talons. That would probably be too strong though.

It needs a complete rework. The current skill is either OP or garbage. There is no in-between.

My suggestion is to remove the ability to CC break it but leave the ability to cleanse it. Remove the reflect damage and replace it with flat damage every time something gets reflected or make it a X% of the reflected damage.

You use restoring focus instead of channeled? Lol

Restoring is pretty awesome on a troll tank.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 4, 2017 11:37PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)