The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Templar Balance Improvements

• Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    @Alcast
    @templesus
    @ManDraKE
    @Liam12548
    @Some_Guy
    @Spearblade
    @Zinaroth
    @WldKarde
    @izzakhalil
    @Vulsin

Just tagged all the Stamplar mains that I can think of. I am requesting two things from you all-

1) Can we all agree that, if anything, Biting Jabs needs to be addressed in some manner before HOMESTEAD hits live?
    2) Can we please pollute this thread with Stamplar's rustled jimmies to ensure we are infact the squeekiest wheel?

Because of the condition that stamplars have been in, I haven't even played mine seriously enough in recent months to be able to tell you exactly how everything works anymore... Certainly not enough to call it my "main" anymore. As I stated in another post earlier today, we don't even allow them in raids anymore. They are the lowest sustainable DPS in a PVE environment, their sustaine is terrible, and the only thing that they have that helps add to a raid group composition is the debuff from POTL, and the healer (magicka) Templars have enough stamina to be able to run that as a debuff for the group without it causing a problem for them.
    Sorcerer has the passive Exploitation, which gives Minor Prophecy to the group, Dragonknights have Mountain's Blessing which gives the group Minor Brutality, Nightblades have Hemorrhage which gives Minor Savagery to the group, and Templars have.... nothing of note that can't be given by the healer. Low damage, at high costs, with no compatibility with a group setting. There is nothing beneficial about running a stamplar in a raid.
    That's why mine is just a writ crafter now.
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • Atreyix
    Atreyix
    ✭✭✭
    As what other posters said, Stamplar needs a buff. I do agree with the execute being nerf'd. It did need it, However... Maybe we can get a stamina based execute, along with a stamina gap closer...

In my opinion, change explosive change to a stamina based skill, and change radiant glory too a stamina based execute, some others addressed how the sustain on stamplars are very subpar, and I do agree... However the gap closer and execute imo really need to come into play. But sustain... Maybe, JUST maybe add a passive to help stamina recovery.

Otherwise, the stun removal too shards is a bit far fetched... the execute reduction is reasonable.

Please devs improve stamina templars... A lot of us love playing it, and I'm sure a lot of people would favor the changes.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please read this post. It provides all the important information on the nerf to stun from blazing spear
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311783/please-do-not-remove-the-stun-from-blazing-spear-skill-pvp-point-of-view#latest
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atreyix wrote: »
    As what other posters said, Stamplar needs a buff. I do agree with the execute being nerf'd. It did need it, However... Maybe we can get a stamina based execute, along with a stamina gap closer...

In my opinion, change explosive change to a stamina based skill, and change radiant glory too a stamina based execute, some others addressed how the sustain on stamplars are very subpar, and I do agree... However the gap closer and execute imo really need to come into play. But sustain... Maybe, JUST maybe add a passive to help stamina recovery.

Otherwise, the stun removal too shards is a bit far fetched... the execute reduction is reasonable.

Please devs improve stamina templars... A lot of us love playing it, and I'm sure a lot of people would favor the changes.

Leave Explosive Charge alone. Stam have two gap closers already with melee weapons.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Neowit wrote: »
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.

Or maybe fix heavy armor, specifically reactive.

Reactive isn't the issue. You can't be cc'd when you permablock. Where you can there's usually another templar to keep the cc'd templar's health tip-top. No heal should be so good while lacking any conditions for being cast.

Fear and fossilize both go through block.

I explained why that never works in practice in the post you just quoted.

Alright I'll just defer to you when if comes to magplar pvp knowledge.

How is it any worse than 2 magic sorcs or 2 mageblades that can shield each other while having massive burst potential?

Edit: Fear is also an AOE cc meaning it will cc more than one player.

It has more to do with the meta centralized around it: The fact that people can stack into unkillable groups amd exploit bad mechanics.

Also, I never remember suggesting that wards were balanced. I would at least say that these wards aren't affected by resistances, while a full bar of health is. This in addition to the fact that a templar has access to minor vitality and mending, and minor protection to make getting their health down behind block even more impossible. On top of these tools, templars also have access to the same wards a magblade does.

Alone, I don't see BoL to be the big issue. It becomes an issue when there are multiple templars, or when you introduce permablock builds to the equation.

Wards don't have resistances, but they are immune to crit. Resistances don't mean much anymore in the sharpened meta.

Mageblades have much higher magic pools thanks to passives and necromancer. More magic = bigger shields.

I would beg to differ. I've never played anything more tanky than my magplar, precisely because of my minor protection. Vitality is a bit irrelevant when one breath of life heals me to full health with battle spirit.

You use restoring focus instead of channeled? Lol

Explain why it's better when I have lich to keep my magicka pool up. You've stopped arguing at this point, and started resorting to condescending remarks. I'm just going to assume you give up. Maybe you should learn to play templar well before you start making judgments on it's current state in pvp. Be real enough to admit when your class needs rebalancing.
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 11:58PM
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 11:54PM
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a gradient cost increase to Breath of Life, or do something which stops this terrible block/heal meta.

Reactive isn't the issue. You can't be cc'd when you permablock. Where you can there's usually another templar to keep the cc'd templar's health tip-top. No heal should be so good while lacking any conditions for being cast.

How is it any worse than 2 magic sorcs or 2 mageblades that can shield each other while having massive burst potential?

It has more to do with the meta centralized around it: The fact that people can stack into unkillable groups amd exploit bad mechanics.

Also, I never remember suggesting that wards were balanced. I would at least say that these wards aren't affected by resistances, while a full bar of health is. This in addition to the fact that a templar has access to minor vitality and mending, and minor protection to make getting their health down behind block even more impossible. On top of these tools, templars also have access to the same wards a magblade does.

Alone, I don't see BoL to be the big issue. It becomes an issue when there are multiple templars, or when you introduce permablock builds to the equation.

Wards don't have resistances, but they are immune to crit. Resistances don't mean much anymore in the sharpened meta.

Mageblades have much higher magic pools thanks to passives and necromancer. More magic = bigger shields.

I would beg to differ. I've never played anything more tanky than my magplar, precisely because of my minor protection. Vitality is a bit irrelevant when one breath of life heals me to full health with battle spirit.

Explain why it's better when I have lich to keep my pool up. You've stopped arguing at this point, and started resorting to condescending remarks. I'm just going to assume you give up.

After I have proven my point multiple times, yes I have given up. Ignorance wins yet again.
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on January 5, 2017 12:10AM
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    second edit fail
    Edited by Neowit on January 4, 2017 11:57PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the removal of my only reliable stun.. & now making the Blazing shard-morph useless for everything that's not PvE-DPS. I'll retire my Templar for solo PvP& I'll go with another class. It's good for the PvE-side of things.

Beam nerf is fine. Changes to Lingering Ritual *could* be nice. Depends how it feels in pressured situations. I still never felt the urge to use a cast time heal though.

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭

Explain why it's better when I have lich to keep my pool up. You've stopped arguing at this point, and started resorting to condescending remarks. I'm just going to assume you give up.

After I gave proven my point multiple times, yes I have given up. Ignorance wins yet again.

You didn't prove anything, you made an assertion which I know through practical experience is incorrect. That is the exact opposite of ignorance. Quit being the *** who asserts their superiority when they can't make a valid argument.

Edit: The main reason BoL and shield stacking are different: You can't spam hardened ward on two other people spamming hardened ward.
    Edited by Neowit on January 5, 2017 12:10AM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Minor magicka steal is going to be extremely broken in PVP and needs to be reworked or scrapped.

It stacks unlimited amounts of time, goes through LoS and walls, and applies to all nearby allies. Currently, if you and a friend are fighting 4 people and the restoring aura debuff is applied, every ally is recieveing 400 magicka per second x 4 enemies, which is 1600 magicka and stacks with your own magicka recovery. In a hypotetical siutation where you are fighting 15 people at once, you will get back 400 magicka per second x 15 enemies, which is 6000 magicka per second for every ally.

This will quite literaly render sustain completely useless if you are playing with a templar as a magicka build.This cannot stand to live without a cap or a complete reversal. Players will be able to run full damage specs with no regard to magicka recovery and you will see absolutely unreal numbers of damage from magicka builds.

Please consider this @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno .

I have a feeling it's going to be a global. Which means 400 magicka/s no matter how many targets are affected.

They have to do some change to it, whether a radius reduction, or an aoe cap, or just 400 magicka maxium. Either way, it cannot stand the way it is on PTS with change.

Haven't been able to test on PTS yet. Is it really 400 magicka/s from EACH target affected, and not a global 400 magicka/s?

Yep, 400 to each target affected, it's hilarious how they even let this onto pts....

This is wrong.

Refer to my post on page 1. It is capped at 400/s even if you have it applied to 10 enemies and are AoE'ing all of them.
    Edited by danno8 on January 5, 2017 12:15AM
  • imwargasmo
    imwargasmo
    ✭✭
    The nerf to radiant is very heavy handed, Magplars have little burst for pvp and horrible sustain in pve; reduce the range by 20% instead so it's still a viable execute for melee magplars in pve but it prevents people from beaming form the back of a Zerg in pvp. Add to this the nerf to proc sets and the removal of stun from shards and magplar vma is going to be disgusting; also stam classes will take over as the only viable options for melee DPS in vet trials.

Stamplars can't output enough DPS, struggle to sustain in long fight and have very few morph options. A shards or spear stam morph would be really nice.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you people post information with nothing to back it up especially when it comes to radiant.Radiant is fine its the reason none of the players who actually play magplar in endgame pve are really complaining your going to still do great damage.Instead of 53k your know dealing 50k still doing more damage then every other spec that's not a DK.Your fine and radiant still going to melt people who are below 40% in PvP.
    Edited by Jaronking on January 5, 2017 12:19AM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With the magickasteal on Radiant Aura it's about to get a lot more relevant.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the general sentiment, removing the stun from blazing spear? was an unnecessary and bad move. Why? Where did this come from?

RD - we knew a nerf was coming due to it's abuse in pvp but I agree with most that the dev team have got the fix wrong. Nerfing the total damage is an easy but very lazy way of addressing the problem - which will only hurt PVE'rs and further divide the PVP and PVE playing groups. Like so many people have said, a simple reduction in range would have sufficed or even a tweaking of when the execute phase starts proccing.

Given the nerf to re-arming traps and the removing of crits from proc sets, Stamplar's are looking grimmer than ever. Either power of the light, shards or extended ritual should be reworked to provide a strong, reliable dot for stamina builds.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Would the developers deem it possible to make Radiant Destruction (and maybe similar spells like SA) aim-requiring (beam pointing in the direction of the reticle)? There may be lag-related issues, yes (probably add some relaxation for the aiming algorithm?), but the current PTS change does not seem to me a good balancing proposal, especially for PvP where I expect little difference after the patch. Thanks.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop arguing over Reflective Light? It wasn't even changed on the PTS and they aren't going to change it in the update.

I have not tested this stuff on the PTS, but I think I can speak for a lot of templars who are wondering:
    • Why exactly was the Stun taken away from Blazing Spear? Can anyone possibly point to a complaint on these forums, in a youtube stream, or anywhere where the stun from the CC was OP and deemed such a problem that it had to be changed? I found this skill invaluable as a squishy healer to get away from sticky situations. As a healer I'm already overburdened as it is with my bars, now I supposed to slot Javelin as well?
    • I know ZoS really wants us to use the delayed reactive heal mechanic (I remember the reasoning over the altered long animation to Breath of Life, but we not buying what you are selling. I will admit the hasty morph to Healing Ritual removes one of the main annoyances and makes it potentially situationally useful in PvP, but the danger for interruption is too great by some random DK spamming Deep Breath and it's just safer to Heailng Springs or Energy Orbs spam when volume healing is needed.
    • I'm still not going to use Eclipse. It's too expensive, too easy for the enemy to circumvent, no longer reflects the most dangerous attack (or even crushing shock now for that matter), doesn't do enough damage. It says a lot about the state of templar CC when our one of our CCs does not CC the enemy although it grants CC immunity (for even longer now).
    • I am told the "stamplar" suffers from the same problem as a magicka nightblade: reasonably effective and versatile solo builds, but noncompetitive for end-game Trial DPS. Speaking of DPS, I am a bit worried about my magicka parses because RD 21% reduction is significant. I believe the people who hate this skill's main issue was its range and high damage outside of the execute threshold. That probably would have been a more elegant reform.

Will have more to say with more testing.

Any suggestions for eclipse? I'd like it to be considered a snare with a high cost, similar to talons. That would probably be too strong though.

I offered many suggestions many times in the past. I doubt anyone on the PC NA server has used this ability more than I have, but ZoS has seem intent on giving us this awkward, expensive, and counterproductive spell.

Because it is a debuff, in which the opponent always has the ability to remove it via a CC break (i.e., they don't need purge or cleanse), it has to do more than be a generic reflect because I can get that without my opponent ever being able to remove it. That's the main issue with the spell. Before Orsinium, Eclipse reflected every single "spell" in the game, and before anyone says "That's OP," no, it wasn't, because I was pretty much the only Templar who used it and all of my opponents could always remove it and not be affected by it for 7 seconds. I only used it to be different and it's very rareness caught some of my opponents off guard.

If they returned the original defensive functionality of the spell, reduced the cost, and kept the damage competent as it is now, then that would be enough to at least make somewhat of an option. It would be the easiest rework of the spell. I still don't think many high end templars would use it though because the spell at its base mechanic is always removable by opponents and the free CC immunity is a tough pill too swallow. Plus one of the best uses of the spell in the old days was to defeat DK Wings and meteor them. It would be nice to have interesting counterplay again...
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please stop arguing over Reflective Light? It wasn't even changed on the PTS and they aren't going to change it in the update.

I have not tested this stuff on the PTS, but I think I can speak for a lot of templars who are wondering:
    • Why exactly was the Stun taken away from Blazing Spear? Can anyone possibly point to a complaint on these forums, in a youtube stream, or anywhere where the stun from the CC was OP and deemed such a problem that it had to be changed? I found this skill invaluable as a squishy healer to get away from sticky situations. As a healer I'm already overburdened as it is with my bars, now I supposed to slot Javelin as well?
    • I know ZoS really wants us to use the delayed reactive heal mechanic (I remember the reasoning over the altered long animation to Breath of Life, but we not buying what you are selling. I will admit the hasty morph to Healing Ritual removes one of the main annoyances and makes it potentially situationally useful in PvP, but the danger for interruption is too great by some random DK spamming Deep Breath and it's just safer to Heailng Springs or Energy Orbs spam when volume healing is needed.
    • I'm still not going to use Eclipse. It's too expensive, too easy for the enemy to circumvent, no longer reflects the most dangerous attack (or even crushing shock now for that matter), doesn't do enough damage. It says a lot about the state of templar CC when our one of our CCs does not CC the enemy although it grants CC immunity (for even longer now).
    • I am told the "stamplar" suffers from the same problem as a magicka nightblade: reasonably effective and versatile solo builds, but noncompetitive for end-game Trial DPS. Speaking of DPS, I am a bit worried about my magicka parses because RD 21% reduction is significant. I believe the people who hate this skill's main issue was its range and high damage outside of the execute threshold. That probably would have been a more elegant reform.

Will have more to say with more testing.

Any suggestions for eclipse? I'd like it to be considered a snare with a high cost, similar to talons. That would probably be too strong though.

I offered many suggestions many times in the past. I doubt anyone on the PC NA server has used this ability more than I have, but ZoS has seem intent on giving us this awkward, expensive, and counterproductive spell.

Because it is a debuff, in which the opponent always has the ability to remove it via a CC break (i.e., they don't need purge or cleanse), it has to do more than be a generic reflect because I can get that without my opponent ever being able to remove it. That's the main issue with the spell. Before Orsinium, Eclipse reflected every single "spell" in the game, and before anyone says "That's OP," no, it wasn't, because I was pretty much the only Templar who used it and all of my opponents could always remove it and not be affected by it for 7 seconds. I only used it to be different and it's very rareness caught some of my opponents off guard.

If they returned the original defensive functionality of the spell, reduced the cost, and kept the damage competent as it is now, then that would be enough to at least make somewhat of an option. It would be the easiest rework of the spell. I still don't think many high end templars would use it though because the spell at its base mechanic is always removable by opponents and the free CC immunity is a tough pill too swallow. Plus one of the best uses of the spell in the old days was to defeat DK Wings and meteor them. It would be nice to have interesting counterplay again...

I had an interesting idea with eclipse -

Base Skill no longer reflects, rather it silences.

Total Dark no longer reflects, rather it silences. When the skill ends, the attacker is blinded for 3 seconds.

Unstable Core silences all enemies within a 6M radius for 4 seconds when it detonates. Can now only be put on one target.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can accept almost every change to the class even if I disagree with them, but the blazing shards change is absurd.

The small buffs it received are almost useless. The most common use of this skill in pve dps is spamming it on AoE pulls. The extra duration is pointless. You will not normally see it tick that long before it is replaced by another spear. Liquid lightning and wall are good skills for single target, but spear shards is not. If there was no cooldown on burning light that would be another story, but as it stands it does not deal enough damage to be in a single target rotation. As for the drop time. It feels nearly identical to me. It does not justify loosing the cc in my mind. If this is what made you remove the cc I would rather the travel time be increased back to it's original time.

The removal of the stun is mind boggling to me. Templar has the weakest cc's of all the classes. Taking a option away just sounds absurd to me. Templar needs better and stronger cc's not weaker ones. This removal will increase one of the classes 3 greatest weaknesses in pvp. The other two being mobility, and the inability to play offensively and defensively at the same time. Don't get me wrong everything to have weaknesses and strengths, but there was no need to make this weakness even larger.
    - Mojican
  • LizardThixvim
    LizardThixvim
    ✭✭✭
    Bring the stun back to blazing spears. PLEASE! It is essential for templar as there is no other good class stun, even if you have to revert the change for more damage and add back the stun. DO IT! please
    Edited by LizardThixvim on January 5, 2017 12:53AM
  • imwargasmo
    imwargasmo
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Some of you people post information with nothing to back it up especially when it comes to radiant.Radiant is fine its the reason none of the players who actually play magplar in endgame pve are really complaining your going to still do great damage.Instead of 53k your know dealing 50k still doing more damage then every other spec that's not a DK.Your fine and radiant still going to melt people who are below 40% in PvP.

I know loads of people who are completely losing their *** regarding the magplar nerf. the 21% reduction in tandem with the proc set nerf(grothdarr) is going to reduce magplar DPS by a lot more than 3k; stam classes will be the go to melee DPS and sorcs will stay the go to ranged DPS, also vma will be aids and magplars will have a really hard time taking down heavy armour builds.
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please let us know your logic with regards to the stun removal on shards? I have never ever had one complaint about it in pvp and I use it a lot.
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A range nerf for RD is reasonable in the sense that it would bring it in line with the range of other executes (iirc they all have less range than RD). When selecting that range though some caution has to be taken to avoid it being too short. If it is in bashing range then it's nigh worthless, and it also is an important part of a destro magplar PvP build which already are SO, SO rare. Aside from the one I occasionally run I have only seen one other destro magplar (that wasn't part of a zerg ball).

If we pigeonhole magplar into a melee class we should be sure about it.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    Templar Shards=DK talons to me. Please keep the CC. PLEASE!
    Edited by mingimingi on January 5, 2017 1:34AM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imwargasmo wrote: »

I know loads of people who are completely losing their *** regarding the magplar nerf. the 21% reduction in tandem with the proc set nerf(grothdarr) is going to reduce magplar DPS by a lot more than 3k; stam classes will be the go to melee DPS and sorcs will stay the go to ranged DPS, also vma will be aids and magplars will have a really hard time taking down heavy armour builds.
    Well if that's the case tell all of them to L2P because magplar are fine.For end game PVe Actually when I said 3k DPs I added in proc set DPs which is less than 10% of most builds overall DPS at most the top tier raiders will still be pulling 48k at the least and still 50k at the most.Also no raid runs stam anymore who competing for time and leaderboard its a waste because of all the issues stam have and the fact you have to cater your raid to them so they pull decent numbers.Only people who going to replace Magplar in melee is Magdk and they are the only ones in melee magplar are in medium you know how long of a range sweeps have you don't have to be in melee range to hit a boss with sweeps.If you play Magplar you would know this.The only reason sorcs are the go to range is because MagNB is just trash right now and with the needs they have I don't see them even pushing past 45k DPs now.While magplar will still be hitting 48k+.Learn you class then join the discussion only thing you actually have a valued argument for is VMA.Other then that you have nothing to back up your information with and are just assumptions. If you let a sorc or a magblade out DPs you in a magplar even with issues then just that .
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if that's the case tell all of them to L2P because magplar are fine.For end game PVe Actually when I said 3k DPs I added in proc set DPs which is less than 10% of most builds overall DPS at most the top tier raiders will still be pulling 48k at the least and still 50k at the most.Also no raid runs stam anymore who competing for time and leaderboard its a waste because of all the issues stam have and the fact you have to cater your raid to them so they pull decent numbers.Only people who going to replace Magplar in melee is Magdk and they are the only ones in melee magplar are in medium you know how long of a range sweeps have you don't have to be in melee range to hit a boss with sweeps.If you play Magplar you would know this.The only reason sorcs are the go to range is because MagNB is just trash right now and with the needs they have I don't see them even pushing past 45k DPs now.While magplar will still be hitting 48k+.Learn you class then join the discussion only thing you actually have a valued argument for is VMA.Other then that you have nothing to back up your information with and are just assumptions. If you let a sorc or a magblade out DPs you in a magplar even with issues then just that .

When did you start playing a DPS magplar, Mr. Stamblade?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    @Alcast
    @templesus
    @ManDraKE
    @Liam12548
    @Some_Guy
    @Spearblade
    @Zinaroth
    @WldKarde
    @izzakhalil
    @Vulsin

Just tagged all the Stamplar mains that I can think of. I am requesting two things from you all-

1) Can we all agree that, if anything, Biting Jabs needs to be addressed in some manner before HOMESTEAD hits live?
    2) Can we please pollute this thread with Stamplar's rustled jimmies to ensure we are infact the squeekiest wheel?

1. I just wish any dev played stamplar for a day only using jabs, and 90% of the people they fight are stam nbs. It's ridiculous how they dodge roll while u try to jab them so u miss every single one and hit you wit an instant cast surprise attack.
    2. Put painly, our sustain is horrendous. We must sacrifice major damage to be anywhere near on par with the other stamina classes and our damage is already at the bottom. Don't believe me? Ask all the stamplars in cyrodiil. Oh wait...
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago a ran VMOL on it and a few other trials with it.Its stupid man I love it in PVE Still need to get 1 or two more pieces of mother sorrows or BSW and am good.I also talked to many magplar about it and they all laughed their saying ohh no more 70-80k RD ticks hello to the 65-67k ticks.The change is fine you guys are overreacting.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's simple to help stamplars zeni, fix biting Jabs so it doesn't miss 75% of the time, change binding/aurora javelin to binding/aurora smite which is a hard cc that is undodgeable similar to petrify(good for mag and stam), buff our sustain to be on par with other Stam classes, make rune focus put on your character instead of ground (being on the ground ruins our mobility which you need as stam) and we are competing with the other classes again. Please hear me out @zos_wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago a ran VMOL on it and a few other trials with it.Its stupid man I love it in PVE Still need to get 1 or two more pieces of mother sorrows or BSW and am good.I also talked to many magplar about it and they all laughed their saying ohh no more 70-80k RD ticks hello to the 65-67k ticks.The change is fine you guys are overreacting.

It's easy to say you know a lot of magplars who are fine with it. It's much harder to name those magplars.