The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on rubedo, rubedite and ancestor silk and even blue, green and purple upgrades is much higher since tam one update. Sure a few people complain about this but the majority of people like this. This was a win across the board except for some hardcore farmers who still can get a very nice profit from a stack of any of these. They just don't walk away with 15k for it. If you increased the drop rate on the gold upgrades nobody would balk. It would be a good thing and you would still be able to charge for housing because I doubt anyone is going to be giving away any of this stuff dirt cheap based on skills required to even make the writs. Not many people playing have them because research alone with the long term commitment ensures that with players not often sticking around long enough to keep up with it.

It would be a win for all. You would still have your crown store sales. Players could buy things in the game if they wanted to put the effort in. More players would be able to get gold gear. I don't know how you look at things, but it looks like this is driving people to the crown store. But if people feel forced to go there they will balk and many won't just to make a point especially if this becomes a problem with scarcity and higher prices on legendary items. As I said in another thread, it almost felt like 'oh we want to do this for you so we are going to give you this wonderful housing you have wanted for soooooooo long.' And then you get this great gift and see the price tag and think 'WTH man. That's not cool.'
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 12, 2017 4:42PM
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two things that should be changed before master crafting writs go live:
    1. Remove any legendary improvement requirements from master writs
    2. Change motif collection to be account-wide opposed to per character basis
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yes to the account-wide for research and motifs. I've literally played my crafter for 50 days of in game time and 20 months real time! I checked with /played. I just now finished 9 trait crafter and I still don't have all the motifs. Draugr just might kill me, the drop rate is so low. It is too much to have to get motifs and research on all your toons, like there are not enough hours in the day. AND that is basically what you have to do to decorate the houses in any meaningful way. Please don't make this soul sucking...
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Yes to the account-wide for research and motifs. I've literally played my crafter for 50 days of in game time and 20 months real time! I checked with /played. I just now finished 9 trait crafter and I still don't have all the motifs. Draugr just might kill me, the drop rate is so low. It is too much to have to get motifs and research on all your toons, like there are not enough hours in the day. AND that is basically what you have to do to decorate the houses in any meaningful way. Please don't make this soul sucking...

I am fine with per character based trait research. It shows a time investment into the craft. Motifs however are not only a time sink, but also a large gold (or crowns) sink and should be account-wide.
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am fine with per character based trait research. It shows a time investment into the craft. Motifs however are not only a time sink, but also a large gold (or crowns) sink and should be account-wide.

I agree.

But even if they did make traits and motifs account-wide, it wouldn't solve the problem of the vouchers being not bankable. We need to be able to pool them from all characters in order to have a chance at getting anything in a reasonable time frame.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main issue with this whole Master Crafting Writ system is that the rewards for being a master crafter aren't enough to justify the high materials cost.

First, just "no" to legendary material requirements. If the plan is to suck master crafters dry of their legendary materials so that they have to buy them from farmers that's just a slap in the face for all the time and effort we've put into this.

Second, the "rewards" for being a Master Crafter are furnishings? While I think the target skeleton, if it's tradable, will perhaps provide a source of income, the other items are just convenience items or exclusive "decorations."

While there is a new motif, we all know how little we use all of the motifs we've been assiduously collecting over the years. Since crafted sets aren't on par with any of the dropped sets (with few exceptions), what is the point of being a master crafter?

You have to give us more than a system that rewards us with convenience crafting tables and exclusive decorations at a price that will drain us of all our precious hard-earned resources. If you added the things that we've been asking for, namely trait and style changes, then perhaps your new RNG-heavy, resource-draining, make-the-Crown-Store-more-desirable system would be worth our time.

Put in a tool that allows us to change traits. Add a table that allows us to change the style of gear. Then, we can talk. But adding a cost-prohibitive RNG system that rewards us not with being master crafters but with things that make it more convenient to remain irrelevant means that I won't be doing any of these stupid time/resource wasters.

And, while I also appreciate that we can craft furniture, and that you've created a LOT of plans that require a master crafter (i.e. knowledge of multiple trades), in the end it's just another bone you've thrown to us. The amount of mats required to create any of the furnishings is designed to be a time-suck, material-suck, and ultimately to be a driver to the Crown Store. We all can see this very clearly. At this point, until I get enough mats/plans to furnish a home with BASIC furnishings, I'll be sticking to my free inn rooms and saving my gold for probably ONE house. What's the point of owning multiple homes if you can't furnish them without having LOTS of gold or real-life money.

TLDR: Unless you make crafted sets competitive with dropped gear and give us Master Crafting perks such as trait/style change, this whole system is a joke and a waste of time/resources.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay banking the writ so my crafter can do it also works.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Requiring legendary mats is deal breaker for me unless I am guaranteed to get them back 2 for 1. It's just not worth it otherwise.

I can't even get enough to make legendary armor and weps for my characters.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 12, 2017 8:07PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The motif part of Master Crafting is going to be an issue for many people. I've gotten MW's which request the motif be one from a DLC, which I see as an issue for people who don't own the DLC or "ESO plus membership".

It also does not acknowledge items crafted by an alternative character and I have characters whose concept has never involved the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood so I object to receiving a request for "Order of the Hour" style on a character which was never going to do the DB DLC.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The motif part of Master Crafting is going to be an issue for many people. I've gotten MW's which request the motif be one from a DLC, which I see as an issue for people who don't own the DLC or "ESO plus membership".

It also does not acknowledge items crafted by an alternative character and I have characters whose concept has never involved the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood so I object to receiving a request for "Order of the Hour" style on a character which was never going to do the DB DLC.

I'll add to this that requiring us to craft a set located in a DLC is also an issue. I'm not an ESO+ member any more since you can't seem to get it to work properly on XB. I've purchased all DLC I'll play. I'm not a PVPer or endgame PVEer, so I couldn't care less about IC or the Hist Pack and will not purchase them just to complete a master writ. I do, however, have Xivkyn and Akaviri, as you can purchase motif pages from guild traders without owning the DLC. But, you can't get to the crafting station without it.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I'll add to this that requiring us to craft a set located in a DLC is also an issue. I'm not an ESO+ member any more since you can't seem to get it to work properly on XB. I've purchased all DLC I'll play. I'm not a PVPer or endgame PVEer, so I couldn't care less about IC or the Hist Pack and will not purchase them just to complete a master writ. I do, however, have Xivkyn and Akaviri, as you can purchase motif pages from guild traders without owning the DLC. But, you can't get to the crafting station without it.
    No its not an issue at all. DLCs are part of the game. The fact that u refuse to buy the DLCs and the motifs is ur problem. This "i couldnt care less about ur DLCs so change it" mentality is dumb. Either buy the DLCs and motifs or sell the writ.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, the "big pitch" of this DLC is player housing, but the crafting system designed to drive it basically means if you are not willing to buy your house with crowns, you may as well not bother. The resource cost of furniture, decorations, and MW basically makes all of them a fool's errand to complete. Every one you do, you will LOSE money on.

As posted earlier, the only way to make this system not make all housing efforts shamelessly crown-store-dependent, is to significantly increase the amount of raw materials, improvement items, and style items to a level where dedicated crafters will not go bankrupt doing their job!

Ultimately this will break the entire economy of the game and the only ones who will benefit are gold farmers. You may see an initial uptick in crown store sales, but over time, you will lose the long game. Any MMO that pushes the cash shop too hard usually falls on its face....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: DLC crafting stations, don't forget that if you have an atunable table set to them you can still use it without access to the DLC...and so can anyone who visits your house. So if you get a Writ for a DLC set, and you don't have the DLC, find a friend who has it set to a table in their house and use theirs.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

No its not an issue at all. DLCs are part of the game. The fact that u refuse to buy the DLCs and the motifs is ur problem. This "i couldnt care less about ur DLCs so change it" mentality is dumb. Either buy the DLCs and motifs or sell the writ.

No. It is not their problem. It is yet another way to force people to buy what they do not want just so they can participate. And it will be just one more person in an ever growing line they alienate. Think I'm wrong? They redid all the pledges so that DLC dungeons have their own quest giver. People were so pissed and tired of them being part of the rotations of dungeons they didn't want and subs they didnt' want to be part of that it had to be done. They'll have to fix it or they will alienate players. Get it through you thick skull that people can well refuse to buy whatever they want and then THEY ABSOLUTELY CAN BALK at someone that is basically passed off as 'everyone can participate' but then makes it so if you do not have DLC or Plus you really can't participate. Outside of this little microcosm of gaming, if a company did that they would likely be sued. Technically, I don't think they promised no DLC would be involved but if they did they would be breaking their word to their customers. They get away with lots of questionable tactics in the gaming world mostly because the vast majority of their customers are kids who don't know jack about business and are addicted to games - young, naive addicts essentially. Pull have this crap anywhere else in the business world and this business would fold within a year.

Time to ignore you. Your rudeness never seems to stop. Ugh.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While there are many things to question regarding the master writ implementation (pretty much everyone has mentioned the absurdly large cost of legendary gold mats), this really is not one of them.

DLCs are part of the game, and actual content. If you don't have Orsinium, you can't get the vMA weapons. Similarly with other DLC content. If you do not eso+, or do not buy the DLCs (which are actually quite reasonably priced considering how much content you get out of them), you miss out on functionality in the game, that's just how it is, and that is your choice.

Even without DLCs, you still have a hundred opportunities to participate in master writs. Many of them are base game sets, you can also trade and buy master writs, meaning you can sell off any of the DLC ones your characters pick up (and I imagine these will sell for quite a large amount of gold considering how many vouchers they give), and you can buy any for the base game sets that other people sell as well.

Basically, the game is offering you to participate in the writs you can make yourself, sell off those you can't make for lots of gold, and buy some you can make if you want more.
    And yet you come here crying your guts out about unfairness? This seems rather spoiled to me, like saying you should get vMA weapons from DSA since you don't want to buy the DLC.

Your post is also somewhat ignorant, the Order of the Hour style has nothing to do with the DB questline. Anyone can craft OOtH style as long as they have the mats (which drop from the Gold Coast zone or can be bought in every store), and the motifs (which drop from world boss dailies in Gold Coast, and are also sold in every store), meaning even if you don't even own the DLC, you can buy whatever you need in guild stores and still make it.

This is a petty complaint, let it go.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 13, 2017 7:31AM
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    I managed to make this for convenience for people. This is what the prices are currently on the PTS for the Writ Voucher Shop.
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    Since I became an "all 9s" crafter on my main on Christmas Day, I say bring it on. I already got all the gear I need. I do think I'll be buying every Tempering Alloy under 20k on XBox today though.

NA server? I'll sell you a good amount just under 20k per. lol
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ravenfaye911
    Special snowflake much?

If this is how frustrated you get when you aren't rewarded with cosmetics, I can't even imagine how hard you will cry once you set your eyes on Maelstrom Weapons.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Doesn't soul shriven drop from what used to be Cadwells silver? The only thing I see as a rip is the legendary upgrade mats. I wasn't forced to spend any money on motifs that are being used in these writs, although I do have both cs exclusive ones. So saying you "have" to buy them is incorrect. You can choose to buy them, purchase with gold or even farm them. I check kiosks all the time and find missing ones pretty cheap, bought 2 different drauher motifs for 5k ea yesterday. So they are available and cheap enough.

But seriously is the soul shrivel not available through Cadwell anymore?

I don't know I completed Cadwell's silver many moons ago...circa end of 2014 early 2015. I certainly never got any motifs for any of the Silver or Gold content. Just some measely gold and an achievement in the list a pat on the back and a buh bye.

On PTS I didn't have it and the guild stores aren't up so I bought it. On live...when I have maybe 150K gold to my name and have to supply legendary mats for a master writ...spend more for an entire set of a motif that makes me want to gag just looking at it? No. :P I'd rather spend gold on getting the rest of all my CP160 characters into gold gear...and that's a lot more gold than I have, doing just one wipes me out and then I"m off farming again for trade items, more mats and quest gold to get another one done. The good gear, dungeon gear, which I have tons of, is no longer tradeable...I've got a few million gold worth of those sets in my inventories but meh...I just conclude that they SAY that you can get all this stuff without crowns, while technically true, the cost to do this in game is so high that spending 400 crowns on an item will be so much EASIER than crafting several master writs. And that's the plan I'm sure! :wink:

Soul shriven motif is indeed avaible via the cadwell silver and if you don't have il you canot buy it from the stores since is a bop item

But apperantly not retroactive. Which kinda sucks because 6 of the 8 toons I have were done before that change.

It is retroactive.
    Well, it was. Once the motif got implemented into the game, it looked for your progress in Cadwell Silver and awarded you with the motif.
    I got it, and I did Cadwell Silver ages ago.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. It is not their problem. It is yet another way to force people to buy what they do not want just so they can participate. And it will be just one more person in an ever growing line they alienate. Think I'm wrong? They redid all the pledges so that DLC dungeons have their own quest giver. People were so pissed and tired of them being part of the rotations of dungeons they didn't want and subs they didnt' want to be part of that it had to be done. They'll have to fix it or they will alienate players. Get it through you thick skull that people can well refuse to buy whatever they want and then THEY ABSOLUTELY CAN BALK at someone that is basically passed off as 'everyone can participate' but then makes it so if you do not have DLC or Plus you really can't participate. Outside of this little microcosm of gaming, if a company did that they would likely be sued. Technically, I don't think they promised no DLC would be involved but if they did they would be breaking their word to their customers. They get away with lots of questionable tactics in the gaming world mostly because the vast majority of their customers are kids who don't know jack about business and are addicted to games - young, naive addicts essentially. Pull have this crap anywhere else in the business world and this business would fold within a year.

Time to ignore you. Your rudeness never seems to stop. Ugh.

Yes they are a company and they want to make money. They want people to buy their DLC. Thats why they made those in the first place. Thats what companies do. They make products, promote them and making them more desirable so people can buy them. What did u expect? But it doesnt force u to buy the DLC. Its nothing like DLC dungs. You can still participate, you can still do the writs and sell those of the DLC. Hell, you can even do those from the DLC too by buying the motifs and putting stations in ur house. But ofc that requires to work for it and people dont want to do that. They want everything handed to them cause they cba to work for it. And im rude cause i dont agree with that? No im just being straight and the truth hurts. You are the one who needs to get it through ur thick skull. You can refuse to pay for DLC but dont feel entitled to play the content that you havent payed for . Yes there are issues with the writs and there are people who gave good feedback on what are the problems. Im not talking about those people. Im talking about the people that are asking for everything they dont have and cba to work for to be removed or changed so they can do the writs and get the absolute best rewards from them. Sorry that i do not agree with this moronic view. Another player was literally telling someone that he is ruining the game cause he is rich in gold mats and you are telling me that im rude? So now not only they should have everything handed to them but anyone else that actually worked for it and invested time, its ruining the game. But im the rude guy here. Just lol. Im just going to quote someone here who sums it up perfectly and read it carefully before u tell me again how rude i am to those people.
    Junipus wrote: »
    So many people are insulting master crafters by demanding everything without a lot of work.

This is designed to reward those who've invested a ridiculous amount of time and gold into learning every motif, researching every trait and gathering as many materials as they've felt necessary. When they need to spend 200k on a Master writ which rewards them enough vouchers to buy a training skeleton or Ambrosia recipe then they reap the benefits by selling to those who haven't invested such a large amount.

Sure you might get lucky having only started paying attention to this *** since PTS dropped, but it doesn't mean you should be entitled to the same opportunities as those who've invested a *** more.

• Troycules
    Troycules
    Soul Shriven
    Having trouble with a Ravage Magicka Poison Master Crafting Writ. Had this trouble before -- I have the right formula but it wouldn't give me credit for having completed. After logging off and in again, it started working.

Got the stupid thing again, only this time it won't work at all.

Damage Magicka with:
    - lingering health
    - restore health
    - ravage magicka

Blue Entoloma/Butterfly Wing/Scrib Jelly

(Alkahist, of course)

Of course I tried all sorts of other concoctions, but that's the recipe that worked before.

Anyone else having issues with this?
    Edited by Troycules on January 13, 2017 3:59PM
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Workaround: Purchase attuned crafting stations from another crafter. Probably expensive, but at least you can use in game gold instead of real money.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troycules wrote: »
    Having trouble with a Ravage Magicka Poison Master Crafting Writ. Had this trouble before -- I have the right formula but it wouldn't give me credit for having completed. After logging off and in again, it started working.

Damage Magicka with:
    - lingering health
    - restore health
    - ravage magicka

(Alkahist, of course)

Of course I tried all sorts of other concoctions, but that's the recipe that worked before.

Yes, poison writs don't work at all. Some potion writs are impossible.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I will sell them. And, as I mentioned, I do purchase the motifs. Interesting that you chose to barf all over my comment but not the one I was responding to, which mentioned the "issue" of not having DLC motifs, which can easily be purchased from traders. I still think it's an issue for those who don't want to play the associated DLC, as they'll either have to fork over the cash for DLC they won't ever play or sell them. I will do the latter.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

While there are many things to question regarding the master writ implementation (pretty much everyone has mentioned the absurdly large cost of legendary gold mats), this really is not one of them.

DLCs are part of the game, and actual content. If you don't have Orsinium, you can't get the vMA weapons. Similarly with other DLC content. If you do not eso+, or do not buy the DLCs (which are actually quite reasonably priced considering how much content you get out of them), you miss out on functionality in the game, that's just how it is, and that is your choice.

Even without DLCs, you still have a hundred opportunities to participate in master writs. Many of them are base game sets, you can also trade and buy master writs, meaning you can sell off any of the DLC ones your characters pick up (and I imagine these will sell for quite a large amount of gold considering how many vouchers they give), and you can buy any for the base game sets that other people sell as well.

Basically, the game is offering you to participate in the writs you can make yourself, sell off those you can't make for lots of gold, and buy some you can make if you want more.
    And yet you come here crying your guts out about unfairness? This seems rather spoiled to me, like saying you should get vMA weapons from DSA since you don't want to buy the DLC.

Your post is also somewhat ignorant, the Order of the Hour style has nothing to do with the DB questline. Anyone can craft OOtH style as long as they have the mats (which drop from the Gold Coast zone or can be bought in every store), and the motifs (which drop from world boss dailies in Gold Coast, and are also sold in every store), meaning even if you don't even own the DLC, you can buy whatever you need in guild stores and still make it.

This is a petty complaint, let it go.

Your response was at least a little more respectful, but I respectfully say that I was NOT as you put it "crying my guts out." I'm sorry that I even mentioned it now, as I was already prepared to sell any writs I got (if I even bother to do them in the first place) that I couldn't do, even ones I could do if they required legendary mats. But, I saw the comment about the DLC motifs and thought I'd add that DLC sets could also be in the writs.

But, I was not complaining that they shouldn't be included, but that they would be an issue for people who don't have the DLC. However, the REAL issue for me is that ESO+ doesn't work on XB. That's the real sore spot for me, as if it did work, I'd have access to all the DLC as I'd be a subscriber, but I don't want to purchase content outright that I'm not going to play. So, I griped about not wanting to buy the DLC, which was related to that fact and not that they were included in the writs. Ah well...I do appreciate your overall balanced reply.

However, I did mention specifically that I do buy motifs for the DLC I do not own, so I know that they are readily available from traders, so please don't call me "ignorant." EDIT: Actually, I see now that you were commenting about the statement linking OotH with the DB questline. Sorry, I get punchy sometimes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 13, 2017 8:28PM
  • Troycules
    Troycules
    Soul Shriven
    helediron wrote: »

Damage Magicka with:
    - lingering health
    - restore health
    - ravage magicka

(Alkahist, of course)

Thx, I read through this thread b4 I posted but didn't see that anywhere.
  • CaptFuse
    CaptFuse
    Solution: Specialty items that take different skills
    Most people do not master multiple skills (real life)
    Many Characters have split crafting up between different toons
    Example: (Blueprint): Tools, Case

Solution A: Make separately and combine
    Make the Metalworking piece: 10 Metalworking, (Regulus, Nickel)
    Make the Rune-crafting piece: 6 Potency Improvements (Mundane Rune, Nickel)
    Make the Woodworking Piece: 10 Woodworking (Heartwood, Nickel, Rosin)
    You now have three different items, take to crafting area and combine for tool case
    Option: Make combining items across different skills a new skill in crafting.
    Option: Have a special crafting area for combining items.

Solution B: Have players group together at special crafting area to make item
    Player 1: 10 Metalworking, (Regulus, Nickel)
    Player 2: 6 Potency Improvements (Mundane Rune, Nickel)
    Player 3: 10 Woodworking (Heartwood, Nickel, Rosin)
    Option: Player that has all three required skills could do it on their own or could be split between two players.
  • CaptFuse
    CaptFuse
    Master Crafting Writs
    Part 1
    Solution to outcry about Legendary Master Crafting Writs
    Make the writs have two different levels of completion
    (Thieving has different levels of awards for numbers of areas pickpocketed)
    A player can complete the Master Writ with Epic, but will receive better award with Legendary

Part 2
    Question: When can you start to get them?
    Crafting starts to get repetitive and boring in the mid twenties
    Normal writs lose their excitement.
    Can Master Crafting Writs be phased in starting in mid level crafting.
    Solution: Have multiple levels of master crafting writs. You would get higher Master Crafting Writs at higher levels of crafting and/or after completing lower level of writs. Higher level of writs would give better awards.

Example

Level 1 Master Crafting Writ: Create Fine or Superior item Orichalcum Ingot Axe in one of basic styles (Orc) with an easy trait (Sharpened, Fire Opal)

Level 2 Master Crafting Writ: Add an easy set requirement, something with only a couple traits researched like Death Wind with 2 traits researched: Create Fine or a Superior Death Wind Dwarven Ingot Mace in one of basic styles (Orc) with an easy trait (Training, Emerald)

Level 3 Master Crafting Writ: Add a higher temper: Create a Superior or Epic Dwarven Ingot Helm in one of basic styles (Nord) with an easy trait (Reinforced, Sardonyx)

Level 4 Master Crafting Writ: Add a 3 trait research item: Create a Torug’s Pact Superior or Epic Calcinium Ingot Battle Axe in one of basic styles (Breton) with an easy trait (Sharpened, Fire Opal)

Level 5 Master Crafting Writ: Add a tougher style: Create a Torug’s Pact Superior or Epic item Galatite Ingot Axe in one of less basic styles (Barbaric) with an trait (Sharpened, Fire Opal)

(just an example the progression through levels, actually progression should be based on rarity of items and skills)

Continuing on as many level as you need.
    Increasing levels would continue to require better materials, harder to get styles, less abundant traits, and increasing harder set to make (requiring more research traits)

Options: Maybe come up with different names for different level of writs, and only call the higher level writs ‘Master’.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay

Damage Magicka with:
    - lingering health
    - restore health
    - ravage magicka

(Alkahist, of course)

Are you a toxicologist? I was able to complete a poison writ no problem.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay

Damage Magicka with:
    - lingering health
    - restore health
    - ravage magicka

(Alkahist, of course)

Are you a toxicologist? I was able to complete a poison writ no problem.
    Yes i am and i know the system completely. Did you try them this week? I did last week and 2.7.0 known issues mentioned poison writs don't advance. I tried three times and all failed to advance from correct poison. It might be that 2.7.1 fixed something.

I'll retest everything in writs and master writs next week after 2.7.2 patch and EU copies.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    If its been mentioned before I will second it here, otherwise....

The requirement of having learned motifs to increase chances of getting a master writ. I don't think this is a good idea for the following 3 reasons-

1 - Motifs are all getting so silly in their design its not really worth it for a lot of us to spend hours and hours grinding or spend thousands of gold for just one page of a motif that is so ugly we will never use it and no one with any sense of style will ever want. I tend to own just the few pages that have an item I like the looks of, and a lot of my friends do the same, not wanting to waste money or time on a motif page for an item we cant stand to look at.

2 - Owning a motif doesn't necessarily mean I am a better blacksmith/clothier/woodworker, anyone with a base low skill in one craft can own a motif. Research is directly influencing our skill as one of the crafter types, but anyone with a few minutes and some luck/gold can get a motif page, no skill or very little skill required.

3 - I own a lot of the motifs on my main crafter but until now have not had any reason to buy/grind for all of them on my other 10 crafters, that would make the insanity tenfold. There are a lot of other people who did this. So doing a writ on these characters will mean I am getting the short end of the stick just because I have one primary crafter with motifs and the other 10 dont even own the blue motifs? Will this mean I need to spend hundreds of thousands of gold (times 10 characters) to get the remaining motifs so I have a decent chance of getting a master writ? Especially when you consider reason 1 and 2 above.

So please at least reduce the effect of motifs on master writ chance or cap it at the basic motifs (Imperial/Barbaric/Daedric/etc)