The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Miat's PVP Alerts Addon

NedicWildling
NedicWildling
✭✭✭
Step right up! Step right up! Boy do I have an offer for you.

Would you like to....... Counter of players around you. Provides the numbers of all players (white number) and players of a specific faction (colored numbers) in a large radius around you. You can mouseover the colored number and as long as it's not zero you will get a list of all detected players of the corresponding faction. Alternatively you can use the keybinds to show/hide the lists.

Another amazing feature Kill On Sight (KOS) system. This feature allows you to add a person to KOS list and to get notified if this person is nearby on any character of his account.

Clearly this is all allowed by the api, but it seems like too much info, don't even want to assume if this addon has been out there for a long time before it going public.

Some amazing insight from author.

f3a021d04d70440c97fa8e79035922fa.png

"It balances stealth before zos decides to" gg wp.

b3c467894b1e4aa1ba7234a24d0ee67b.png

edited

So the addon doesn't tell you where they are, yet it's advertised as a COUNTER OF PLAYERS AROUND YOU.

For the sake of giving an example, and this ofc is all hypothetical, let's say there is a @Manoekin small man group running around, say about 21, going around capping back keeps at will, and say a small group of players that could be capable of bombing a group like that from stealth are around the keep while Mano fights those hefty front door npcs in an attempt to take down the front door, even though i dont doubt their ability to at least have some awareness that they MIGHT be bombed, this addon will just show ASNEAKYPICKEL, and then mano knows exactly what is gonna happen if they stack or who else might come in to help. Seems like too much information.

Addon Link : http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1545-MiatsPVPAlerts.html

[Title Edited]

Edit : Doesn't want to use Magelight CHECK, doesn't want to get higher HP CHECK, instead of using things provided by the game to counter a build, he makes an addon to cancel out a build entirely. GG WP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqEq8mxwt2M
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me, should have been implemented earlier, benefits everyone imo except gankers so its fine
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The games API shows all that information?

W T F - if this isn´t banned rip ganking.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NedicWildling
    NedicWildling
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I don't see it from a perspective of ganking, I see from a perspective of giving awareness to players that have 0 awareness. If DC & AD are fighting at Brindle and that faction counter at the bottom lights up with 9 EP that you haven't seen yourself and otherwise without the addon would have no knowledge that they were in the keep, how is that ok?

0c70ffcbae604d569fa0b7b378eafcab.png
    Edited by NedicWildling on December 16, 2016 5:57PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No more ganking? Sounds good to me! :stuck_out_tongue: I can't imagine counting stealthed players (or some of the other things it does) are intended functions of the API though. Will be interesting to see which API functions are in use and how they're working together.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mod is one of a few that supports ZoS' original intention to ban custom mods.

I didn't think a player caste could stoop lower than "casual", until I saw this mod. You probably need to play a different game if you need to need an app to tell you when a chanelled attack started, how many enemies are around a keep, and if you need a warning for gankers while you are running in enemy territory.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see it from a perspective of ganking, I see from a perspective of giving awareness to players that have 0 awareness. If DC & AD are fighting at Brindle and that faction counter at the bottom lights up with 9 EP that you haven't seen yourself and otherwise without the addon would have no knowledge that they were in the keep, how is that ok?

To be honest - that was a basic game feature in daoc on release (guards of claimed keeps would alert the guildchat - which the guild proceeded to post to zone or alliance chats).

However having an indicator when attacks from stealth against you start - uh oh. That sounds really bad tbh.
    <Noricum>

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Another thing we can all crutch on to be even better at the game! Because there weren't already enough crutches in this game. I hope this addon gets disabled.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the performance hit isn't too big from the addon, the most entertaining aspect would be when you fight an EP guild and they say we only have 6 in group bruh, and your addon says 20 EP lol. Will help with the zerg goggles to give you a perspective of how even the fights are in terms of pugs nearby.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also mentioned in the general discussion topic for this addon, since this deals exclusively with PVP, there will be no change until after February and the housing patch. If it affected PVE, it would hotfixed this week.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To be honest - that was a basic game feature in daoc on release (guards of claimed keeps would alert the guildchat - which the guild proceeded to post to zone or alliance chats).

However having an indicator when attacks from stealth against you start - uh oh. That sounds really bad tbh.

I installed this addon the moment I saw him link it in a discord. It is entirely as advertised. It will not work too well until you build a database (which are shareable we have figured out, and throughout a wednesday of pvp we recorded around 1300 unique accounts on trueflame campaign if anyone is interested in numbers like that).

@Derra yes, I have received the stealth attack warning as you say and blocked entire stealth openers because of it. This part seems rather broken honestly. As for @NedicWildling comment about how rank doesn't make a difference... he missed the point. Miat (who made the addon) has been ganking for a long time, so it's from that perspective this addon comes from.

If you want some laughs though, download this and whisper the gankers you know are following you now. I've gotten some pretty good reactions.

The amount of information is enormous also as mentioned. I enjoy it because I prefer straight up fights, and knowing who I'm fighting helps in that regard. For any other situation the only purpose it serves is seeing how high the red number gets when I'm next to PM. The record so far is in the 60's I think.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know Miat is a good players but taking his own step into nerfing stealth isnt the right direction either.
    This can be really abused, another thing that hurts small scale whether you are a one shot ganker or not and this is the exact reason of why players don't balance most games.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found out about this recently and didnt say anything because of the amount of rage it will put out in stream and community. I know the AD Im fighting are using it though, like @Manoekin pointed out. It doesnt really matter in my case mostly, theyre just watching the stream to see where I go anywhere on the map anyway and even what Id like to do if they do show up etc.

But itd sure balance things in my favor to use it. Not to mention all the stream snipers. This is likely going to cause changes though and add-ons may lose some of their capabilities.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop lambasting the addon author. I tip my head in thanks, cause you can bet that he isn't the first one to discover this functionality. He is just the first one to make it public and even the playing field.

So, Miat, kudos for figuring it out, but much more for releasing it to public domain. Thanks and bless you.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seems like cheating to me, and the names involved don't surprise me in the least.

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat's cc tracker add-on should be removed as well. A player should recognize when and what they are cced by from experience, not from an add-on.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought about this is...with all this information being sent from server to each client. Is all this "extra" information passing back and forth part of the lag issues we are having? Is this data intended to be sent or are the dev's just unaware of what the game is doing? I find no fault in the author making the add-on, it is using the api's from zos...if you have a problem with this add-on blame the dev's for allowing us to get the data.

I also wonder how many other add-ons like this are out there and not made public by the author.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat's cc tracker add-on should be removed as well. A player should recognize when and what they are cced by from experience, not from an add-on.

When console players talk about PC gamers needing add-ons to git gud, I guess we know who they are talking about.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disagree there. When there's lag and no animations, no red circles, invisible negates, etc. CC Tracker is a godsend.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    I found out about this recently and didnt say anything because of the amount of rage it will put out in stream and community. I know the AD Im fighting are using it though, like @Manoekin pointed out. It doesnt really matter in my case mostly, theyre just watching the stream to see where I go anywhere on the map anyway and even what Id like to do if they do show up etc.

But itd sure balance things in my favor to use it. Not to mention all the stream snipers. This is likely going to cause changes though and add-ons may lose some of their capabilities.

If anything, ZOS's response (which will probably make things worse and break PvP more) will just encourage more secrecy in the PvP community.

Fewer and fewer people will disclose the secret addons, broken gear/skills, and even external programs they are using to have a competitive advantage in PvP. The publishing of this addon speaks more to all the things that people haven't disclosed thus far.

Just proves the real definition of "L2P" and "get gud" is "find an exploit, addon or other trick that gives you an advantage and don't tell anyone." Just let your guild use your private addon and brag in discord about how much better players they are then the plebs who run an unaltered game.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 16, 2016 7:03PM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing this add-on does that I don't like is it can inform you when someone is channeling a heavy attack on you from stealth. That's broken. Besides that I think the add-on is fine
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing this add-on does that I don't like is it can inform you when someone is channeling a heavy attack on you from stealth. That's broken. Besides that I think the add-on is fine

I would add the letting you know when other players are in stealth nearby to that, but in general, the remainder isn't so much a problem, but then the remainder isn't so much useful.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because seeing the names of an entire raid stealthed up ready to burst a keep deep in enemy territory isn't broken at all?

Does the stealth detection of this particular addon only work in a particular range? if so, then it would be entirely possible to use old school triangulation and accurately place ALL enemy troop movements on a mini-map. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been already done. It would explain how certain groups can always seem to predict stealth keep takes.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

I installed this addon the moment I saw him link it in a discord. It is entirely as advertised. It will not work too well until you build a database (which are shareable we have figured out, and throughout a wednesday of pvp we recorded around 1300 unique accounts on trueflame campaign if anyone is interested in numbers like that).

@Derra yes, I have received the stealth attack warning as you say and blocked entire stealth openers because of it. This part seems rather broken honestly. As for @NedicWildling comment about how rank doesn't make a difference... he missed the point. Miat (who made the addon) has been ganking for a long time, so it's from that perspective this addon comes from.

If you want some laughs though, download this and whisper the gankers you know are following you now. I've gotten some pretty good reactions.

The amount of information is enormous also as mentioned. I enjoy it because I prefer straight up fights, and knowing who I'm fighting helps in that regard. For any other situation the only purpose it serves is seeing how high the red number gets when I'm next to PM. The record so far is in the 60's I think.

I´ve tried it now - to be honest i like the anti gank functionality.
    Sadly it won´t work against bow heavies as they are preloadable.

Finally something that atleast gives some form of counterplay to getting ganked - because the first thing when stepping into cyro solo ofc was getting insta ganked by a proccblade - oh so much fun.
    Edited by Derra on December 16, 2016 7:15PM
    <Noricum>

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    I know Miat is a good players but taking his own step into nerfing stealth isnt the right direction either.
    This can be really abused, another thing that hurts small scale whether you are a one shot ganker or not and this is the exact reason of why players don't balance most games.

How does it hurt small scale?

Why not take a stance on it? It's a public addon, not like it was being floated privately. It'd be more productive than posting proc build videos. Also, it's not hard to find blue players where the only blue swords on the map are, and with this addon they can easily see if you're in the area (since you know I'm using it). I think you worry about stream sniping too much. All the times I've watched I've not seen you ganked (though I'm sure it does happen), and I've not known a single person on AD who listens to your stream to know any of your plans.

Because seeing the names of an entire raid stealthed up ready to burst a keep deep in enemy territory isn't broken at all?

Does the stealth detection of this particular addon only work in a particular range? if so, then it would be entirely possible to use old school triangulation and accurately place ALL enemy troop movements on a mini-map. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been already done. It would explain how certain groups can always seem to predict stealth keep takes.

The stealth detection works in a range. I'm not entirely sure what the range is, but I also believe they have to enter stealth while within your range. I've seen players come out of stealth that weren't on my list.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Chori wrote: »

How does it hurt small scale?

Why not take a stance on it? It's a public addon, not like it was being floated privately. It'd be more productive than posting proc build videos. Also, it's not hard to find blue players where the only blue swords on the map are, and with this addon they can easily see if you're in the area (since you know I'm using it). I think you worry about stream sniping too much. All the times I've watched I've not seen you ganked (though I'm sure it does happen), and I've not known a single person on AD who listens to your stream to know any of your plans.

The stealth detection works in a range. I'm not entirely sure what the range is, but I also believe they have to enter stealth while within your range. I've seen players come out of stealth that weren't on my list.

Please confirm @Micah123 B)

TM literally follows my raid around before we get to locations - its whatever, at least we have PvP thats not laggy. And we get good fights. Itd be nice to see theyre 'there' when were pushing a siege and we get opened on out of sneak or around a corner from things. For example, when your group was on azuras and were just BSing and suddenly blind sided, we would have known you were in there all along. Totally different fight.

Regardless, I did escalate this issue and send it to ZOS. I just dont want to make videos on it. Yea itd generate traffic and views - but I dont really care about that too much. It will breed toxicity that makes everyone say everyone else is cheating. Reality is, majority of players have never known of this.

Making a build using proc sets that are not 'broken' but part of what theyve given us is different than an add-on doing something that is not intended by the designer.

Proc sets are working as they were intended, they are just terrible in gameplay when you put everything together.

This add-on, is not something ZOS desires. Id expect changes, its up to them to handle it how they like.

So there is a difference to me at least on what I make videos on. Its not the first time I report things to have someone take a look at it and never say anything about it.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seems like a cheat and I have no intention of using it for now but I will leave up to ZoS to comment.

If they do not comment on this soon (very soon) then I'll assume tacit approval of the add on.

Edit: I also don't believe this is just an issue of ganking as some of you suggest. This kind of radar will make all forms of sneak attack including small/large raid groups for objective takes exposed, not just individual ganking.

I'm glad Miat exposed it as an addon as it will force ZoS to take a stance versus being a dark net cheat. So I congratulate Miat on his work and it makes him kind of a Julian Assange of ESO :wink:

Edited by Sureshawt on December 16, 2016 7:34PM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Definitely seems like a cheat and I have no intention of using it for now but I will leave up to ZoS to comment.

If they do not comment on this soon (very soon) then I'll assume tacit approval of the add on.

I learned while ago that the only way to have a chance of getting a comment is to specifically name someone.

Hey, @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get a comment from you or someone else who is relevant on the allowance of this add-on?
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Manoekin why you do this to my poor little nb D:
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If anything, ZOS's response (which will probably make things worse and break PvP more) will just encourage more secrecy in the PvP community.

Fewer and fewer people will disclose the secret addons, broken gear/skills, and even external programs they are using to have a competitive advantage in PvP. The publishing of this addon speaks more to all the things that people haven't disclosed thus far.

Just proves the real definition of "L2P" and "get gud" is "find an exploit, addon or other trick that gives you an advantage and don't tell anyone." Just let your guild use your private addon and brag in discord about how much better players they are then the plebs who run an unaltered game.

I'd say a worse add-on is the one that tells you you should dodge roll without requiring you to see the attack.

At this point zos should close off the custom mods entirely. They should buy/code a new guild trader interface with world-wide costs shown for each item, an accurate Recount style mod, cyro HUD, a gear add-on that groups your sets into a one click equip animation, and have confidence in their animation/combat system enough to lock out custom interfaces.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvA

Player vs. Add-on

Kind of a BS crutch tool. Anything that gives you an advantage, without needing to be aware of the situation yourself, is bogus and needs to go. You shouldn't win a fight because you're reacting to pop-ups in the middle of your screen.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||