The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagDK bugged as hell

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bug that causes the same dot from different persons not to stack might be intended. Debilitate shows the same behavior and I didn't get an answer wether this is intended or not.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    The bug that causes the same dot from different persons not to stack might be intended. Debilitate shows the same behavior and I didn't get an answer wether this is intended or not.

Why would that be intended? There is only a finite number of DoT's and very few of them are actually useful, why would the game mechanics force people to use lame skills in trials so they don't double up with other people?
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Why would that be intended? There is only a finite number of DoT's and very few of them are actually useful, why would the game mechanics force people to use lame skills in trials so they don't double up with other people?

Because of... wrobel logic? Don't ask me mate, I can't even dream of an unintentional line of code that would cause this bug.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

Because of... wrobel logic? Don't ask me mate, I can't even dream of an unintentional line of code that would cause this bug.

It is definitely unintended. If you check the patch notes for 1T, they fixed the same issue with noxious breath.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's probably related to the fact that a lot of DOTs are spammable, but any subsequent DOT cancels the effect over time of the first (otherwise you could build up an immense DOT by spamming Burning Embers). The code probably counts up which DOTs are coming from Burning Embers, and mistakenly considers that the same DOT but from a different player is just the same DOT being applied twice.

I'm more concerned about the problems I have with weaving skills and light/medium/heavy attacks. I can wind up a heavy attack and follow it with a skill only to find that I'm "stuck" in the HA and the skill never goes off. Particularly worrying if I'm already moving towards the target and the skill was to provide a knock-back (no gap closer for magDK...). Only to end up running into the mob waiting for the HA to fire while the skill goes missing. At which point everything goes wrong... :)
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's common logic: all buffs and debuffs should be placed as 1 per target, it's strange that game does allows stacking of same effects on one target, and it's one of reasons why balance is in ass
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's common logic: all buffs and debuffs should be placed as 1 per target, it's strange that game does allows stacking of same effects on one target, and it's one of reasons why balance is in ass

Buffs and debuffs (inside the major/minor system) cannot be stacked. We are talking about DoT's.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 mDK in our team tested this, on Xbox One, just before our vMoL run last night and they claimed it works fine there.
    Is this a PC issue only?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffs and debuffs (inside the major/minor system) cannot be stacked. We are talking about DoT's.
    DoT is debuff.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

DoT is debuff.

No, it is not. A debuff would be minor fracture. Something that does not do damage, but affects the target negatively. A DoT does Damage Over Time (hence the name)
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on December 10, 2016 12:22PM
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DoT is debuff.

No, it is not. A debuff would be minor fracture. Something that does not do damage, but affects the target negatively. A DoT does Damage Over Time (hence the name)
    Everything which appears on your char buff screen is buff or debuff, type of effect doesn't matter. Whatever, in current state i would not be surprised that minor and major debuffs may become stackable from different persons cause game cannot be too easy.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DoT is debuff.

Everything which appears on your char buff screen is buff or debuff, type of effect doesn't matter. Whatever, in current state i would not be surprised that minor and major debuffs may become stackable from different persons cause game cannot be too easy.

It doesn't even matter if its a debuff or not. It's simply not consistent because this issue is not affecting every dot. So either dots can stack on a target or not. It's one way or another but we shouldn't have to test first which does and which does not.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    It doesn't even matter if its a debuff or not. It's simply not consistent because this issue is not affecting every dot. So either dots can stack on a target or not. It's one way or another but we shouldn't have to test first which does and which does not.
    Don't know when you started read, we're talked about this:
    Which actually was said about whole DoT mechanics.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 10, 2016 12:40PM
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Pierce armor overriding Elemental drain, making Mag DK's magicka sustain even harder than it already is!

This is false information that spread around for some reason. Pierce Armor override "Major Breach" of Elemental Drain only, and S'rendarr like Addons track this particular debuff and thats why makes it disappear. Major Breach from Ele Drain is gone but you still get the magicka return.
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it is not common logic.
    There are only so many dots in the game. In a grp of twelve this wouldnt make any sense to only allow each dot once.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »

There are only so many dots in the game. In a grp of twelve this wouldnt make any sense to only allow each dot once.
    It makes more sense that in group of 12 you have people in different builds or even roles(with same class and main resource pool) than everyone is clone of each other.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭

You are being silly. This was in the One Tamriel Patch notes:

Venomous Claw (Searing Strike morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time did not increment in damage if multiple Dragonknights cast the same rank of this morph on the same target.

So they acknowledged that if multiple people use the same single target dot (which happens to be the other morph of the skill in question now), it is supposed to do damage. Thus, it follows that burning embers should do the same

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA

GM:
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are being silly. This was in the One Tamriel Patch notes:

Venomous Claw (Searing Strike morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time did not increment in damage if multiple Dragonknights cast the same rank of this morph on the same target.

So they acknowledged that if multiple people use the same single target dot (which happens to be the other morph of the skill in question now), it is supposed to do damage. Thus, it follows that burning embers should do the same
    For the f sake, i didn't say that it's not intended by ZoS, where did you found such?
  • reesenorman
    reesenorman
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Pierce armor overriding Elemental drain, making Mag DK's magicka sustain even harder than it already is!

Not sure if trolling because I know you are a smart cookie. Pierce Armor doesnt override Ele drain it just reapplies Major Breech. The ele drain effect still works as normal though. It just wont show in the srendar of the healer or whoever used Ele drain. Hope that makes sense.
    Mundus Core

1st NA Tick-Tock Tormentor

#2 World vHRC: 157'735 // 14 minutes 20 seconds

#1 NA vHOF Clear
    #1 NA vHOF HM Clear
  • reesenorman
    reesenorman
    ✭✭✭
    Domardal wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
    I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.
    Also the most whining classes always get fixes/buffs :3

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
    That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

Please fix that stuff in your balancing Patch in January.
    We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel

1. Burning Embers will be removed from Srendar or whatever addon you use if another DK uses it but the dmg still ticks.
    2. Dont know if its coicidence but last night was the best parse id done on vMoL Rakkat (51k) and there was another equally good Mag DK running the same rotation as me. Though I dont know much about this point.
    3. You shouldnt be medium attacking on a mag dk anyway but even though you get stuck in that animation if you continue on with your rotation everything will just catch up, the only thing is you wont see the the animation of your light attacks/abilities.
    4. Ive heard of this buff as well though im not experiencing it so I dont know how it works.
    5. Stupid bug as always just got to deal with it.
    Mundus Core

#1 NA vHOF Clear
    #1 NA vHOF HM Clear
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It makes more sense that in group of 12 you have people in different builds or even roles(with same class and main resource pool) than everyone is clone of each other.
    This would be a good argument if there were maybe 20-30 good DPS skills to choose from per class, but there aren't. The way it is, there are only a handful of skills worth running on a MagDK DPS setup. If only one of each DoT could be applied to any given enemy, then the moment another MagDK steps into the field, my whole setup becomes basically irrelevant, and I can't change to another Magicka DPS setup that doesn't overlap any skills. Making DoTs from multiple players overwrite each other is completely anti-team.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on December 11, 2016 12:53AM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
    I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
    That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

1. Burning Embers will be removed from Srendar or whatever addon you use if another DK uses it but the dmg still ticks.
    2. Dont know if its coicidence but last night was the best parse id done on vMoL Rakkat (51k) and there was another equally good Mag DK running the same rotation as me. Though I dont know much about this point.
    3. You shouldnt be medium attacking on a mag dk anyway but even though you get stuck in that animation if you continue on with your rotation everything will just catch up, the only thing is you wont see the the animation of your light attacks/abilities.
    4. Ive heard of this buff as well though im not experiencing it so I dont know how it works.

1. Nope look at your combatlog you will see that you get the healing tick and the dot gets completely removed.
    2. What does your (subpar) dps have to with all that? Oh right, nothing.
    3. Well I have seen people use either light or medium attacks to get good results but nonetheless its a bug and it should be removed. Simple as that.
    4. Pretty simple put either foo or il on one bar and none on the other you will loose the 10% crit on the bar without the abilities even when you have a pot active.
    5. Are you serious?! What advice is that. ZOS should deal with this crap. There is no excuse for something like that to be in the game for i think 2-3 patches now already.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with @xblackroxe

1) You obviously didn't test it yourself, otherwise you'd know it's true

2) the fact that you use a parse as an argument just makes your whole post invalid, and just so you know, my best parse is almost 10k better, while decoying the meteors, so really, don't brag with a *** parse, there are plenty DKs better than you

3) You are aware DKs just started light stacking cause Kena was BIS? Medium Attacks give me a 1,5-2k higher parse

4) If you actually were so in depth of theory crafting/ testing on a DK as you are trying to play it off, you certainly would know about this bug, cause it also affects you 100%

5) is just outright ***, not even worth an answer
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has anyone else tested it on Xbox One / PS4?

Is this bug only on PC?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +wings don't reflect sometimes

And Dragon Blood is terrible in PvP.
    PC EU
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

Yours sincerely

Coco

1. Nope look at your combatlog you will see that you get the healing tick and the dot gets completely removed.
    3. Well I have seen people use either light or medium attacks to get good results but nonetheless its a bug and it should be removed. Simple as that.
    4. Pretty simple put either foo or il on one bar and none on the other you will loose the 10% crit on the bar without the abilities even when you have a pot active.
    5. Are you serious?! What advice is that. ZOS should deal with this crap. There is no excuse for something like that to be in the game for i think 2-3 patches now already.

2) the fact that you use a parse as an argument just makes your whole post invalid, and just so you know, my best parse is almost 10k better, while decoying the meteors, so really, don't brag with a *** parse, there are plenty DKs better than you

3) You are aware DKs just started light stacking cause Kena was BIS? Medium Attacks give me a 1,5-2k higher parse

4) If you actually were so in depth of theory crafting/ testing on a DK as you are trying to play it off, you certainly would know about this bug, cause it also affects you 100%

Lol what's with the personal attacks and overall pissyness of your replies lol. Calm down and discuss constructively.
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

Yours sincerely

Coco

Lol what's with the personal attacks and overall pissyness of your replies lol. Calm down and discuss constructively.

If that other guy would've tried to give constructive feedback like almost everyone else in the thread and didn't do everything to give off a douchy vibe and then actually give some info and not just try to make other people look like idiots for actually testing stuff and trying to improve the game and not accepting his flawed opinion then I would not have gone after him.
    But he just spread false info and tried to promote his ego which both are things I generally dislike.
    Also, accept bugs as a normal thing? Seriously?

Edited by Domardal on December 11, 2016 10:26PM
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos we need this issue fixed asap, i want to play my mdk...
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • reesenorman
    reesenorman
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

Yours sincerely

Coco

If that other guy would've tried to give constructive feedback like almost everyone else in the thread and didn't do everything to give off a douchy vibe and then actually give some info and not just try to make other people look like idiots for actually testing stuff and trying to improve the game and not accepting his flawed opinion then I would not have gone after him.
    But he just spread false info and tried to promote his ego which both are things I generally dislike.

What I said was solely my oppinion and I was saying what I had experienced. I certainly made an honest effort to not give a douchy or egotistic vibe but I guess I failed at that. The things I said are info based on my experience, it was literally just the other day I wondered if Burning Embers would stick or if it was a similar issue with Pierce Armor and Ele Drain so I went and tested it. The results that I got are the same as I explained in my first post. On the 2nd point I said I didnt know much about it, all I said was the highest parse Ive had on Rakkat was with another mag dk who also used Engulfing Flames, my point was I dont think it really matters if theres more than 1 dk (Dont do less dmg the second there is 2 dks). 4th point, I dont theory craft at all and never claimed I knew everything about the class, I got given a build and a rotation and ive just worked on it. Im doubting myself now because I'm struggling to understand it, is the bug that I lose Major Prophecy? The 5th point is a problem and like you said its been around for a long time, if zos havent fixed it by now I doubt they will so we just have to deal with it, not much else we can say there.

I strongly believe you misuderstood me, at no point did I have intentions of coming off as arrogant or ***. I was just stating what Ive experienced on a mag dk and I was straight to the point, just because they weren't fluffed up sentences doesnt mean im a ***. From now on Ill be sure to use an emoticon at the end of every sentence so you guys can see how I feel and dont assume how im coming off.
    Mundus Core

#1 NA vHOF Clear
    #1 NA vHOF HM Clear
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

Yours sincerely

Coco

Well I just tested both the dots with another MagDK and the damage still ticked, it still showed the ticks in my combat metrics and the add took the full damage from the dot, furthermore the dot never disappeared from my ftc tracker. It seems to be working.