The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagDK bugged as hell

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sounds like the old Templar radiant oppression bug, where only 1 templar would get execute damage
    Or the old bug where venomous claws damage increase only applied for 1 guy. At least ZOS is consistent.
    There is an obvious pattern with certain abilities not working when multiple are applied that give you amps, didn't the sorcerer daedric curse also used to work like this where only one could be applied?

Maybe some more thorough QA testing is required seeing as this seems to be quite an ongoing issue now given the amount of skills that suffer the same bug for the same reasons
    #MOREORBS
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    Domardal wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
    I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.
    Also the most whining classes always get fixes/buffs :3

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
    That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

Please fix that stuff in your balancing Patch in January.
    We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel

I totally agree with all your points, actually are you 100% sure that visual Bug with Major Prophecy stacks given by Flames of Oblivion is only visual Bug? I noticed crits are done 100% time after it stacks over 100% the spell crit chance in many situations.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ad4mss wrote: »
    Domardal wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
    I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.
    Also the most whining classes always get fixes/buffs :3

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
    That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

Please fix that stuff in your balancing Patch in January.
    We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel

I totally agree with all your points, actually are you 100% sure that visual Bug with Major Prophecy stacks given by Flames of Oblivion is only visual Bug? I noticed crits are done 100% time after it stacks over 100% the spell crit chance in many situations.

Im sure its only visual unless ofc there is a special way to exploit that.
    I havent seen any parse whether mine or someone elses that derivates much from the actual critchance you have without the visual bug.

Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    The new version of S'rendarr tracks dots straight from game's API, so when it disappears means its gone. Disappearing from FTC Combat Text + S'rendarr isn't only addons bug the skill itself is actually bugged.

And as of Pierce Armor and Ele Drain, that was never a bug. Addons track Elemental Drain's Major Breach debuff (Major Spell Shatter in API) and thats identical debuff applied by Pierce Armor which makes sense to remove the Ele Drain one.
    The magicka return from Ele Drain can not be tracked using API, you will have to customize it (e.g. Fake Aura as it was called in S'rendarr)
    @YoloWizard
    The old bug came from the first few patches of when cross faction grouping was introduced, and if players from another faction casted the ability, opposing factions could not benefit from it. It persisted through the beginning of MoL's launch. I will properly retest it as of your mention, since I'm hearing conflicting results of names I'd normally trust.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on December 12, 2016 9:03PM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new version of S'rendarr tracks dots straight from game's API, so when it disappears means its gone. Disappearing from FTC Combat Text + S'rendarr isn't only addons bug the skill itself is actually bugged.

And as of Pierce Armor and Ele Drain, that was never a bug. Addons track Elemental Drain's Major Breach debuff (Major Spell Shatter in API) and thats identical debuff applied by Pierce Armor which makes sense to remove the Ele Drain one.
    The magicka return from Ele Drain can not be tracked using API, you will have to customize it (e.g. Fake Aura as it was called in S'rendarr)
    @YoloWizard
    The old bug came from the first few patches of when cross faction grouping was introduced, and if players from another faction casted the ability, opposing factions could not benefit from it. It persisted through the beginning of MoL's launch. I will properly retest it as of your mention, since I'm hearing conflicting results of names I'd normally trust.

Like my name right. Thanks!
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭

@YoloWizard

Our group was full Ebonheart so we haven't encountered that, what I meant was when people suddenly started talking about Pierce Armor removing Ele Drain entirely and all tanks should switch to Ransack instead. It started with DB iirc
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@YoloWizard

Our group was full Ebonheart so we haven't encountered that, what I meant was when people suddenly started talking about Pierce Armor removing Ele Drain entirely and all tanks should switch to Ransack instead. It started with DB iirc

That's always the issue of information spreading from word, rather than understanding. People hear one thing and assume all sorts of stuff and spread misinformation based on it.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭

@YoloWizard

That's always the issue of information spreading from word, rather than understanding. People hear one thing and assume all sorts of stuff and spread misinformation based on it.

Why can't all my guildies just be EP, the objectively best faction? :^)
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Make magDK great again!

Make TESO great again ...
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Domardal Still waiting for that 60k dps screenshot...
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I tested it, I could not get it to break in engulfing. But it is definitely breaking in burning embers. I check after in combat metrics and I am getting less procs. I am getting the heal prematurely as well and it disappears from my FTC.

It is triggered when another DK goes for the heal. When they double tap it reapply it early. If they let it run its fine from my testing.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get any information on this ZOS? Are you aware of the problem? Trying to fix it? This is a major issue, killing the class for any serious group content.

@ZOS_JasonI @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_TristanK