The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Account Bound Skyshards Yes or No?

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No I would not like account bound Skyshards
    I don't understand my first toon is my crafter so needed a load of skill points , my next toons aren't crafting so I save on skill points so don't need as many and with most things in life you have to put some effort to get rewarded ,what's next I've done Mage guild , fighters guild , undaunted and alliance lines so why can't I have those account bound that's where this will end up
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    who WOULDNT want this?

do people actually enjoy spending hours of their lives running around doing something they've done 5 times already on a new character?

weirdos

Yes we do, it's called playing alts.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    I feel like hunting down every single skyshard on another character really deters me from enjoying the game more...
    Then do without the skill points you get from them.
    See?
    Easy.

What's next? Some other gimme crowdy whining about how "having to level a character before being allowed to use endgame gear is deterring them from enjoying the game..."???

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    def no on this.... i really would rather not have basically everything handed to me... it really doesnt take long to get skyshards... yes its tedious ... BUT .. if all my characters had the same amount of skyshards as my main then id have enough skyshards to unlock everything as soon as it unlocked and that would just be too much given imho
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would like account bound Skyshards
    Mutagem wrote: »
    I feel like hunting down every single skyshard on another character really deters me from enjoying the game more...
    Then do without the skill points you get from them.
    See?
    Easy.

What's next? Some other gimme crowdy whining about how "having to level a character before being allowed to use endgame gear is deterring them from enjoying the game..."???

I certainly CBF doing everything again, including how ever many skyshards and lore books to do it...

I only have one toon for just that reason actually, would love a magicka sorc (currently run stam sorc) to give all my Infallible Aether gear to.

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    who WOULDNT want this?

do people actually enjoy spending hours of their lives running around doing something they've done 5 times already on a new character?

weirdos

Many of us do enjoy actually playing an alt and we don't want everything handed to us. There's nothing weird about it.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SanSan wrote: »
      Stop making these people. Majority of us think this is stupid.

It is not fun getting Skyshards on every char.

It is a heck of a lot more fun than mindlessly killing bosses to accumulate a pile armor that I don't want.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      who WOULDNT want this?

weirdos

It seems to be the people who often say....I had to walk 20 miles uphill in a blizzard back in my day. You youngins are just spoiled and lazy.....those ppl.

No one with common sense wants to do mindless tasks over and over again especially with how much more content has been added since launch
      Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 1, 2016 12:55PM
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • Danksta
      Danksta
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Mic1007 wrote: »
      No; stop trying to make leveling any easier than it already is.

It wouldn't make it easier, just less tedious. Let's not act like collecting skyshards takes any kind of skill.
      BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Delpi
      Delpi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      newtinmpls wrote: »
      I want the mage guild skill to be global. Who the hell wants to gather up the same lore books over and over again.

This is why there are mage guild quests now.

Of course, a guild quest that gives you the same reward as a single lorebook.... :p
      "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
    • Schemering
      Schemering
      ✭✭✭
      i got all skyshards on my main as it is my crafter too but most of my chars have not done main quest, have never hunted skyshards and have enough skillpoints to play. Many of my chars didnt even get all skillpoints for group events in public dungeons.

As far as i can see there is no need at all for the sharing of skyshards as there are so many other skillpoint sources and so little extra needed besides the ones you get from leveling to 50 for single purpose chars
      PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
      Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
      Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
      Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
      Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
      Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
      Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
      Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
      Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
      Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
      Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
      Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
      Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
      Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
      Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
      Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
      Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
      Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
      Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
      Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
      Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
    • Taylor_MB
      Taylor_MB
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's polls like this that really do give the best reflection of the ESO player base, it makes it so obvious why PvP has been neglected for so long. 60% of people saying they are fine doing the same repetitive task over and over again, no wonder all dungeons sets are bind on pickup, no wonder RNG rules instead of token systems.

@Mutagem ZOS knows it's player base better then we thought we did. I am absolutely shocked so many people consider the idea of account wide skyshards lazy instead of a mechanic that allows you to actually play the content instead of running around pressing E.

Edit: Like you still have to get XP to rank your skills up and morph them, that is the progression. Skill points are just another redundant time wasting mechanic.
      Edited by Taylor_MB on November 1, 2016 1:06PM
      PvP Defensive Set Comparison
      Firestarter MagDK 1vX
      - build and gamplay!
      LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
      - build and gamplay!
      ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
      - build and gamplay!
      Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
      My YouTube Chanel

• Zolron
      Zolron
      ✭✭✭
      Seriously...anyone who plays on PC with addons to place skyshard locations on your map, your vote does not count. !
      At least ZOS can put their location on your map once you've discovered them and that map is shared amongst all your future toons. This would GREATLY reduce the tediousness of collecting them on future alts !!
    • Gedalya
      Gedalya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. And also, while we are on this subject, no to account-wide achievements. I want more nuance, not less. I'm fine with the way the Champion Point system has evolved though.
      Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    • Schemering
      Schemering
      ✭✭✭
      Zolron wrote: »
      Seriously...anyone who plays on PC with addons to place skyshard locations on your map, your vote does not count. !
      At least ZOS can put their location on your map once you've discovered them and that map is shared amongst all your future toons. This would GREATLY reduce the tediousness of collecting them on future alts !!

i just checked, my vote does count;) but i support your call for some extra information on consoles that pc players can get from addons; regarding skyshards but also damage reports buff trackers and trade tools
      PC/EU AD 1500+ PC/NA 300+

Schemering - Breton magicka Nightblade
      Ambergloed - Argonian Templar Healer
      Fonkeling - Argonian Dragonknight Tank
      Twinkeling - Dunmer magicka Nightblade
      Sprankeling- Altmer magicka Nightblade
      Schittering - Redguard stamina Nightblade
      Glinstering - Khajiit stamina Sorcerer
      Spiegeling - Altmer magicka Necromancer
      Flonkering - Orc stamina Necromancer
      Glimmering - Argonian Necromancer
      Duisternis - Dunmer magicka Dragonknight
      Maanlicht - Altmer magicka Templar
      Weerlicht - Altmer magicka Sorcerer
      Zonnestraal - Redguard stamina Warden EP char
      Slagschaduw - Dunmer magicka Warden - Healer or Damage Dealer
      Ochtendgloren - Imperial stamina Templar
      Avondval - Redguard stamina Dragonknight
      Aurora Noorderlicht - Breton magicka Nightblade DC char
      Dageraad - Breton magicka Sorcerer

Wisseling - Breton magicka Nightblade NA
      Zonsverduistering - Breton Templar NA Healer
      Tinteling - Argonian Dragonknight NA Tank
    • Gedalya
      Gedalya
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Your point is completely mute; as anyone on console can lookup sky-shard locations online using a PC/Mac/Phone/Tablet et al..
      Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    • Enslaved
      Enslaved
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Gedalya wrote: »

Your point is completely mute; as anyone on console can lookup sky-shard locations online using a PC/Mac/Phone/Tablet et al..

So, if you are console user you need 2-15 more devices to play the game. Damn lol, poor consolers
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Schemering wrote: »

i just checked, my vote does count;) but i support your call for some extra information on consoles that pc players can get from addons; regarding skyshards but also damage reports buff trackers and trade tools

Having come from PC and closed PC beta. Having had two of my current characters gather sky shards via PC add-on and now playing on Xbox one for over a year....technically their comment and your response would nullify your vote if this were a console only poll. It's why some comments here are harsh as players who are on PC saying....just go grab them, wether using add-one or not, but having the choice to even play using websites that you can alt+tab and toggle between is drastically different than playing on Xbox one or PS4 collecting shards from scratch even considering all the PC transfers.

I think it helps to step back and look at this topic from other points of view because while I choose console over PC technically I have had a full year head start and always had text chat where ppl would announce this and that so it's very different as text chat was recently added to consoles.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • SquareSausage
      SquareSausage
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A lot of people intentionally like to play the game and make it as boring as possible it seems.
      A grind of some sort is a part of mmo. But surely 1-50 is enough on every character before you grind again for rep, gear, gold, mats.
      Its not like this is an insta skip to max level char with max skills. They all need to be found at least once.
      I'd support it.
      Breakfast King
      PS4 EU
    • Rune_Relic
      Rune_Relic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zuuman wrote: »
      Rune_Relic wrote: »
      Skyshards > skills unlocked > progress.

1-50 is skyshard and attibrute/skill allocation as you explore with your character and define your character.
      I think you want a no ALT game and I would rather have a selection of different characters to suit my mood and personality.

Perhaps a no ALT option for people that want everything account wide.
      Oh wait...we have one...dont make alts.

exploring on the first toon? Yes. Exploring on my 2nd.. maybe. Exploring on every toon? You must be simple minded to enjoy the same scenery over and over again, we already have enough replay value of old content with one tamriel we definitly don't need more time sink..

Look at other successful MMO, they all dumbed down alt making to be more convenient of old player. Even WoW got rid of gears 1-110 with the introduction of heirloom (gears that level with you until max lvl) so rolling alts isn't as painfull.

Dumbing down alt making doesn't cut on player lifetime it extends it because if rolling a new toon is too tedeous the crowd won't do and when they'll get saturated of their main will simply leave and not be worth any more money to sustain your game. Sometime dumbing things down to please the casual is good, because the casual pay for your servers, if we weren't there you wouldn't have a game to play..

So basically what you are saying is....
      I have put a lot of effort into one character...therefore...
      I dont need to put any effort into any new characters.

If making alts bores you to tears....why do it ?
      Simply make one character only, and all your account wide dreams are instantly fulfilled.

Look, I agree the ability to experiment easily with any character is essential.
      Trying different skills, sets, buffs in an easy and accessable manner so that you can find what you like is paramount.
      ie experimentation, identity and variation should be encouraged.
      But you are talking about removing the game that enables you to get there.
      Why dont we simply remove all exploration and questing ?

And for what....so you can get to some notion of 'endgame content' rather than 'normal content' as quick as possible.
      ie. Your build isnt competitive until it reaches endgame content level.
      You want instant endgame level stats rather than making all builds at any stage competitive and developing them over time.

/signed. Casual.

EDIT: I would agree to making skill point re-allocation free. If you have eanrt them you should be able to spend them where you wish and experiment.
      That doesnt mean you shouldnt have to earn them and collect them in the first place though.
      Edited by Rune_Relic on November 1, 2016 1:35PM
      Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    • Swomp23
      Swomp23
      ✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »
      Zuuman wrote: »
      Mic1007 wrote: »
      No; stop trying to make leveling any easier than it already is.

No one said it was hard, it's time consuming tho and not everyone has the worlds time to do these things over and over again.

But in what timescale? Some people talk about leveling to 50 in 4-6 hours, others talk about not having time to find all the skyshards more than once. They need to remember that MMOs are designed to be played for years, not weeks or months. All that getting everything at once does is create a lot of complaints about lack of content.

Take your time. Enjoy the journey.

Exactly. And I really appreciated the journey and the exploring on my first character. Now that I've already did that (3 times now), it is really just long and boring. Am I lazy? Probably, but it has nothing to do with it. I'm playing a game to have fun, not to do boring horse simulator on a slow-a** mule. And I'd appreciate to spend my limited playing time doing dungeons or questing, instead of hunting skyshards or lorebooks.

Edit:
      I really like the idea of the accounts skyshards being shared to your alts only AFTER you hit lvl 50. So lvling still feels like lvling, but vet ranks feel like vet ranks.
      Edited by Swomp23 on November 1, 2016 1:39PM
      XBox One - NA
    • Number_51
      Number_51
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FWIW I'm on console, have 19 characters, 12 that get played regularly, 9 champions (1 lvl 43, 2 lvl 20), I have 620+ CP on one account (5 champions) and 350+ CP (4 champions) on the other. Each character is it's own. Some do DB for skill points, some doTheives Guild, some do both, some do neither. If I feel like I need a skill point for some skill or passive I go pick up 3 skyshards. It's really not a big deal.

Getting to endgame is meaningless IMO. Yes, I enjoy it when I do get there, but that is when the game becomes monotonous. Running the same dungeons over and over, learning Maelstrom, horse simulator in Cyrodiil. The "game", for me, is about character development and seeing the world through character tinted glasses.
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It would make no sense for a brand new character to immediately have 127 skill points for free.
      UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
      Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    • ThePaleItalian
      ThePaleItalian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I say no to automatically having them. But if you found them already, have the marker on your map. That way it cuts down on the search.
      Conan, what is good in life?
      Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
      ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
      Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
      Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    • Nolic1
      Nolic1
      ✭✭✭
      I say no on this and still think CP should be per character and start at lvl 1.
      Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
    • Rouven
      Rouven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To me that would be part of the characters journey. Same as not having the map explored.
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      who WOULDNT want this?

weirdos

It seems to be the people who often say....I had to walk 20 miles uphill in a blizzard back in my day. You youngins are just spoiled and lazy.....those ppl.

No one with common sense wants to do mindless tasks over and over again especially with how much more content has been added since launch

Isn't that the whole point? There's so much content in the game now that you can easily level up completing all the content including the skyshards as you come across them, there's really no need to camp one spot from 1-50 (now there's a mindless task of repetition!) and ask for all the skyshards/achievements you miss out on by doing so to be copied over from your main character who's already done them.
    • Korah_Eaglecry
      Korah_Eaglecry
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Everything needs to be account bound! Did that quest over there? Account Bound. Discovered those locales? Account Bound. Destroyed that Dolmen? Account Bound.

Penniless Sellsword Company
      Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
      Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
      Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
      Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
      What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    • Cazic
      Cazic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. We need character individuality. This is the same reason that achievements should not be account wide, either.

Collectables being account wide is enough.
    • lillybit
      lillybit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Has to be a no for me. CP's are already account based and, given that everyone is scaled now, if skyshards where account wide there would literally be no point in levelling.
      Atm low level characters have to put some effort to unlock skills. It's a compromise between grinding to 50 quickly and doing boring skyshard runs or questing slowly and building skills up as you go. If you could start a new character and already have all the skillpoints to unlock everything, nobody would even want to level. Scaling is much better on lower levels so what's the point?
      Add to that the account wide achievements people are always asking for and all you need to do is start again from scratch every couple of weeks - level 5 is the new cp561!
      PS4 EU