Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account Bound Skyshards Yes or No?

• Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I would like account bound Skyshards
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Zuuman wrote: »
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    No; stop trying to make leveling any easier than it already is.

No one said it was hard, it's time consuming tho and not everyone has the worlds time to do these things over and over again.

I don't have time to do vMA, can I please have a sharpened vMA inferno staff when I raise an alt to 50?

LOL what? Inspector gadget kinda reach there lol Not even close of an analogy. vMA is way more mentally stimulating and enjoyable than skyshard hunting. Skyshard hunting is boring and redundant
    SanSan wrote: »
    Stop making these people. Majority of us think this is stupid.

Oh, my bad, I forgot to turn on my auto-scan of the entire forums to make sure no one had asked before. Assuming someone should should know something...lol
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    As a pvp'er, I WISH. But as a pvp'er, my voice does not matter...

lol basically. even though I do both
    Edited by Mutagem on November 1, 2016 3:25AM
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    I make shard runs with my toons... get comments from other players when I am running my lvl 5-7 in a 45-50 public dungeon to grab shards :open_mouth:

I would love to do the runs without getting XP so I can actually level by quest only, its not the time running around gathering but the auto leveling while I do it that I do not like.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would not like account bound Skyshards
    LOL what? Inspector gadget kinda reach there lol Not even close of an analogy. vMA is way more mentally stimulating and enjoyable than skyshard hunting. Skyshard hunting is boring and redundant

So you enjoy sinking week /months into vMA only to be gutted by the RNG. Well kudo's to you, many feel quite differently than you and would rather have an *** than return to vMA.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    And if you want frustrating in Cyradiil try the fishing accomplishment even if you have a fully outfitted horse.

:(

Ironically, Master Angler is the ONLY reason I'm in support of account wide achievements.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It make good sense to have the skyshard bound to account, just because I have a very hard time getting the shards in Cyro, otherwise I would have been happy collecting it on every alt I create
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making the game less tedious? Yes please.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    Stop making these people. Majority of us think this is stupid.

False, Majority of the people don't come to the forums. It is not fun getting Skyshards on every char.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, or at least the first 25 or so. Better yet just put me a shard bundle in the crown store.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah.
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate gathering all that again. I tried to run a second toon and nah. .. don't have the time for it.
    BUT! Skyshards should not be account-wide. Can you imagine how boring that would be when rolling a new alt? The level grind is easy enough. Skyshards hunting builds character ;)
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earn them .... quit asking for things to be dumbed down even more than it already is.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyshard hunt is much more boring than leveling mages guild.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want an instant lvl 50 character with all achievements done and all quests. Also it needs to have max yellow gear cp3600. And it has to have coupons so if there are future quests I can turn in those coupons to insta gratification.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I want an instant lvl 50 character with all achievements done and all quests. Also it needs to have max yellow gear cp3600. And it has to have coupons so if there are future quests I can turn in those coupons to insta gratification.

I bet u have 2 chars.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people saying no gave no good reason at all. It is not engaging content to collect skyshard each time.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though it can make starting characters so strong with almost unlimited skillpoints and high CP, I think it will really help with alts. All other mmos just require you to reach max level and you get access to all max level stuff thats why the have max level boost.

In ESO getting to max level is usless with out skyshards, books, skill lines etc. I think that is something that need to be changed
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

I bet u have 2 chars.

Actually I do have 2. My alt does not have all skyshard (only the ones i stumbles upon) but has more then enough skillpoints to use the skills and passives needed.

And I do want an instant lvl 50 character, I'm pretty serious about that.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoy taking my time and getting them all on my alts. Just get immersed in the content find out stuff you missed your first play thoughs.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    NO, NO, NO! If you want decent characters, put in the time!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards > skills unlocked > progress.

1-50 is skyshard and attibrute/skill allocation as you explore with your character and define your character.
    I think you want a no ALT game and I would rather have a selection of different characters to suit my mood and personality.

Perhaps a no ALT option for people that want everything account wide.
    Oh wait...we have one...dont make alts.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

I bet u have 2 chars.

Actually I do have 2. My alt does not have all skyshard (only the ones i stumbles upon) but has more then enough skillpoints to use the skills and passives needed.

And I do want an instant lvl 50 character, I'm pretty serious about that.

You know, I disagree with the idea of premade 50s, but I certainly understand why someone would want it. At least for alts.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're saying once collected always collected, it makes sense.

Everyone won't agree but no idea why ppl would be upset if others desired this.
    Gargath wrote: »
    Too lazy, too easy, No :).

This is the proper response.

As long as someone does not merely grind trash mobs to lvl 50 they will have enough skill points to do any role they want, but not everything of course. The Skill points missions go a long way for both XP and the skill points.
    If you're saying once collected always collected, it makes sense.

Everyone won't agree but no idea why ppl would be upset if others desired this.

I would not be upset someone desires it. I fail to see the need and seriously doubt Zos would implement it for the obvious reasons.

What obvious reasons?

Skill points come from completing dungeons, quests, story lines or just be hitting a new level.
    Sky shards are only collected for skill points, could not skill points change from sky shards like they've changed from VR levels or adjustments which now have opened up silver and gold zones?

It's not obvious and the topic begs a good conversation as everything else has been changed since PC launch for skills.
    -except sky shards

Obvious, it is obviously bad to have all my new characters automatically have 300+ skill points. Very bad for the game. Great for the lazy player.

Getting enough skill points to make the character useful is easy enough so this is not needed at all.

Fortunately, Zos understands how it would be bad for the game just as most players do.

This isn't about hard or easy, and your comments of your opinion does not communicate anything as obvious.

It's no lazier than ppl who grind and don't do quests....should we not have One Tamriel cause ppl were too lazy to play through the game and quests for silver and gold

Should we not have CP that applies to accounts cause ppl were to lazy to play through VR levels

Should we not have guild quests that scale cause ppl are to lazy to do them while leveling up

Should we not get skill point that we're in VR now from levels 1-50 cause ppl are too lazy

Using your logic, all the above changes are bad and just for lazy players but according to ZOS that's not why any of those changes were made so in this topic, and in context to all the prior changes that give skill points and progression it's worth a discussion whether you personally agree or not. As DLC is added, so are more skill points so the base game could benefit from changes to sky shards....heck, at least one character has gathered these and other characters progress doesn't make anyone lazy. It's a step towards logical progression as developers make changes to everything else.

What's obvious is you don't comprehend the context of prior changes and why this becomes a topic of discussion.
    Every other means of skill generation has changed and is opened up to anyone at level 3 to go about them as they choose. Other changes give new characters the benefits of other characters on the same account whether it's crafting gear, drops, CP, experience gains, buying things from the crown store outright .....

It's not far off to consider any ideas around changing how we are rewarded skill points in consideration to sky shards. Also the topic isn't asking for anything to be given to them. It's requesting that sky shards they've already collected by taken into account for all characters.

Perhaps the mages and fighters guild dailies shouldn't exist cause ppl are to lazy to collect mags books and kill daedra by your thinking?
    The game has changed and will continue to change. There nothing lazy or bad about this idea and if you understood that initially in closed beta we couldn't play other factions and there was no silver and gold zones then why wouldn't this be impacted at some point.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • vonScuzzman
    vonScuzzman
    ✭✭✭
    lol, no.
    XBox One NA
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every body just wants thing handed to them on a plate these days
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

1-50 is skyshard and attibrute/skill allocation as you explore with your character and define your character.
    I think you want a no ALT game and I would rather have a selection of different characters to suit my mood and personality.

exploring on the first toon? Yes. Exploring on my 2nd.. maybe. Exploring on every toon? You must be simple minded to enjoy the same scenery over and over again, we already have enough replay value of old content with one tamriel we definitly don't need more time sink..

Look at other successful MMO, they all dumbed down alt making to be more convenient of old player. Even WoW got rid of gears 1-110 with the introduction of heirloom (gears that level with you until max lvl) so rolling alts isn't as painfull.

Dumbing down alt making doesn't cut on player lifetime it extends it because if rolling a new toon is too tedeous the crowd won't do and when they'll get saturated of their main will simply leave and not be worth any more money to sustain your game. Sometime dumbing things down to please the casual is good, because the casual pay for your servers, if we weren't there you wouldn't have a game to play..

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zuuman wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

exploring on the first toon? Yes. Exploring on my 2nd.. maybe. Exploring on every toon? You must be simple minded to enjoy the same scenery over and over again, we already have enough replay value of old content with one tamriel we definitly don't need more time sink..

Look at other successful MMO, they all dumbed down alt making to be more convenient of old player. Even WoW got rid of gears 1-110 with the introduction of heirloom (gears that level with you until max lvl) so rolling alts isn't as painfull.

Dumbing down alt making doesn't cut on player lifetime it extends it because if rolling a new toon is too tedeous the crowd won't do and when they'll get saturated of their main will simply leave and not be worth any more money to sustain your game. Sometime dumbing things down to please the casual is good, because the casual pay for your servers, if we weren't there you wouldn't have a game to play..

Working on my 7th toon while pvping and Pve and wouldn't say it's that much of a chore , but it seems a few just want to dumb the game down
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont have the time to farm shards then you dont have the time for an Alt. Just focus on your main. Either that or make some tough choices with your skills.

My main has something like 280 skill points. My two alts are constantly starved for points. It makes me strike out into the world and grab a few shards every so often. Not bad at all.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not? It'd make low level alts more viable for groupibg activity
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a good compromise would be for ZOS to release something in the crown store that when purchased and consumed would reveal the locations of any skyshards and lorebooks that have been discovered by any of your characters.

Everybody wins. And the console players then have access to what the PC players have always had. Which is also part of the reason the PC crowd don't care.

And this from a player that has gone through the skyshard process on over 6 different characters (and lorebooks on two and a half). It's the time that is consumed outside the game looking up shards and then marking on my map one by one that is the most painful, lorebooks, even more so!!!
    Edited by NeillMcAttack on November 1, 2016 11:40AM
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this game should be account bound. Why rinse and repeat game play you have already completed with a new character to include skyshards, lore books, achievements etc. This game is all about doing the same content over and over again and at some point that just gets old.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    who WOULDNT want this?

do people actually enjoy spending hours of their lives running around doing something they've done 5 times already on a new character?

weirdos