The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Account Bound Skyshards Yes or No?

Mutagem
Mutagem
✭✭✭
I feel like hunting down every single skyshard on another character really deters me from enjoying the game more. I played a single character since 2014 but when the event came with bonus experience I wanted to level another one. When I got to 50 finally I really was bummed out about hunting down the 381 that are in the game still again..I don't think I have talked to anyone who legit enjoys hunting down skyshards on every alt that they have.
Edited by Mutagem on October 31, 2016 11:00PM
Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal

Account Bound Skyshards Yes or No? 457 votes

Yes I would like account bound Skyshards
41%
SolarikenFat_Cat45GilvothNewBlacksmurfGeneralMcFistKidlykendellking_chaosb14_ESOOmnisoulCpt_Teemocavakthestampederager82b14_ESOWizzo91stevvvob16_ESOSnowTheMadDogIruil_ESOquadraxis666BarsTonnopesceFettkeewlBalgost 188 votes
No I would not like account bound Skyshards
58%
Nestordrakhan2002_ESOSirAndythesilverball_ESOAuldjohnwayfarerxvailjohn_ESOItsMeTook9mouseold_mufasaColoursYouHaveStonesolidAcrolasSigtricOsteosPlagueSDwenchmore420b14_ESOSmaxxKendaricKelzana 269 votes
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

With a side of "No"

And another side of "you lazy poopy-butt"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too lazy, too easy, No :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats next? Max level characters in the Crown Store? Skyshards are already easily obtained. No need to make them even easier.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want the mage guild skill to be global. Who the hell wants to gather up the same lore books over and over again.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the mage guild skill to be global. Who the hell wants to gather up the same lore books over and over again.

This is why there are mage guild quests now.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    Lazy?? Come on now, you know how annoying it is to get skyshards in cyrodiil for example when you only have spent like 10 riding lessons [not crownstore but bought] ? Even with rapids its still hella annoying.

Okay maybe it is slightly lazy, BUT do you actually ENJOY doing it though?

I'd also like this too
    Edited by Mutagem on October 31, 2016 11:10PM
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a yes as long as you get the skyshards post-50 on your alts. This way the leveling process 1-50 is unaltered.

I'm also for shared lorebook, post 50 as well...
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No; stop trying to make leveling any easier than it already is.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not needed at all. There's not even the need to get all shards unless you're a completionist or for some reason want every craft passive...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Zuuman
      Zuuman
      ✭✭✭
      Mic1007 wrote: »

No one said it was hard, it's time consuming tho and not everyone has the worlds time to do these things over and over again.
    • Tryxus
      Tryxus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm guessing nobody likes to go on a stroll through Cyrodiil, all the way to the other sides, to the enemy alliance gates where players are playing hide and seek?

Or a swim through the sewers, throwing angry and crazy slaughterfish at Flesh Atronachs?

My, I personally find all that worth it to do on every char I have :D
      "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
      Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zuuman wrote: »

No one said it was hard, it's time consuming tho and not everyone has the worlds time to do these things over and over again.

But in what timescale? Some people talk about leveling to 50 in 4-6 hours, others talk about not having time to find all the skyshards more than once. They need to remember that MMOs are designed to be played for years, not weeks or months. All that getting everything at once does is create a lot of complaints about lack of content.

Take your time. Enjoy the journey.
      Edited by Tandor on October 31, 2016 11:23PM
    • Mic1007
      Mic1007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

But in what timescale? Some people talk about leveling to 50 in 4-6 hours, others talk about not having time to find all the skyshards more than once. They need to remember that MMOs are designed to be played for years, not weeks or months. All that getting everything at once does is create a lot of complaints about lack of content.

Exactly. Just go exploring like you already should. If you grinded to 50 in 3 days, then it is on you to get all the skyshards you skipped along with quests you skipped. If you're in real need of skill points, you have Group Dungeons, which each give one on their first completion, and one skill point for each Main Story quest.
      @Mic1007
      Champion Rank 900+
      DC/AD/EP
      PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    • Zuuman
      Zuuman
      ✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »

There is already plenty of grind to justify years of gameplay per toon. Just the gear quest is already a hassle and researching all traits on a toon as well, plus all the achievements one has to farm to get a nice and tidy profile.

There is a very fine balance between extensible content that can be replayed and enjoyed (dungeons, quests) and tedeous painfull grind. If the character progression is too painfull for the casual crowd most will play one toon, get bored and move on.

This isn't about removing all grind, but it shouldn't be boring, otherwise why play?
    • kargen27
      kargen27
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Our guild has events where we pick a zone and try to get all the sky shards areas of interest and dolmans in a zone and do some delves along the way. A few of us have even created characters leveling them with these events in mind. If these things were account wide it would take away incentive to revisit those areas. Most the shards are easy to get, just a little out of your way as you discover all the wayshrines.

Ten riding lessons? So a ten day old character. That character shouldn't have much of anything unless you have been doing some serious grinding.

And if you want frustrating in Cyradiil try the fishing accomplishment even if you have a fully outfitted horse.
      and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    • Hookgrin
      Hookgrin
      ✭✭✭
      While that sure would be convenient for high end players who want to make a quick alt, there's a large player base of non-high end players for whom collecting things like that on alts is about all that they have to do.

I'd prefer they create a way to choose to assign your various character's highest achievements to a new character, like reading a Scroll of Learning or something. That way, you have a choice on a character by character basis and don't take anything away from those who want to collect things, even for yourself, if you want to level a new character the old fashioned way some day.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you're saying once collected always collected, it makes sense.

Everyone won't agree but no idea why ppl would be upset if others desired this.
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Gargath wrote: »

This is the proper response.

As long as someone does not merely grind trash mobs to lvl 50 they will have enough skill points to do any role they want, but not everything of course. The Skill points missions go a long way for both XP and the skill points.

I would not be upset someone desires it. I fail to see the need and seriously doubt Zos would implement it for the obvious reasons.
      Edited by idk on November 1, 2016 12:04AM
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as someone does not merely grind trash mobs to lvl 50 they will have enough skill points to do any role they want, but not everything of course. The Skill points missions go a long way for both XP and the skill points.

I would not be upset someone desires it. I fail to see the need and seriously doubt Zos would implement it for the obvious reasons.

What obvious reasons?

Skill points come from completing dungeons, quests, story lines or just be hitting a new level.
      Sky shards are only collected for skill points, could not skill points change from sky shards like they've changed from VR levels or adjustments which now have opened up silver and gold zones?

It's not obvious and the topic begs a good conversation as everything else has been changed since PC launch for skills.
      -except sky shards
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

So ... don't.

Make choices. Deal with the consequences.

For example I will never be as skilled in PvP as a suburban-teen-with-mommy&daddy-paying-for-everything and all the time in the world to play.
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What obvious reasons?

Skill points come from completing dungeons, quests, story lines or just be hitting a new level.
      Sky shards are only collected for skill points, could not skill points change from sky shards like they've changed from VR levels or adjustments which now have opened up silver and gold zones?

It's not obvious and the topic begs a good conversation as everything else has been changed since PC launch for skills.
      -except sky shards

Obvious, it is obviously bad to have all my new characters automatically have 300+ skill points. Very bad for the game. Great for the lazy player.

Getting enough skill points to make the character useful is easy enough so this is not needed at all.

Fortunately, Zos understands how it would be bad for the game just as most players do.
    • Mutagem
      Mutagem
      ✭✭✭

exactly

There's movies i'd rather watch, or real life things I'd rather do than get every single one.

I'd say you need at least 50 skillpoints if you just go from 1-50 grind [like i did]
    • bareheiny
      bareheiny
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well...I would like them. Purely because I'm lazy.

But really, no....if I ever decide to do something with my alt characters then I'll grab my map and traverse from shard to shard. It's not like it's an onerous task.
    • Synfaer
      Synfaer
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have time to do vMA, can I please have a sharpened vMA inferno staff when I raise an alt to 50?
    • SanSan
      SanSan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stop making these people. Majority of us think this is stupid.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No. Skyshards give skill points.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Eshja
      Eshja
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes, I would like that to be, but that needs account-wide achievs :/
      @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
      My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
    • CapnPhoton
      CapnPhoton
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      newtinmpls wrote: »
      No

With a side of "No"

And another side of "you lazy poopy-butt"

I usually skip desert, but I'll have a grape No-sicle. Yum.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
    • KimberlyannKitsuragi
      I only ever have one toon. I'm trying to do everything possible PvE wise before switching to PVP. With the list of things I make sure I do with the limited time I allow myself in game (some days I play for long periods some days I don't), I don't have time to skyshard hunt. If I pick one up here or there because I have the skyshards addon and I'm farming mats for crafting I call that a good day. My guild is hoping to make weekly skyshard runs so hopefully I'll get to 381 at some point.
      Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
    • DannyLV702
      DannyLV702
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      As a pvp'er, I WISH. But as a pvp'er, my voice does not matter...