The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Dueling in Cities be a Crime

SteveCampsOut
SteveCampsOut
✭✭✭✭✭
What is your response to people deliberately dueling in inappropriate areas like the banking and crafting areas in your towns and cities?
Edited by SteveCampsOut on October 6, 2016 9:51PM
@ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
EU Server:
Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
ESO Plus status: Canceled!

Should Dueling in Cities be a Crime 443 votes

Yes, I've Canceled my Suscription
6%
ItsMeTooDiviniusSteveCampsOutMercyKillingp_tsakirisb16_ESOGrimJaw29Shad0wfire99CasNationTX12001rwb17_ESOtritonykamimarkPBpsySanct16MorimizoMrCray78Tholian1binhoMinute_WaltzGalvanizeForsberg 28 votes
Yes, I'll wait to see if it dies down before I cancel my subscription.
11%
ValetharGedericDrazekJkahrrRadnarKendaricdaveros1rwb17_ESOidkmerovignub17_ESOAektannsparafucilsarwb17_ESOTavore1138TheDarkRulerj3crowleeuxMicallefdsalterCogoradiostarLunarhoundXDragonDoomX 53 votes
Yes, but boys will be boys.
27%
EgocanemveresumwayfarerxRavdelCapnPhotonKronzDominoidPhilhypeKelzanaEwerounIruil_ESOWillhelmBlackDanikatleetacakesb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOkwisatzObsidianDollcbaudersub17_ESOdreadgadeb17_ESOHjelmerinaphreatophile 120 votes
Maybe....
5%
ElloaGilvothdodgehopper_ESONewBlacksmurfTonnopescexSkullfoxxeNNNNNOreyn_BearclawVulsahdaalSallingtontklawsonSchemeringnewtinmplsMarkusTheValiantEasily_LostSkinzzOberon45WarTurbpod88kkJahneeO 25 votes
No.
48%
RaubreyMorbashSlayerSyrenaTotalitarianKarius_Imaltharvailjohn_ESOVividMindMojmiradam.b.nunezb14_ESOAcrolasBigBraggOsteosKhydanlolo_01b16_ESOSvenjaMadyUndeadBloodEtanielJD2013Rikumaru 217 votes
  • starsands
    starsands
    ✭✭✭
    My immersion is broken, please fix it zos.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe....
    Ill check back in a month after the initial appeal wears off a bit. Haha. I think practically speaking, a guard would try to stop a dual if they saw one. The growing sentiment seems to be that dueling is an amazing feature, but perhaps shouldn't happen in super crowded areas, if for no other reason that places like Deshaan dont need more stability issues.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll admit it's annoying, but not game breaking for me. I'd like to see the guards react negatively to it for immersive reasons. I mean why would the guards just let two people full-on murder each other but give me grief because I accidentally stole a fish next to a guild trader?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It's annoying at first but eh. I see no harm in a little bit of fisty-cuffs in the cities. Also, why the hell would dueling affect you that much that you'd cancel your sub over it. It's just two people having fun and testing their builds while people look on watching a good match. This stuff has been happening in PvP for a while now in locations that are unlikely to get noticed.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes they do need to make it where the guards will come and break up the duel. if an npc sees you while in a major city when you start the duel a pop up will show the guards are coming to break it up and 10 seconds later they will break it up.
    This needs to be done I think. Also another thing is they are going to need to add a thing that prevents the uses of any combat ability or any weapon while in banks, respec areas as well as a bounty high one for starting a fight in a crafting area.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying at first but eh. I see no harm in a little bit of fisty-cuffs in the cities. Also, why the hell would dueling affect you that much that you'd cancel your sub over it. It's just two people having fun and testing their builds while people look on watching a good match. This stuff has been happening in PvP for a while now in locations that are unlikely to get noticed.

Um, maybe because it's not just "Two" people engaging in fistiecuffs! It's 10 or more people in the Eldenroot Banking and crafting area spamming Meteor, Aedric Shards, Pulsar and any other magic spam of death that you can think of while people are trying to peacefully search guild stores, do their banking and crafting writs.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    EU Server:
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    How is this seriously an issue for so many people? There are so many balance issues and bugs with this game that need to be addressed, but people are up in arms about people actually improving their fighting skills in a central place where they can get fights back to back?

It truly boggles the mind.

Preemptively: As someone with almost constant 300+ ping and a location very far away from server, dueling in towns has not reduced performance in any way.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Um, maybe because it's not just "Two" people engaging in fistiecuffs! It's 10 or more people in the Eldenroot Banking and crafting area spamming Meteor, Aedric Shards, Pulsar and any other magic spam of death that you can think of while people are trying to peacefully search guild stores, do their banking and crafting writs.

That is no different from before when people would spam skills in Banks and near vendors just for the sake of being bored.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I'll admit it's annoying, but not game breaking for me. I'd like to see the guards react negatively to it for immersive reasons. I mean why would the guards just let two people full-on murder each other but give me grief because I accidentally stole a fish next to a guild trader?

^^This.

I didn't vote because there's not just a plain "yes" answer. It should be a crime for the reason above. If people want to risk it anyway when the guards aren't looking that's all good - but it should be treated as a crime if they are spotted.

Also the fights will go much faster once the guards join in.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    why this should be a crime? all in duel was accepted this fight, this is not a murder, no ambush etc.Do you heard about duel long ago? this was as a crime? I dont think so
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the mean time, maybe duelers can be polite and slightly less lazy and volunteer to take their games outside city limits....or at least a way from the major trade hub trading centers please.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Why would you unsub because of that? :lol: Guys dueling is new and everyone is going crazy about it, give it some time and things will calm down.
    Besides, it doesnt affect you anyway xD
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    why this should be a crime? all in duel was accepted this fight, this is not a murder, no ambush etc.Do you heard about duel long ago? this was as a crime? I dont think so
    because you are disturbing the peace.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe....
    It would be SO cool and three-muskateers-y to have the guards come after dueling in cities
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For good reason in real life cops would break it up so the folks fighting don't hurt each other or hurt others. Since dueling can accidentally hurt others that get in the way and this is especally true when people are using magic abilties all over the place and also using abilties that could hurt others thus the guard should make sure this is not done in the cities.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 6, 2016 10:24PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »

^^This.

I didn't vote because there's not just a plain "yes" answer. It should be a crime for the reason above. If people want to risk it anyway when the guards aren't looking that's all good - but it should be treated as a crime if they are spotted.

Also the fights will go much faster once the guards join in.

The boys will Be Boys was your Plain Yes answer.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    EU Server:
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its already annoying me with duelling and I'm on console
    Can't wait to have duelling "switched on "
    So I can just decline.... meh
    Go play smash bros
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    because you are disturbing the peace.

you have nice problems all, in most of games are dueal, they can dualing everywhere so you wont play in any game where are dueal becaue this "disturbing the peace" for you? go play then in skyrim, minecraft etc if you have simple problem with any duels like people just spamming skills in town because they are bored or something else, just doing something for fun with someone other lol
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    Why would you unsub because of that? :lol: Guys dueling is new and everyone is going crazy about it, give it some time and things will calm down.
    Besides, it doesnt affect you anyway xD

You No people keep saying that! I do not think it means what you think it means! It does affect me. I can't see what I'm trying to read at the banker because of the fooking strobe lights of your magic spam! If that's not a fooking "affect on me", I don't know what is!
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on October 6, 2016 10:27PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    EU Server:
  • CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    How is this seriously an issue for so many people? There are so many balance issues and bugs with this game that need to be addressed, but people are up in arms about people actually improving their fighting skills in a central place where they can get fights back to back?

Preemptively: As someone with almost constant 300+ ping and a location very far away from server, dueling in towns has not reduced performance in any way.

So, because other things are broken, people cannot have legitimate complaints about this thing?

Lag and performance aside, you can't see how it would be annoying to have to wade through powers spam and people jumping around all over the place just to go to the bank or craft something? Some people have even posted that there was so much traffic around these areas that they could not even click on tables or the bank to use them. That isn't something worth getting annoyed about?

Most of the complaints about dueling aren't really talking about the function itself. It's more like this:
    You have the entirety of the game world to duel, and you need to do it here?

There are probably many compromises that could be made. Players generally aren't interested in those compromises. And that is why people petition the devs for restrictions. Because, really, how inconvenient is it if you just move your duel outside of the Elden Root tree, or just down the road a bit from the smithy? Your couple of minutes is really that valuable that everyone else should just deal?
  • LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Should PvP activities result in a PvE response? Lol. Don't think so.
  • Cambruin
    Cambruin
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No, but a duel to death... I dunno, that's hardly a duel and indeed a bit immersion-breaking. I feel a better approach would be to let the players drop to 1% and he who reaches it first yields instead.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to make it a crime. Just disable Dueling in Towns and Cities
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The dueling just got started and it's a new toy . Give it some time to cool down . Disable it in banks and around trade kiosks but no need to shut it down completely .
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Should PvP activities result in a PvE response? Lol. Don't think so.

PvE'rs have been getting ganked by PvP'rs in Cyrodiil since the game came out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

So, because other things are broken, people cannot have legitimate complaints about this thing?

Lag and performance aside, you can't see how it would be annoying to have to wade through powers spam and people jumping around all over the place just to go to the bank or craft something? Some people have even posted that there was so much traffic around these areas that they could not even click on tables or the bank to use them. That isn't something worth getting annoyed about?

Most of the complaints about dueling aren't really talking about the function itself. It's more like this:
    You have the entirety of the game world to duel, and you need to do it here?

There are probably many compromises that could be made. Players generally aren't interested in those compromises. And that is why people petition the devs for restrictions. Because, really, how inconvenient is it if you just move your duel outside of the Elden Root tree, or just down the road a bit from the smithy? Your couple of minutes is really that valuable that everyone else should just deal?

How inconvenient would it be for you to move your crafting to one of the other dozen cities that have all crafting stations? You don't need to be around other people to craft, duelers need to be around other people to duel.

My first comment was about priorities, sooo many people complaining about other people playing the game in their vicinity instead of focusing on bugs, balance and performance. Unfortunately ZoS will listen and devote time to this non-issue instead of addressing things that actually effect the quality of the game.

Way more people then I realised actually care more about dueling breaking immersion then bugs that break game rules ruining immersion. People saying "guards wouldn't let you murder each other", yeah but we just resurrect, it ain't murder. And then people talking about "real life" in a game with vampires and spells...
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    to that 14% can I haz all your stuffs plz also no we finally get a cool feature and the vocal minority want to ruin the fun for everyone.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    But I don't think you should be able to duel within city limits..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like we didn't have enough of people just standing in deshan spamming their skills like there is no tomorrow while talking, next to them 6 people gambling their gold in which colors engine guardian will proc and now there will be people dueling as well.... great more and more and WAY MORE lag especially with one T ...
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! For the love of Talos!