The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should Dueling in Cities be a Crime

• jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but boys will be boys.
    LaiTash wrote: »
    Should PvP activities result in a PvE response? Lol. Don't think so.

I agree with you in principle. But dueling should not be allowed in commercial areas (banks, crafting stations, guild trading kiosks) because it is bad for business; it may break immersion; and, perhaps most important of all, it may affect game performance for the innocent bystanders. For those reasons it should be disabled in or near those areas. As players may not interfere with a duel, belligerents should never be allowed to interfere with players who are engaged in peaceable activities.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe....
    Inside buildings yes having a bar brawl outside..... How else would it be settled?
    Edited by pod88kk on October 14, 2016 9:15PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No just because OP is so angry
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why not a simple yes or no poll?
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    No.
    The same people who complain about duels in cities are the same people that Zerg down cyrodiil
    ~Out2Kill
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duelling in the middle of a bank or a crafting area is inappropiate. Even in the middle of a city, town square or whatever. Back in the days when people duelled, they did not do it in a bank, a crafting area or the middle of a city. They met on the outskirts, or the nearby woods, at dawn or at dusk. So I think it would be an awesome idea if the guards intervened, that's kind of what you would expect.
    In a pub - probably just another bar brawl, and is probably fine. Though the bar owner may get a little upset and present a bill for damages. That would be awesome too, and if you didn't pay up you got a bounty.
    I have duelling on auto-decline, not because I'm against duelling per se. I just don't want to duel complete random strangers who invite me at an inappropriate place when I am not dressed for the occasion. I go duelling with friends on a quiet beach, where we can have fun, and actually put on the right armour and the right skills.
    I haven't voted because I don't think it should be a crime. Just frowned upon.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'll wait to see if it dies down before I cancel my subscription.
    most stupid happend in eso is duelling this game have so many error and bugs and lag so why let People do duell in a bank area With wayshine u many times cant load for its to much lag, sorry to say but devs cant be smart, why not make a own Place u can travel to if u wanna do duell.

and im sure many want this is People not members. eso suks after duelling started in eso, i have deactivated duelling and so People rude to u and Call u a chicken lol i only hatet this duelling so lame, why not og do pvp instead. and kids dont understand some dont like do this and be rude to u if u say no to a duell. its good reason for stop membership for this is annoying for People dont like duell.
    Edited by Mefromnorway on December 1, 2016 2:49PM
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.