The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

API Question: SetFloatingMarkerInfo

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
I came across the SetFloatingMarkerInfo function lately and I'm a bit frustrated. I haven't found a good description on how to work with this function.

My problem is that when adding a marker, it will "disappear" after a certain distance. Is anyone aware of a way to always show the marker regardless of the distance?
Edited by InvitationNotFound on September 26, 2016 7:50PM
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    I came across the SetFloatingMarkerInfo function lately and I'm a bit frustrated. I haven't found a good description on how to work with this function.

My problem is that when adding a marker, it will "disappear" after a certain distance. Is anyone aware of a way to always show the marker regardless of the distance?

Have you found a solution for this?
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @citats

Nope, i don't think there is a solution here. At least they have fixed the crashes associated with this API. :)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • citats
    citats
    ✭✭✭
    @InvitationNotFound

Well that's good, I'm glad that the devs give their API some attention. Some game APIs never get fixes.

It is strange though that they did not include a parameter to disable this fadeout functionality.

Thanks for the response!