The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players for Hire
    Ganks are Us
    No Emp Push Here
    Spies for All
    Fruit Salad
    Black Alliance (all three colours)

It is hard to find people that are accepting of players playing for other Alliances. I was in a PC guild that was but it was an accepted rule that we had a main faction and we played together in that faction on one campaign and no one should play another faction in that campaign. The guild campaign was never the competitive campaign equivalent of Scourge. It was always accepted that Scourge equivalent was a free for all.

10 DC characters to 1 AD will generally make us unaccepting of you. We keep track of who plays where.

The campaigns are extremely competitive, and people do spy. But that isn't the main reason playing multiple alliances in a campaign is so repugnant. A lot of the people with the one-Alliance mindset are those rare birds who actually care about points, evals, and winning a 30-day endeavor. Doing so takes a lot of time and coordination between leaders willing not only to lead groups, but to work together and make sacrifices like stay on guard duty. If you're just going to be a flip-flopper, there's no point in bothering to work with you since you can just be a liability later. If that's something that bothers you, I would find a more casual PvP experience.

Besides, everyone has one alliance to which they really belong. Watch their login, not their words.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @waitwhat ...glad to see you kickin in :)

finally jumped on my AD mag sorc...after a few weeks away from a character my strategy is to try to start them off slow in some zerg on zerg action...

first thing i do when I get in is head to faregyl mine cuz it's the wrong color...show up and it turns into a 2v2 quick, no worries - 30 seconds later my Phoenix is going off and I'm surrounded by about 5 or so players...

I wasn't even sure yet what abilities I had on which bars :#

been having some great fights from nikel to ash milegate...lots of fun, even got a little "revenge" on gooch - finally have figured out what stacking shields means, yea :)

that alongside a nice eye of storm is a good time for all - well, for me at least...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2017 6:34AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    The campaigns are extremely competitive, and people do spy. But that isn't the main reason playing multiple alliances in a campaign is so repugnant.

wait - wtf, did you just use the word repugnant...that's a bit hostile terminology...why'd you direct that at @Curragraigue ...they were just being cool and replying to me...

what's up with all the hard feelings - competition in of itself not quite enough...the whole one tamriel hasn't warmed your heart to your nord and breton brethren...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay @waitwhat ...had a chance to roll through some of your other posts...you have a bit of a hard edge...

not a bad thing at all...it's good to be competitive and have a strong righteousness in your beliefs...

but, humility ain't such a bad thing either...just because we may be "righteous" in a thing, doesn't neccessary mean we are right about a thing...

enough preaching for the day...those covenant savages are outside the door - i'm an altmer at the moment, so, everyone else is a peasant to me :p
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    The campaigns are extremely competitive, and people do spy. But that isn't the main reason playing multiple alliances in a campaign is so repugnant.

wait - wtf, did you just use the word repugnant...that's a bit hostile terminology...why'd you direct that at @Curragraigue ...they were just being cool and replying to me...

what's up with all the hard feelings - competition in of itself not quite enough...the whole one tamriel hasn't warmed your heart to your nord and breton brethren...

It's cool I think he may have misinterpreted my post. I'm not trying to join any PvP guilds @waitwhat was just sharing my experience of a problem @geonsocal was having.

I haven't PvP'd on my EP or AD characters if I do it would probably be BWB for the AD and a non-Scourge campaign for the EP but I doubt I will other than maybe to get Vigor and skyshards.

I also haven't spied with my two other faction characters or joined a campaign to do rage posts in chat like some AD and EP players have in DC chat (I'm sure some DC players do it as well but I'm not there to see it in the AD and EP chats). The guild I was talking about was a competitive guild and players including myself in the guild were in the top 10 in the campaign and usually held Emp for the majority of the campaigns I played on PC. I am playing more casually now usually solo or small groups although I do zerg surf if we need a push.

I understand your mentality it was the same reason the PC guild I was in had the policy of one faction only for the guild home campaign. If I was going to join a PvP guild again it would obviously be a DC guild given that I only really PvP on DC characters. Enough of my boring ESO life story back to Cyrodiil in a few hours, hopefully not to another two bar yellow, 0 bar red and 1 bar blue map.
    Edited by Curragraigue on February 14, 2017 9:55AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    DC has been protecting ad.

what up @Drdeath20 ...thanks so much for kicking in...

too funny :) ...i have a feeling you triggered a few of us with that comment...

I'm not sure stuff is all that "organized" within any of the alliances...i know some of the larger pvp guilds do in fact have a substantial impact on the balance and gameplay within our map though...

for myself - when i'm playing DC and glademist is the furthest keep east - for whatever reason - the ride just seems shorter to aleswell than to ash...plus for some reason - it just seems more natural to push east...plus, ash with those fields of view that go on forever can be a tough nut to crack...aleswell much more vulnerable a keep...
    Maff wrote: »
    ..also while playing yesterday I got a notification that Rusty had abdicated. I thought he was either passing emp to OJ or switching to EP. Whilst playing on AD later I learned he lost a bet in a duel and had to switch to EP. I watched the video of the duel, Rusty is not the easiest guy to take down in group play let alone in a 1v1. It's hard to catch him with his shields down.

see - that is the kind of inside "stuff" i would never know without you all :p ...thanks @Maff ...i had checked the leaderboards and couldn't figure out what the heck happened to rusty (i had seen him on his AD toon a couple of days ago)...

I dont mean to offend. If DC pushes east and backs ep up to the tri towers thats life. Its just too many times DC helps protect AD at the bridge @alessia. Ad could have all the scrolls and be emperor and DC will have a group of 20@ the bridge protecting ad

20 DC at bridge is just magplars farming. By no means is that a large DC group. Lulz. It's funny to look back and hear people talking about DC protecting us. Check the scoreboard.

AD is honestly more annoyed that EP seems to have just given up an accepted an over 1000-point gap behind us and DC.

First of all what is up with this lolz stuff? Little Kids today......

2nd an organized group of 20 is large. 100 people per alliance per campaign. That's 1/5th their population coming over to aid another alliance with absolutely no objective to gain from it.

That group of 20 DC players could take 3 or 4 of AD'S undefended keeps but instead they would rather help protect AD by bridge farming.

Yes I am well aware of the score. Do you find it odd that the 2 most populated alliances are ahead in points on that campaign?
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players for Hire
    Ganks are Us
    No Emp Push Here
    Spies for All
    Fruit Salad

It is hard to find people that are accepting of players playing for other Alliances. I was in a PC guild that was but it was an accepted rule that we had a main faction and we played together in that faction on one campaign and no one should play another faction in that campaign. The guild campaign was never the competitive campaign equivalent of Scourge. It was always accepted that Scourge equivalent was a free for all.

10 DC characters to 1 AD will generally make us unaccepting of you. We keep track of who plays where.

The campaigns are extremely competitive, and people do spy. But that isn't the main reason playing multiple alliances in a campaign is so repugnant. A lot of the people with the one-Alliance mindset are those rare birds who actually care about points, evals, and winning a 30-day endeavor. Doing so takes a lot of time and coordination between leaders willing not only to lead groups, but to work together and make sacrifices like stay on guard duty. If you're just going to be a flip-flopper, there's no point in bothering to work with you since you can just be a liability later. If that's something that bothers you, I would find a more casual PvP experience.

Besides, everyone has one alliance to which they really belong. Watch their login, not their words.

I have to be honest, I don't like all the alliance hopping that goes on either. Each to their own I guess but I think Cyrodiil is a worse place for it.

• dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is honestly more annoyed that EP seems to have just given up an accepted an over 1000-point gap behind us and DC.
    There are some EP leaders who are taking a break, I just hope it's not permanent. I logged in Saturday AM to see 3 bars AD, one bar DC and EP and the map mostly yellow. Night-capping is great for points, but it's not beneficial for the overall health of a campaign. It's difficult at those times to have a positive attitude.

It's still possible to have fun in Cyrodiil but no matter how strategic you are, if you're outnumbered 3:1 and beaten down at every keep you try to take, it's hard to keep players motivated to stay in the campaign, or even the game. The population was a little more balanced later in the day and there are still some epic battles (Chalman last night EPvDC was pretty amazing)

I agree with @t3hdubzy that some new blood would help a lot though. I still scratch my head at the ZOS decision to allow faction-swapping mid campaign. Leads to some resentment, not to mention toxic chats when people log in just to troll and taunt.

PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just curious @Takes-No-Prisoner ...when you take a break from pvp...what do you normally do in eso?
    curious-george-website.png

Farming for Burning Spell Weave. I have 2 rings, 2 armor and 1 powered resto staff.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players for Hire
    Ganks are Us
    No Emp Push Here
    Spies for All
    Fruit Salad

I am one of those soft snowflakey people that suffers from that @waitwhat , like as someone who only does yellow, it's hard to trust anyone anymore-- WITHOUT stepping on some famous farmers toes. I really dislike getting emp for people I know flip flop alliances so they can farm. This is the first time I'm being vocal about it.

Time to move to a different campaign when I eventually want to PvP.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 14, 2017 2:28PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played last night for a bit Red was doing great but it also felt like the other alliances werent on. I tried to run some imperial city solo but ran into zero enemies.

Blue tried yo go around us and take arrius and brk but were quickly flipped back.

Some of the pvp crowns I occasionally run with were doing other things, most people are just not interested right now and would rather get ready to buy their house.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Played last night for a bit Red was doing great but it also felt like the other alliances werent on. I tried to run some imperial city solo but ran into zero enemies.

Blue tried yo go around us and take arrius and brk but were quickly flipped back.

Some of the pvp crowns I occasionally run with were doing other things, most people are just not interested right now and would rather get ready to buy their house.

Last night we all got wrecked by PSN right at the start of primetime. Got kicked outside of Nikel and couldn't sign into PSN for about an hour. By that time most probably moved on to offline things.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone :) ...wherever and whenever in the world you might be - hope the map is laid out well for ya...

just thinking to myself how for some folks it must be a little odd to drop in from time to time on this thread to read about me going on about how i'm jumping on a different character, different alliance almost daily...

i fully appreciate not every one is of a same mind as myself...truth is - when it comes to stuff like this, i'm just not a very competitive person...sure i like to win...i'm here though more to enjoy the journey and process of developing my characters...it just so happens - i really like pouring oil on folks (if only zos would add some screams when people die from the oil = a perfect world :D)...

i do understand and respect though that a good few of you are serious about your play and the competition within the different alliance maps...

truth is - when i first started the thread my hope was to set up a spot where folks could hang up their banners for a minute and shot the breeze, talk about things from their personal perspective in regard to the map...talk about their game...

i wanted a chance to get to know some of the folks whom i fight with and against...i wanted a chance to meet people from all over the world who just so happen to have a passion for this game and pvp...

i feel very fortunate that has in fact happened...not only have i had a chance to meet some really really good players (and, get some much needed advice); but, even more importantly for me - i've had the opportunity to meet some really good people...

for me personally - at the end of the day, scourge is about people, not always winning (life most certainly isn't about always winning)...for me, meeting and getting to know good people - is winning...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2017 6:32PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP has only won the 30 day campaign 3 times at best since launch. Once it was Azura Star before it was nerfed and everyone went to Scourge. DC controlled Scourge pretty much all of last year with their night crew. Could it be the DC night crew changed to AD night crew recently? Seems like it.

Although Chillrend and Thornblade are mostly emp runs, I'm excited to see the population balance change in Scourge, Haderus and Skull when they close both of them next week.

Playing my DC toon this morning, we were backed up to the gate keeps and kept failing to take back Glade from AD. And then everyone disappeared. But then Sejanus was taken and then Alessia by DC. Oh no not again. And shortly thereafter, the DC scrolls were taken.

Kinda like playing on any alliance with 3 bars and getting backed up to the gate keeps because a lot of players are in IC.

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has only won the 30 day campaign 3 times at best since launch. Once it was Azura Star before it was nerfed and everyone went to Scourge. DC controlled Scourge pretty much all of last year with their night crew. Could it be the DC night crew changed to AD night crew recently? Seems like it.

Although Chillrend and Thornblade are mostly emp runs, I'm excited to see the population balance change in Scourge, Haderus and Skull when they close both of them next week.

Playing my DC toon this morning, we were backed up to the gate keeps and kept failing to take back Glade from AD. And then everyone disappeared. But then Sejanus was taken and then Alessia by DC. Oh no not again. And shortly thereafter, the DC scrolls were taken.

Kinda like playing on any alliance with 3 bars and getting backed up to the gate keeps because a lot of players are in IC.

DC night crew is still there. AD just has its own night crew pushing back. There isn't any overlap between the two. We know each other by name.

"30s to eval"
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @waitwhat ...just wondering man - relatively to eastern standard time (est) - what times to you normally do you normally play on?...i'm out here in cali - so, i usually get in anywhere from about 9:30pm to 3:30am est...to be honest - for a casual player i seem to spend a while lot of time playing :#

oh man, @PhxOldGamer68 ...now ya got me seriously wondering about queue times in the future - i hope it doesn't go back to the days of 75 plus queue positions...in which case - i'll play whatever side i can actually get in to play on...

someone on an earlier post mentioned a pop cap per alliance of around 100 players - geez, i hope that's not true - for a map the size of cyro (plus IC), that sure doesn't sound like a lot of folks in at any one time...

i guess we'll just need to wait and see...man, more and more i wish they would make IC it's own map...it would be way cool to be able to log straight in to imperial city...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2017 6:58PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS already acknowledged that further pop caps won't solve any performance issues in Cyrodiil, since a lot of those issues are related to players congregating in one place within their map itself, rather than a high overall population count.

IC does need to be its own map since they already apparently host it on a different cluster, and also to put a stop to people parking their toon in IC so they don't have to requeue when logging back on.

Last campaign, towards the end when we were winning, AD had queues over 115 during primetime, and that's at current population caps. I really don't think we're going to see further caps.
    Edited by waitwhat on February 14, 2017 11:12PM

"30s to eval"
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ideas behind IC being its own server is because the popluation counts towards the alliance population, but has no impact on the war itself. Because its DLC and not everyone has access itd be hard to make it count in the campaign. Additionally people specifically pick low pop servers to farm stones, when obviously it was intended to have more pvp role then to be rigged into a more pve experience.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played in IC for a few weeks, usually I'll go in towards the end of the campaign once I've reached tier 3 (100k ap) with all characters - last campaign I spent so much time grinding in 1T, had to stay active in cyro up until the end...

I'm hoping with the new 6k and 1.5k payoffs for keeps and resources I can knock out the tier 3 stuff in shorter time and spend a little more time in IC...normally, I don't make a huge amount of AP when i'm in IC - just not enough players to fight with...

back in the day (a whole year or so ago :p), IC was a chaotic melee mess (azura's star) - it was great...now, it seems to be much more hit and miss as far as large scale good fights (involving at least 10 players per side)...many times when I look in on the map from cyro the district flags will all be a single color...

it's not really that big a deal to ride to one of the entrances by ash/chalman/alessia unless you're being pvdoored - then it can be a bit of a journey...but, I just wish they'd make it a little more convenient for lazy folks like myself :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 14, 2017 8:35PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill probably be in sewers more now that entrance is being relocated and I can get a decent amount of AP from flag captures.

I usually shoot for top 100 in the campaign but lthe gold rewards arent really worth it except to sell vicious death gold jewlery.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ideas behind IC being its own server is because the popluation counts towards the alliance population, but has no impact on the war itself. Because its DLC and not everyone has access itd be hard to make it count in the campaign. Additionally people specifically pick low pop servers to farm stones, when obviously it was intended to have more pvp role then to be rigged into a more pve experience.

Yeah I get why IC is on it's own cluster, and I'm glad, since it saves the Scourge hardware a fair amount of load. I don't understand why it counts towards alliance pop given that it is on its own hardware and given that you can queue for it independently from the Alliance War itself.

"30s to eval"
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I get why IC is on it's own cluster, and I'm glad, since it saves the Scourge hardware a fair amount of load. I don't understand why it counts towards alliance pop given that it is on its own hardware and given that you can queue for it independently from the Alliance War itself.

Im guessing they will be waiting to see how the changes affect it
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a chance to spend last night playing in IC...

it's been quite a while since I've joined any groups in cyro, for different reasons...however, soon as i step foot in IC I immediately start looking to group up - particularly if it looks like the other alliances have groups of 5 or more players roaming around...

started the night off doing some quests, after a while joined a group with only 2 other players...we got rolled several times by the other two alliances and had to head back into cyro to recruit some more players...I had actually been doing better by myself :#

headed back in with a group of six and went ahead wiped some smaller groups, took all the flags and did a couple of the bosses...headed through the sewers towards the center - once there we cleared the outer portals and began working on the inner ones when another larger group of opposing players came in and wiped us...

sure wish there was some way of balancing the play in IC...I don't know - maybe a pop lock of about 5 players per alliance :p
    Edited by geonsocal on February 15, 2017 11:46PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol @geonsocal i also went sewers last night but on haderus, 2 guildies wanted to go there, we were mostly outnumber except for a random zerg of red allies kept popping in occasssionally but it was fun when they werent around. I enjoy being out numbered but not to the point its ridiculous, and i dont like when we severely outnumber them
    Edited by t3hdubzy on February 16, 2017 1:17AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @t3hdubzy :) ...I guess I kind of just wish there were more players there to "maybe" help even things out a bit...

it's actually a pretty fun pve zone - but, I'm personally not a big fan of ganging up on folks or getting ganged up on...it happens, but...

I've probably asked everybody this same question a hundred times - but, did you ever get a chance to play in the arena district prior to zos instituting the flag system in IC...

it was glorious, mindless, continous AvAvA melee and chaos...
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah for sure ive been playing on console since day 1 and yes it was mindless but fu
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @t3hdubzy :) ...I guess I kind of just wish there were more players there to "maybe" help even things out a bit...

it's actually a pretty fun pve zone - but, I'm personally not a big fan of ganging up on folks or getting ganged up on...it happens, but...

I've probably asked everybody this same question a hundred times - but, did you ever get a chance to play in the arena district prior to zos instituting the flag system in IC...

it was glorious, mindless, continous AvAvA melee and chaos...

It is what I'm hoping battlefields is going to be like with hopefully less lag than arena had at times.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ever been in the middle of a fair sized melee, know your health is getting low, then you hear the sound of radiant destruction, and suddenly you realize - that's for you...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is what I'm hoping battlefields is going to be like with hopefully less lag than arena had at times.

i wanna win, i wanna be on your team :)
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Skull was a wash out. Didn't get to play there last night because blue held the entire map and im in the wrong time zone to catch when the other alliances show up. I was still 4th for emp but the dream of taking the top spot is over and im not willing to gate camp for ap.
    So i popped into Scourge for a few hours on my stamplar. AD were trying to gate us but despite being outnumbered DC put up a good fight. Reminded me of old Azura days where DC were always the underdog with a big bite. We managed to push back out to Chalman of course because DC has problems changing direction after taking Aleswell, then got Ash back before I logged out.
    I also got close to taking down a certain former emp from AD in a 1v1 before he dropped a destro ult on me. Perhaps he was just toying with me, he's much better than I am, but I like to tell myself I would have had him if his ult wasn't ready :D