The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if I would enjoy battlegrounds as a regular thing. I usually enjoy the diversity of Cyrodiil action. But I'm sure my guild could form a good team, we have some very skilled and knowledgeable players that would help me git gud.
    I wish they would introduce more objectives in Cyrodiil. Something like rescue or assassination missions for solo and smaller groups to run in locations away from keeps. A campaign like Scourge would benefit a lot from something to draw a few people away from the zergs imo.
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    ..also while playing yesterday I got a notification that Rusty had abdicated. I thought he was either passing emp to OJ or switching to EP. Whilst playing on AD later I learned he lost a bet in a duel and had to switch to EP. I watched the video of the duel, Rusty is not the easiest guy to take down in group play let alone in a 1v1. It's hard to catch him with his shields down.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    been hanging out at ft. ash this afternoon playing a DC character - it's funny, the only reason we've been able to hold on to it so long is that every time the walls about (or does) go down both EP and AD will get in to a fight outside the keep (which looks really cool from the overhead view you see when using your siege)...

decreasing the footprint of the ballistas definitely helps in defending - you can fire in a lot of damage now in the wall breaches...

I've started repairing walls more and more - it costs 30k AP to make 5 to 6k back, but, heck, the Golden doesn't usually sell stuff I would use, so, gotta spend the AP on something other than repair kits and soul gems (go through a whole lot of those at times)...

toward the end of the campaign I'll start playing my non vets more...it always amazes me how with the combat scaling mechanism they're super durable...

DC has been protecting ad.
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    been hanging out at ft. ash this afternoon playing a DC character - it's funny, the only reason we've been able to hold on to it so long is that every time the walls about (or does) go down both EP and AD will get in to a fight outside the keep (which looks really cool from the overhead view you see when using your siege)...

decreasing the footprint of the ballistas definitely helps in defending - you can fire in a lot of damage now in the wall breaches...

I've started repairing walls more and more - it costs 30k AP to make 5 to 6k back, but, heck, the Golden doesn't usually sell stuff I would use, so, gotta spend the AP on something other than repair kits and soul gems (go through a whole lot of those at times)...

toward the end of the campaign I'll start playing my non vets more...it always amazes me how with the combat scaling mechanism they're super durable...

I know it often seems like two alliances team up against the other but it usually comes down to one alliance giving up on a push attempt. DC often loses Ash to yellow and because blue wipes there a few times they push to Chalman instead.
    Quite often in DC text chat people are questioning why we are pushing red when yellow are on our doorstep but getting people to pull out of the blue zerg is a tall order.
    People develop tunnel vision in PvP. Like a few days ago AD lost emp because they were too caught up defending a worthless outpost from DC for an hour. The 6.5k ap for taking the outpost was nice though.

Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May be hopping in Scourge on my DC later today if you're around @geonsocal
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 seems like it will be fun. But since they said on the stream it'll have leaderboards I doubt I will dabble with it. Though I expect tight nit groups will probably love this.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what up @Drdeath20 ...thanks so much for kicking in...

too funny :) ...i have a feeling you triggered a few of us with that comment...

I'm not sure stuff is all that "organized" within any of the alliances...i know some of the larger pvp guilds do in fact have a substantial impact on the balance and gameplay within our map though...

for myself - when i'm playing DC and glademist is the furthest keep east - for whatever reason - the ride just seems shorter to aleswell than to ash...plus for some reason - it just seems more natural to push east...plus, ash with those fields of view that go on forever can be a tough nut to crack...aleswell much more vulnerable a keep...
    Maff wrote: »
    ..also while playing yesterday I got a notification that Rusty had abdicated. I thought he was either passing emp to OJ or switching to EP. Whilst playing on AD later I learned he lost a bet in a duel and had to switch to EP. I watched the video of the duel, Rusty is not the easiest guy to take down in group play let alone in a 1v1. It's hard to catch him with his shields down.

see - that is the kind of inside "stuff" i would never know without you all :p ...thanks @Maff ...i had checked the leaderboards and couldn't figure out what the heck happened to rusty (i had seen him on his AD toon a couple of days ago)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was frustrated with EP losing the lead and reading all the chat fighting, so back when AD began their 24/7 onslaught, I logged in with AD toon at 3am MST to read the chat.

Here's what I found interesting and surprising.
    I commented in chat that I can see why AD has no presence in other campaigns because they're all in Scourge.
    And then another AD player actually agreed and said all these AD players that started joining Scourge are making it hard for the daytime players. And then it continued like this with several different players...
    -Night CREW!!!
    -Night crew has more skill than day crew
    -Zerging is not skill based
    -It's not zerging, it's skill because we're well coordinated
    -There's no coordination needed when we have 3 bars and the rest are 1 bar
    -The daytime players aren't as coordinated so they lose all our keeps
    -The day crew is playing a level field and we don't always lose all keeps
    -(Me) Would go good if AD had more players in Haderus and Skull
    -Night capping Scourge is not good for competition
    -Just be happy NIGHT CREW has put AD on TOP!!!!

Now it's cool that there are AD players that don't like the night crew as much. But it was even more interesting that no one actually flamed anyone. It was a constructive conversation like being in a meeting at work. Something EP lacks.

Playing AD for months when we were at the bottom was frustrating, but it's good to see AD conversations are still civil. After this campaign ends, I think I'll play my DC toon again to see how DC functions at the bottom.

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And bears? I'd watch out for those Cliff Racers!

i had never played morrowind, so i had to look up these cliff racers which i keep hearing about:
    cliff_racer_model_by_ravanna7-d5wc2mh.jpg

i would love to fight stuff flying in the air...that'll be very cool if zos is able to work out the mechanics of getting a creature to have air attacks (the imps, harpy's and flame atronachs mostly just hover in the air - the grievous twilights are a little more fun though)...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 1, 2017 7:37PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I found myself getting too involved in that EP chat fighting especially when Rusty checked in to poke us I decided to take a couple days off and chill.

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

ugh, not sure if i'm gonna make it on tonight...i'm a bad son and god dad - was supposed to go visit ma and then also my god kids this weekend, but, ended up just barricading myself in the house all weekend...

soooooo, now i'm actually taking the rest of the day off from work so i can go visit mom and then go visit the god kids(i'll be getting some good exercise in the park this afternoon :))...

I'll definitely though check to see if you're online once i finally make it back to the house tonight...

that's quite the collection of DC characters you have:
    Waz the Cursed =DC Dark Elf Mag Sorc One ugly, soulless Vampire
    Wazilla =DC Argonian Templar Lizard King Healer/Madman of the Swamps
    Wazbeard= DC Nord Stam DK Drinking and tanking is all I do
    Wazette= DC Imperial Stam Sorc Behind her beauty she hides a sharp blade, and a quick wit

i keep changing my characters up a bunch - but, i need to start putting together a little back story for my different characters...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I found myself getting too involved in that EP chat fighting especially when Rusty checked in to poke us I decided to take a couple days off and chill.

super smart...and wise advice to all...i'm on at least 5 days a week - no doubt if i went at it full force all the time - i'd have given up on this game a long time ago...

@TequilaFire - do you do some of the other content (dungeons, trials, farming, exploring - amazingly enough, their are still zones in tamriel i haven't spent much time in) regularly?
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kfresh was bragging about it. So yea I heard him arguing about it last night to other AD in zone chat.

@TequilaFire don't ever get involved in zone chats heated discussion bro-ski. That stuff never ever ends well. If you get heated you can always whisper me to talk when I am on. I'll give you a heft bag of ice for that.

@PhxOldGamer68 totally feel that way when AD is losing hard. I respect those feels. :/
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 1, 2017 11:24PM
    Options
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    got a chance to get in tonight...I'll tell ya - for whatever reason, the players whom have always fascinated me since I started playing are the "unkillable" tanks...

it just amazes me how one player can withstand 6 or more players unloading on them, and, never really be in danger of dying...

ran into a player named 'goodguy' for DC...I've seen them out there a bunch of times already...it's really hard not to notice someone when they constantly have a half dozen or so enemy players following them around trying to kill em...

Goodguy always runs with gooch to be his protection for when he bombs groups, and Unnatural Aim will run with em too. If you see him hopping around, prepare for an incoming bomb. When I'm on my magblade, I try to counterbomb them.

Here's the thing about DK tanks: DKs get multiple shields AND an additional shield when they pop their ults. If their health pool is big enough, they can just passively pop shields and hit a few dots to get their ult back, then hit an ult and they're back up to almost full resources again. With a high enough health pool, you don't need much magicka to sustain.
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure stuff is all that "organized" within any of the alliances...i know some of the larger pvp guilds do in fact have a substantial impact on the balance and gameplay within our map though...

for myself - when i'm playing DC and glademist is the furthest keep east - for whatever reason - the ride just seems shorter to aleswell than to ash...plus for some reason - it just seems more natural to push east...plus, ash with those fields of view that go on forever can be a tough nut to crack...aleswell much more vulnerable a keep...

see - that is the kind of inside "stuff" i would never know without you all :p ...thanks @Maff ...i had checked the leaderboards and couldn't figure out what the heck happened to rusty (i had seen him on his AD toon a couple of days ago)...

I dont mean to offend. If DC pushes east and backs ep up to the tri towers thats life. Its just too many times DC helps protect AD at the bridge @alessia. Ad could have all the scrolls and be emperor and DC will have a group of 20@ the bridge protecting ad
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a chance to get in tonight...I'll tell ya - for whatever reason, the players whom have always fascinated me since I started playing are the "unkillable" tanks...

it just amazes me how one player can withstand 6 or more players unloading on them, and, never really be in danger of dying...

ran into a player named 'goodguy' for DC...I've seen them out there a bunch of times already...it's really hard not to notice someone when they constantly have a half dozen or so enemy players following them around trying to kill em...

Goodguy always runs with gooch to be his protection for when he bombs groups, and Unnatural Aim will run with em too. If you see him hopping around, prepare for an incoming bomb. When I'm on my magblade, I try to counterbomb them.

Here's the thing about DK tanks: DKs get multiple shields AND an additional shield when they pop their ults. If their health pool is big enough, they can just passively pop shields and hit a few dots to get their ult back, then hit an ult and they're back up to almost full resources again. With a high enough health pool, you don't need much magicka to sustain.

Was on Alessia bridge once and saw Unnatural Aim on his vamp healer chilling out with a couple of blaze shield tanks. I ran into the cubby they where in and just trolled with heavy attacks, they didn't even bother killing me :D:D

Run out of magic? Run back to where he was camping and just heavy attack and be on my merry way
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 2, 2017 1:03AM
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭

I dont mean to offend. If DC pushes east and backs ep up to the tri towers thats life. Its just too many times DC helps protect AD at the bridge @alessia. Ad could have all the scrolls and be emperor and DC will have a group of 20@ the bridge protecting ad

You won't offend me, I probably have more complaints about DC than you do tbh.
    Concerning the bridge that's all AP farmers that want to be in the middle of 2 zergs, there is no other motive behind it. This is also a big complaint of mine too. DC loses a huge part of its population to the bridge and this is why DC home keeps only have 10 people defending them at times. We fell deep into last place in the first day of the campaign because so many people went AP farming there and we could never close the gap after that.
    I'm hoping these forthcoming changes to AP gains for taking keeps and resources will pull people away from that bridge so we can have a competitive campaign.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea AP farming needs to stop for DC. All alliances are guilty of it, i am too, i will admit it even i farm bleakers. But if there is things to do, I usually try to go do them for the good of all. Not just for AP.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 2, 2017 1:15AM
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner

I'm the same. The bridge can be fun at times. I'm ok with AP farming when the map looks ok, but DC literally loses every keep except Sejanus because of it and the people that are trying to take keeps quit because they don't have any reinforcements and keep wiping.
    If nobody is pushing keeps I go play my AD character now.
    Options
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday there was the standard bridge fight but there was also a huge battle between DC and AD at Nikel. This was one of the largest and best battles I've ever been a part of. Huge numbers on both sides and while there was some lag it wasn't as bad I would have expected with that many people around. I was on the receiving end of two huge AP gains with 5.8k and 6.2k. When you count all the heal AP and pkill AP, I went from emp rank ~2200 to 490.

For a while it seemed like I couldn't die. I'm not sure if it was healing lag or what but I swear my health would drop to zero or close and then my Healing Ward (or something) would hit and I would make it back to enough health to retreat and live. This kept happening, "I'm dead....nope!" So I started to wonder if there was a glitch or something and I walked into the middle of the blue zerg and immediately died. Apparently I was not immortal. Holy cow was I dealing though! I don't know if any of you are fans of the show The Office but when I was wading through this battle firing off beams and dropping DC like flies it was "Boom, roasted! Boom, roasted! Boom, roasted!" I was trying out Soul Assault and man that is effective.

Eventually I had to go make dinner but does anyone know if AD held or if DC overtook Nikel? This was around 5:00 PM Pacific time. I saw several prominent DC names there (the ones that own me one on one) so I'm hoping someone on these forums was there and knows how it ended. Good show by both teams. At one point DC had the front door open and both walls down. Absolutely nuts!
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great story @ballcap - has me at work wishing i was playing :) ...definitely a good feeling:
    Ballcap wrote: »
    "I'm dead....nope!"

to be honest @Drdeath20 ...as i've reached out more and more in the social aspects of the game, i'm coming to realize more and more there 's a lot more going on then i personally have any clue of...

at this moment ( :)), i believe the majority of scourge is populated by randoms like myself (with varying levels of skill) whom for the most part are out doing their own thing...i'm coming to learn though that the majority of what "happens" campaign wise is a result of the actions/motivations of a much smaller select group...

i've switched alliances the whole time i've been in scourge - i'm not sure if alliance swapping is becoming more popular now (my feeling is that is has become more common, much like AP farming has become somewhat the "norm") than before - but, some "odd" things definitely do take place; and, no doubt some of that is a result of the "relationships" some players have developed with others...

which is all to say: "many times DC helps protect AD at the bridge @alessia" - may very well be a very accurate statement...

random thought:
    without question - if i take a day off work to spend time with family and friends, i'm gonna work twice as hard that day then if i had just gone to work :) ...ugh, i have more "social" stuff going on this evening - don't people realize my characters all need my attention :# ...i gots AP to earn, characters to level, gear to grind and folks whom need a nice hot oil bath...
    history-castle-soldior-soldier-gutter-defend-mban1073_low.jpg
    Edited by geonsocal on February 2, 2017 8:45PM
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

ugh, not sure if i'm gonna make it on tonight...i'm a bad son and god dad - was supposed to go visit ma and then also my god kids this weekend, but, ended up just barricading myself in the house all weekend...

soooooo, now i'm actually taking the rest of the day off from work so i can go visit mom and then go visit the god kids(i'll be getting some good exercise in the park this afternoon :))...

I'll definitely though check to see if you're online once i finally make it back to the house tonight...

that's quite the collection of DC characters you have:
    Waz the Cursed =DC Dark Elf Mag Sorc One ugly, soulless Vampire
    Wazilla =DC Argonian Templar Lizard King Healer/Madman of the Swamps
    Wazbeard= DC Nord Stam DK Drinking and tanking is all I do
    Wazette= DC Imperial Stam Sorc Behind her beauty she hides a sharp blade, and a quick wit

i keep changing my characters up a bunch - but, i need to start putting together a little back story for my different characters...

Lol..I did try and have Waz in all my names just to make myself, and give them a personality, again for my own chuckles....I changed 2 of my AD toons names, One to Argonian Jesus and my plump Khajiit Magblade vampire freak is no longer Old Man Waz.....but a name not fit for the forums....it is similar to Overweight Kittie......but worded slightly different :)
    Edited by wazzz56 on February 3, 2017 1:52PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Yesterday there was the standard bridge fight but there was also a huge battle between DC and AD at Nikel. This was one of the largest and best battles I've ever been a part of. Huge numbers on both sides and while there was some lag it wasn't as bad I would have expected with that many people around. I was on the receiving end of two huge AP gains with 5.8k and 6.2k. When you count all the heal AP and pkill AP, I went from emp rank ~2200 to 490.

For a while it seemed like I couldn't die. I'm not sure if it was healing lag or what but I swear my health would drop to zero or close and then my Healing Ward (or something) would hit and I would make it back to enough health to retreat and live. This kept happening, "I'm dead....nope!" So I started to wonder if there was a glitch or something and I walked into the middle of the blue zerg and immediately died. Apparently I was not immortal. Holy cow was I dealing though! I don't know if any of you are fans of the show The Office but when I was wading through this battle firing off beams and dropping DC like flies it was "Boom, roasted! Boom, roasted! Boom, roasted!" I was trying out Soul Assault and man that is effective.

Eventually I had to go make dinner but does anyone know if AD held or if DC overtook Nikel? This was around 5:00 PM Pacific time. I saw several prominent DC names there (the ones that own me one on one) so I'm hoping someone on these forums was there and knows how it ended. Good show by both teams. At one point DC had the front door open and both walls down. Absolutely nuts!

My guild was there fighting and I saw many respected PvP names there also. Yes, we had all doors taken out and for whatever reason could not seem to push hard enough to take Nickel. Everyone was so busy fighting Nickel red took over ash and it kind of went south after that. We were there for like an hour before everyone got bored and we left. No idea how it ended, but you guys probably got a huge tick.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been slacking off PVP lately. I think Cyrodiil fatigue is setting in.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

My guild was there fighting and I saw many respected PvP names there also. Yes, we had all doors taken out and for whatever reason could not seem to push hard enough to take Nickel. Everyone was so busy fighting Nickel red took over ash and it kind of went south after that. We were there for like an hour before everyone got bored and we left. No idea how it ended, but you guys probably got a huge tick.

Red sure loves to take Ash from blue this campaign
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Red sure loves to take Ash from blue this campaign

Yes. It's annoying af when just coming in to go to the city.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh definitely, if red comes up and take Ash, AD has to worry about them trolling us by attacking Roe/Brindle/Vlast
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, wonder if UBISoft can get faction war right, just signed up to the For Honor Open Beta Feb. 9th to 12th.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice catch @Takes-No-Prisoner ...that'll bring us to 5: scourge, BWB, azura's, haderus and skull...so basically just two 7 day campaigns...

not really sure why they're leaving azura's still open...

interesting...if we could only get IC to have its own map - would love to see consistent pops in IC...or, at least access right from the alliance starter areas (thinking that might motivate me a little more to just pop in to have a look)...

actually haven't played much in IC the last few weeks...need to head in there soon :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 3, 2017 9:36PM
    Options