The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just recently took my "mag" DK from non vet to vet...

man, i am constantly reminded just how expensive, in terms of both time (shopping/crafting) and coin (shopping/crafting, ugh), the process is...jewelry, weapons, armor, glyphs, respec...

i'm not sure how it works for every one else, but, just about all my vet characters have at least 4 sets of gear...

without fail - the the transition process is a little rocky...once I re-equip all my gear I'll head into cyrodiil, head to any ongoing battles (the bridge works also), and, see if I can stay standing and maintain resources...normally this is a period of time where I die a lot and I'm left reading lots and lots of death recaps - good info though :p

after a little while playing, time to head back to one of the overland zones or dungeons and farm another set (in this case case spinners - just found the lorebook which discuss' whom the spinners are :), yeah, I forgot the story already :#)...

delves/public dungeons/overland bosses are all good methods for testing out damage...after awhile, it's time to go re-glyph and respec attributes (more coin :#)...

head back to cyro and give it another try...finally respec cp (usually end up having to do this twice, cuz I forget to do more than one wheel the first time - oh no mister bill!!!)...then - time to re-learn a new rotation...die some more...

don't tell anyone - but, it's actually a lot of fun...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 7, 2017 3:17AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you're the one I saw on your blue today. Hit you once, but when the name looked familiar I changed my attention to the sorc next to you lol. I sure missed pvp :)
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal @Takes-No-Prisoner
    Nice seeing you two today :)
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    just recently took my "mag" DK from non vet to vet...

man, i am constantly reminded just how expensive, in terms of both time (shopping/crafting) and coin (shopping/crafting, ugh), the process is...jewelry, weapons, armor, glyphs, respec...

i'm not sure how it works for every one else, but, just about all my vet characters have at least 4 sets of gear...

without fail - the the transition process is a little rocky...once I re-equip all my gear I'll head into cyrodiil, head to to any ongoing battles (the bridge works also), and, see if I can stay standing and maintain resources...normally this is a period of time where I die a lot and I'm left reading lots and lots of death recaps - good info though :p

after a little while playing, time to head back to one of the overland zones or dungeons and farm another set (in this case case spinners - just found the lorebook which discuss' whom the spinners are :), yeah, I forgot the story already :#)...

delves/public dungeons/overland bosses are all good methods for testing out damage...after awhile, it's time to go re-glyph and respec attributes (more coin :#)...

head back to cyro and give it another try...finally respec cp (usually end up having to do this twice, cuz I forget to do more than one wheel the first time - oh no mister bill!!!)...then - time to re-learn a new rotation...die some more...

don't tell anyone - but, it's actually a lot of fun...

That all sounds very familiar. I just switched a dark elf mag dk to a nord stam pvp tank. Lots of learning and respecs (and dying) ahead of me now.

Are you going for an immobilise and whip dk? Mag dk is probably my favorite class. Not easy to play but can be brutal. My other mag dk I switched to a heavy attack flame staff build. Squishy but super effective when defending a keep from the walls. Very satisfying to melt someone with a 14k heavy attack.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made sooooo much AP at BRK on Sunday. But, man oh man did the map get all screwy.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 8, 2017 2:23PM
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally AD and DC are just as involved as fighting one another as they are at fighting EP.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I think you're the one I saw on your blue today. Hit you once, but when the name looked familiar I changed my attention to the sorc next to you lol. I sure missed pvp :)

hmmmm @DannyLV702 , now if i could only get another few thousand or so other players to go along with that - i wouldn't spend nearly so much time galloping around on my horse...
    Maff wrote: »
    Are you going for an immobilise and whip dk? Mag dk is probably my favorite class. Not easy to play but can be brutal. My other mag dk I switched to a heavy attack flame staff build. Squishy but super effective when defending a keep from the walls. Very satisfying to melt someone with a 14k heavy attack.

howdy @Maff ...nice ID, simple and straightforward...kind of wishing i had just gone with geo..."george living in southern california ain't working out so well for me - can't tell ya how many times folks have "tentatively" sounded out "geon" when talking to me, ugh...

i named my "mag" DK: Firebreath - so, i'm pretty committed to the whole fire damage thing...right now i'm trying to balance the ability to survive and sustain with dealing damage...in my mind, i have the notion that a DK should be a pretty resilient type character whether stamina or magicka based...DK's: best shields in the game???
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    @geonsocal @Takes-No-Prisoner
    Nice seeing you two today :)

oh man...i don't care what ya gotta do @wazzz56 - but, if you see me (this goes for everybody) - ya gotta try and come kill me...and, then the tricky part - if you do get me, ya gotta say hello :)

@Takes-No-Prisoner and @Drdeath20 ...i kinda think folks stopped playing the "war" about a week or so ago after AD laid the hammer down on the map...

any one have any guesses as to what happens next campaigns???

seriously, right now, my thought is yellow may be the new blue for another couple of campaign cycles...

Edit: oh yeah...just as i was about to log off for the night and call it quits - i did "run into" another forum poster whom i see from time to time in other threads...truth is - i didn't so much run into them as i had their humongous two handed weapon slam into me and kill me - nice form on the uppercut(?) @andreasranasen :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 6, 2017 7:04PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that is true Geonsocal. Pretty much all alliances just started farming AP. One guy raged in chat really hard over it. We had to tell him to calm down because it was 48hours till campaign end. No way red or blue is beating yellows score unless they held every keep on the map for 48hours straight.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Best moment - throwing Total Dark on someone and watching them kill themselves.
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Trying different non-optimal skills is how I learned to love Total Dark.

hey @Ballcap ...sooooo, glad you got me using eclipse:

Homestead Natch Potes:
    Eclipse:
    This ability and the Total Dark morph can now be placed on an unlimited amount of targets.
    This ability and its morphs will now deal their Area of Effect damage even if the target dies.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haunting Curse got that as well, so that'll be a fun change.
    Options
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    I made sooooo much AD at BRK on Sunday. But, man oh man did the map get all screwy.

I saw you there. You were storming the resource tower with destro ulti popping off all over the place. That fight was huge. Gotta love the big crazy 3 way fights.

@geonsocal I have 4 DK's. My main stam orc DK just runs Leki and Fury which started as a test and turned out to work really well for a simple and easy build.

Regarding next campaign I think DC could come out on top again if they get a good start. Towards the end of this campaign they have been more focused on taking and holding territory, playing well enough to win a campaign. Gonna be tough to beat AD though, they have the numbers to win again.
    Sadly EP numbers seem to be dwindling. They did well to hold second place in this campaign but they had a tough time from both DC and AD. I'm not a fan of DC always pushing to Chalman. I think we would be better to leave it red until we at least have Ash. Let red defend an emp keep from AD.
    If EP gets more decent sized groups taking keeps they definitely have a good chance at winning.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Maff ...that's really interesting - Leki's and Fury together...hmmmm, I just took another look at those sets...berry interesting :)

man, there's soooo many different combinations of gear that can be put together for different effects...been thinking more and more about incorporating sets which debuff the enemy - durok's bane, crest of cyrodiil, knightmare - i have a set of fasalla's guile sitting in the bank...interesting just about all the debuff sets come in heavy...makes sense for tanking purposes though...

actually just about have a full set of meridia's blessing that i was thinking of trying out for fun (more for dungeons) on my "tank" character...

right now for my newly vet "mag" DK i'm using burning spellweave, mother's sorrow (5 pc w/DW) and 2 mismatched magicka heavy monster pieces (just started collecting monster gear - yeah, i should have everything i need sometime in 2018)...for now i have on the apprentice mundus...

without fail ( :o) - the initial setup i use for the new vet characters usually lasts less than a month :#

kinda bummed reading the patch notes...even though it's a long way away - i was hoping that once my imperial "stam" DK hit vet i was gonna gear him up in willows path and armor of the trainee - looks like that won't be happening now - armor of the trainee just got hit hard with the 'ol nerf hammer...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 7, 2017 12:19AM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and so it begins again...interested to see the map when I get home and how the first day of the new campaign goes...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 7, 2017 11:23PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get my head back into the campaign, been off on my PC account playing house. lol
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get my head back into the campaign, been off on my PC account playing house. lol

yeah, it's payday :)

just looked in on the map...EP is off to an early start...they're doing that same crap with bloodmayne again though...

EP at bloodmayne = farming
    AD at bleakers = farming
    DC at sejanus = farming

if you have too many alliance members at the bridge or one of these locations = you're gonna lose...

okay, so for awhile there - except for my DC characters - my other guys on the stable/team/group/cast of characters :) all had some bad feelings towards blue...

gotta be honest - after 60 days of seeing those lovable losers (my own words coming back to haunt me) AD dominating our map - yeah, my blue and red guys might just be developing some hard feelings...

as far as my AD guys go (a sorcerer and nightblade) - for the queen, for the dominion...full disclosure - i only have 2 AD characters (out of eight) cuz I didn't think they'd ever win this campaign :#
    Edited by geonsocal on February 8, 2017 3:21AM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »
    I made sooooo much AD at BRK on Sunday. But, man oh man did the map get all screwy.

I saw you there. You were storming the resource tower with destro ulti popping off all over the place. That fight was huge. Gotta love the big crazy 3 way fights.

l I have 4 DK's. My main stam orc DK just runs Leki and Fury which started as a test and turned out to work really well for a simple and easy build.

Regarding next campaign I think DC could come out on top again if they get a good start. Towards the end of this campaign they have been more focused on taking and holding territory, playing well enough to win a campaign. Gonna be tough to beat AD though, they have the numbers to win again.
    Sadly EP numbers seem to be dwindling. They did well to hold second place in this campaign but they had a tough time from both DC and AD. I'm not a fan of DC always pushing to Chalman. I think we would be better to leave it red until we at least have Ash. Let red defend an emp keep from AD.
    If EP gets more decent sized groups taking keeps they definitely have a good chance at winning.

I was chilling out with Nesquikid and x-This-is-me-x on their blues at BRK mine yesterday while yellow was harassing red. They were getting chased into the tower and I helped DPS down the reds. This is me looked at me confused as to why I wasn't being aggro towards him lol, I let them both up the stairs and hes all like;

giphy.gif

Was fun stuff.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 8, 2017 2:31PM
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

Well hot damn! I've been playing Haderus as Scourge winded down. Competition has already increased the past couple of weeks with AD and DC getting emp for their guildies.

Too bad they aren't changing the campaigns to <edit> everything is worth points. Well, at least he didn't mention it, but it could happen.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 9, 2017 12:05AM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhxOldGamer68 ...to be honest, I found it a little confusing when I look at the 7 day campaigns to figure out what the gameplay might be if you were only concerned with scrolls, or resources or keeps or outposts for scoring...

but, you've liked just having resources as the sole factor in scoring?
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal Chillrend is a Scrolls only for points campaign. Capturing keeps and resources do not earn any points in Chillrend. Most of the time, guilds use Chillrend to push emp and disregards scroll capturing because scroll capturing is pretty tedious.

Thornblade is a Keeps only for points campaign. Only capturing Keeps gave points.

Haderus is a Resources only for points campaign. Only capturing Resources gave points. Frustration with Haderus is that most groups concentrate on the keeps rather than taking resources for points. You'll see a group continue to siege a keep, but fail to take resources and get points. But every so often you will see a small group taking resources all over the map and ignore keeps.

I don't like the gimmicky get only certain things for points. All campaigns should be everything for points like Scourge, Azura Star and BWB.

I play in Haderus since there's no wait and I can play my AD and DC toons without being noticed...And the text chat seems more civil.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 9, 2017 12:12AM
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah the reds in scourge tonight

Take your red dragon and defend the keeps instead of zerging the entire map over and over again.
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Take your red dragon and defend the keeps instead of zerging the entire map over and over again.

ALL DRAGONS TO SCROLL lol
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh? All I ran into was endless sea of yellow everywhere all day.
    Was fun opening the AD gate tho. lol
    Our guild has decided it is time to switch campaigns.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 9, 2017 12:52PM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haderus is a Resources only for points campaign.

@PhxOldGamer68

It'll be a breeding ground for AP with the next update, give this a read to see what I mean.

If you didn't hear, taking resources nets you 1K AP once it flips. 6K for a keep.

Why? Where you guys the EP pushing hard towards Chim at Rayles last night? I was making callouts of your movements once keeps started flagging to the north. AD made their move to take western keeps once they took Fare/BM back from Red.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 9, 2017 2:54PM
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner Thanks for the link.

That will be interesting to see when it rolls out on PS4.

I entered Scourge late last night. I saw the top of the leaderboards already had over 1mil AP in just one day since the reset. How in the f does that happen?
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@TequilaFire
    It's was really bad last night. Thunder Slugs was demanding in text chat for "the dragon" aka the Zerg to go to keeps. They swarm it then leave the keep defenseless. I can't count the amount of times AD or D C would take the keep after they took it and left. The only nice thing I got was a crap ton of AP from healing. I found out I can heal through someone's destro ult easily.

It felt wrong watching this mindless blob steam rolling the map. We got down to Faregyl (spelling?) and I had to stop. I didn't understand the point in pushing AD back so far. Meanwhile D.C. Is taking the map.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's was really bad last night. Thunder Slugs was demanding in text chat for "the dragon" aka the Zerg to go to keeps. They swarm it then leave the keep defenseless. I can't count the amount of times AD or D C would take the keep after they took it and left. The only nice thing I got was a crap ton of AP from healing. I found out I can heal through someone's destro ult easily.

It felt wrong watching this mindless blob steam rolling the map. We got down to Faregyl (spelling?) and I had to stop. I didn't understand the point in pushing AD back so far. Meanwhile D.C. Is taking the map.

EP has the problem AD has, they both need to pay attention to home keeps when they start pushing outwards into Cyro. You need bodies at key locations to defend your stuff. Especially so if you're playing for points. EP is over extending itself a little bit.

Thanks for the link.

That will be interesting to see when it rolls out on PS4.

I entered Scourge late last night. I saw the top of the leaderboards already had over 1mil AP in just one day since the reset. How in the f does that happen?

Boosting or coordinated group farming in a remote location, for example for AD; Chalman mine.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 9, 2017 4:56PM
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OutLaw_Nynx As a former Slug myself, I have to say...yeah. Back when Slugs were less than 100 players after launch, we had a good time taking and defending keeps day and night and working with other guilds/groups.

Mindset changed slowly after a year and new guildies were annoying. I got tired of the "take the keep on the other side of the map" routine or capture and let the "randoms" build the walls. And then the constant fighting with other guilds instead of working with them.

When I see the call outs in text chat to go here and there wherever they are, I just shrug while I defend a keep.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 9, 2017 5:08PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TequilaFire

Oh is that what Lysergic means by dragon.
    I thought he was referring to Ancientdragon. lol
    I run with the infamous Warriors and we have members in the Slugs in our guild also but leaders don't play well together.
    Lately with 50shades reappearing it has been horrible in chat, I admit I get sucked in so best to go to another campaign.
    Enough drama, don't want to poison this great thread!
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 9, 2017 5:26PM
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah! Sorry, didn't mean to poison it with that.
    Options