Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully it goes without saying...love seeing ya'lls vids of gameplay...

it's weird, never really thought about doing it til someone mentioned capturing some "unique" sights you might see...really wish I had recorded some of the old arena district stuff now - talk about bizarre...

for whatever reason, I like the glitches: transparent outposts, high overhead camera perspective, enemies within a keep still stuck in the "floor" - unkilllable, long after the battle; and the odd stuff: people "role" playing :)...all alliances getting together in cyro to chill...

...wild melee's, siege perspective of the different alliances breaching the outer wall...hands down - EP looks the "scariest" coming in...i always think fire ants :# that red just comes alive on the screen...

just gotta get it together one day...

I do ask please, limited high screeching noises, caused by either fear or anger - cuz it's annoying :p and lite cussing - cuz the mods will edit out a bunch of that sweet and salty stuff...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 20, 2017 8:36PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as always - you rock :) ...been meaning to start youtube account...shoot, probably already have one and just forgot...alright then...

so, basically just trim up the clip in capture gallery then go to share factory select new project, select a theme (hmmmm, didn't find any eso themes), select x number of clips and then: yikes - lots of editing looking stuff (yeah, I'm gonna have to revisit that whole step later), then press triangle to share...

this looks hard :#
    Edited by geonsocal on February 20, 2017 8:56PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, holy crap - nice find @OutLaw_Nynx ...

yeah, that's a pretty significant event (february 27 to march 6)...no CP pvp/double AP...bring it on - sure am glad now that I've started experimenting with taking potions...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 20, 2017 9:05PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My solo gear is built to be balanced, my Sorc should be able to do the no CP for a week. This will make for an interesting week.

@Strider_Roshin You'll be hanging out with us in Haderus and Scourge for this event right? I remember back in the day you were big on NoCP campaigns. Not sure if your opinion has changed on that, but yea you should totally jump in on this event.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 20, 2017 9:48PM
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry AD, I picked up your scroll as you tried to run it back past Ash and i dropped it back at Warden.
    I've been running my stam sorc orc high speed build which was perfect for a scroll run. The only DC that could catch up had max speed horses with rapids.
    It's a useless build for fights but I can lap a keep super fast, take camps down and escape most enemy players. Pretty amusing to play.
    This morning I did help those bananas out on my AD character though. DC had capped all but one or two keeps so I made a switch to help recapture a couple yellow home keeps. Pretty frustrating to log on and find the map is all one colour.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »
    I'm sorry AD, I picked up your scroll as you tried to run it back past Ash and i dropped it back at Warden.
    I've been running my stam sorc orc high speed build which was perfect for a scroll run. The only DC that could catch up had max speed horses with rapids.
    It's a useless build for fights but I can lap a keep super fast, take camps down and escape most enemy players. Pretty amusing to play.
    This morning I did help those bananas out on my AD character though. DC had capped all but one or two keeps so I made a switch to help recapture a couple yellow home keeps. Pretty frustrating to log on and find the map is all one colour.

Love it i considered building my orc for this but decidex as many times as ive held a scroll its not worth it lol. I used it for farming mats for a while until i began my boycott of grinding
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Follow up thought can you go werewolf with a scroll?
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    @t3hdubzy
    I used this build for farming Craglorn earlier. Definitely makes things easier. I wanted to make this build a long time ago but never got around to farming the armour. Before this he just wore Viper and Affliction, but I'm not a big fan of proc sets so rarely used him in Cyrodiil.
    Regarding werewolves I'd guess you could pick one up if you were already in form. I haven't tried but think ultimates don't work when carrying scrolls.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc is great for StamSorc in general, their sprinting passive is amazing with Hurricane out
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anyone buys the house next to rawl'kha please let me know...haven't really watched any preview vids on that spot; but, I'm a little concerned with the size of the yard being partly water...

all my characters work out of rawl'kha...there are a lot nicer places, just seems the most convenient though...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had one of those days that made me sad on Scourge yesterday with the questionable tactics of a certain emperor.
    Wish they would fix the ambushing into keeps when the walls aren't down thing.
    It is totally devastating to be destro/proxy bombed by an emp you don't expect to be in your keep yet as you counter siege.
    Happens once you go meh, but multiple times it gets old.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 22, 2017 12:58PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had one of those days that made me sad on Scourge yesterday with the questionable tactics of a certain emperor.
    Wish they would fix the ambushing into keeps when the walls aren't down thing.
    It is totally devastating to be destro/proxy bombed by an emp you don't expect to be in your keep yet as you counter siege.
    Happens once you go meh, but multiple times it gets old.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

The blue emp from last night?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday at Chalman specifically was in at least 3 times by my count more by others count.
    Not trying to call him out just wish they would fix the problem.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday at Chalman specifically was in at least 3 times by my count more by others count.

I hear ya, but honestly ive only accidentally did that one time chasing someone to a door, its not easy to do on accident. Obvious exploit.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha - Yes, I can see where that would be an issue with the individual in question. I've unintentionally ambushed into a keep a few times (Gap closing a player who's running for the door trying to kill them before they get in) but usually my reaction upon finding myself on the wrong side of that door is "Oh %*&$#!! Now I'm gonna die!"

I'm usually killed within seconds. :smile:
    Edited by dotme on February 22, 2017 3:21PM
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, not too crazy about folks knowingly trying to get over...once, it's an ooops - multiple times, unless you're a noob, that's pretty clear exploiting...

it's been awhile since i've run into any enemies inside a keep, last time I did see it i had thought that enemy player was a leftover from a previous battle and had just hidden inside the keep (which is actually a lot of fun to do :))...

I'll never forget when I first started playing the first time I was with a small group and we had gone to a keep deep in enemy territory and there was an enemy player trying to "help" our group through a door by having players gap close on him...didn't like that, left group and walked away...just don't get the point of playing that way...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 22, 2017 8:34PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All this talk reminds me of a time my friend ;) accidentally got into an enemy outpost and well....made it rain :|

https://youtu.be/VvpJTU8fyD4
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    All this talk reminds me of a time my friend ;) accidentally got into an enemy outpost and well....made it rain :|

https://youtu.be/VvpJTU8fyD4

that was stupid cool!!!

ugh, I need to get my poop together and start posting vid clips...

loved the music - who says bow builds aren't effective for up close fighting...

especially loved the whole "do a little damage and then i'm outta here hopping off the top wall"...

okay, seeing how it's just us and we're friends here - yeah, every so often I'll check to see if I can get up on the wall...since the "fix" - never works for me though :(

to be honest, not sure how much damage (minus the ult) I could cause to the folks up top...got me really wondering now :D

#easilycorruptable
    Edited by geonsocal on February 22, 2017 9:17PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Must Be The Place
    https://youtu.be/E9aN93S8nl8
    well...after about 3 hours of downloading - finally got on last night and picked up one of the free apartments (rosy lion)...

hope everyone is having fun with their houses...to be honest - i'm more interested in making my way into cyro and testing out new builds/abilities and gear; and, of course all the yummy new AP gains...

i'm happy though to see the progress eso is making...not a perfect world out there - but, a pretty darn good game...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 22, 2017 9:35PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited to get on and try out the Destro buffs. Had a great time messing around in PvP.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited to get on and try out the Destro buffs. Had a great time messing around in PvP.

got me wondering now - what part are your alluding to - the rework of the ancient knowledge passive?

Ancient Knowledge: This passive ability no longer decreases the cast time of your Destruction Staff Heavy Attacks by 5/10%. Instead, it grants you a bonus as long as you have one Destruction Staff ability slotted. This bonus depends on your staff type:
    Flame Staves: Increases your single-target damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%.
    Lightning Staves: Increases your Area of Effect damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Elemental Drain (Weakness to Elements morph): This morph no longer restores a flat value of Magicka whenever you deal Flame, Frost, or Shock Damage to the target. Instead, it applies Minor Magickasteal to them.
    Edited by geonsocal on February 23, 2017 12:02AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup that is the one
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been a couple of weeks since I've been on this discussion. I've been re-specing skills so had to dolmen farm in Auridon and Alik'r. Noobs that destroy the pinions irritate me.

I'm playing my DC toon this campaign to see how DC text chat rolls. Wow, just as toxic as EP text chat. STFU seems to be the acronym favorite.

Playing EP toons in Haderus, text chat has gotten toxic as well. EP has controlled Haderus for a long time so the players are not used to a lot fighting. With the overflow from Scourge and the closed campaigns, the competition has kicked it up several notches. Now you got Scourge players fighting with Haderus players about strategy all the time. STFU here, STFU there. LOL.

If Orsinium DLC is accessed through a cart in a PVE town, I can't see why IC can't be accessed through a portal, cave, windmill, pier, boat, etc. A lot of PVE players don't like entering Cyrodiil.

@t3hdubzy I remember seeing your guild chat about that fight against AD.

Since I play on all alliances, I'm pretty discreet. I'm not "gud" at 1v1 so I just support from far away - siege weapons and weakening or draining skills. Must...defend...keep...
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a couple of weeks since I've been on this discussion. I've been re-specing skills so had to dolmen farm in Auridon and Alik'r. Noobs that destroy the pinions irritate me.

If Orsinium DLC is accessed through a cart in a PVE town, I can't see why IC can't be accessed through a portal, cave, windmill, pier, boat, etc. A lot of PVE players don't like entering Cyrodiil.

Since I play on all alliances, I'm pretty discreet. I'm not "gud" at 1v1 so I just support from far away - siege weapons and weakening or draining skills. Must...defend...keep...

you're my hero @PhxOldGamer68 ...isn't it so nice to play at your own pace and not have to worry about whom/when/where you fight or kill...for awhile there when i was affiliated with some pvp guilds - occasionally i would tend to avoid that particular alliance at times...it's nice to feel free...

100% agree on the making it easier to go to IC...such great pvp potential there...many times when i show up it's really empty or very imbalanced...still, a fun pve zone though...

took a trip to bangkorai with a character that had never been there before...wanted to go pick up the imperial disguise at Hallin's Stand...i was absolutely amazed at just how "empty" of other players that map was...

maybe it's just me...i enjoy farming a bunch - does it seem to anyone else like they've decreased the number of raw material nodes?
    Edited by geonsocal on February 23, 2017 11:14PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm playing my DC toon this campaign to see how DC text chat rolls. Wow, just as toxic as EP text chat. STFU seems to be the acronym favorite.

Playing EP toons in Haderus, text chat has gotten toxic as well. EP has controlled Haderus for a long time so the players are not used to a lot fighting. With the overflow from Scourge and the closed campaigns, the competition has kicked it up several notches. Now you got Scourge players fighting with Haderus players about strategy all the time. STFU here, STFU there. LOL.

@t3hdubzy I remember seeing your guild chat about that fight against AD.

Im pretty decent 1v1 but i have a hard time with super tanks and sorcs now that curse is destoryong my face

I like running with morning start with 3 to 8 players is about my max.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haunting Curse, if you have purge you can take that off.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually been considering running it for just this, i havent been able to block through it at all and i run only 18k hp, but what to sacrifice lol?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

Actually been considering running it for just this, i havent been able to block through it at all and i run only 18k hp, but what to sacrifice lol?

You Cannot Block Haunting Curse. It was apart of the PTS patch notes that they made the ability to go off for full damage even if it is blocked.

According to another thread, the Fire Staff buff will increase the single target damage from Curse, and Lightning Staff would buff the Aoe portion of it.

Sorc is really nasty to fight if you're not running shields.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 2:33PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

You Cannot Block Haunting Curse. It was apart of the PTS patch notes that they made the ability to go off for full damage even if it is blocked.

According to another thread, the Fire Staff buff will increase the single target damage from Curse, and Lightning Staff would buff the Aoe portion of it.

Sorc is really nasty to fight if you're not running shields.

Khajit has no shields on his bar. LoL, yea i skipped that part of notes. Usually i try to burst em down before it goes off. Purge is going to be a must.