Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Make sure you check out the night stands and containers when your turning in your quests. Just found a full imperial motif at cropsford in addition to all the other motifs from the rewards $$$ :p

holy *** sanctum...nice score :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kind of assumed the way these motifs have been dropping everything would fall. Sold Bouyant Armchairs for 5k. Sure someone was happy.

I like doing them Bruma Quests. They’re fast.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I kind of assumed the way these motifs have been dropping everything would fall. Sold Bouyant Armchairs for 5k. Sure someone was happy.

I like doing them Bruma Quests. They’re fast.

man, i am absolutely swimming in motifs at the moment...i have a full chest of them and more in the bank...

I have 3 chests and 1 coffer now...for a minute I had my inventory fairly well controlled - this event has definitely ballooned up my inventory...

i'm almost hesitant to open all those town boxes...ugh, more stuff :)

probably will just have different characters start reading some of the less valuable motifs...

spent so much time crafting yesterday and doing some zone dailies i didn't get a chance to make it in to cyro for any dailies...

gonna try to do the bruma and cropsford dailies today...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 11, 2018 5:09PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some interesting info on jewelry crafting:
    JEWELRY CRAFTING BASE MATERIALS
    Based on both your Engraver passive level and character level, you are able to harvest different types of Dust:

Levels 1-25 Pewter
    Levels 26-50 Copper
    Champion Level 10-60 Silver
    Champion Level 70-140 Electrum
    Champion Level 150-160 Platinum

JEWELRY CRAFTING TRAITS
    ARCANE
    Trait effect: Increases Max Magicka.
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Arcane Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
    Trait Material: Cobalt. Acquired by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.

HEALTHY
    Trait effect: Increases Max Health.
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Healthy Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
    Trait Material: Antimony. Acquired by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.

ROBUST
    Trait effect: Increases Max Stamina.
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Robust Trait drop randomly all over Tamriel.
    Trait Material: Zinc. Acquired either by refining Jewelry Crafting base materials.

PROTECTIVE
    Trait effect: Increases Physical and Spell Resistance
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Protective Trait have a rare chance to be found within Undaunted chests.
    Trait Material: Titanium. Acquired as part of daily dungeon rewards in the raw form and, rarely, in refined form. In order to create Titanium, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its raw form.

TRIUNE
    Trait effect: Increases Heath, Stamina, & Magicka
    Researchable Item: A researchable ring is awarded at the end of the Summerset main quest line and a researchable necklace is awarded at the end of the Psijic Order quest line.
    Trait Material: Dawn-Prism. Acquired from Jewelry Crafting Nodes throughout Tamriel with a higher chance to be found in Summerset. In order to create Dawn-Prism, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its pulverized (raw) form.

INFUSED
    Trait effect: Increases Enchantment Effectiveness
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Infused Trait have a chance to drop from Psijic Portals, found all over Tamriel.
    Trait Material: Aurbic Amber. Acquired from Psijic Portals, with a rare chance for a refined form. Note that Psijic Portals only appear if you have the new Psijic Order Skill Line. In order to create Aurbic Amber, you must refine 10 pieces of the material in its pulverized (raw) form.

SWIFT
    Trait effect: Increases Movement Speed
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Swift Trait have a rare chance to be awarded when completing normal Jewelry Crating Writs.
    Trait Material: Gilding Wax. Purchased from Master Writ Merchants for Writ Vouchers.

HARMONY
    Trait effect: Increases Synergy Effectiveness
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Harmony Trait have a chance to be awarded as part of the regular rewards for completing weekly Trial quests. Note that reward boxes from Trial quests completed before the release of ESO: Summerset do not contain jewelry with the Harmony Trait.
    Trait Material: Dibellium. High chance to be acquired in refined form from weekly Trial quest rewards.

BLOODTHIRSTY
    Trait effect: Increases Damage against low-health foes
    Researchable Item: Necklaces and rings with the Bloodthirsty Trait have a chance to be awarded when you complete the new Cyrodiil daily board quests (note, not the repeatable quests).
    Trait Material: Slaughterstone. Acquired in refined form from the War Researcher vendor in Cyrodiil for Alliance Points.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JEWELRY CRAFTING UPGRADE MATERIALS
    In order to upgrade rings and necklaces, crafted or looted, you need to use a Jewelry Crafting Station and have the required materials.

Fine (Green) Quality – Terne
    Superior (Blue) Quality – Iridium
    Epic (Purple) Quality – Zircon
    Legendary (Gold) Quality – Chromium

You can acquire upgrade materials by refining Dust (the Jewelry Crafting base material) into Ounces. When refining Dust, you have a chance to acquire Grains of the different upgrade materials. You must refine 10 Grains in order to acquire a Bar, and you can use Bars to upgrade your necklaces and rings at a Jewelry Crafting Station.

JEWELRY CRAFTING SKILL LINE
    Like traditional Crafting Skill Lines, there are a host of Jewelry Crafting Passive Abilities that you can unlock with Skill Points as you improve your Jewelry Crafting level.

These new Passive Abilities are as follows:

Engraver: Allows you to craft jewelry to a specific level range.
    Keen Eye: Jewelry: Highlights Seams in the world.
    Jewelry Extraction: Improves your chance to receive materials when deconstructing jewelry.
    Lapidary Research: Reduces the time it takes to research a new Jewelry Crafting Trait.
    Platings Expertise: Reduces the number of Bars you need to upgrade your jewelry.

Each Passive Ability can be upgraded multiple times, increasing its effectiveness.

of note - you can only research one item at a time (necklace or ring)

here's a link to the full article: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26357?Check-out-Jewelry-Crafting-With-this-Preview-&-Guide
    Edited by geonsocal on April 11, 2018 7:18PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Jake1576 ...i hope all is well for you in tamriel - and, beyond :)

speaking of inventory management...i'm already in one "high-profile" trading guild (back alley trading), looks though like i'm going to need another spot to help clear out all the "junk/stuff" in my inventory...

one of my other large guilds that used to secure good trader spots have moved away from the trading biz...

I was just wondering what the weekly/monthly dues are for the purple gang?
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that lately I'm getting sniped at melee range. Instead of 5 dizzying swing spammers ganging up on you, there's 5 bow spammers.

Bows are just that effective.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

howdy captain :)

that's very cool they're going to extend this event by a week...

I don't think I've ever participated this much in any previous event...

i'm at the point now where most the gear I still want is locked behind dungeons...once we can upgrade blue jewelry i'm going to try to start soloing certain dungeons on normal...

I've been farming steady for a couple of years, so, i'm good on most mats...

however, buying my first house (the sleek creek spot in rawl'kha) really opened my eyes to how much gold I would need if I wanted to buy more houses and then buy all the crafting stations and target dummy stuff...

I've been hovering around 600k for almost a year now...so, mostly using the event to finally build up some coin in the bank - so, i can spend it all on another house and house stuff :)

actually did the "jack of all trades" thing on all 10 characters...it's interesting to see that after doing all those writs a few dozen times - you can actually finish all six crafting writs pretty quick...

definitely tedious though...best thing about it is that it'll help me level up my medicinal use passive for some of my characters...no doubt that's one of the more important passives to have for pvping...

due to all the stuff i'm getting from not only the anniversary boxes, but, also the various daily box rewards - i'm actually gonna need to set up a second high traffic guild trader spot...

normally most of my eso time has been spent fighting in cyrodiil - focusing on my merchant game has been a fun change of pace...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a very happy friday to you all...for everyone still keeping the war alive - thank you very much...

went in again last night to do some town dailies...the impression i'm getting is that if the town doesn't have a flag (chorrol/weynon priory and cheydinhal) everything is pretty peachy between everyone - however - if you head to one of the flag towns and different alliances are there - it becomes an immediate fight to the death inside town limits...

considering there are alliance guards whom are close by to the quest turn in locations - it kind of makes sense that it's super important to keep the flag your color...

looks like i'll be heading back to cropsford on one of my EP characters tonight - was getting ready to turn in my 3rd and 4th quests when the town flipped and i and a couple of other EP players got promptly kicked out of town by some AD folks :p

oh well...

still haven't made it up to bruma to do any of those town quests...i'm wondering if the flag is red or yellow if it'll inhibit my blue magblade from getting and turning in quests...that character is pretty good at staying well hidden...could be fun to find out...

up until now one of my primary coin resources has been the alliance war...i'm actually doing okay on coin these days - so, i may start limiting my play in cyrodiil - particularly if one alliance is totally dominating...i don't know - we'll see...

for about the last two and a half years it's felt like i've spent about 70 to 80 percent of my time in cyrodiil whenever i log in to eso...

now that i've been spending more time on my characters just doing dailies it's given me the opportunity to see there are some things i need to do for these characters to make them more effective in both pve and pvp...i may just take some time to fill in some holes on my character builds...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 13, 2018 9:07PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO builds...

giphy.webp
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09CWr1F0Ks

Zaan is fair and balanced as you can see. The first time it procced in the first clip before the cheesy intro I ran and they were at the top and I was at the bottom and still the Zaan was hitting me through the wall and floor on the opposite side of the house. 10m is a huge distance.
    Options
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna use zaan now
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that RGA guy that was using zaan is in a guild i am in lol played with him a few times but he has not been running with are guild lately when i played with him in group he usually died rather quick lol surprised to see him in a video and it's even weirder seeing a lot of those other players in that video also i am in a guild with a lot of them lol
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    checked in to cyrodiil to do some town dailies...

ran into this weird situation in vlastrus, the quest giver inside the building was being camped by 5 red players (i was AD)...

it reminded me how much fun tower farming could be...

man, i remember camping inside some resources for up to an hour just fighting and killing folks as they ported in through the front door (it would drive me crazy when people up on the second floor would let dk's leap up to them and let them inside)...

seemed a little weird cause it was a quest location and they were in there for a while...watched them for a few minutes after I had died and finished the other quests...

kind of made me nostalgic for the old towers, and, a little sad for those 5 players...

that was as good as it would ever get again...and they were camping questers...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 16, 2018 7:36AM
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zaan is fair and balanced as you can see. The first time it procced in the first clip before the cheesy intro I ran and they were at the top and I was at the bottom and still the Zaan was hitting me through the wall and floor on the opposite side of the house. 10m is a huge distance.

I don't watch game videos (well except for GDQ) but I'm gonna assume it's a Zaan fest. Maybe I'm a special snowflake but I've only had Zaan proc on me twice and I just blocked through it. On paper it looks like a badass set but I'm not sure it's having an impact on PVP.

Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played PVP for a good 5 hours this weekend and Zerg surfed. I really have not seen this set either. TBF, I am cloaking most of the time anyway.

Maybe it’s just a niche set no one knows about yet? Or maybe the veteran dungeon that drops it is hard?
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

I don't watch game videos (well except for GDQ) but I'm gonna assume it's a Zaan fest. Maybe I'm a special snowflake but I've only had Zaan proc on me twice and I just blocked through it. On paper it looks like a badass set but I'm not sure it's having an impact on PVP.

I was disappointed when I used it on PvP...expected more.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    that RGA guy that was using zaan is in a guild i am in lol played with him a few times but he has not been running with are guild lately when i played with him in group he usually died rather quick lol surprised to see him in a video and it's even weirder seeing a lot of those other players in that video also i am in a guild with a lot of them lol

Rga is really good, must have cought him on a bad day!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I swapped guest into Sotha Sil for waiting for vivec to pop. That campaign is absolutely terrible. Found myself instantly gated. With everything at level 5. I know I’m not a bad player but WTH? These NPC at level 5 are Brutal man.

They just whooped up on me for 5 minutes and by the time I cleared the freaking resource enough to take it. They flipping respawn and start all over again.

So then I decide to bypass all this garbage and head to bruma. It’s a long ride. By the time I get there Vivec pops. Continue to Bruma. It’s just an S show.

I’m going back to doing writs and other BS daily quest. Cyrodil just a waste of time. It was fun for a short minute. But really blows when you’re trying to do something.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played PVP for a good 5 hours this weekend and Zerg surfed. I really have not seen this set either. TBF, I am cloaking most of the time anyway.

Maybe it’s just a niche set no one knows about yet? Or maybe the veteran dungeon that drops it is hard?

The dungeon is pretty hard until you get the dynamics down, which can take some time depending on who you are with. I think one of the biggest complaints with the set is that it goes through walls so you can't LOS it, which is a fair complaint.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I swapped guest into Sotha Sil for waiting for vivec to pop. That campaign is absolutely terrible. Found myself instantly gated. With everything at level 5. I know I’m not a bad player but WTH? These NPC at level 5 are Brutal man.

They just whooped up on me for 5 minutes and by the time I cleared the freaking resource enough to take it. They flipping respawn and start all over again.

So then I decide to bypass all this garbage and head to bruma. It’s a long ride. By the time I get there Vivec pops. Continue to Bruma. It’s just an S show.

I’m going back to doing writs and other BS daily quest. Cyrodil just a waste of time. It was fun for a short minute. But really blows when you’re trying to do something.

They are buffing the NPCs in the CP campaigns to match the nonCP level of difficulty in the upcoming PvP patch.
    Oh Joy!
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should get in there and try fighting the NPC before they decide to buff anything. Those freaking things will wreck you in no CP. sure they might not be bad for a group but solo they’re vicious.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trying to make resources more effort to take because the number of resources and their level will now determine the number of defensive siege slots available at the keep. Still will be able to solo but your going to have to be smart about it.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

The dungeon is pretty hard until you get the dynamics down, which can take some time depending on who you are with. I think one of the biggest complaints with the set is that it goes through walls so you can't LOS it, which is a fair complaint.

I agree with that. With how much the damage scales, there isn't a whole lot of counter play besides just gaining distance.
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he is a good player i just meant he use to be squishy he must of switched up his build
    Edited by Jake1576 on April 16, 2018 4:44PM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭

No he's not. He has some idea of what he's doing except he chooses to run the most over performing setup in the game (magplar with bubble and zaan) and he Xv1s players, lol. The best players will perform without carry setups. He would not.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, they're out...

latest greatest pts notes...the only thing that stays the same - is change...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407045/pts-patch-notes-v4-0-0/p1
    Edited by geonsocal on April 16, 2018 7:32PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to get things twisted - cuz, i am most definitely no kind of master merchant - i am though pretty pleased that i have both the lovely Atin in Wayrest, and, leggy elf lady, Ronuril in Rawl'kha peddling my fine eso wares...

maybe two of the very best guild trader locations in the game...woo-hoo!!!

it's funny - i remember now why i stopped doing crafting writs - holy *** is that a tedious, joyless task...ugh, can't wait for the event to end :)
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Fareye ...good to have you back in the game :)
    Options