Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD won going away...i think it was by about 4k...DC followed and EP brought up the rear...

things flipped with about 10 days or so left in the camapign...

once EP lost their lead they pretty much folded tents and headed elsewhere...

fighting solo, "zerg surfing" can definitely be a lonely feeling when you're just running around taking resources and trying to find some action...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the few times I was in there Couldn’t do anything. Felt like them guys were waiting around looking for someone to whoop up on. I had no chance.
    Options
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I didn’t get in Cyrodil hardly at all in March. Couldn’t get into a group and got my teeth kicked in a lot. Daggerfall was looking pretty crappy most the times I popped in. Who won? Was it close? I on,y got rewards on one toon.

For most of the campaign, it was very competitive, with all factions within 200-300 points of each other and the placement flipping regularly. During the final week of the campaign AD got in first for the first time that campaign and it was like a light switch was turned on or something. After that, AD dominated all day, every day for the rest of the campaign, even during prime time, and finished 3k points ahead 2nd place. Kinda weird to be honest
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone :)

just in case you haven't had a chance to check out any of the summerset preview reviews - i found this one to be particularly informative:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/89e1in/summerset_update_18_teaser_a_recap_of_last_weeks/?st=JFJRF712&sh=4be75fac

if you haven't heard yet - the big news is the inclusion of the bow, staves and 2 handers as a 2 piece item...

if everyone wasn't already equipping monster sets - they will now...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=8275005
    holy cow - don't know if you all caught this - but, brain wheeler actually communicated some cyrodiil stuff today:
    Here is some news about Cyrodiil for update 18 (the Summerset update). There are more things coming for the update besides what is listed here and we’ll detail those in the coming months, but here’s a start:

Server Performance: Several requirements that were part of ability passives have been converted to server side encoded checks, which will cut down on requirements ran per ability use.

Client Performance: We have increased the amount of cpu cores used by the client which should improve framerate for players on mid to high end CPU's on PC platforms. On consoles and PC we have improved how characters are composited resulting in faster character loads and less framerate spikes.

Defense ticks no longer require you to sit and wait in an objective for the tick. Instead, each type of objective will track whether you’ve earned credit towards a defense or offense tick. Earning the offense or defense "tick" is pretty easy, and you earn credit for pretty much everything except standing there doing nothing. Offense ticks still have a base value that will be granted regardless of being on the credit list, but any bonus AP earned by combat around and inside an objective will only be granted to players that are on the credit lists.

You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.

On top of that, we've increased the amount of Alliance Points you can earn from a Keep Defense with a multiplier based on the lowest ranking Resource of that keep. This is meant to encourage defending the entire superstructure of a Keep and it's supporting structures.

Lastly regarding Keeps themselves, we’ve added a new Keep Upgrade to more defensive siege weapons. The higher the keep levels are on wood, food and ore, the more siege weapons defenders can place.

New daily quests have been added with a new quest board. These quests will grant Cyrodiil exclusive costume pieces and other goodies.

Under-population and Underdog evaluation periods have been drastically reduced. This will result in scoring adjustments being applied more frequently depending on population and scoring within shorter time periods.

Monsters/guards in CP Enabled campaigns have learned how to deal with CP enabled characters. They will be a bit harder to kill and hit a bit harder.

Catapults now have their area damage stick around in the world for a period of time after impact resulting in better area denial. Ballista have been rebalanced to do more damage vs. Siege weapons and damage vs. players has been reduced.

There is more info for Cyrodiil and update 18 coming in the next few months, but until then we will see you in the war!
    The character compositing should help with console crashes <-- confirmed from our coder gang.

In terms of the BRK -> Sejanus example, the two are technically different structures on the server as one is an Outpost and the other is a Keep. This means you could be on both of their credit lists, but if you pushed to Alessia and contributed to that battle, your BRK credit would be replaced with Alessia credit.

i like hanging out at keeps and outposts fighting...not a big fan of scrambling around to keeps just to fight npcs and doors...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 3, 2018 11:59PM
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=8275005
    holy cow - don't know if you all caught this - but, brain wheeler actually communicated some cyrodiil stuff today:
    Here is some news about Cyrodiil for update 18 (the Summerset update). There are more things coming for the update besides what is listed here and we’ll detail those in the coming months, but here’s a start:

Server Performance: Several requirements that were part of ability passives have been converted to server side encoded checks, which will cut down on requirements ran per ability use.

Client Performance: We have increased the amount of cpu cores used by the client which should improve framerate for players on mid to high end CPU's on PC platforms. On consoles and PC we have improved how characters are composited resulting in faster character loads and less framerate spikes.

Defense ticks no longer require you to sit and wait in an objective for the tick. Instead, each type of objective will track whether you’ve earned credit towards a defense or offense tick. Earning the offense or defense "tick" is pretty easy, and you earn credit for pretty much everything except standing there doing nothing. Offense ticks still have a base value that will be granted regardless of being on the credit list, but any bonus AP earned by combat around and inside an objective will only be granted to players that are on the credit lists.

You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.

On top of that, we've increased the amount of Alliance Points you can earn from a Keep Defense with a multiplier based on the lowest ranking Resource of that keep. This is meant to encourage defending the entire superstructure of a Keep and it's supporting structures.

Lastly regarding Keeps themselves, we’ve added a new Keep Upgrade to more defensive siege weapons. The higher the keep levels are on wood, food and ore, the more siege weapons defenders can place.

New daily quests have been added with a new quest board. These quests will grant Cyrodiil exclusive costume pieces and other goodies.

Under-population and Underdog evaluation periods have been drastically reduced. This will result in scoring adjustments being applied more frequently depending on population and scoring within shorter time periods.

Monsters/guards in CP Enabled campaigns have learned how to deal with CP enabled characters. They will be a bit harder to kill and hit a bit harder.

Catapults now have their area damage stick around in the world for a period of time after impact resulting in better area denial. Ballista have been rebalanced to do more damage vs. Siege weapons and damage vs. players has been reduced.

There is more info for Cyrodiil and update 18 coming in the next few months, but until then we will see you in the war!
    The character compositing should help with console crashes <-- confirmed from our coder gang.

In terms of the BRK -> Sejanus example, the two are technically different structures on the server as one is an Outpost and the other is a Keep. This means you could be on both of their credit lists, but if you pushed to Alessia and contributed to that battle, your BRK credit would be replaced with Alessia credit.

i like hanging out at keeps and outposts fighting...not a big fan of scrambling around to keeps just to fight npcs and doors...

Going to take some adjusting to get use to these changes
    Edited by Jake1576 on April 4, 2018 1:52AM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD won going away...i think it was by about 4k...DC followed and EP brought up the rear...

fighting solo, "zerg surfing" can definitely be a lonely feeling when you're just running around taking resources and trying to find some action...

They were on AD, it is like all 3 alliances won the campaign by combining into one.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=8275005

Going to take some adjusting to get use to these changes

to me - what I mostly heard was I get a three set bonus on each character, which means i can combine mechanical acuity, shacklebreaker, molag kena on my stamplar, cuz of the jewelry stuff...

psijic order has some cool animations...i don't mind mixing up my rotations...

and, most importantly - I ain't gotta ride my mount, pop rapids and jam my thumb through the controller to earn a living in cyrodiil...

i enjoy fighting at my own keeps and resources...me and them buffed up guards are gonna be OP!!!

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They were on AD, it is like all 3 alliances won the campaign by combining into one.

been meaning to comment on this post - every time I read what you wrote it makes me laugh - cuz, it's so freaking true...
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh I'm enjoying it. I'm not enjoying having to 1vX fat groups of yellow with the emp hp buff but I do enjoy the endless fights that can be found everywhere in yellow territory. Just sucks when 4 people turns into 50 in the blink of an eye after 1 dude or facing cheesy *** like Zaan and heal debuff builds/bleed builds.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh I'm enjoying it.

tumblr_m6fiaaaWLQ1r9bsiwo1_500.gif

Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    *** Zaan and these *** *** sniping cowards man are all you see now. Or gank*** throwing incaps left and right with 100 into befoul. Tempted to make another thread complaining about Zaan. That *** should not exist!
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on April 6, 2018 6:20AM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** Zaan and these *** *** sniping cowards man are all you see now. Or gank*** throwing incaps left and right with 100 into befoul. Tempted to make another thread complaining about Zaan. That *** should not exist!

1.0 I mean what do you expect when every time I see you, you're playing with a small scale group and constantly put yourself into situations where you are heavily out numbered. You are gonna see a lotta this stuff!
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean it should exist
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record though, when I do see you and your groupies I leave you all alone. I play by my own standards, and when I see enemies heavily out numbered, and I’m not in a group, I don’t help my own alliance out. There isn’t a point to bullying an out numbered enemy.

As for Zaan, I suggest thinking creatively here. It’s a proc that turns on on a 20% chance, on light or heavy attacks. So if you’re dealing with multiple users, and you are with that group of reds I saw you with last time. Kite them way from an objective into the wilds and single them out. The dudes I saw you fighting with at Bleakers and at Nikel can obviously hold their ground. The trick to dealing with proc users is identifying and focusing them quickly. No different then focusing a healer.

Back to Zaan for a second, it scales off of magic and is a magic attack. And what things are you gonna see with it? Staff attacks sometimes, duel wielded attacks or Sword and Shield. Since it procs off of a heavy or light, if you start seeing them swing around their normal attacks that’s the indication to get out of that close range. It’s obvious they are fishing for a proc, don’t let them have it even if you have to dodge roll away and use Talons do it.(assuming you usually run DK I saw your Red was a MagDK)
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 9, 2018 12:17AM
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the record though, when I do see you and your groupies I leave you all alone. I play by my own standards, and when I see enemies heavily out numbered, and I’m not in a group, I don’t help my own alliance out. There isn’t a point to bullying an out numbered enemy.

As for Zaan, I suggest thinking creatively here. It’s a proc that turns on on a 10% chance, on light or heavy attacks. So if you’re dealing with multiple users, and you are with that group of reds I saw you with last time. Kite them way from an objective into the wilds and single them out. The dudes I saw you fighting with at Bleakers and at Nikel can obviously hold their ground. The trick to dealing with proc users is identifying and focusing them quickly. No different then focusing a healer.

Back to Zaan for a second, it scales off of magic and is a magic attack. And what things are you gonna see with it? Staff attacks sometimes, duel wielded attacks or Sword and Shield. Since it procs off of a heavy or light, if you start seeing them swing around their normal attacks that’s the indication to get out of that close range. It’s obvious they are fishing for a proc, don’t let them have it even if you have to dodge roll away and use Talons do it.(assuming you usually run DK I saw your Red was a MagDK)

A mag dk can't burst a magplar with Zaan which is what you see a lot. A mag dk without Zaan can't burst a mag dk with Zaan because they both hold L2. Divide and conquer is the strategy every 1vXer/small scaler uses unless they're in a group full of bombs. At Nikel we try and get people to chase us into the rocks where theres plenty of LOS and spots immune to siege as well as chokes to ult dump in. And while I appreciate the tip, creating space with your targets in an Xv1 scenario is extremely difficult. They all grow a pair and stay on your ass when its an outnumbered situation.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to know you're out there again captain :)

probably best piece of wisdom I've read in a while on the forums was reference the jubilee boxes...

someone had mentioned some disappointment with the contents of the box, and, someone astutely pointed out that the primary purpose of the event was too make coin...

if you get bait, and you don't plan to use it - sell it...

point being - particularly in this age of outfits - go farm them motifs...

I had been casually acquiring anniversary boxes doing cwc (trying to hunt down the apostle motif), IC and cyro dailies...

read that comment about this event being about making some coin - with 10 characters and a pretty well stocked crafting bag - that means craft, craft, craft...

so far, picked up a few worm cult pages and a buoyant armiger page...i like crafting - so, I'll add everything to my library - hopefully collect a couple valuable dupes...

I used to do a bunch of crafting dailies back when I was trying to level those skills with.my main...haven't really bothered with them for a year or more...

along with the motifs I've gotten I've also got a tempering alloy, dreugh wax, and a kuta...

right now I only have 5 characters certified...hopefully in the next day or so I can get all 10 certified on everything...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 8, 2018 10:57PM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Zaan, I suggest thinking creatively here. It’s a proc that turns on on a 10% chance, on light or heavy attacks. So if you’re dealing with multiple users, and you are with that group of reds I saw you with last time. Kite them way from an objective into the wilds and single them out. The dudes I saw you fighting with at Bleakers and at Nikel can obviously hold their ground. The trick to dealing with proc users is identifying and focusing them quickly. No different then focusing a healer.

A mag dk can't burst a magplar with Zaan which is what you see a lot. A mag dk without Zaan can't burst a mag dk with Zaan because they both hold L2. Divide and conquer is the strategy every 1vXer/small scaler uses unless they're in a group full of bombs. At Nikel we try and get people to chase us into the rocks where theres plenty of LOS and spots immune to siege as well as chokes to ult dump in. And while I appreciate the tip, creating space with your targets in an Xv1 scenario is extremely difficult. They all grow a pair and stay on your ass when its an outnumbered situation.

Wasn’t exactly a tip, just merely some observations when I watch other people fight. Since I’m sure you’re pretty knowledgeable about these things. The light and heavy attack thing is pretty essential to avoiding the damage since it won’t come out until those conditions are met. That was my main take away from looking at the set itself. As someone on MagNB I can press one button and all my worries get LOSed. That doesn’t mean I don’t think about how it affects others too.

Easier said that done for sure, I know how hard it is out there. Other option to try, especially in those fights you mentioned is to just bring more pocket healers. Might as well. I couldn’t see if your bros where running with heals or not. I don’t get in close enough to watch else I will just get uncloaked then focused myself.

Options
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw another "This must be the place" star in Cyrodiil recently. I ran into @Abysswarrior45 outside of Nikel outpost near the rocks. I was on my warden alt doing my best to stay alive when I saw you there. I caught a flame lash or two from you and jumped up and down while blocking. Thanks for recognizing and not wiping me. You jumped up and down back and moved to another target. I moved away from the rocks to fight the blues at the door. It was cool to see you out there doing your thing and I'm very happy that thing didn't include making me ride all the way from Roe again.

It was an alt weekend for me so Talion the Mighty stayed at his home in Rivenspire while Diana Venitricis (Imperial Stam Warden) and Jonas the Adequate (Breton Mag Sorc) did their part to help the Dominion. The Warden was ok, I had trouble getting into a rhythm and mostly just played a support role. I had on Eternal Hunt and some other pieces of a second set. Since I did a lot of running away, throwing down that rune while doing so helped me out quite a bit. Shield up, roll into the zerg, frost it up, roll out. I wasn't dominating the field but I did my part of the shake and bake ("and I helped"). I tried using Iceheart but it sucks, at least for me.

The Sorc was a lot of fun. I was wearing Netches Touch and some Julianos together. Front bar was all lightning skills, destructive reach, endless fury, lightning flood, mage light, and hardened ward. I'm not used to using shields but I've seen them used effectively against me so I have a rough idea how to work them. Back bar was also lightning based but mostly buffs, more shields, rapids, and purge. I was also wearing Infernal Guardian which was way more useful than I thought it would be. I had the CP perk that grants a small damage shield when you block and having that proc Infernal Guardian was nice. I liked it because I could be defensive and still deal out some damage. I had a decent crit percentage ~65% so my lightning aoe was doing some decent damage. I also put 100 CP into staff attack damage plus a lot into siphoning so my damage came from the staff as opposed to my skills. Again, I wasn't lighting up the field but I was much more effective on this alt than I had been on others.

I also had the perfect negate during a defense at Nikel outpost. There were a good 15+ DC trying to take Nikel and around 8 or so AD on defense. We were dumping some oils and chipping away at them while they pounded down the door. Their group looked fairly coordinated and wasn't quite full on zerg size. Our crew also seemed to be organized (outside of me, zerg surfing U-S-A) and we had oils on the inner too. I had my AOE's going when the door came down and and was doing a good job of not dying instantly. I had all my buffs up, Guardian was going off, and endless fury was working pretty well on the ones that had been oil bathed on the way in. Then I saw them balling up and I realized the bomb was coming. They all jumped at once and all of their destruction ults went off and then BANG! suppression field. Every single one of their ults and bombs were stopped dead in their tracks and our team did a fantastic job of locking them down in there and bombing them back. It was amazing. I've used negate pretty well before but this time it went perfectly. It absolutely turned the tide of the battle in our favor and we wiped those blues there. I jumped off the couch and let out a "Wooo!" because I've never timed it so well before. It was great.

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend. I look forward to seeing you out there again!
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly @Ballcap I am so jelly of your wardrobe at times...

way awesome story...i've tried negate a few times, but, never really got it to work...

the wardens are a blast, they have so many useful group skills...

just been crafting my brains out...

one of the things i'm most excited about summerset is the ability to run pledge dungeons on normal solo - and take the blue jewelry that drops and then upgrade to purple or gold...

I wanna go all lightening on my mag sorc...netches' touch is one of those must have sets for a lightening build...can't wait to get the animations all working together...

all that electricity sounds like soooooo much fun...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just finished all the vlastrus quests on my AD stamblade - got like 9 boxes i think...

figured that would be a pretty safe bet not to get messed with farming boxes...

did a little fighting to help take the town a couple of times...any one though I came across outside of that that left alone...

super excited - gonna take my EP mag dk to cheydinhal...always wanted a good reason to hang out in that city and do a little fighting...

not looking to engage folks - but, cheydinhal is a neat place to fight at...

normally I don't switch so closely from alliance to alliance, however, i'm not really looking to take flags, or, any other alliance objectives (bounties aren't too bad though)...

just wanna pick up some more boxes - outside of worm cult and buoyant armiger, I've collected a whole.bunch of other motif pages...

all the crafting gold improvement items are super useful too...

really liking the apostle and hlaalu styles...
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just finished all the vlastrus quests on my AD stamblade - got like 9 boxes i think...

figured that would be a pretty safe bet not to get messed with farming boxes...

did a little fighting to help take the town a couple of times...any one though I came across outside of that that left alone...

super excited - gonna take my EP mag dk to cheydinhal...always wanted a good reason to hang out in that city and do a little fighting...

not looking to engage folks - but, cheydinhal is a neat place to fight at...

normally I don't switch so closely from alliance to alliance, however, i'm not really looking to take flags, or, any other alliance objectives (bounties aren't too bad though)...

just wanna pick up some more boxes - outside of worm cult and buoyant armiger, I've collected a whole.bunch of other motif pages...

all the crafting gold improvement items are super useful too...

really liking the apostle and hlaalu styles...

I was just questing in cheydinhal on my ad toon there was ep there questing not bothering me at all then here comes along these two assclown ad and they ended up killing the ep that was there questing ep wasn't even fighting back i told the two ad that was there at cheydinhal in vivec they was idiots for killing ep when they wasn't even attacking anybody i guess some people just don't care
    Edited by Jake1576 on April 10, 2018 6:23AM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy jake, yeah did the 10 cheydinhal no problems, everyone was being cool...they were really quick quests relatively close by...

did the 10 at chorrol/weynon priory as DC and that went smooth...didn't really like all the mount riding involved with those quests though...

one added benefit of doing the cyro dailies is those town boxes that are added in...

goodness knows I have enough pvp jewelry and armor to last a few lifetimes - but, it was nice to pick up some pvp weapons from those boxes too...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's nice having the pver's coming to join us in cyro...i was really have fun just focusing on pve stuff...

nice to run into other folks not all bloodlust crazy, ready to kill anything that moves...
    Options
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I been killing everyone in the towns till I get overrun. Easy ap killing squishy pve players. Problem is pve builds hit hard af too so in large numbers you get melted.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get a chance, go to Bruma. Bunch of repeatable quests there so there should always be action.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have to try out the Zaan set. I really should test it out before DS is released.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far this is the best/easiest to follow price check guide for giving approximate values for some of the motifs...

hmmmmmm, may need to slow down on my eagerness to read everything with my main crafting character :#

https://www.google.com/search?q=eso+motif+prices&oq=eso+motif+prices&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4543j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

i've already consumed some juicy pages...

giphy.gif
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, this is mostly for myself, so i have a place to do a quick check while playing - motifs to not immediately read:

worm cult
    buoyant armiger
    bloodforge (too late)
    apostle (want to learn style)
    akaviri
    abah's watch
    dreadhorn
    ebonshadow (too late)
    hlaalu (want to learn style)
    mazzatun
    militant ordinator
    minotaur
    morag tong
    redoran (too late)
    silken ring (too late)
    yokudan (too late)

all of the above can fetch 20k or more per page...worm cult and buoyant armiger selling for much higher...
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you check out the night stands and containers when your turning in your quests. Just found a full imperial motif at cropsford in addition to all the other motifs from the rewards $$$ :p
    Options