Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU will be brought back online in just a few moments. Testing for all NA realms is still in progress.

If this isn't good customer support I don't know what is. I mean the server broke, they're fixing it, they're telling us what's going on. What else do you need? A refund? GTFO cry babies. Do you cry this much at Pizza Hut?
    PC EU
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popper1982 wrote: »
    Don't be angry folks. They don't want the server to be down any more than you do. This is an MMO. You signed up for this.

Erm, no we didn't.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Stardark
    Stardark
    ✭✭✭
    I'm an ESO+ member, living on disability.
    So you have all day to play ESO? What's a few hours to you eh?
    Edited by Stardark on September 14, 2016 7:35PM
  • Chaos0720
    Chaos0720
    ✭✭✭
    For all you people crying about refunds for ESO+. Just so you know, your $15 covers 720 hours (30 days x 24 hours). That is about approximately a $0.02 per hour refund. I bet if you got off your computers and walked around for like 10 minutes you could find a quarter and then you'd be refunded for 12 hours of downtime.

Just throwing it out there.

Yes it's frustrating when you can't do something that you thoroughly enjoy. But demanding refunds on something that is $0.02 per hour is just sad.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tat2mano wrote: »
    Parafrost wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS I will make this simple and to the point. You need to get your act together. These down times are getting old especially for those of us who are paid subscribers and are missing out on game time with no reimbursement.

I am a paid subscriber, and I expect no reimbursement for them doing their jobs. It's not like ESO+ costs $50 a month you know...

What game costs 50 dollars a month wtf?!?

Exactly lol if you can't afford a mere $15 a month or feel this would be better spent elsewhere then simply don't sub. Besides, not ALL of sub benefits are going unused while offline (research times).

For some people that 15$ is worth 3-4 days of food.

Yeah and I can vouch for that lol oft times more in fact! However, if money is that tight they have no business subbing in the first place.

Don't be ridiculous, you can't tell people how to spend what little leisure cash they have. If I only have $15 a month spare and I choose to spend it on a game sub, that is my perogative, not yours.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • InfiniteGamer
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I starting to think that forum QQing is full time job for some people.

Out of curiosity what does "QQing" mean? Not all that caught up on internet slang.

Whining, crying. I think it's because QQ looks like teary eyes but I forget.

Ah ok, guess I need to go brush up on my slang I seem to be out of the loop
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick update - we're currently testing the PC EU megaserver, and currently plan to bring that back online first once it's ready.

Thank you and please understand, this frustration is because many of us had no warning (believe me it helps more than you might think) and this is happening again and again in prime time.

But that's all it is, frustration.

Now THIS is a sensible statement, and understandable. However, I also understand why there was NO warning.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 7:36PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.

I am.

We have 100% up time over 3 years.

If our services go down, it's possible lives could be lost.

We do it with far far less money and resources than ZOS.

If our services fail, we run multiple redundancies, and our server load is likely as heavy as any MMO.

*very very slow clap*

Again, this is happening over, and over, and over again. Not every now and then, not once in a while. Over and over again.

Last I checked, barring RECENT downtime, it IS every now and then or once in awhile. Also it sounds like what you do is NOT entertainment-related so big difference right there.

Frankly, until you work with Zenimax you cannot possibly comprehend what they do or go through, no matter how good at your tech profession you are. That is why I and others understand what they must do. The question is, why don't YOU? Oh right, because it's easier to be a hater I suppose.

Do you work with Zenimax? Cuz I just checked your profile. Since June 2015, you've posted over 8000 times in the forums. That's about 16 posts per day. It appears as if devoutly defending ZOS in the forums is your full-time job. Do you actually play this game or just skulk around the forums all day, every day?

Honestly, I've seen your posts in this thread and your defense of ZOS is dangerously close to zealous and irrational. It's justifiable and understandable to be unhappy about the server going down with no warning. Saying nobody has the right to be upset because of all the things we *don't* know is not a valid argument.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    PC EU is back online! Thanks so much for your patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only nice thing about the server being down is I don't have to worry about DC zergs capping everything in sight on Azura.....Knowing my luck though, they probably already had them all....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @autumnsongbird In fairness, you are missing one major element. You worked in Enterprise, which invariably = contract clauses, heavy loss of money and potentially being sued.

This is End User, good old consumer. We get nothing unless we bring together a class suit, which quite frankly, noone on here could actually do or pay for. :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lot of perverted screenshots.. And many of botting activities back when that was a major problem. Also, one of the screens I wanted to show doesnt agree with imagur's uploading. RIP that one.

JGZApIQ.png

ZQWizDX.png

NG1J4U4.png
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • stomas1
    stomas1
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I find it ironic and slightly sad that people complaining about people complaining often make more rant posts on these sorts of threads than the people complaining. If anyone needs to go find something else to do for a few hours... just saying...

had one free hour to play n puff guess what no playtime for this week, gg 4 me
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Popper1982 wrote: »
    Don't be angry folks. They don't want the server to be down any more than you do. This is an MMO. You signed up for this.

Erm, no we didn't.

By accepting the Terms of Service you did.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Up :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    No exact time for completion, but expect it to be at least a couple hours. Sorry, guys. We're going to try and get you back in as soon as possible.

You know I'm getting more entertained by reading the posts on this site then I am on ESO. At least I'm getting something back.

Thanks.

Zenimax should be ashamed by this fact

No, the haters should. Frankly, it's quite embarrassing... I mean it's a GAME for Akatosh's sake! Seriously would you rage at Hasbro if you ran out of hotels on Monopoly and they refused to give you more and deny you recompense for not doing it?

Mate, I have worked in a hospital as a young man in an A&E (ER) department, I've been on a battlefield as a grown man and I've worked with disabled people charities.

Complaining at a company who you give money to and has offered you services below that which you think is a fair level does not suddenly mean people have no concept of relevance.

It is perfectly natural for someone to make a complaint and does not mean people have lost all sense of perspective.
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    If the small losses don't bother ME, why do they bother all of YOU?
    Why does it bother you that it bothers other people? This bugged the heck out of me during the NMS debacle, too -- people who liked the game or weren't annoyed seemed to feel that nobody else was allowed to be annoyed either. If you're fine with the status quo then more power to you, but that doesn't mean we all have to take it lying down.

• DARKNESSCHAINED

You're the real MVP.
    Edited by DARKNESSCHAINED on September 14, 2016 7:38PM
    The truth is always a threat to evil men.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.

I am.

We have 100% up time over 3 years.

If our services go down, it's possible lives could be lost.

We do it with far far less money and resources than ZOS.

If our services fail, we run multiple redundancies, and our server load is likely as heavy as any MMO.

*very very slow clap*

Again, this is happening over, and over, and over again. Not every now and then, not once in a while. Over and over again.

Last I checked, barring RECENT downtime, it IS every now and then or once in awhile. Also it sounds like what you do is NOT entertainment-related so big difference right there.

Frankly, until you work with Zenimax you cannot possibly comprehend what they do or go through, no matter how good at your tech profession you are. That is why I and others understand what they must do. The question is, why don't YOU? Oh right, because it's easier to be a hater I suppose.

Do you work with Zenimax? Cuz I just checked your profile. Since June 2015, you've posted over 8000 times in the forums. That's about 16 posts per day. It appears as if devoutly defending ZOS in the forums is your full-time job. Do you actually play this game or just skulk around the forums all day, every day?

Honestly, I've seen your posts in this thread and your defense of ZOS is dangerously close to zealous and irrational. It's justifiable and understandable to be unhappy about the server going down with no warning. Saying nobody has the right to be upset because of all the things we *don't* know is not a valid argument.

This.

XBox NA
  • Rebornlogic
    Rebornlogic
    ✭✭
    Do their jobs, THEN you can judge.

I do. Literally.

Our server load is likely has high as ESO.

Our resources are much lower and our uptime is 100% over the last three years.

ZOS likely don't even own their own data centers.

what server is this?
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frabz-So-the-server-is-up-i-wonder-for-how-long-7ed18e.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dotlife wrote: »
    I gotta say that I personally dont belive they are going to really truely fix it. This will remain unstable and the upcomming 'fix' will just plove the way for yet another soon to come fix. It seems like its spinning out of control. I am glad I dont have any money invested.

You honestly think they cannot fix a rollback issue? I can't even properly respond to that because it's beyond illogical. They run this game for a living, of course they can fix the issue. After all, not being able to would mean the game's literal demise.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 7:38PM
  • Geralt_of_Aalst
    PC EU online
    I may contradict myself but at least I don't contradict myself
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU will be brought back online in just a few moments. Testing for all NA realms is still in progress.

If this isn't good customer support I don't know what is. I mean the server broke, they're fixing it, they're telling us what's going on. What else do you need? A refund? GTFO cry babies. Do you cry this much at Pizza Hut?

well, for example they could tell us what has caused the crashes!
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked in software and system testing in two large companies (one national and one multinational) and we implemented countless projects, updates, patches, etc. Every project we did utilized the network team in some capacity, some of them more prominently than others. And it was a rare occurrence to have the amount of issues ZOS has on such a regular basis. If we had half the problems ZOS has with any of our online systems that dealt with the customer base we would have lost countless customers and lost untold millions (likely in double to triple digit millions) in losing those accounts. Therefore this level of incompetency would have never been tolerated. But because this is a gaming company that has zero concern about losing customers because of their prepaid monthly subscription, this sort of thing happens far more frequently than it ever should.

I don't care how people justify or excuse it. Because their customer base is largely kids and young adults, they get away with murder. The companies I worked for would have fired people for such incompetency or would have bit the bullet and upgraded systems as needed if they were failing that consistently. We're just one big paying beta group to them. Prepaid in many cases with the multimonth subs. In pretty much every other business model the kind of downtime we have seen would cause a huge loss in consumer faith, in consumer loyalty and in business revenue. It would possibly even leave the company in dire straight.

Think I'm exaggerating? What if went to amazon, netflix, or whatever other business you might frequent were offline as much as we are down with 'maintenance' here? Well on those two the stocks would likely begin to take serious hits and you'd begin to see a slow and steady mass exodus of consumers. Here? Because the demographic is teens and young adult oriented? They get away with murder.

TOTALLY agree, I've said it before and you've said it here it's shocking what computer game companies get away with, in comparison to other networking teams.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    ZOS I will make this simple and to the point. You need to get your act together. These down times are getting old especially for those of us who are paid subscribers and are missing out on game time with no reimbursement.

I am a paid subscriber, and I expect no reimbursement for them doing their jobs. It's not like ESO+ costs $50 a month you know...

Exactly lol if you can't afford a mere $15 a month or feel this would be better spent elsewhere then simply don't sub. Besides, not ALL of sub benefits are going unused while offline (research times).

Yeah and I can vouch for that lol oft times more in fact! However, if money is that tight they have no business subbing in the first place.

Don't be ridiculous, you can't tell people how to spend what little leisure cash they have. If I only have $15 a month spare and I choose to spend it on a game sub, that is my perogative, not yours.

Come on now. He already said if he isnt upset, why would anyone else be. So he obviously knows we are exactly the same. And we all like and dislike the same things. so if it is a good idea for him, it is a good idea for everyone. Duh.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    server-down_zpsfj1rdano.jpg
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think that it is each individual's right to decide whether they sub or not......

If money is tight and believe me I know that one really well, then I think the decision depends on who will be impacted by the allocation of money to the subscription.

It is not anyone's right to tell that person how to manage their finances. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ElBiggus wrote: »

But if they were doing their job it would not be malfunctioning.

Imagine I ran a train company, and three or four times a week I took all my trains off the track (sometimes during peak commuter time), throw any passengers out wherever the trains happen to be, mumble that I don't know how long it'll take, and then do a rubbish repair job so that they'll all just break down in another day or so and I'll have to do it again. Would you say I was doing my job? No. My job is to run trains, and if you were a passenger you'd be entitled to complain.

For some reason there's a percentage of gamers who will vehemently defend business practices that in any other field would put you out of business really quickly: failing to deliver on promises, selling products that don't work properly, providing terrible customer service, and a whole host of other failings are apparently something we have to put up with, and I don't see why. If you're not annoyed then great, good for you, but don't you dare tell me I'm not allowed to be annoyed and that this kind of service is not only acceptable, but is in some way how it's supposed to be.

You people saying they aren't doing their job because of malfunctions seriously need to get a clue. EVERYTHING IN LIFE BREAKS DOWN AT SOME POINT! Doing your job means fixing it. Not doing your job means leaving it broken. If your car breaks down and you take it to a repair shop and they fix it they did their job. If they didn't fix it then it either died completely or they didn't do their job. How would you feel if they told you if you did YOUR job it would not have broken down in the first place?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

wow!! that was fast!!

thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.