Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do their jobs, THEN you can judge.

I do. Literally.

Our server load is likely has high as ESO.

Our resources are much lower and our uptime is 100% over the last three years.

ZOS likely don't even own their own data centers.
  • ajback_ESO
    ajback_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I starting to think that forum QQing is full time job for some people.

Out of curiosity what does "QQing" mean? Not all that caught up on internet slang.

QQ is to resemble eyes with teardrops forming; QQing means to cry.
    Certifications:
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security +
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA
    Microsoft MTA
    Microsoft MCSA

Dual ASUS 27" VE278H Monitors
    Razer H-440 Case (Whats Inside?)
    GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
    i7-6800 CPU
    MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
    Corsair H115i Cooling System
    Corsair CS750M Power Supply

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    Razer Leviathan
    Razer Firefly
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.

I am.

We have 100% up time over 3 years.

If our services go down, it's possible lives could be lost.

We do it with far far less money and resources than ZOS.

If our services fail, we run multiple redundancies, and our server load is likely as heavy as any MMO.

*very very slow clap*

Again, this is happening over, and over, and over again. Not every now and then, not once in a while. Over and over again.

Last I checked, barring RECENT downtime, it IS every now and then or once in awhile. Also it sounds like what you do is NOT entertainment-related so big difference right there.

Frankly, until you work with Zenimax you cannot possibly comprehend what they do or go through, no matter how good at your tech profession you are. That is why I and others understand what they must do. The question is, why don't YOU? Oh right, because it's easier to be a hater I suppose.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • ladywillow15
    ladywillow15
    ✭✭

Out of curiosity what does "QQing" mean? Not all that caught up on internet slang.

It started out way back on Warcraft II, butthurt babies would rage quit, and back then you could pres ALT+Q+Q to immediately quit the match and game. People ended up telling whiny babies to "QQ or get better" etc.

Now-a-days you usually see it as an emoticon for crying eyes.

But in this context it's just code for nerd rage, basically.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Update: All NA servers are currently being tested internally. PC EU testing is ongoing.
    thank's for the update but still no approx. ETA,
    am wondering why I did the 180 day eso might of been a bad move on my part :(

Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to freak out an push the Spock button .

NZQhi.gif

I didnt even know there was a spock button. :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    PC EU will be brought back online in just a few moments. Testing for all NA realms is still in progress.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • stomas1
    stomas1
    Ive heard that fallout mmo is commin, if zos makin it then im not buying, zos should learn from blizzard customer support, they have way more players across battlenet n still manage to apologize for inconvenience, sorry ZoS but u r far behind
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Nysara wrote: »
    the-elder-maintenance.jpg

That would make this the EMO game, right?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sophieous wrote: »
    You need to compensate or refund eso+ members this is disgusting and ridiculous. Every company, gaming or not.

And i'm not even eso+. No way im buying it if you carry on like this

No they don't, because it's such a small loss it doesn't even matter. Why don't people get that? And I'm an ESO+ member, living on disability. If the small losses don't bother ME, why do they bother all of YOU?
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU will be brought back online in just a few moments. Testing for all NA realms is still in progress.

TY for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭

lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    No exact time for completion, but expect it to be at least a couple hours. Sorry, guys. We're going to try and get you back in as soon as possible.

You know I'm getting more entertained by reading the posts on this site then I am on ESO. At least I'm getting something back.

Thanks.

Zenimax should be ashamed by this fact

No, the haters should. Frankly, it's quite embarrassing... I mean it's a GAME for Akatosh's sake! Seriously would you rage at Hasbro if you ran out of hotels on Monopoly and they refused to give you more and deny you recompense for not doing it?
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 7:32PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming they are doing a rollback for an exploit that they haven't mentioned... Why else would that be required???

Let's hope it isn't too far back, as to lose all our progress - especially since ZoS NEVER WARNS US IN GAME LIKE EVERY GOOD MMO DOES!!!!! At least alter the ESO Launcher - so that it can display things that are important... Having to always keep forums open for any info is ricockulous for a profiting company.
    They're not doing a rollback on purpose. The maintenance is to limit the extent of a rollback caused by server issues that happened earlier today.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're trying to get you on the PTS.
    PC EU
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭
    We are hot in the starting block

giphy.gif
    Edited by Eldorhaan on September 14, 2016 7:31PM
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭

lol might as well be called EMO since the game is act like one sometimes xD
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it ironic and slightly sad that people complaining about people complaining often make more rant posts on these sorts of threads than the people complaining. If anyone needs to go find something else to do for a few hours... just saying...
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajback_ESO wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.

You know what? Other games, GW2 and Warframe seem to manage it. You know what else? Companies with far less resources running far more critical services manage to do it.

IF this was once or twice you wouldn't (and in fact haven't) of heard a peep from me, but this is now becoming a constant feature.

Needing to bring down services over and over again because of problem after problem with no warning AND no real information to the customer about why this keeps happening is not doing your job.

I agree, I think you should become a network manager or systems admin and go to work for them! Show these professionals how its done! Mr. End User.

I am.

We have 100% up time over 3 years.

If our services go down, it's possible lives could be lost.

We do it with far far less money and resources than ZOS.

If our services fail, we run multiple redundancies, and our server load is likely as heavy as any MMO.

*very very slow clap*

Again, this is happening over, and over, and over again. Not every now and then, not once in a while. Over and over again.

Last I checked, barring RECENT downtime, it IS every now and then or once in awhile. Also it sounds like what you do is NOT entertainment-related so big difference right there.

Frankly, until you work with Zenimax you cannot possibly comprehend what they do or go through, no matter how good at your tech profession you are. That is why I and others understand what they must do. The question is, why don't YOU? Oh right, because it's easier to be a hater I suppose.

*eye roll* I give up.

Constant downtime is normal.
    No in game warning is normal.
    No compensation is normal, I MEAN if they don't loose anything why would they do better right? That would make too much sense, right?
  • davejschraderb14_ESO

Crying, Complaining, Whining, Raging, (Signs of Addiction) lol Who knows

QQ is like an emote/emoticon using text - since the Q's look similar to eyes tearing/crying.
    Mahogany Johnson - Breton Templar
    Pure Skooma Puma - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade
    Samæl Aun Weor - Imperial Dragonknight T3 Tank
    Ignus ex Draconis - Argonian Templar Healer
    Helios Orcus - Dunmer Dragonknight Yoloknight
    James Tiger’ius Kirk - Khajiit Magika Nightblade
    S A M Æ L – Imperial Stamina Sorcerer
    Tristane Copperfield - Breton Sorcerer
    Paul Usul Muad'Dib - Breton Nightblade Healer
    Rig Heimdall – Nord Dragonknight Tank
    Dracarus Fireborne - Argonian Templar
    Seraphine Hellfire - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Snarklefartz – Breton Sorcerer
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For $64,000,000 what caused all this? It's not often ALL megaservers go down... with no notice... and rollbacks?

Di ya'll get hacked?
  • davejschraderb14_ESO
    I'm assuming they are doing a rollback for an exploit that they haven't mentioned... Why else would that be required???

Let's hope it isn't too far back, as to lose all our progress - especially since ZoS NEVER WARNS US IN GAME LIKE EVERY GOOD MMO DOES!!!!! At least alter the ESO Launcher - so that it can display things that are important... Having to always keep forums open for any info is ricockulous for a profiting company.
    They're not doing a rollback on purpose. The maintenance is to limit the extent of a rollback caused by server issues that happened earlier today.

TY that is good to hear
    Mahogany Johnson - Breton Templar
    Pure Skooma Puma - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade
    Samæl Aun Weor - Imperial Dragonknight T3 Tank
    Ignus ex Draconis - Argonian Templar Healer
    Helios Orcus - Dunmer Dragonknight Yoloknight
    James Tiger’ius Kirk - Khajiit Magika Nightblade
    S A M Æ L – Imperial Stamina Sorcerer
    Tristane Copperfield - Breton Sorcerer
    Paul Usul Muad'Dib - Breton Nightblade Healer
    Rig Heimdall – Nord Dragonknight Tank
    Dracarus Fireborne - Argonian Templar
    Seraphine Hellfire - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Snarklefartz – Breton Sorcerer
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    time to go and buy the new world of warcraft expansion

I'd rather nail my b4lls to the road then go for a sprint....
    Edited by Bam_Bam on September 14, 2016 7:33PM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're trying to get you on the PTS.
    The PTS isn't working properly either. It's ostensibly "online", but logins don't work.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    Eldorhaan wrote: »
    We are hot in the starting block

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KyMNDJE6o
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I worked in software and system testing in two large companies (one national and one multinational) and we implemented countless projects, updates, patches, etc. Every project we did utilized the network team in some capacity, some of them more prominently than others. And it was a rare occurrence to have the amount of issues ZOS has on such a regular basis. If we had half the problems ZOS has with any of our online systems that dealt with the customer base we would have lost countless customers and lost untold millions (likely in double to triple digit millions) in losing those accounts. Therefore this level of incompetency would have never been tolerated. But because this is a gaming company that has zero concern about losing customers because of their prepaid monthly subscription, this sort of thing happens far more frequently than it ever should.

I don't care how people justify or excuse it. Because their customer base is largely kids and young adults, they get away with murder. The companies I worked for would have fired people for such incompetency or would have bit the bullet and upgraded systems as needed if they were failing that consistently. We're just one big paying beta group to them. Prepaid in many cases with the multimonth subs. In pretty much every other business model the kind of downtime we have seen would cause a huge loss in consumer faith, in consumer loyalty and in business revenue. It would possibly even leave the company in dire straight.

Think I'm exaggerating? What if you went to amazon, netflix, or whatever other business you might frequent and they were offline as much as we are down with 'maintenance' here? Well on those two the stocks would likely begin to take serious hits and you'd begin to see a slow and steady mass exodus of consumers. Here? Because the demographic is teens and young adult oriented? They get away with murder.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on September 14, 2016 7:39PM
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dang
  • ObsidianKaesken
    Iselin wrote: »

For $64,000,000 what caused all this? It's not often ALL megaservers go down... with no notice... and rollbacks?

Di ya'll get hacked?

I would answer whatever you wanted me to in great depth and detail if you were to actually send that amount of cash to me.
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭

Right? I keep seeing people reference a rollback that they apparently think the devs are doing to fix some unnamed problem.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tat2mano wrote: »
    Parafrost wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »
    ZOS I will make this simple and to the point. You need to get your act together. These down times are getting old especially for those of us who are paid subscribers and are missing out on game time with no reimbursement.

I am a paid subscriber, and I expect no reimbursement for them doing their jobs. It's not like ESO+ costs $50 a month you know...

What game costs 50 dollars a month wtf?!?

Exactly lol if you can't afford a mere $15 a month or feel this would be better spent elsewhere then simply don't sub. Besides, not ALL of sub benefits are going unused while offline (research times).

For some people that 15$ is worth 3-4 days of food.

Yeah and I can vouch for that lol oft times more in fact! However, if money is that tight they have no business subbing in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.