Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So they did it, they screwed up crafting material collecting

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    So pretty much the only reason left to level crafting has been eliminated.
    Dropped sets afte cp 160 are much better than crafted sets, and can be put in jewelry slots. There might be 1 or 2 exceptions that are worth crafting but not worth 6 months of researh.

The only reason to craft gear was for leveling because getting 5 pieces of the same dropped set was impossible. But now you won't have mats to craft with.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.. with all the new sets coming out (most BOE) about 90% of the crafting sets will be obsolete.... thus having a max level crafter is no big deal.

It will still be worth while to have a max crafter. Most of that gear will probably be blue, and if you want to upgrade it, it will be cheaper to have a max skilled crafter.

Ahh yeah true.. I actually forgot about being able to upgrade the gear via my max level crafter :).
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have this annoying issue getting on the PTS. Can't get past an informational message about the server.

Anyway, people are reporting that you see what your mat or battle level is. One says wood seems to be a mix, but nothing else. If this is 50/50, it would not be as big an issue. Hopefully, they intend, but patch notes and some peoples exp seems to say otherwise.

I still think it should be any mat for any level, just need more of them. I really don't want to wear Ruby stuff anymore, it does not take dyes all that well.

@Nestor

Are you trying to say THE HIGHER OF your battle or mat level?
    Are you trying to say depending on type of material, some always scale to battle level and others always scale to your skill?

I know you are trying to say something simple, but i undersatand the following:
    currently in live, they scale to you battle level OR skill - 50% of each per node.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We've know this was going to be the change for a few months now, it's why those of us crafters who cared to have been harvesting lowbie mats... That being said, I agree that mats should have stayed zone specific.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    @STEVIL

Its not 50/50 anymore. From the PTS Patch Notes

All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.

@Nestor

That doesnt ssy anthing about the 50/50.

So what is the division then if i am lvl 50 and cp160 and have nothing in blacksmith what ores will i see? It used to be 50% would be iron (skill) and 50% rubedite (combat level)

It was stated at Pax yesterday and again today that it will be 50/50 when your out harvesting. 50% of the nodes will be random and 50% will be your level
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So for those without orsinium, will the highest writs for us still requiere void materials despite there will be no possible way to farm it anymore?

Yes absoluetly but ... no

"craglorn" highest writs will be cp150 tier mats since craglorn is scaling up to well scale like anything else.

I asked this specific question on twitch to the devs in the oneT forum at paz west for someone else on the forum. They were clear the craglorn writ cp140 limit was gone and now they did top tier mats.

On another note:

I know some folks still want to have mats locked to zones. That would mean some zones would basically have lower mats for everybody regardless of level. MOSTLY crafter who want to craft for others and harvest mats they can use/sell whatever but hey

But think about all the massive other folks.

SETS are spread out now. you want Sun Silk? ONLY IN STONEFALLS.
    So how would that suck for you if STONEFALLS was your CP10-13 "mat zone"? Spend all the time there running thru quests and dailies and so forth and every node you encounter gives you what is now the most useless level mats in existence.

The new world design has everywhere with its own gains, its own special qualities but for the meat and potatoes - they are all equal so whichever you choose doesn't hurt you.

Nodes scaling everywhere, anywhere to something useful/usable is a must for that broad a world design.
    For a world where dailies send you ANYWHERE, where SURVEYS send you ANYWHERE, where sets are divided up around the world and within zones into dungeons vs delves vs overlad vs main quests - having zone-locked mats is just SKEWED.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assumed they would screw crafters as soon as I read their idiotic nonsense - ZOS have no idea about their own economy... simpler to get over it than to expect them to get a clue.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allow higher tier mats to be used for lower level gear, adjusted and set in at the time of the craft so the gear is locked to the appropriate level. And adjust the conversion of required mats appropriately.

Let me use some ancestor silk to whip together a lvl 20 cloth set.
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    In Craglorn with a lev 50 character, but only 1/10 skill points in the crafting skills - mixed nodes - Iron/Rubedite, Maple/Ruby Ash, Jute/Ancestor Silk. I'd say 50/50 sounds quite correct.

In Stonefalls with a lev 50 (EP) character, and 10/10 in the crafting skills - Rubedite, Ruby Ash, Ancestor Silk.

Unless you have some pathological need for low level crafting mats long after you've reached your max skill, and you do not want to buy them off other players (encouraging the economy while doing so, mind you), I don't see why you would whine about this change. (And no, I do not buy the "need equipment for alts" argument. Material cost is so limited for these, so you undoubtedly already have mats for that.)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You know what this will do though? With supply of Ruby mats going up, the prices are going to drop just like they did for the Void mats. This makes me very, very happy.

doesn't it also mean that lower lvl mats will skyrocket in price?
    Edited by JJBoomer on September 3, 2016 10:50PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nestor

So what is the division then if i am lvl 50 and cp160 and have nothing in blacksmith what ores will i see? It used to be 50% would be iron (skill) and 50% rubedite (combat level)

Pretty sure it will remain exactly the same (but don't quote me on that).

There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it makes no sense and is frustrating that a crafter cannot collect all the materials for his craft when he's max rank. He in fact will never be able to find them again. They no longer exist for him. Sure, we will find a lot more ruby now but is there nowhere in the world we can go to collect iron, orichalcum, cotton, ebony, kreshweed etc.? The answer is no, there is no longer anywhere to go to collect them. They are forever gone for you unless you level a new character and keep him at that specific battle or crafting level.

It's not a well thought out system and it's obvious.

And I know the old vet materials like kreshweed will almost never be used with the new cp system, but what about the 1-49 materials? My guess is we will be able to comfortably ignore them since we scale to all content, and that alone I don't like. We can probably use iron, jute and that newbie leather right up till 50, and crafting will be wholly unnecessary until cp160.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and even though some disagree, I do want zone-specific materials. Just like sets are becoming zone specific, materials should become zone specific. You can't go to any zone and farm the set you want, you have to go to the correct one. Same should be for crafting materials. You want Ebony? Go to Coldharbour. Iron? Go to the newbie islands or the starter zones like Glenumbra. Want cp materials up to 150? Your alliance's silver and gold zones are your destination. Rubedite? Cyrodiil, Orsinium, dungeons for items to deconstruct.

And guess what? That's the system we have now. How about that! Who'd have thought what we have now is ideal? Other than most of us already playing.
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip for everyone who needs to craft for an low level alt:
    1. Take your low level char and steal armor/weapons of the type you want to craft
    2. Launder the stolen gear for low gold costs
    3. Deconstruct it and get the normal amount of materials

A good spot is the area around the way shrine in eldenroot and the fighters guild in elden root. It will take less than 10 mins to get enough mats for crafting a full set.

This will work as long as you craft for yourself. If you craft for anyone else he/she has to use this method to collect the materials.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and even though some disagree, I do want zone-specific materials. Just like sets are becoming zone specific, materials should become zone specific. You can't go to any zone and farm the set you want, you have to go to the correct one. Same should be for crafting materials. You want Ebony? Go to Coldharbour. Iron? Go to the newbie islands or the starter zones like Glenumbra. Want cp materials up to 150? Your alliance's silver and gold zones are your destination. Rubedite? Cyrodiil, Orsinium, dungeons for items to deconstruct.

And guess what? That's the system we have now. How about that! Who'd have thought what we have now is ideal? Other than most of us already playing.

Yeah, I understand. I also like the current system, but I don't see the change as something very horrible .p Still, maybe you should post on the PTS feedback threads?

Ask how they reasoned around the fact that a high level crafter max-skilled crafter will not be able to harvest any lower level materials in the world. Even though I see this as a minor concern, it is still legit. Best case, you get a reply? :)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Craglorn with a lev 50 character, but only 1/10 skill points in the crafting skills - mixed nodes - Iron/Rubedite, Maple/Ruby Ash, Jute/Ancestor Silk. I'd say 50/50 sounds quite correct.

In Stonefalls with a lev 50 (EP) character, and 10/10 in the crafting skills - Rubedite, Ruby Ash, Ancestor Silk.

Unless you have some pathological need for low level crafting mats long after you've reached your max skill, and you do not want to buy them off other players (encouraging the economy while doing so, mind you), I don't see why you would whine about this change. (And no, I do not buy the "need equipment for alts" argument. Material cost is so limited for these, so you undoubtedly already have mats for that.)

Thanks for the eyes on info.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Pretty sure it will remain exactly the same (but don't quote me on that).

There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it makes no sense and is frustrating that a crafter cannot collect all the materials for his craft when he's max rank. He in fact will never be able to find them again. They no longer exist for him. Sure, we will find a lot more ruby now but is there nowhere in the world we can go to collect iron, orichalcum, cotton, ebony, kreshweed etc.? The answer is no, there is no longer anywhere to go to collect them. They are forever gone for you unless you level a new character and keep him at that specific battle or crafting level.

It's not a well thought out system and it's obvious.

And I know the old vet materials like kreshweed will almost never be used with the new cp system, but what about the 1-49 materials? My guess is we will be able to comfortably ignore them since we scale to all content, and that alone I don't like. We can probably use iron, jute and that newbie leather right up till 50, and crafting will be wholly unnecessary until cp160.

First, all your non-crsfters and all non-crsfters in the world will harvest iron all day. Your ONE charscter may not be able to harvest it, but plenty will be flowing into the economy.

Also, writs that dont give you surveys eill have 25 packs of lower tier.

So the whole never ever thing is a bit overblown

From a whole game perspective, with making every zone appealing, trying for equally appealing, the idea of l8cking zone mats is deleterious.

The main difference is this for economy - everyone will harvest gear relevent to their character. If 3/4 of the character in play are cp120 then that will automatically drive the flow of materials towards that balance as well. Shortages and surpluses will be less frequent and less severe since the inflow will sync up with the demand.

Anybody not seeing that as reasonable... well there are always folks wanting to profit off others needs.

For craft-for-pay types, more customers will "have the mats" and not need to buy them off you. Maybe bad forbyou but good for game.

THAT SAID i would like to see lower limit on material-gear-level removed, helps fit the new tamriel order imo.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so nothing much to report except

I finally got the PTS server to load and spent a couple hours there this morning.
    Ran in first zone within my own faction and first zone in another faction.
    Ran a master equipment crafter and a master consumables crafter both cp tops.
    Ran thru woods and such killong mobs and varmints alike and harvesting.
    ran thru delves.
    hit general world bosses - or rather they hit me.
    gathered at least one regular chest each.

What i found
    the scaling for most is just like it was in orsinium and other cp160 zones and at the same level as the forces in the "gold" zones for the mobs, delves and general content.
    the generic world bosses - like the bear in west shore of glenumbra - no longer as easy as it was even when scal3ed to vet in gold zones. to be clear, i could normally solo this bear in gold zones... now nope.... it was set to group level stats as far as i can tell. Not saying with proper care and prep it couldn't be soloed... but it has definitely scaled way up.

HARVESTING & gathering
    Whether its nodes or scrap drops from bears and wolves - it works like it does in scaled zones now. You either get your combat or your crafter skill and it varies node to node drop to drop. My equipment guy got all max tier mats and scraps. my consumable guy got the ore and wood and cloth and hides divided between cp150 stuff and level 1 stuff - ruby ash/maple, rubedite/iron.
    Delve bosses did not get the uptick world bosses got.
    I did get a ring, a staff and a shoulder of sets just from the stuff i wad doing. The ring may have been from one of the delve bosses?

WRITS
    Could start wits any zone - both my original and others.
    turn ins were like now - all went to orsinium bc these were master. gonna get different ones and see where they turn in.
    of three equipment writs - one did a survey (Glenumbra iirc) and the other two had packs of stuff (25 steel and 25 kresh) that was definitely randomly scaled.

DID NOT TRY
    Dungeons, dueling, questlines, daily delves or world bosses.
    DID not do weapon ults.
    i looked to find mage and fighter questlines, dailies but did not see where they were available.

Anyway, a lot of the questions for me about how it is working have been answered.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh and the display showing how equipping a piecer world change your stats is great!!!

HOWEVER what we really need is to be able to see it on a set level (select 5pcs of gear and see net effect) so we can "examine" BOE without wearing BOE.

or maybe, BOE should have a 5 minute out of combat timer before it BINDS.

or make it BOC - BIND ON COMBAT. use it in a fight, you bought it. (You know, the Pottery Brawl Rule)

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Maybe your home faction will still be the 1-50 mats, with the other two factions scaling off your current level?

Not that I noticed.

I took my maxed out Ebonheart Pact crafter to Stonefalls. I should be finding iron/jute/maple there. I picked up a nice haul of rubedite, ancestor silk, and ruby ash.

I've leveled crafting on most of my characters. I'm never going to see iron/jute/low level stuff with any of them. Not so much of a problem for my characters.

However, I'm one of the crafters for my guilds. Three of the five are really new player friendly. I make a LOT of low level stuff. A lot of the new players can't find their own mats. A lot of the new players don't want to spend playing time gathering their own mats. This is going to make crafting problematic at best.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of crafting is that crafted items have to be the best in the game.

The minute drops are better than crafted items, then crafting is about dead.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole One-tamriel update is just cancer....
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets asume that I create a new character and want to level up fast. Then I whant to use training gear, but since my maincrafter is at max level he can´t achieve those mats needed to craft lets say a level 10 set training gear. That´s an issue. And I wouldn´t have a problem buying stuff from other players (even tho i prefer gathering mats on my own), but be honest, how many "new/lowlevel" players will realise that their lowlevel mats are worth a lot of money and sell it?? Not many I can tell you. ZOS should just leave the crafting system as it is and remove battle leveling from zones (except those who already have it). And yes, the crossfaction thing shall not be implmented in my opionion cause that´s just shittier at its finest
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    I see no problem with harvest nodes scaling, for two reasons.

1) New players to the game has a way to make funds outside of looting dead bodies. Low mats will be worth gold again, also if u want low level materials, find a low level to farm for u.

2) The main FREAKIN awesome bodacious number one reason, harvest nodes scale to your level. Yellow mats will decrease in price, and u wont need a dlc to farm max level nodes. That is awesome!!!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new system is great just decon gear as you level your alts and craft at the end of each tier.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Lets asume that I create a new character and want to level up fast. Then I whant to use training gear, but since my maincrafter is at max level he can´t achieve those mats needed to craft lets say a level 10 set training gear. That´s an issue. And I wouldn´t have a problem buying stuff from other players (even tho i prefer gathering mats on my own), but be honest, how many "new/lowlevel" players will realise that their lowlevel mats are worth a lot of money and sell it?? Not many I can tell you. ZOS should just leave the crafting system as it is and remove battle leveling from zones (except those who already have it). And yes, the crossfaction thing shall not be implmented in my opionion cause that´s just shittier at its finest

Every non crafter max level charscter is going to hit nodes with basically a 50/50 of rubedite or iron, jute or ancestor silk and the bears harpies trolls will drop rawhide or ruby scraps.

There wont be a problem getting those.

Also, same applies for non crafters at lower levels.

Top tier folks runing writs get 25 random level mat every time thry dont get a survey.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »

1) New players to the game has a way to make funds outside of looting dead bodies. Low mats will be worth gold again, also if u want low level materials, find a low level to farm for u.

2) The main FREAKIN awesome bodacious number one reason, harvest nodes scale to your level. Yellow mats will decrease in price, and u wont need a dlc to farm max level nodes. That is awesome!!!

I don´t want to rely on lowlevel players to get the gear I want. I want 100% control of that.

Yeah and players will get goldgear superfast compared to those who have played for a while......just great. Superb balance zos....
    Edited by Qbiken on September 4, 2016 4:30PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every non crafter max level charscter is going to hit nodes with basically a 50/50 of rubedite or iron, jute or ancestor silk and the bears harpies trolls will drop rawhide or ruby scraps.

Top tier folks runing writs get 25 random level mat every time thry dont get a survey.

So relying on RNG to get the mats i want if doing serveys....rng isn´t that appriciated by eso-players is my experience
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »

I don´t want to rely on lowlevel players to get the gear I want. I want 100% control of that.

Yeah and players will get goldgear superfast compared to those who have played for a while......just great. Superb balance zos....

If u want the game to be active, then it has to be fair. U dont have to like it, but I like the path that eso is going. This update is truly a grew business approach toward making the game more user friendly.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭

So relying on RNG to get the mats i want if doing serveys....rng isn´t that appriciated by eso-players is my experience

I like RNG, you never know what u will get. Its kind of like Christmas everytime I play eso. If I got everything at one time, then this game wouldn't be fun to me.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank heaven for crafting bag.
    Iron ingots for sale 20K each. lol
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank heaven for crafting bag.
    Iron ingots for sale 20K each. lol

Iron is an exception though. All non-blacksmiths will be finding iron.