Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So they did it, they screwed up crafting material collecting

• SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low level crafted gear for training, only reason, now much harder to make as scarcity of mats.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Low level crafted gear for training, only reason, now much harder to make as scarcity of mats.

not surer what low level means to you but iron jute maple drops for every single non-equip-crafter in the game. Except for my one equip crafter and one clothier crafter every one of my 10 other characters grabs jute-maple-iron on the fly and that gives crafted sets for use from lvl-3 thru lvl 26ish (crafting at 4 and then 24 on a typical run but less now that there are so many drops.)

usually by the time a char finishes from 15-24, they have harvested enough of the second tier mats to meet any crafting needs at 24. etc etc etc.

Not sure where you are seeing scarcity - tripping over them and drowning in decondrops in casual play.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."