Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So they did it, they screwed up crafting material collecting

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can find lower level mats anytime I want. If I am on my crafter I respect to the the level I want if I am on the toon I gather mats for that level 50 percent will be at my level takes me about 20 minutes to get enough for a five piece crafted set. You guys make me laugh... and sad at the same time. Strap on the tin foil hats I just literally made level 4 armor level 18 and level 28 and level 38 armor this exact way for two people last weekend.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DHale wrote: »
    I can find lower level mats anytime I want. If I am on my crafter I respect to the the level I want if I am on the toon I gather mats for that level 50 percent will be at my level takes me about 20 minutes to get enough for a five piece crafted set. You guys make me laugh... and sad at the same time. Strap on the tin foil hats I just literally made level 4 armor level 18 and level 28 and level 38 armor this exact way for two people last weekend.

Not saying I can't get the materials, as some have stated, but I'm not into spending gold to respect everytime I want low level mats. They just made it a PITA. We shall see if they fix it or not when furniture crafting comes out, or before.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on October 26, 2016 7:34PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Practical people seek to identify the real necessities, the areas where things can improve, find manageable, cost-effective solutions with minimal risk and try to get thrm added to thr game.

No. Employees do that. ZOS is not paying me nearly enough. I work for a living.

No smiley.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 26, 2016 8:52PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Practical people seek to identify the real necessities, the areas where things can improve, find manageable, cost-effective solutions with minimal risk and try to get thrm added to thr game.

No smiley.

Glad to hear it, the whole work thing that is.

But i think you will find that in reality, many people who are not employees do the things i described. happens every couple of months at least on the PTS server as well as some time in between.

So, i stand by my statement and find your "No. Employees do that." to be either misleadingly worded ot just plain wrong.

But thats fine.

You aren't limited to only expressing accurate thoughts here.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• CromulentForumID
    CromulentForumID
    ✭✭✭✭

No smiley.

But i think you will find that in reality, many people who are not employees do the things i described. happens every couple of months at least on the PTS server as well as some time in between.

So, i stand by my statement and find your "No. Employees do that." to be either misleadingly worded ot just plain wrong.

But thats fine.

I'm curious. What kind of DPS do you pull with all of your Champion Points assigned to "Passive Aggressive?"
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No smiley.

But thats fine.

I'm curious. What kind of DPS do you pull with all of your Champion Points assigned to "Passive Aggressive?"

Right now i am leveling a newbie so mostly i have onlu 10cp assigned to recovery for the harvest passive.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before 1T i leveled alts to 10, 16, 26, 36 and 46 with matching passive levels. I prepared them to be able to harvest every mats below vet levels. Actually they turned out unnecessary because writ shipments pour in all the low level mats i need.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    As long as type of mat is tied hatd to level of gear but location of quest is no longer tied as tightly to level of character having type of mat tied to location is broken. It takes the 1T gameplay model of anywhere anytime and throws it back to "but some wheres and some times arent worthwhile, so really only do a few.

Consider your msrvelous idea of spreading multiple node types/levels around in one zone. Now you are pretty much assured to get some of the quest content providingbless useful stuff as you go around. Some areas less worthwhile mesns they get less play.

Consider this from another resource.

How about you fight as level 35 character oppositon scaled to match you but then their drop sets from bosses and dolmens and quest rewards ALL pop out at level 19, cuz, you know, that spot on the map is fixed at level 19.

Of course, this is a wonderful thing. You need mothers sorrow at level 19 for a guildie, just go down there, kill the dolmen and grab that level 19 ring.

Sure, everybody else not at 19 running the same quest zone is stuck with 19s too but thats a small price to pay.

If every threat and risk and challenge in an area scales to a character, why shouldn'mats and other rewards?

i mean, i am sure there would be tons of folks lining up outside the world boss that fights fully scaled but who drops level 10 rewards, right, just like they will be lining up to run quests in areas where they find mats that are useless at every node andf every drop.

That's what I love about programming. You would be amazed at what programmers can do. Don't forget they enabled scaling via zone before 1T world wide scaling. So it (scaling the way it is now without scaling the mats) can be done if they program it that way. Remember, we are playing a program, and the program works the way it is designed to. A program can be written the way the programmer wants/allows. Now whether it happens or not remains to be see lol.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Techkey1 wrote: »
    As long as type of mat is tied hatd to level of gear but location of quest is no longer tied as tightly to level of character having type of mat tied to location is broken. It takes the 1T gameplay model of anywhere anytime and throws it back to "but some wheres and some times arent worthwhile, so really only do a few.

Consider your msrvelous idea of spreading multiple node types/levels around in one zone. Now you are pretty much assured to get some of the quest content providingbless useful stuff as you go around. Some areas less worthwhile mesns they get less play.

How about you fight as level 35 character oppositon scaled to match you but then their drop sets from bosses and dolmens and quest rewards ALL pop out at level 19, cuz, you know, that spot on the map is fixed at level 19.

Of course, this is a wonderful thing. You need mothers sorrow at level 19 for a guildie, just go down there, kill the dolmen and grab that level 19 ring.

Sure, everybody else not at 19 running the same quest zone is stuck with 19s too but thats a small price to pay.

If every threat and risk and challenge in an area scales to a character, why shouldn'mats and other rewards?

i mean, i am sure there would be tons of folks lining up outside the world boss that fights fully scaled but who drops level 10 rewards, right, just like they will be lining up to run quests in areas where they find mats that are useless at every node andf every drop.

That's what I love about programming. You would be amazed at what programmers can do. Don't forget they enabled scaling via zone before 1T world wide scaling. So it (scaling the way it is now without scaling the mats) can be done if they program it that way. Remember, we are playing a program, and the program works the way it is designed to. A program can be written the way the programmer wants/allows. Now whether it happens or not remains to be see lol.

Really? We are playing a program? i thought it was a cantelope. We are all so glad you pointed that out to us.

Just to be clear, i dont think i have said any of this is beyond programming capability.

Thats never been the issue so... just dont see where your it can be what they want has to do with anything here.

The key points basically boil down to how well do the pieces fit together... and non-scaled resources and scaled zones do not work as well as either both scaled or both geo-locked as far as characters gathering useful materials in routine play sufficient to serve their needs. Now, hey, i get that maybe we can argue where in a scaled threat world-wide game zone-locked mats is a dumber idea than alliance locked mats as far as serving the needs but i dont see any real question that scled resources world wide and scaled threat worldwide is better than the other two for the vast majority of the players in the game. I admit there needs to be some tweaks provided to let the Ima-crafter-no-change-me-nots be less upset that this update changed how the stuff they do works but since there are several ways to do that without shafting the vast majority of others (remove lower cap on mats, allow a toggle if they really get aroused when inventory shows many different mats types) etc.

As for "but the whole crafting could be something else totally" as i said sure it could. Could be btter, could be worse, dont know. Doesn't matter to me what it might be if the game were totally different... what matters is what it is and what it needs to be and what it can be.

Anybody thinking that after they just did the major 1T changeover for drop sets, scaled resources etc etc etc that means a complete disposal of how sets work how crafting and resources work and a "One itemization" total rewaork is at all in the works or likely... they have different thought processes than i do.

But the idea of spreading resource levels geographically around zones so that irrespective of character traits the old "this area/quests less desirable" problem is no longer something easily avoidable (zone sized) but is now spotted around like a metastasized cancer is maybe even worse than the ignore character just zone lock them or based it off alliance scaled ideas are for a world wide play 1T types model. (Except that it would likely keep a high demand for developing character to buy mats from dedicated harvesters so if it didn't just drive them to drop sets it would serve a few gold harvesters quite well.)

Again, the needs of Ima-crafter-no-change-me-nots can be met with options that increase their options better than they can be served by slamming other characters capabilities - except for the "if the other characters can get what they need without me i cant make gold off them" part.

So we dont need to once again take character-linked resources away from the vast majority to serve the few.

To quote Spock "The greeds of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many." or something like that. its close.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't deconning low level gear provide enough mats to make a set for your alt?
    My low level alts put all the drops they find in the bank to decon and it provides enough materials for crafting.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Doesn't deconning low level gear provide enough mats to make a set for your alt?
    My low level alts put all the drops they find in the bank to decon and it provides enough materials for crafting.

You don't drop low level gear unless you are low level.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

You don't drop low level gear unless you are low level.

yes, read what I wrote again.
    "My low level alts put all the drops they find...."
    So far I havnt had to gather any mats to make low level gear, the drops my low levels find provide enough mats.
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭
    My problem is gathering the materials for their NEXT tier. I have been having to spend a lot of time and money on the traders. The twenty CPs per tier crap is really frustrating. But if I don't upgrade then I am gimped.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hluill wrote: »
    My problem is gathering the materials for their NEXT tier. I have been having to spend a lot of time and money on the traders. The twenty CPs per tier crap is really frustrating. But if I don't upgrade then I am gimped.

Just leveled a character from 17 to 50 thru the post-1T-is-here period.

No gimping problem here.

First, i did any crafting at end-of-tier using the copious useful mats the character harvested. so i built pieces to fill in at level 24 for my lvl 26-34 run. its a minor difference but hardly noticeable even against bosses and world bosses.

Second, i gathered gear as i leveled. So that lvl 24 was quickly replaced by lvl 26 then 28 then 29 then 32 etc etc etc as drops came in. heck, at times i even just slotted dropped weapons at the higher level in place of lower tie r set pieces not because i didn't have mats but because the drop was so much better than the old and it just wasnt worth going back to the other character to go craft for a weapon that would be obsolete in a few levels.

Third, on a few occasions but not often, if i was in the other character anyway, i would craft a new piece from the flood of "current tier" mats gathered by the developing character from nodes everywhere and decons a plenty. having every drop be at your level means tons of decon mats to craft with when the itch scratches you.

All in all, like i said, mostly other than the end-of-tier transitions, it was just better off to work in drop sets and drop pieces as they came about than to keep chasing the "highest possible tier" crafting while still developing. It played out fine - no balance problems.

Now that i am at 50 and pole-vaulting to 50/capper, i am really glad i have so many cp160+ mats and set pieces to equip now that i dont have to worry about spending crafting resources on stuff that will level out in no time.

it does show a minor alteration to my previous pre-1t playstyle but one which was fun and not at all "gimping" in the overall scheme of a developing character, IMO. game worlds change and some player adapt.

never once bought mats for the progression at all or even considered it.

On the plus side, i felt amazingly free as to what i did as far as questing and regions. I spent some time in Wrothgar, Some in hews, Some in Gold Coast, did many starter islands, did several opening zones, did some of the main quests but not all, etc etc etc... basically went whereever i wanted doing whatever quests i felt like pursuing. i did not feel bound to a narrow geo-pathway of progression by the need for mats and mats being zone locked. Everywhere i went, i gathered and acquired useful stuff.

That was by far and away the bigger impact on playability and sustainability - and a positive one.

Feeling gimped? hell no, not for me, I felt free and in control of my own game.
    Edited by STEVIL on November 1, 2016 5:45AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    What does harvesting ruby mats matter anyway... The new dropped sets FAR exceeed all but 3 crafted gear sets anyway. However, the gear still sells... not sure why...
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    What does harvesting ruby mats matter anyway... The new dropped sets FAR exceeed all but 3 crafted gear sets anyway. However, the gear still sells... not sure why...

Because some people don't have time for / don't want to grind mindlessly for this so-called BiS gear on and on and on?

Because there are people who don't care about pulling the highest possible numbers and using always the same boring combos/skills rotation?

Because there are people who play how they actually want, enjoying the game and making the fun out of it?

Because there are some crafted sets that are still viable for every content in this game?
    Edited by Tyrion87 on November 1, 2016 10:52AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also last i checked crafted sells for a lot less than the better farmed stuff does, at least for now.

Ease and appearance ste the teo main gains for crafted over dropped equip, right now, esp in developing levels.

Stark contrast to consumables.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭

No gimping problem here.

First, i did any crafting at end-of-tier using the copious useful mats the character harvested. so i built pieces to fill in at level 24 for my lvl 26-34 run. its a minor difference but hardly noticeable even against bosses and world bosses.

Second, i gathered gear as i leveled. So that lvl 24 was quickly replaced by lvl 26 then 28 then 29 then 32 etc etc etc as drops came in. heck, at times i even just slotted dropped weapons at the higher level in place of lower tie r set pieces not because i didn't have mats but because the drop was so much better than the old and it just wasnt worth going back to the other character to go craft for a weapon that would be obsolete in a few levels.

Third, on a few occasions but not often, if i was in the other character anyway, i would craft a new piece from the flood of "current tier" mats gathered by the developing character from nodes everywhere and decons a plenty. having every drop be at your level means tons of decon mats to craft with when the itch scratches you.

All in all, like i said, mostly other than the end-of-tier transitions, it was just better off to work in drop sets and drop pieces as they came about than to keep chasing the "highest possible tier" crafting while still developing. It played out fine - no balance problems.

Now that i am at 50 and pole-vaulting to 50/capper, i am really glad i have so many cp160+ mats and set pieces to equip now that i dont have to worry about spending crafting resources on stuff that will level out in no time.

it does show a minor alteration to my previous pre-1t playstyle but one which was fun and not at all "gimping" in the overall scheme of a developing character, IMO. game worlds change and some player adapt.

On the plus side, i felt amazingly free as to what i did as far as questing and regions. I spent some time in Wrothgar, Some in hews, Some in Gold Coast, did many starter islands, did several opening zones, did some of the main quests but not all, etc etc etc... basically went whereever i wanted doing whatever quests i felt like pursuing. i did not feel bound to a narrow geo-pathway of progression by the need for mats and mats being zone locked. Everywhere i went, i gathered and acquired useful stuff.

That was by far and away the bigger impact on playability and sustainability - and a positive one.

Glad you're happy!

I am not. The more I receive comments like this, the less happy I become. It's probably obvious to all but me: This is no longer a game for me. Might be I am just burnt out. Might be that I really hate upscaling. Might be all these people telling me I am playing it wrong.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No gimping problem here.

Glad you're happy!

I am not. The more I receive comments like this, the less happy I become. It's probably obvious to all but me: This is no longer a game for me. Might be I am just burnt out. Might be that I really hate upscaling. Might be all these people telling me I am playing it wrong.

If posts about other people hsving positive experiences and being happy in playing the game make you less happy, yeah, maybe there is an issue not really about the game.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're happy!

I have not crafted any armor or weapon since One Tamriel dropped. I have been selling the equipment trash for vendor gold rather than deconstructing it for materials and skill progress. I have no need for the materials at this time. I am only leveling Alchemy and Provisioning at this time.

Personally, I think the current state of crafting, including the scaled nodes, is the largest design mistake they have made with the game this year.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭

No gimping problem here.

Glad you're happy!

If posts about other people hsving positive experiences and being happy in playing the game make you less happy, yeah, maybe there is an issue not really about the game.

~laughs~

Wow, way to read my point. I am truly glad that so many are happy. I apologize for even implying that no one should enjoy the game because I am not. I am frustrated with so many implying to me that I am not enjoying this game because I am playing it wrong.

I guess I am just a heartbroken whiner.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No gimping problem here.

Glad you're happy!

~laughs~

Wow, way to read my point. I am truly glad that so many are happy. I apologize for even implying that no one should enjoy the game because I am not. I am frustrated with so many implying to me that I am not enjoying this game because I am playing it wrong.

I cant speak to what you should or shouldnt do to make things more enjoyable but as a general rule for me if i am doing something supposed to be fun and i am not having fun i look to my choices mainly cuz they are what i control. The first choice is never HOW i am playing, thats the second. The first is WHY to determine if i am playing the right game.

But thats me.

Not you.

So may not be applicable.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Hluill
    Hluill
    ✭✭✭

No gimping problem here.

Glad you're happy!

~laughs~

I cant speak to what you should or shouldnt do to make things more enjoyable but as a general rule for me if i am doing something supposed to be fun and i am not having fun i look to my choices mainly cuz they are what i control. The first choice is never HOW i am playing, thats the second. The first is WHY to determine if i am playing the right game.

But thats me.

Not you.

I hear you. I am slowly reaching the conclusion that this is no longer the right game for me. It had some features that were fun for me. It had some features that were frustrating too. With the latest changes, the frustrating outweighs the fun. I am procrastinating on cancelling my subscription because I put a lot of time and money into the game. I guess I got my money's worth. ~shrugs~
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to ruin the fun..but ive found iron, dwarven and orichalcum ores with my maxed out blacksmith...
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Apollo wrote: »
    Not wanting to ruin the fun..but ive found iron, dwarven and orichalcum ores with my maxed out blacksmith...

By maxed do u mean maxed char level and maxed craft type skill?

It is supposed to scale to gear cap you can wear and gear cap you can craft -roughly even between.

I myself have not seen a fail on that sibce 1T running chars lvl 17 to 50 and multiple tiers.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But thats me.

Not you.

I hear you. I am slowly reaching the conclusion that this is no longer the right game for me. It had some features that were fun for me. It had some features that were frustrating too. With the latest changes, the frustrating outweighs the fun. I am procrastinating on cancelling my subscription because I put a lot of time and money into the game. I guess I got my money's worth. ~shrugs~

I reached that conclusion a while ago. This game is no longer the game I enjoyed. It has changed way too much and no longer resembles the game I enjoyed during beta and the past two years. One Tamriel is not the kind of MMORPG I want to play. Old ESO is. I know a lot of people really seem to like the forced scaling but to me it's the single worst change they could have made. Maybe I'm just too set in my ways, having played MMORPGs the classic way since 1999.

To me a large part of the appeal of an MMORPG is moving on to higher and higher level areas as my character levels, being able to outlevel content when needed. It's why I loved classic Everquest so much. I'm not even so interested in the social aspect of an MMORPG, I like advancing my character and the areas he can safely adventure in.

I don't even like Oblivion's level scaling which is why it's the TES game I skipped.

I'm not sure why I still visit this forum. It's not often that I do now but I guess it's habit.
    Edited by Holycannoli on November 5, 2016 2:59AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But thats me.

Not you.

I reached that conclusion a while ago. This game is no longer the game I enjoyed. It has changed way too much and no longer resembles the game I enjoyed during beta and the past two years. One Tamriel is not the kind of MMORPG I want to play. Old ESO is. I know a lot of people really seem to like the forced scaling but to me it's the single worst change they could have made. Maybe I'm just too set in my ways, having played MMORPGs the classic way since 1999.

To me a large part of the appeal of an MMORPG is moving on to higher and higher level areas as my character levels, being able to outlevel content when needed. It's why I loved classic Everquest so much. I'm not even so interested in the social aspect of an MMORPG, I like advancing my character and the areas he can safely adventure in.

I don't even like Oblivion's level scaling which is why it's the TES game I skipped.

I'm not sure why I still visit this forum. It's not often that I do now but I guess it's habit.

Any major change is bound to disappoint some and please others.

For me, not for everyone, the idea of having basically IDK 75% or so of the content no longer worth going to and having the character's home zones become a waste of time to be in was a real downer.

having just leveled a new character from 17-50/capper i can say that the leveling in 1T was the best leveling i have had in a long time. i could go to any number of different zones, try different angles run the main plots thru etc. Again, control was in my hands much more than before. I have long term meaningful choices even as i leveled up as to where and when i go.

The scaling of content and nodes and drops are what made that work.

I know some want that affirmation of power gained with having all those lower zones be trivial after they go past them, but for me, i want those zones to be viable, thriving and worthwhile all day everyday for me.

For me the affirmation of power doesn't come from having low power dead on glance adversaries but from having just as difficult adversaries that i kill quicker or better and who drop useful stuff for me.

But thats why there is more than just vanilla in the freezer counter.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• penek
    penek
    brought game 2 weeks ago
    idk why, but rushed to lvl 50+, now i ch60, my crafting smith\cloth\wood are 6/7/6, with items\mats that drops are tier8 (iron smth), and how i supposed now to do writs, when i asked to craft using t6/7/6 mats, without even slight chance to get them outside of the traders? (which often not cheap for new character), and rewards? t2 mats and map with nodes (that obv are my t8+ level) ? On average single writ require ~60 refined mats to be completed, without any chance to restore some in process

so yeah, while leveling are fun and all, crafting become totally awfull, as my craft exp in 90% limited to things i deconstruct
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    penek wrote: »
    brought game 2 weeks ago
    idk why, but rushed to lvl 50+, now i ch60, my crafting smith\cloth\wood are 6/7/6, with items\mats that drops are tier8 (iron smth), and how i supposed now to do writs, when i asked to craft using t6/7/6 mats, without even slight chance to get them outside of the traders? (which often not cheap for new character), and rewards? t2 mats and map with nodes (that obv are my t8+ level) ? On average single writ require ~60 refined mats to be completed, without any chance to restore some in process

so yeah, while leveling are fun and all, crafting become totally awfull, as my craft exp in 90% limited to things i deconstruct

Half will be at your character level and half at the skill level. If thats not the case, report it as bug

Thats for mats. Gear itself you might decon is always at your char level, but scraps will vary. I see rawhide and rubedo scraps drop all the time from my tier 1 crsft cpcapncharacters kills.
    Edited by STEVIL on November 6, 2016 4:51AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Techkey1 wrote: »

Really? We are playing a program? i thought it was a cantelope. We are all so glad you pointed that out to us.

Just to be clear, i dont think i have said any of this is beyond programming capability.

Thats never been the issue so... just dont see where your it can be what they want has to do with anything here.

The key points basically boil down to how well do the pieces fit together... and non-scaled resources and scaled zones do not work as well as either both scaled or both geo-locked as far as characters gathering useful materials in routine play sufficient to serve their needs. Now, hey, i get that maybe we can argue where in a scaled threat world-wide game zone-locked mats is a dumber idea than alliance locked mats as far as serving the needs but i dont see any real question that scled resources world wide and scaled threat worldwide is better than the other two for the vast majority of the players in the game. I admit there needs to be some tweaks provided to let the Ima-crafter-no-change-me-nots be less upset that this update changed how the stuff they do works but since there are several ways to do that without shafting the vast majority of others (remove lower cap on mats, allow a toggle if they really get aroused when inventory shows many different mats types) etc.

As for "but the whole crafting could be something else totally" as i said sure it could. Could be btter, could be worse, dont know. Doesn't matter to me what it might be if the game were totally different... what matters is what it is and what it needs to be and what it can be.

Anybody thinking that after they just did the major 1T changeover for drop sets, scaled resources etc etc etc that means a complete disposal of how sets work how crafting and resources work and a "One itemization" total rewaork is at all in the works or likely... they have different thought processes than i do.

But the idea of spreading resource levels geographically around zones so that irrespective of character traits the old "this area/quests less desirable" problem is no longer something easily avoidable (zone sized) but is now spotted around like a metastasized cancer is maybe even worse than the ignore character just zone lock them or based it off alliance scaled ideas are for a world wide play 1T types model. (Except that it would likely keep a high demand for developing character to buy mats from dedicated harvesters so if it didn't just drive them to drop sets it would serve a few gold harvesters quite well.)

Again, the needs of Ima-crafter-no-change-me-nots can be met with options that increase their options better than they can be served by slamming other characters capabilities - except for the "if the other characters can get what they need without me i cant make gold off them" part.

So we dont need to once again take character-linked resources away from the vast majority to serve the few.

To quote Spock "The greeds of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many." or something like that. its close.

I don't think you understood what I was doing when I typed that lol. I was just stating some fact with a little programming humor on a nice note. Lots of people know that things change, I personally am fine with change as long as it's positive and as long as it works. The only point I am making is, however ZOS wants their game to be is how it will be. Later man.
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.