Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Zakazh
    Zakazh
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @W0lf_z13 you won't be able to heal anyway because igneous shield is worthless now. If I'm light attack weaving I'll nuke that shield with just the light attack. Bye bye major mending.

On the plus side, I have a great idea of what I'll be playing from now on.

Please do tell. My BWB Templar is almost 50, and it's time for a new BWB newb. I would like to do the PvE content some day (Thieve's Guild and Brotherhood especially) as well, so I'm thinking Nightblade for the proper level of immersion. Zakazh is being re-spec'd as all-crafter (any good crafting guides out there?).

- Zakazh Sa'Ayide - Templar healer - PUGz of Daggerfall, Brother pirate to:
    - Balian Sa'Ayide - Nightblade
    - Strange Purr - Nightblade kitty cat
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I follow you Tipsy but have you started a thread saying you are quitting because of the PTS patch notes? Thats what I'm giggling about.

No cause that's just silly. How am I supposed to complain about the game while in game if I quit?
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoop!!! My case showed up today. Time to start my new build.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not exactly a huge fan of all the resource management changes, I'm actually pretty optimistic and, dare I say, excited to play with the changes. Sure, it might be difficult at first to adapt to these changes, but personally I've gotten somewhat bored with the game lately, and things have been feeling quite stale. I think these changes will not only force people to change the way they build characters by building for more sustain, but will also force people to change the way they actually play those characters. When the dust settles, I could see combat feeling quite a bit different than what we're all used to. Whether that is for better or for worse, I don't know, but for me, the change is welcomed. As always, people will adapt to whatever changes they make, and sometimes shaking things up like this can go a long way towards keeping the game feeling fresh and exciting.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zakazh , in due time. I gotta find out more first.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sooo if class resource mamagement skills seem to be capping below 30k in some cases 19k I'm thinking pellenials builds with the appropriate resources with defense and offense being drawn from each pool accordingly and stacking weapon damage might be the way to go for some crazy unique builds for morrowind.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinals is already incredibly viable. It's how I'm getting 10k non-crits for heals and howls on my werewolf.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelinals is already incredibly viable. It's how I'm getting 10k non-crits for heals and howls on my werewolf.

yes but I think it could be even more viable......I think. I gotta science the *** out of this.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll be more viable. The thing is you still want a max stat to scale off of. Stacking weapon/spell damage isn't enough. You lose so much sustain doing that.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, constitution enabled hybrids big time. That's gone now.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll be more viable. The thing is you still want a max stat to scale off of. Stacking weapon/spell damage isn't enough. You lose so much sustain doing that.

nono, think about it. The class skill passives are basically capped at 29k on average lets just say. Now you can easily and I mean easily get 27k in each of mag and stam, making the most of class passives. Now, you're using both resource pools for both defense and offense on some builds with this setup. best race would be dark elf of course.....hmm. Something to ponder. bet i can come up with a few builds. we'll see after a few weeks of pts changes what happens.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus, constitution enabled hybrids big time. That's gone now.

Think black rose, it has jewlery and weapons now+ stam and mag....
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck farming telvar for that. Plus, that doesn't even get constitution back to its current base value.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was trying to share a picture with all of you on the new build progress but I'm a moron and can't figure it out. Maybe because I'm on my phone. Anyway I'll keep trying.
    Got it.
    Edited by Stridig on April 19, 2017 3:25AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck farming telvar for that. Plus, that doesn't even get constitution back to its current base value.

You're being a debbie downer, glass half empty, every silver lining has dark gray storm clouds kinda guy. I'm gonna pull it off, watch meh!! Obviously not for bwb though. Also farming telvar is fairly easy when you have a nightblade.
    Edited by TipsyDrow on April 19, 2017 3:19AM
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Adenoma

Did u every figure out how to get that scroll out of Warden?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Sooo if class resource mamagement skills seem to be capping below 30k in some cases 19k I'm thinking pellenials builds with the appropriate resources with defense and offense being drawn from each pool accordingly and stacking weapon damage might be the way to go for some crazy unique builds for morrowind.

I hadn't thought about that, but its a really interesting idea. My guess is that damage is going to be down as people build for more sustain anyways, so you may not actually lose that much from max-stat scaling. Plus, if you can optimize your sustain between both magicka and stamina, you may actually be able to put a little more focus into weapon damage while still keeping your sustain on-par with non-hybrid builds who focus less into weapon or spell damage.
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    The PTS notes aren't that bad.

To be honest, a lot of the changes were needed. You might not want to admit it, but you guys know it, too. ;)

Things won't be as roll face as before is pretty much the biggest change. God forbid you actually have to carefully consider your actions.
    Edited by Azurulia on April 19, 2017 6:08AM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurulia wrote: »
    The PTS notes aren't that bad.

To be honest, a lot of the changes were needed. You might not want to admit it, but you guys know it, too. ;)

Things won't be as roll face as before is pretty much the biggest change. God forbid you actually have to carefully consider your actions.

Oh I agree whole heartedly with the nerfs to the CP system. As in pve the game was a complete faceroll and no challenge at all even in vet dugoens. But I also know from testing that when combined with the armor nerfs and all armor types were hit, the class passives for sustain and group skills for sustain all being nerfed fairly hard it all combines for some fairly miserable gameplay. They forgot the game still needs to be fun. I hope they remember that during this patch cycle.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily , no. I played solo for about an hour, put up some shelves, cooked dinner, and called it an early night.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azurulia , I think you must not play DK much. As a DK lover they've gutted most of the things we depend on - battle roar, block, and heavy armor. I don't think that's overreaction. That's based on testing.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LF 9 trait crafter. Have gold.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    @Azurulia , I think you must not play DK much. As a DK lover they've gutted most of the things we depend on - battle roar, block, and heavy armor. I don't think that's overreaction. That's based on testing.

I actually have 3 DK's. (Though ones more of a crafter than anything.)

Which is all the more reason I am aware of how powerful the class is. I wouldn't say that we depend on them so much as we've used them as a crutch. being able to use OS then Dragons blood to heal for over 50% of or health instantly on a critical was beyond annoying to kill in pvp.

When I emp'd on my DK tank, I was extremely difficult to kill. taking 10+ people simply because of my OS+Dragon's blood healing me for 30-50k. on my Vet StamDK I use similar methods to heal very rapidly with repeated use.

It's no secret DK's self healing is overpowered. Using OS followed by the usual dragonblood will still work, however it will have to be timed better. (Like after a dodgeroll or breaking LoS) As for Battle Roar, I think that will only really effect builds with very low point ult's that charge and use repeatedly.

At the end of the day the nerfs will result in smarter play overall from changes in how ability mechanics work and resource management.
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not use 10+ people having to kill a tank emp a good measure of what healing is or is not overpowered. When I was emp on a light armor DK it would take similar numbers. When I was emp on a heavy armor DPS magDK I solo farmed PUGz (not anything to diminish what they do, I was lucky and nobody negated me) on top of a resource. That was pre-dragonsblood buff and only using inhale.

For stamDK vigor is overpowered at its current cost, but the fundamental idea that their healing is overpowered is grossly wrong. Even more so, every class has their own inherent strengths and self-heals and sustain via battleroar are two of the DKs.

First they took our wings, then our heals, and now we have a battle squeak.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been pretty quiet again. Are we not all friends any more? What are you all up to?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    All work and no play ESO makes Deceiver a sad boy.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who keeps crashing or freezing for 15+ sec these day??
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Honestly, feels like I should take a calculus class again just to follow up with the builds by myself. No wonder people just adopt metas so hard.

This is all you need to know about the upcoming Morrowind expansion. No maths included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZxFVvCiXU

This guy was in drama class in HS, right?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to test these changes for myself. Most people make it sound like the game will be unplayable. I doubt that is the case. I'm at least interested to test it out and draw my own conclusions.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    This thread has been pretty quiet again. Are we not all friends any more? What are you all up to?

Hey all... Haven't been around much, work has been tough around tax time and the weather has been a little better so I've been on my bicycle a bit more. Also baseball started and hockey playoffs! Hopefully you all will have more opportunity to kill me, though.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
This discussion has been closed.