Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After our little event tonight at the guild Hall, I definitely think that roots and BOL are OP.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I already built for sustain. You don't need a lot of damage to kill.

That depends who you fight!
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TipsyDrow , I won't be playing heavy armor next patch if things go out like they are. I really hate these patch notes. They seem really geared at changing CP campaign sustain and they really rain on the parade of no-CP campaigns.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah ... agreed @Adenoma ... the severe hit on regen will probably drive a lot of people back to either light or medium .... in the non cp campaign or even pve wihtout cp you have to worry about regen... with the MASSIVE nerfs to regen AND skills that give back resources now its going to be even worse for those in non cp campaigns as well as newer players with little to no cp's
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    yeah ... agreed @Adenoma ... the severe hit on regen will probably drive a lot of people back to either light or medium .... in the non cp campaign or even pve wihtout cp you have to worry about regen... with the MASSIVE nerfs to regen AND skills that give back resources now its going to be even worse for those in non cp campaigns as well as newer players with little to no cp's

Yea, i think they went overboard on the sustain nerfs. I think they could have just nerfed the cp sustain skills down to 10-15% each and hit heavy with another small constitution nerf. As it stands it appears as if people will be running out of resources fairly quickly or they will do no damage. We'll see what the pts testers say after a week or so.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mmmm.. I finally got my game recording working last night. Not sure what my problem was before, but I recorded 3 videos last night. :)

No more whispering me with your chests pumped out, because you are being recorded. I think it is funny how just in 3 videos I can make a video that LOOKS like I have skills. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i may also have to rethink my weapon choices... usually i go dw for main bar mainly cause i like being up, close and personal in battle ...... but now with the upcoming regen issues i'm thinking im going to have to go back to destro/resto
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    i think i may also have to rethink my weapon choices... usually i go dw for main bar mainly cause i like being up, close and personal in battle ...... but now with the upcoming regen issues i'm thinking im going to have to go back to destro/resto

The changes to constitution don't help either.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stridig exactly ... don't really want to go destro/resto ... but looks like i dont really have an option anymore.... its either that or have an even more horrible time with sustain

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is the beginning of bringing back hybrid builds. When the game launched you could split your attribute points out fairly evenly and do quite well.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    mmmm.. I finally got my game recording working last night. Not sure what my problem was before, but I recorded 3 videos last night. :)

No more whispering me with your chests pumped out, because you are being recorded. I think it is funny how just in 3 videos I can make a video that LOOKS like I have skills. :)

Glad you liked it. It was fun to make. Cant wait to see your Dixon wreckage vid : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    I can't find the full patch notes, can someone help me out?
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/335600/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-0/p1
    should be it @Kazi .... prepare urself to bash ur head on a desk though
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 18, 2017 3:26PM

Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    Lol okay thank you
    Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    Yeah...a lot of head scratchers in there. I do like the 2 second immunity after dodge roll though. I hate that they changed siphoning strikes to just restore health.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kazi wrote: »
    Yeah...a lot of head scratchers in there. I do like the 2 second immunity after dodge roll though. I hate that they changed siphoning strikes to just restore health.

It doesn't just restore health, though. They butchered the wording, but they definitely meant that one morph will restore stamina and health and the other will restore magicka and health.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i def think ill be curing my dunmer mdk of vamparism though .... with the regen being cut i dont want to have to deal with the oh no .... low health have to heal... oh wait ... i cant heal .... dead....

Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    casparian wrote: »
    Kazi wrote: »

It doesn't just restore health, though. They butchered the wording, but they definitely meant that one morph will restore stamina and health and the other will restore magicka and health.

Yeah I know the morph does, but I think before the morphs it just restores health
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 you won't be able to heal anyway because igneous shield is worthless now. If I'm light attack weaving I'll nuke that shield with just the light attack. Bye bye major mending.

On the plus side, I have a great idea of what I'll be playing from now on.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to armor and class sustain skills to being nerfed if the resource pool is over 16-29k for different classes/skills, cost reduction CP gone regen cp nerfed and stam abilities costing 5% more sustain is taking a huge hit all around. I've been on the PTS......sustain is grim on a stamblade even with 630 cp stam regen drink and a regen set. I can't imagine trying to play either a mag or stam dk atm. Can't talk about specifics but if you got a beta invite check out the warden class......
    Edited by TipsyDrow on April 18, 2017 5:23PM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gimme that beta invite?
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @W0lf_z13 you won't be able to heal anyway because igneous shield is worthless now. If I'm light attack weaving I'll nuke that shield with just the light attack. Bye bye major mending.

On the plus side, I have a great idea of what I'll be playing from now on.

Yeah, they changed the Major Mending in the Templar Sacred Ground passive to Minor Mending too. Combine that with all the resource changes, and RIP Stamplar.

Also, with all the nerfs to resource management class abilities, how did Dark Deal remain relatively untouched?
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, feels like I should take a calculus class again just to follow up with the builds by myself. No wonder people just adopt metas so hard.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Honestly, feels like I should take a calculus class again just to follow up with the builds by myself. No wonder people just adopt metas so hard.

This is all you need to know about the upcoming Morrowind expansion. No maths included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZxFVvCiXU
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, with all the nerfs to resource management class abilities, how did Dark Deal remain relatively untouched?

All the nerfs to resource management class abilities were to abilities whose resource returns scale off max stats (e.g. max stamina in the case of Repentance). Dark Deal doesn't scale off max stats. My guess is that ZOS wanted to remove max stat-scaling resource return from the game completely, and focused this first round of changes to class abilities on that (as well as on Major Mending, which is directly connected to their attempt to insert the Warden into the class balance). I'm sure something will happen to sorcs in an upcoming round of changes.

Edited by casparian on April 18, 2017 6:52PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the doom and gloom threads are killing me. I bet the majority if those people don't even use the PTS. I mean..... literally nothing has changed with the game yet and people are so mad. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    All of the doom and gloom threads are killing me. I bet the majority if those people don't even use the PTS. I mean..... literally nothing has changed with the game yet and people are so mad. Lol

BwB'ers always adapt better to the changes than everyone else. Ive been playing with no sustain forever. No big.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quadrupling the cost of block if you wear heavy breaks my balls. Time to kill will be much lower because of the need to wear light or medium.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

I've been on the pts. I can assure you sustain has been rekt three ways to sunday. They nerfed sustain everywhere, skill lines,armor passives, armor sets,synergies all stam skills including morphs cost 5% more now,CP trees got a major overhaul. (no affect on non cp campaign). I'm not exagerating. If this goes live as is, the no CP campaigns will be affected by a greater margin then anywhere else. Having said that, in every patch I can remember ZOS has come out heavy handed with buffs or nerfs to start then gradually over the PTS cycle some things got changed/reverted. Lets hope some of these nerfs get modified.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow you Tipsy but have you started a thread saying you are quitting because of the PTS patch notes? Thats what I'm giggling about.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
This discussion has been closed.