Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I never understood saltiness. I just stop playing if the game is making me mad.

Same here. I tend to have a pretty good idea of what I'm capable of as a player, so when I end up in an overwhelming situation, I either accept it for what it is, or if I think I could've performed better, go back and watch the video and try to identify what I was doing wrong. And when other people BM (teabagging, angry whispers, etc.) I usually either just laugh it off, or it causes me to focus harder, resulting in me actually playing better when people do things that might normally make some people "salty."

What does tend to make me salty is things like hitting an infinite loading screen, charging into a loading screen, getting ping spikes right in the middle of a fight, etc. The only entity that ever makes me actually mad at the game is Zenimax.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of load screens in the middle of fights. That's always something that makes me a little mad.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

What does tend to make me salty is things like hitting an infinite loading screen, charging into a loading screen, getting ping spikes right in the middle of a fight, etc. The only entity that ever makes me actually mad at the game is Zenimax.

That gets me really mad over time. Last time I got Emp, I lost it cause I was in a loading screen and by reflex (that I built over hundreds of load screens) I just Alt-F4 and restarted the game to get back faster. Problem is, I had vetted out and that counted as Abdication. That's what made me quit ESO for 6 months.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of load screens in the middle of fights. That's always something that makes me a little mad.

I really hate when I get a latency spike right at the beginning of a fight. Like, if I'm having latency issues prior to engaging, at least I can be somewhat prepared for it, but when it happens literally the moment I engage, it always catches me off-guard and causes me to start to panic while I'm trying to recover.
    Raknosh wrote: »

That gets me really mad over time. Last time I got Emp, I lost it cause I was in a loading screen and by reflex (that I built over hundreds of load screens) I just Alt-F4 and restarted the game to get back faster. Problem is, I had vetted out and that counted as Abdication. That's what made me quit ESO for 6 months.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I showed up at Ash right after a DC group got through the outer wall, charged in ready to beat some ass, and immediately got hit with the infinite load screen. Closed the game, logged back on, rezzed and got back to Ash before they got the inner wall down, charged in even more ready to beat some ass, right back into the infinite load screen. By the time I managed to get back into the game, Ash had been lost. Had to quit playing for the night after that one.

I think I have a bit of a theory explaining at least some of the gap-close into load screen bugs. I was running dolmens in Bangkorai not long ago, and while most people just run back to the nearest wayshrine after completing the eastern dolmen, I found that you can parkour through some mountains behind the dolmen and carefully jump down and just run to the next dolmen. However, whenever I did this, the first time I used a gap-closer at the following dolmen, I ended up running into a loading screen and then falling under the map when the loading screen ended. This happens nearly every single time I use my "shortcut" to get to that dolmen. When I instead just use the wayshrine to get to that dolmen, I never have problems gap-closing into a loading screen. While I know pretty much nothing about the inner-workings of video games, it seems as though by jumping through those mountains and going from a very high elevation to a very low elevation in the process, I may be bypassing some sort of loading zone or something, and then when I try to gap-close on a target, the game doesn't correctly identify my position, forcing me into a loading screen and placing me at the wrong elevation (below the map) when I come out of it. Perhaps when I get to the dolmen the game still thinks I am at that higher elevation and tries to correct it by placing me at a lower elevation, which of course ends up putting me below the map?

Again, this is all just speculation on my part, but if anybody knows more about how games work, feel free to provide input as to whether or not this seems like a plausible theory.
    Edited by ColoursYouHave on April 15, 2017 7:46PM
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoop!!! First batch of new parts showed up today!
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Whoop!!! First batch of new parts showed up today!

Mind me asking what parts you decided on?
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got :
    Asus ROG strix z270e mobo
    EVGA GeForce gtx 1070 FTW hybrid
    Corsair rm850x 80 plus gold psu
    Corsair crystal series 570 case.
    Edited by Stridig on April 15, 2017 10:24PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got :

Holy crap that is one nice looking case! You're gonna need to post pictures once you finish your build.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I got :

Holy crap that is one nice looking case! You're gonna need to post pictures once you finish your build.

Will do. It will be a couple weeks.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep and now I keep crashing at the worst times, I think i,m done for the day
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys crown? I know a friend and I tore through that backline at Roe when there were 30-40 DC there and we got 25 kills and didn't even make a dent in the numbers. You guys seemed pretty ready to emp with one bar on AD and EP. Congrats if you did!

Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did not. When we were done with AD, Redsky went back to EP and mounted a group there to defend. Also had to fight one of my own guildie, on top of receiving another litany of hate PMs.

Great times. Being called a *** and a terrible/zergy player at least twice a day now for leading groups regularly in BwB DC is nothing short of a fantastic time./s
    Edited by gabriebe on April 16, 2017 1:58AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in BwB for some time now. I love DC, my guild and all my friends but it is soooo boring these days. DC in first place EP in second place and AD in third place. Week after week.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate, but it's a mark of a reasonably healthy campaign when it's hard to crown during primetime. Emp's gonna feel better if you're forced to work for it.

People who are calling you slurs are terrible people. People calling you a terrible/zergy player are just bitter people. It's great that you've been leading groups for DC - cool to give back to your alliance's community.

Also, DC sucks. AD rocks (even if we got steamrolled). :)
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    talk about salty.. I like being salty :)

Some EP tried to run from me and another person ( it was 1 v 2 ) and we killed him and I whispered, "Don't you ever try to run from me again." He responded something like, "You are annoying", and I replied, "and you are a chicken". :)

EP just crowned Emp. I think one of fluffy's guild members were running around taking resource when we were trying to prevent emp. We would plan to attack something and the guy would run and take a resource so EP knew we were there.

I really wish we could kick people out of the alliance.

Edited by vamp_emily on April 16, 2017 12:54PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So his 2k incap is gonna hit me for 3k? Yawn.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , our antics up north were wildly impractical but super fun.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anybody explain to me how the hell town capture flagging works? Was trying to capture Vlas, had already captured one flag, was in the process of capping the second, and these two guys just kept respawning right at Vlas over and over again because it wouldn't flag. I must've fought them at least a dozen times before just getting bored and moving on to something else.
    Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anybody explain to me how the hell town capture flagging works? Was trying to capture Vlas, had already captured one flag, was in the process of capping the second, and these two guys just kept respawning right at Vlas over and over again because it wouldn't flag. I must've fought them at least a dozen times before just getting bored and moving on to something else.

In my experience, towns will flash once one of the flags drops below its 1/4 flipped marker (the small line at the bottom of the semi-circle) . Once the flag reaches 3/4 flipped it ceases to be "under attack" and will begin a timer that once expired will unflag the town (even if all the flags are different colors) unless you get another flag to 1/4 flipped. The town will remain under the previous owners control until all flags have changed ownership. If you are attempting to solo a town, the best way is to start with the outlier flag which is always unguarded (in bruma that flag is mislabeled as the merchant flag). I usually do the merchant flag second as the guards there are quartermasters and regular guards, very easy to kill (in Bruma you don't even have to). Then the central flag last since it always has 2 honor guards and a regular guard. The reason being that if you start with the guarded flags, the npcs will likely respawn before you flip the last flag and flip the first one you started with back. Also you are most likely to be attacked by enemy players as you attempt to flip the final flag, which if you succeed in flipping, will immediately spawn friendly npcs to help you. You can keep the town flagged the whole time if you move quickly, but if you get interrupted you have to try and keep the flags "under attack" or risk allowing your attackers to respawn in town. An easy way to do that is to retreat to a flag you have already flipped if you get attacked. Their presence at that flag may return it to an "under attack" condition which will keep the town flagged, and will disallow them to respawn there.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raknosh , our antics up north were wildly impractical but super fun.

You guys were ANNOYING! loll
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were giggling the whole time.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all read the PTS patch notes yet? Some interesting changes in there.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For all those that think I hide behind sieges, and don't fight. This video is for you :)

I sure know how to die a lot. :) Thanks @Valen_Byte I enjoyed the video.

https://youtu.be/cO7sAh1RO-4

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    For all those that think I hide behind sieges, and don't fight. This video is for you :)

I sure know how to die a lot. :) Thanks @Valen_Byte I enjoyed the video.

https://youtu.be/cO7sAh1RO-4

Dat First Person view tho!
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

Resource management just became a thing huh?
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

Looks like people will need to start playing smarter.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • CheesyDaedra
    CheesyDaedra
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, and some passives now scale on max level, this might mess with the BWB meta.
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick, it's a very delicate state of mind.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

TipsyDrow wrote: »

Looks like people will need to start playing smarter.

Play smarter and build differently.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already built for sustain. You don't need a lot of damage to kill.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already built for sustain. You don't need a lot of damage to kill.

You're going to want to read those patch notes if you haven't already. Heavy armor has been nerfed quite a bit. Sustain skills for classes also nerfed quite a bit.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
This discussion has been closed.