Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't like pet builds. Besides a pet build I have up my sleeve. But it's just goofy.

From what I understand the pet skill line is just one line, think it should be far more than just another pet class. Who knows, have to wait and see. However, I agree.. not into pets, I refuse to play a sorc pet build, Ill refuse the Wardens as well.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazi wrote: »
    Thanks for all the magdk tips. So I guess I should use the morph of whip that heals?

Now that I'm back home, I can expand more on what has worked for me on my Magicka DK build. This may be far more information than what you're actually looking for, but I really enjoy the theorycrafting side of ESO, so what the hell.

Personally, I run S&B/Resto with 5 LA/2 HA. To my understanding, running 5 HA/2 LA or 7 HA seems to be much more popular with Mag DK, but since I haven't tried a heavy armor build I can't personally attest to which is better. As far as gear goes, I run 5 piece Kagrenacs, 5 piece Silks of the Sun, and 2 piece Torug's Pact on my S&B. Impen on everything I can, though I've had to settle on Divines on one of my Sun set pieces, sharpened sword, and precise resto staff. Magicka enchants on armor, regen enchants on jewelry, and spell damage mundus. Your stats will vary based on character level, quality, and how far removed your character is from your gear level, but this generally puts me at around 32k Magicka, 23k Health, 3k spell damage on flame abilities (3.2k with spell damage weapon enchantment), and 2k Magicka recovery. You can of course use different enchantments and a different mundus stone to adjust your stats to your liking.

As far as skills, on my S&B bar I use: Invasion, Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Choking Talons, Draw Essence, and Take Flight. On my Resto bar, I use Elusive Mist, Engulfing Flames, Healing Ward, Volatile Armor, Igneous Weapons, and Devouring Swarm.

As I said before, you're definitely going to want Burning Embers and Flame Lash for both damage and healing. Not only is Burning Embers probably the strongest single-target DOT in the game, but it also heals you for a fairly large percentage of the damage done when it expires. Ideally, you want to tag as many enemies as possible with Burning Embers so you can get regular healing when the DOTs start to expire, or get a quick burst heal if needed by reapplying it to an enemy before the DOT expires. And you definitely want to go with the Flame Lash morph of Lava Whip. The healing you get off this ability is surprisingly strong, it has really nice burst damage, and is fairly easy to get to proc.

Like I also said in my earlier post, Talons is, IMO, an essential skill for Magicka DKs. Again, I go for the Choking Talons morph over the Burning Talons morph since the damage reduction can be useful, especially when you have multiple enemies beating on you, and the DOT on Burning Talons just feels really underwhelming. A couple really nice things about Talons are: it allows you to trap enemies and get behind them so they can't damage you, the immobilize allows you to proc Power Lash to get that extra damage and healing (to do this, cast Flame Lash once while an enemy is in your talons and it'll become Power Lash the next time you hit them with it), it can run other players (especially Magicka builds) out of stamina if you keep reapplying talons and they keep rolling out of it, and it really helps counteract the lack of movement speed present within the class.

Engulfing Flames is another decent DOT you can apply that also boosts your flame damage, although I would say it is not nearly as important as Burning Embers or Flame Lash. One thing to know about this skill is that while the flame animation will move with your character, it will only actually hit enemies that are in front of you when you cast the skill. So if you use Engulfing Flames with somebody in front of you, then turn to the side so the flame animation hits somebody else, it'll still only actually hit that person that was in front of you.

Draw Essence is something that I only recently began playing with since I didn't focus too much into that skill line while leveling, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised with how effective the skill is. While the damage by itself isn't particularly exciting, if you use it on a group of enemies who are also taking damage from Burning Embers and Engulfing Flames, the damage can start to add up really quickly. The healing from the first hit is also nothing to scoff at, as I've gone from really low health to nearly full health with a single cast if enough enemies are around me. It also pairs really well with talons since you can immobilize the enemies around you after you cast it so they can't easily escape the explosion that comes 2.5 seconds later. As far as morphs, I've heard a lot of good things about Deep Breath since the interrupt also puts enemies off balance, allowing you to proc Power Lash immediately, but since Mag DKs tend to struggle with resources, and Inhale is a fairly expensive skill, I opted to go with Draw Essence just to help with my magicka sustain.

As far as buffs, the only two skills I use are Igneous Weapons and Volatile armor, which are both pretty self-explanatory. Igneous Weapons is for the Major Sorcery buff, and since I rarely benefit much from additional fully charged heavy attack damage, I use the morph the grants Major Brutality as well in case nearby stamina allies aren't running it themselves. You could also use Structured Entropy for the Major Sorcery buff, but I prefer Igneous Weapons since I need to reapply the buff less frequently. Volatile armor gives additional armor and spell resistance, making me harder to kill. Good stuff.

Elusive Mist is another great skill for a multitude of reasons. Of course increased movement speed is always nice to help gain LOS, and the damage reduction can really help keep you alive long enough to get a potion or ultimate and gain back some resources. It also removes snares/immobilizes, so if you find yourself rooted you can cast this to get out of it rather than dodge-rolling and save some of your precious stamina. Its also my number one tool for surviving siege damage; the ability lasts just as long as a fire ballista DOT, so if you find yourself hit by one just cast this and you'll take significantly less damage over the duration.

Healing Ward is pretty much my emergency heal in this build, and while I do have other options in Burning Embers and Flame Lash, I find that having a heal that doesn't rely on damaging other enemies, especially as a vampire, is too valuable to give up. There are cases such as getting horse-ganked, fighting somebody and getting jumped by another enemy who you haven't applied Burning Embers to yet, or having somebody open on you with an ultimate and some heavy burst where you just don't have the time to wait for a Power Lash proc or Burning Embers to start ticking to get your heal, which is where having Healing Ward becomes incredibly useful.

Finally Invasion, I don't actually really recommend running. Light Armor Magicka DKs tend to struggle with stamina unless you build more into it, and having an expensive stam-based gap closer certainly doesn't help. I'd use Empowering Chains, except the skill is incredibly unreliable, and ends up not even closing the gap while still costing magicka way too often. However, I love having a gap closer to a fault, and as a result end up being CCed without enough stamina to break free more often than I'd like to admit. So if you can live without having a gap closer, you're probably going to be better off.

Now ultimates, aside from the obvious reasons, are very important to Mag DKs since the Battle Roar passive restores resources whenever you cast an ultimate. Because of this, try to level your Earthen Heart skill line enough to at least unlock the first Battle Roar passive, and preferably the second one if you can. I like to use Take Flight for good single target burst, and Devouring Swarm for healing and AOE damage when dealing with multiple enemies. I'll generally use Take Flight against 1-3 enemies, and Devouring Swarm for 3+, but that is far from a strict rule, and you just have to make your best judgement based on the situation. Once you've got your DOTs ticking, you can use Take Flight as a finisher by hitting an enemy with Power Lash then immediately casting the ultimate. If you're really struggling with putting somebody away, you can even time a Draw Essence explosion to go off with Power Lash and then Take Flight for really strong burst damage. As far as Bats goes, I love using this ultimate in a crowd of enemies along with Draw Essence. Jump in there, use Draw Essence, Talons, Bats, and then start applying Burning Embers to as many people as possible, re-casting Draw Essence when the explosion goes off, and casting Powerlash on low-health enemies to try to finish them off. Be careful though, as once you cast Bats in a crowd of enemies, people will try to CC you and run away, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to pop an immovable pot first if you have one, or otherwise be prepared to block and CC break as needed. You can also use Elusive Mist once you cast Bats to chase enemies and avoid getting CCed, but you won't be able to use your other skills to keep applying damage, so there definitely is a trade-off there.

There are some other skills you may find useful that I slot from time to time, and if you're planning on bring your character into BWB at a lower level, you'll probably need to slot some of these instead of skills like Draw Essence. Igneous Shields is a very strong skill since it grants you Major Mending, increasing your healing by 25%. While there is no doubt that a 25% boost to healing can be very powerful, I don't use it often because I find that, more often than not, when I reach the point where I really need the additional healing, I'm already taking so much pressure that I'm going to be dead regardless. I'm sure there are fights I've lost that I could've won had I been using Igneous Shield, but I don't feel that it is useful enough to justify replacing another skill on one of my bars. Dragon Fire Scale is another skill that can be useful, especially when you are running into a lot of ranged builds, but it doesn't seem to always reflect when it is supposed to, and can be very expensive to keep up, so I prefer using something else over it. Obsidian Shard and Fossilize/Shattering Rocks could both also be very useful, especially since this build relies a lot on Invasion and Take Flight to CC enemies. I think that the morph choice between Fossilize and Shattering Rocks is kind of a tossup; Fossilize is nice since it is an immobilize and a CC, forcing an enemy to use stamina to both break free and dodge roll, and Shattering Rocks is nice because it can set enemies off balance, allowing you to get an instant Power Lash proc.

As far as leveling priorities go, most of the essential abilities you need are unlocked fairly quickly, with Draw Essence really being the only ability that will take a while to unlock, especially if you become a vampire ASAP. I'd recommend focusing on leveling Resto Staff for Healing Ward and Earthen Heart for the Battle Roar passive, as you will be able to unlock Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Talons, Volatile Armor, and Igneous Weapons really quickly. Even unlocking Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm shouldn't take very long, especially if you become a vampire early on in the leveling process. Outside of that, focus your leveling on whatever skills you think you might want. You could level Ardent Flame to unlock Engulfing Flames (the skill line also has some pretty good passives), Draconic Power to unlock Dragon Scale and Draw Essence, or Earthen Heart to unlock Igneous Shield and Fossilize/Shattering Rocks.

Ultimately, the way I play this build, it relies heavily on constantly keeping your DOTs up so you can finish off your enemy with a Draw Essence explosion+Power Lash+Take Flight burst finish. It also relies on using Talons and Elusive Mist to avoid as much damage as possible while you wait for your ultimate to be ready for both the burst finish and to regain resources. In my experience, Magicka DK is a lot harder to play than other builds, but just practice, keep with it, and find what works best for you, and you'll be surprised with how powerful it can be once you start feeling more comfortable with your build. Also know that this is far from the only type of build out there. I know people that have used Destro/Resto, Destro/S&B, S&B/S&B, etc. While, as I said in the beginning, this is probably far more information than anybody needed to know about my build, hopefully you, and anybody else who may be reading, can get some useful information out of it to apply to their own build.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I use the Witchmother's Potent Brew food buff for increased Max Health, Max Magicka, and Magicka recovery.
    Edited by ColoursYouHave on February 1, 2017 2:06AM
    Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    Thanks for taking the time to give all that advice. It helps a lot bc I've never played with DK and I don't completely know what I'm doing yet. I was thinking of going destro/resto but I might take your advice and go with the s/b instead of destro for the gap closer + tankyness. Anyway, thank you and I'm gonna level my skills to fit something close to the build you laid out here.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I'm leveling a magdk and need advice on what skills I need to level/how to be good at it. If anyone has advice or can point me in the direction of a good build it would be greatly appreciated.
    edited, removed due to me not reading correctly and posting a build video for magnb cause.....sometimes, I'm a lil slow.
    Edited by TipsyDrow on February 1, 2017 2:55AM
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

So peeps are goin off about this not being included with Sub. Now, we sub, we have since launch and honestly I dont mind. Its an expansion, its not a dlc, dlcs are included in sub, expansions arent. Do I like spending money, nope... will I, *** yes. LOL

yesyesyes!!!! 10/10 would recommend WILL buy!! new class, 4v4v4 Battlegrounds, Morrowind.....

Tosses purse at ZOS, take it!! BATTLEGROUNDS!!!! RAWRRR!!!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    So I'm leveling a magdk and need advice on what skills I need to level/how to be good at it. If anyone has advice or can point me in the direction of a good build it would be greatly appreciated.
    edited, removed due to me not reading correctly and posting a build video for magnb cause.....sometimes, I'm a lil slow.

That's okay, I play with a magnb now :) Im all about the magika. No more stam for me anytime soon.
    Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loooong fight for de-emp at Ash, but how about that Mnem chase! Tri fraction chaos everywhere!
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • Shotavin
    Shotavin
    Soul Shriven
    Oh my goodness, Mnem was such a mess lol. But still was fun. Had some good fights throughout the evening! :)
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to play my new sorc last night. At first I was worried it was awful because I had four or five pretty quick deaths to horse gankers and then there was a group of eight+ dc camping the Alesia, roe bridge. But I was lucky enough to jump in and help @Shotavin (who I might have accidentally tossed a frag at - sorry!) and Silky and we wiped what ended up being more than ten in a little tri faction fun.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooooo, who is todays DC Emp?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .... oh wait...no ... no where near top lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Sooooo, who is todays DC Emp?

Dunno, but I do know Sora wants it, I heard that's the only reason he came back to bwb.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is emp and how do I get it
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night at Ash I pushed in when all the NPCs were down on the back flag and set up a bunch of siege on the inner. Felt cool to be the only AD in there and sieging DC from their own back flag.

But that's also where I found out I killed Sora. BwB is so lucky that we have both of our famed toxic players at one time. Maybe I'll be told how my parents raised me wrong based on a video game again. One can only hope and dream.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Defialed ep not allowed to have emp ... sorry man .... u missed the fine print when joining the campaign :P
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's meeeeeeeeeeeeeee ( although I haven't logged back in, hope you guys didn't steal it from me while I was asleep!)
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    @Defialed ep not allowed to have emp ... sorry man .... u missed the fine print when joining the campaign :P

:C o ok
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @Defialed seriously though... im very happy with EP stepping it up lately... its been making some excellent fights!

Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    lol @Defialed seriously though... im very happy with EP stepping it up lately... its been making some excellent fights!
    I am also proud of them but unfortunately, I have not been apart of it. That's all silky and the other small group that runs over there. I'm still playing on AD if and when I even do get on atm.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sora wants Emp? I guess I get to gate camp real soon B)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss emp being what it was back in the day. Now-a-days you just become twice that player that you normally are. but before...BEFORE. You became a demi-god. I miss my infinite roll dodging build. granted I never argued with them nerfing emp but still lol. good times.

edit: I should probably note that they didn't really nerf emp, it just changed each meta gradually becoming more balanced.
    Edited by Mjollo on February 1, 2017 3:54PM
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they should mention that getting emp also grants 100% more hate tells and 200% more 'all gang up on him to get that dye!' -ism.

Also, just logged back in and saw the map. I felt a tiny bit bad :/
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats the map look like now?

Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well EP just took back Farragut... Map was 108 for DC, 0 for everyone else. I was tempted to go look for a fight there, but I needed to conveniently complete the very important task of dyeing my outfit instead.

The traitor

Options
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I feel like they should mention that getting emp also grants 100% more hate tells and 200% more 'all gang up on him to get that dye!' -ism.

Also, just logged back in and saw the map. I felt a tiny bit bad :/
    They're all just jealous because Ruby Throne Red is the best red in the game! :P
    Edited by Mjollo on February 1, 2017 4:04PM
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I like how Regicide Red is just not as good as Ruby Red. Nobody says 'I want a really nice burgundy'.

The traitor

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I never got hate messages as emp. Mostly people would just tell me they were terrified and to have fun. That's what I love about the community - with few exceptions it's uniformly positive.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I never got hate messages as emp. Mostly people would just tell me they were terrified and to have fun. That's what I love about the community - with few exceptions it's uniformly positive.

Oh yea, they're exceptions for sure but it went from 0 hate tells in a week to 3 in 20 minutes lol.
    Edited by gabriebe on February 1, 2017 4:11PM

The traitor

Options
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Hah I remember you as emp, and how much I needed to run like hell if I saw you.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one? I'm debating doing some emp pushes in the coming weeks, but not really sure if I'll have the time or the internet connection. I do my rural medicine rotation and I'll basically just be looking at diabetic feet/telling folks to quit smoking for a few hours in the morning.

I think my relatively recent magsorc emp has been my dirtiest emp. Either that or my vicious death bomber emp before they nerfed proxy. But you couldn't run from that one - he just came out of cloak and then folks died. I had a strong stam sorc emp too with a S&B/dw build. I remember dropping dawnbreaker of smiting every 5-10 seconds in big fights. All my magDK emps have felt a little underwhelming. Same with my 2h/bow stamsorc emp.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.