The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Auction House

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solus wrote: »
    I do not. However I do think the auction house system needs some refinement.

The biggest issue I have is while searching. Say you want something like a "Ring of Agility". So you type that in and you hit search....

Page 1 - Empty
    Page 2 - Empty
    Page 3 - Empty
    Page 4 - Empty
    Page 5 - 1..way over priced
    Page 6 -Empty
    Page 7 - 43 - Empty
    Page 44 - A normal priced ring

Why the hell do we need to go through all these useless empty pages for 2 items. Just show us 1 page with 2 listings...LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO IN EXISTENCE.

i have never seen an empty page on a guild trader - unless it had 'your search yielded no results' (or words to that effect) at the top of it.

try searching for something, like under weapons tab, and type in agility.

There are pages that will be completely empty because not all of the weapons are agility weapons, but there are pages and pages of weapons. just an example

generally i just use the drop downs. i find that to be a useful and effective filter.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So. After deciding to go buy and Item I realize how bad system is and I have to search a hundred vendors for one item... When if we had an Auction house I would know if this item was for sale or not.

So ZoS time to get with the times and make an Auction house. -Casts Necromancy.-
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. After deciding to go buy and Item I realize how bad system is and I have to search a hundred vendors for one item... When if we had an Auction house I would know if this item was for sale or not.

So ZoS time to get with the times and make an Auction house. -Casts Necromancy.-

And why did we need to necro this thread exactly....

It's been decided, we are not getting an auction house.

You people continue to do this to poor ol' ZOS...

WTDnnwE.gif

So don't. Drop it.
    Edited by arena25 on May 27, 2017 1:26AM
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I suggested in many AH threads was a conversion of both ESO's guild trader way and a centralized AH.

1. Centralized Marketers in each major city zone
    2. Gather all info of every guild items in that zone to those marketers
    3. Sell profit still goes to guilds and you still have to bid for those locations to be able to sell to public
    4. Remove 100 item search limit cause its annoying
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on May 27, 2017 1:36AM
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I suggested in many AH threads was a conversion of both ESO's guild trader way and a centralized AH.

1. Centralized Marketers in each major city zone
    2. Gather all info of every guild items in that zone to those marketers
    3. Sell profit still goes to guilds and you still have to bid for those locations to be able to sell to public
    4. Remove 100 item search limit cause its annoying

This would be simply amazing. Would make my searches much easier.
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an easier time actually farming the goods I'm looking for than using the Market in this game. This market is the worst I've seen ever.

If ZoS was so worried about how someone could buy all cheap goods and resell them for more how did they not see how you could bid on all vendors and sell them for more? This is actually done on PS4 NA so don't tell me I'm dreaming.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't you silly ducks notice this was a necro from last year? O_o
    Edited by Stovahkiin on May 27, 2017 3:58AM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This necro's on fiyyaahhhh"
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignore this post....didn't realize thread was so old
    Edited by CardboardedBox on May 27, 2017 2:22PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A global auction house would be one of the worst things to happen to this game.

Oh by all the daedra you nailed that one.

The flippers would have a field day.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was said a lot of times probably but I will say it again.
    The reason behind people want to have an "Auction House" is quite simple: Current trading system is terrible.
    It is too "elite", closed system with the same trading guilds taking up the same spots over and over again. In other words bids on most vendor NPCs are simply rigged.

Furthermore - Even if you have a guild you will be lucky to actually "have" a vendor NPC, even in some obscure place. And you will be lucky even more if you will manage to keep that spot for a longer period of time. And paying gold fee / toll for the fact that you are in a specific guild is simply bad practise.

And the most terrible part about this system is this: most of people do not even know how this system works.. all they can do is spamm "WTS : xyz" on zone chat and hope for the best.... :*

I think that an "Auction House" as a place where there are "Auctions" going on - is also bad idea. There was this big problem with other mmo (WoW i think) where auctions where rigged by richest guilds and the prices on global market wnet insanly high.

The best solution would be to simply add idk.. 3 NPCs (1 per faction/alliance) that will house all "independent" traders (solo players / small guild players). And of course - something like that might weaken the position of current trading guilds.. So to prevent that some limit of max item that a "solo player" or a "small guilds" can sell could solve this problem - 1 item per week, or something like that.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »

Because duplicating threads is against the forum ToS. So, if people feel compelled to state their opinions they are forced to comment on already existing/ necro threads and hit on dead horses.
    Edited by Vizikul on May 27, 2017 3:26PM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizikul wrote: »
    arena25 wrote: »

Because duplicating threads is against the forum ToS. So, if people feel compelled to state their opinions they are forced to comment on already existing/ necro threads and hit on dead horses.

Actually necroing is technically against the rules too. And Zeni won't close a topic if it has been discussed before. Zeni typically only does that if one or two people keep making the same thread with the same title over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I think auction houses make prices higher and it further cuts into social interactions with your fellow players. There would be no such thing as a trading guild which is a pretty cool concept since its actually a trading guild. At present, we still have the possibility of finding good deals in our guild stores or with traders. If its all on one then it will just go further up in price as the pricing will become completely standardized. Not everyone prices the same currently and traders have to bid on their spots so they can't be known as the overpriced store to the general populace. But worse is that an auction house isn't ran by players. You just dump your crap on it and set a price then pick up your gold. Where's the rpg in that? We don't have to cut out every facet of one just to assist people from doing a bit of traveling. Now they'd be wanting an auctioneer in their house.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crowns spent per player does it take to buy a centralized AH??????

Cannot stress how much we NEED one!! The only people I have heard say no to this (in-game) have been players that are making a killing on gouging others due to how it is right now. The current system is great "ON PAPER", but in reality, all it does is make players do one of three things:

1- Spend entirely too much time (I have spent my entire play time available on too many days) sorting through hundreds of thousands of items (no search bar, bad filters, etc)
    2- Spend only a little time, and pay an extremely high price for whatever they want, because they don't want to do the first option.
    3- Ignore the traders and just go spend hours upon hours farming the items.

NONE of these are FUN options, and this is a game, supposed to be FUN! Instead, ZOS is subjecting their players to a form of abuse akin to an internet provider sending their customers to off-shore foreign tech support that doesn't speak the language and only reads from scripts. Honestly, that is about how going to look through traders generally feels.
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    No. No. And double-no.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not all the players in this game. I don't want one and I don't belong to a trading guild. I don't even sell in the guild store. I usually just put stuff I think others might be interested into one of my guild's banks. I do not like auction houses. I would like improvements to the current trader interface. There are some traders I've learned will just about always have what I'm looking for (what bit I use other players droppings). The price remains a bit fluid but you always see this one guy selling twice or more than the median prices. That's what I fear will happen except with the ability to buy all available stock of an item, that one guy can control the entire price of it across the world with just a few mouse clicks. At least now they'd have to travel far and wide to do that. Just find a good trading guild you trust. Its not that hard. I have a handful. Not sure what to do if they lose their spots though but I still like it better than auction houses.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zergbase_ESO
    I have never had to search 100s of vendors to find what I want. The only time I have had issues finding something is when it is in such high demand that it was selling fast. Probably not easy to find bad sets also since most people will just vendor or decon sets that would poorly perform.

I am so glad Zos does not use the old tired central kiosk and most glad they do not use an antiquated auction house.

It has been clear, due to the limited support of this idea. few are really interested in it. Most of those that are interested in selling and buying have overwhelmingly been interested in keeping the current system. I am pleased Zos does not bend to the minority on this.
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    OP is just a lazy sod.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've felt it necessary to put this thread down, as it seemed to have died some time ago. At this time we'd like to try and keep Draugr threads from roaming around front page, pushing down newer and more lively threads. Feel free to discuss this topic on a more recent thread on the subject.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    The auction house, or a remote access to such system, is the only reason I'd need a player house.
    Like GTN in SWTOR, no more needed to go to the Fleet to use GTN, instead have my own trading panel in the house.
    The only problem is huge competitiveness, causing significant drop on all prices.
    So no, lets stay with actual traders. Swtor's GTN has the same amount of cons and pros.

No SWTOR's GTN does not have the same amount of pros and cons. Significant prices drops is what we need, no more guild trader extortion.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »
    Gargath wrote: »
    The auction house, or a remote access to such system, is the only reason I'd need a player house.
    Like GTN in SWTOR, no more needed to go to the Fleet to use GTN, instead have my own trading panel in the house.
    The only problem is huge competitiveness, causing significant drop on all prices.
    So no, lets stay with actual traders. Swtor's GTN has the same amount of cons and pros.

No SWTOR's GTN does not have the same amount of pros and cons. Significant prices drops is what we need, no more guild trader extortion.

I have not seen any guild trader extortion. Plenty of guild traders in good areas that do not charge fees. SWTOR GTN was lousy. Price drop was real. Gold seller manipulation was there in a big way.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Whoops! Forgot to actually close the thread, now it's closed, enjoy the day all.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.