The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Auction House

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    grom1024 wrote: »
    If it is thought that crafting is a good way to make gold, think again. It has never been worth trying to sell crafted gear. Selling crafted enchantments yes, actual gear, no. One has to look for those posting in chat they want someone to craft certain gear for them to make that work.

This is not the way to make gold precisely because of the current system that heavily restricts market diversity. I've made a lot of gold in other game from crafting. Even low level crafted items sold, because potential buyers were able to find them with reasonable efforts.

Low-level crafted items sold here too until ZOS devalued crafted items by removing the level bonus, and this was in the days both before and after the Guild Traders existed. To a degree, they still do... but not through the traders. They sell through the Guilds themselves.

At least one of my Guilds (trading) contains people putting crafting requests onto chat 5-6 times an hour... and I only get to play during the off-hours for EU PC. I would imagine it is considerably busier during the on-hours.

The AH encourages solo play. One player on their own is able to buy, list and sell whatever they like with no contact with another human being required. The current system in ESO places incentives on a mix of Guild and Kiosk contact. It supports social contact for niche items and provides the Traders as a decent way of getting hold of basic/common ones.

I really like it. The UI bites, and text search needs to come to every platform, but the concept itself is one I enjoy greatly... and actually I do most of my business outside of the Kiosks through Guild or Zone chat. You know what is even better than a one-off sale through an AH? Making a good enough impression on a new crafting client that they come to you for every set they need. I've probably had dozens of those on my books over the last couple of years. Some even turned into lasting group-mates. All of that came about through a degree of contact required by this system that, I think, would be missing with a global AH.

That is why I disagree with the idea, and will continue to do so.

Did you just seriously claim an AH promotes solo play? LMAO. Now youre seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

How many people does it require for you to list and sell an item on the AH? How many do you have to personally converse with to buy one?

Edit: But just to be nice, I will say rather that an AH fails to promote player interaction in trading in the same way that I think the Guild/Guild Trader system in ESO does, i.e. I won't slap those other MMOs with a negative, I will credit ESO with a positive.

Yeah because its a real group effort with Trade Guilds. Join a group of strangers, make sure you contribute your weekly dues and then sell your items to complete strangers.

Iluvrien has figured it out guys. Trade Guilds are on the forefront of keeping dirty casual solo play at bay in this game. We can all go home and rest easy.

and you completely ignore what he said about player interaction... nice job
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    As for the majority base there is no way of knowing where the majority stands on this issue. A very small percentage of players actually post to these forums and this issue is usually split mostly even when a thread gets posted. You are lucky if you get twenty peoples opinions in a thread like this and twenty is nowhere near a majority.

Let's add AH to the game and let people vote with their feet. This would be most objective research. :wink:

I agree with this statement... and I would bet all the gold that I have that more people would use the new AH than the current Guild Trader system and the main reason behind that is TIME.. people will value their game time more than their gold!!

Hammy!!
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    As for the majority base there is no way of knowing where the majority stands on this issue. A very small percentage of players actually post to these forums and this issue is usually split mostly even when a thread gets posted. You are lucky if you get twenty peoples opinions in a thread like this and twenty is nowhere near a majority.

Let's add AH to the game and let people vote with their feet. This would be most objective research. :wink:

I don't walk into MacDonalds and rally the customers to vote that they serve shrimp. If you don't like what ZOS servers on it's platter...then, well, WoW has an auction house.

That is a really bad analogy....

McDonalds often has surveys and changes up their menus based on what the customers ask for. Incase you don't remember they did just recently started offering all day breakfast (because people have been asking for it for so long).

Hammy!!
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people think that this idea would make guild stores obsolete, perhaps it could simply cost more to use a guild house as opposed to selling in a guild store.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I agree with this statement... and I would bet all the gold that I have that more people would use the new AH than the current Guild Trader system and the main reason behind that is TIME.. people will value their game time more than their gold!!

Hammy!!

Of course more people would use AH, even with different selling fees I don't see that both could exist side by side, that wouldn't prove AH is better or more popular though. It would be a lot easier for buyers to find stuff on AH and sellers would get almost instant sales if they undercut the market. The only reason someone would buy from a guild trader if they both existed is if they could get a big enough bargain to make it worth their while, but for sellers they wouldn't get enough of a premium over just listing on the AH so they wouldn't use the guild traders either. It wouldn't be a choice between the two it would be a necessity.

Particularly on console with no add ons the UI needs improving with more specific searching, I also wouldn't mind an NPC khajiit in each city who would give you a combined listing of all the traders in that city, you could buy direct for a small fee or then go search the traders for the right one listing the item you're after.

But no to an AH, it would be a short term win for lower level players but once at end game and you start searching for your arcane willpower jewellery or whatever you'll find the cost of these rarer items has gone through the roof and as you're not getting as much for stuff you can sell you'll basically never be able to get some of the best gear without relying on rng and getting it for yourself which you can do now. Personally I don't have that much time to play so don't want to be spending it hoping for good rng drops farming the same content every time I play. I'm not mega rich, I've got about 500k, but I make a decent amount from the guild traders flipping items using about half an hour of my time each week. I use the gold I make to buy items I want so I don't have to rely on rng and I can just play the game.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    No auction house. Put on your big boy panties and join a trading guild like the rest of us.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    Capitalism is an open market.

LOL.

Excuse me while I go work on my mom-n-pop auto manufacturing venture.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders
    • It's not the typical MMO approach.
    • It feels more immersive to have a store front.
    • The approach is working for end game sellers quite well
    • It allows buyers to travel around looking for a bargain
    • Auction Houses can be gamed too easily (I imagine this is especially true on PC where third party add-ons are going to be an issue).

Pro-AH (or any other alternative)
    • It's too hard to find the items you want (unless they're the high demand items)
    • The market only caters to end game players
    • It's hard to get into the market, having to join a good trade guild
    • Lack of chat on consoles is a big issue when it comes to being part of the market

Anything I've missed?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Pro-Guild Traders
    • Auction Houses can be gamed too easily (I imagine this is especially true on PC where third party add-ons are going to be an issue).

• It's too hard to find the items you want (unless they're the high demand items)
    • Lack of chat on consoles is a big issue when it comes to being part of the market

Anything I've missed?

Nope, that is pretty much it. Now to address the negatives, sellers will only list items in the AH that have demand for as there is always a cost to listing things in the AH, it is typical gold sink for MMOs. Thus the market will remain catering to end game players as this game caters to end game players... Why would you sell items from Cp1 - CP160 if players only ever go through those 'levels' once? The demand would simply be too small.

As for it being hard to enter the market... It really isn't that hard. Any of the large guilds has a waiting list and you can enter it... Staying in one of the large guilds is hard, but if you are not able or willing to dedicate part of your time to trading, then you really don't need a trading guild, do you? Go for a more casual one with sellers in less popular areas, your stuff will still sell, even if it takes a little longer. That or simply sell it in chat, if it is an item people actually use, it will sell fast. Well, that if your price is good.

And the last item... It is being addressed in a month. I pretty sure it won't work perfectly because when was any new feature released for consoles actually working? But hey, it will work eventually and an AH released on Consoles would have just as many bugs.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do people realize this would actually make it more difficult for certain players to get items? sure you will be able to find them easier but say you see something you want but you don't have the gold on you so you take a trip to the bank to get your gold but when you come back to buy the item to realize someone just brought it, that doesn't happen with the method we have now because it takes time for everyone to look through the guild traders.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people realize this would actually make it more difficult for certain players to get items? sure you will be able to find them easier but say you see something you want but you don't have the gold on you so you take a trip to the bank to get your gold but when you come back to buy the item to realize someone just brought it, that doesn't happen with the method we have now because it takes time for everyone to look through the guild traders.

So a reason to keep the guild traders is because its inefficient for buyers? Inefficient to the point that you, being poorly prepared to purchase an item can still purchase the item before other buyers?

C'mon that's a terrible line of reasoning. If anything that's a reason to get an a more efficient player market because buyers are missing out on those deals due to a lack of readily available information.
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders

Anything I've missed?

• It is possible to buy and sell narrow niche items (like level low-level specific sets). So trading will not be only about mats and high level BoE sets. Gathering a low level set takes too much time and success of operation is determined in advance.
    • It is possible to sell more crafted items (popular sets, lower level enchants, etc) and there will be no need for everyone to have a crafter character or to seek crafters out there
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders

Anything I've missed?

• It is possible to buy and sell narrow niche items (like level low-level specific sets). So trading will not be only about mats and high level BoE sets. Gathering a low level set takes too much time and success of operation is determined in advance.
    • It is possible to sell more crafted items (popular sets, lower level enchants, etc) and there will be no need for everyone to have a crafter character or to seek crafters out there

So can you explain to me why weakening the impact that the crafting community has even further is a good thing?
    Edited by Iluvrien on July 25, 2016 3:43PM
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not particularly wild about an auction house. There's something to be said about going to a storefront and milling about with other shoppers. However, I wouldn't object to the following:

a) A Trader Info Desk where you can look up a particular item and find out at which kiosks it's for sale.
    b) An option for guilds to allow non-member sales with a higher percentage going to guild and an additional cut for ESO.
    c) Additional guild traders added to game.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought it would be a good idea, but now I'm against it. After putting some time into using guild traders the last few nights it's so easy to make gold!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is thought that crafting is a good way to make gold, think again. It has never been worth trying to sell crafted gear. Selling crafted enchantments yes, actual gear, no. One has to look for those posting in chat they want someone to craft certain gear for them to make that work.

This is not the way to make gold precisely because of the current system that heavily restricts market diversity. I've made a lot of gold in other game from crafting. Even low level crafted items sold, because potential buyers were able to find them with reasonable efforts.

Low-level crafted items sold here too until ZOS devalued crafted items by removing the level bonus, and this was in the days both before and after the Guild Traders existed. To a degree, they still do... but not through the traders. They sell through the Guilds themselves.

At least one of my Guilds (trading) contains people putting crafting requests onto chat 5-6 times an hour... and I only get to play during the off-hours for EU PC. I would imagine it is considerably busier during the on-hours.

The AH encourages solo play. One player on their own is able to buy, list and sell whatever they like with no contact with another human being required. The current system in ESO places incentives on a mix of Guild and Kiosk contact. It supports social contact for niche items and provides the Traders as a decent way of getting hold of basic/common ones.

I really like it. The UI bites, and text search needs to come to every platform, but the concept itself is one I enjoy greatly... and actually I do most of my business outside of the Kiosks through Guild or Zone chat. You know what is even better than a one-off sale through an AH? Making a good enough impression on a new crafting client that they come to you for every set they need. I've probably had dozens of those on my books over the last couple of years. Some even turned into lasting group-mates. All of that came about through a degree of contact required by this system that, I think, would be missing with a global AH.

Did you just seriously claim an AH promotes solo play? LMAO. Now youre seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

How many people does it require for you to list and sell an item on the AH? How many do you have to personally converse with to buy one?

Edit: But just to be nice, I will say rather that an AH fails to promote player interaction in trading in the same way that I think the Guild/Guild Trader system in ESO does, i.e. I won't slap those other MMOs with a negative, I will credit ESO with a positive.

Yeah because its a real group effort with Trade Guilds. Join a group of strangers, make sure you contribute your weekly dues and then sell your items to complete strangers.

Iluvrien has figured it out guys. Trade Guilds are on the forefront of keeping dirty casual solo play at bay in this game. We can all go home and rest easy.

Player interaction is completely unnecessary beyond the initial request/admission to the guild. Player Interaction isnt even a real argument to stand on in regards to the game economy. The design prevents the vast majority from participating even if they were to join an active Trade Guild as theres no guarantee they will net a Guild Trader. Its great that the very small percentage of players that are in the Guilds that can net a Guild Trader are having a grand ole time while doing it. But what of the Guilds that cant muster that? What of the players that cant get into one of these Guilds?

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Player interaction is completely unnecessary beyond the initial request/admission to the guild. Player Interaction isnt even a real argument to stand on in regards to the game economy. The design prevents the vast majority from participating even if they were to join an active Trade Guild as theres no guarantee they will net a Guild Trader. Its great that the very small percentage of players that are in the Guilds that can net a Guild Trader are having a grand ole time while doing it. But what of the Guilds that cant muster that? What of the players that cant get into one of these Guilds?

the guy was talking about selling direct to other players - something i do myself. the whole thing that you can't sell stuff if you are not in a trade guild is just nonsense...
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭

So can you explain to me why weakening the impact that the crafting community has even further is a good thing?

How will this weaken the impact the crafting community has? Will it not make it stronger? For example..I have a crafting toon who has all crafting skills nearly maxed out. I use him to craft low level sets for my alts I am leveling. Do I enjoy crafting? so-so, meh. If I could buy low level sets easier, which an AH would likely result in, I wouldnt bother leveling my craft skills and my limited play time would be spent enjoying what I do in game much more.
    Maybe I;m being selfish/lazy but I think the vast majority ( IMO) would enjoy there experience much more with a centralized AH. ( at least altaholics, limited play time types like me)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    I can't find what I want when I need it either. It's simple. If you can't find what you want when you need it then it's crap.

I got a giggle out of this.

I like the current system because it is how trading worked. Or close enough.

Yes, it takes effort. Yes you sometimes have to show around. Yes, sometimes I can't find exactly what I want exactly when I want it at exactly the price I would prefer to pay for it.

I think that is a good thing. I think about spending, choosing and so on.

And for that matter, I'd love to have everything in the game BoE; there are places I will never be able to go - but even saying that, I would probably not be able to afford them.

And that's okay too.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zolron wrote: »
    Do I enjoy crafting? so-so, meh. If I could buy low level sets easier, which an AH would likely result in, I wouldnt bother leveling my craft skills and my limited play time would be spent enjoying what I do in game much more.
    Maybe I;m being selfish/lazy but I think the vast majority ( IMO) would enjoy there experience much more with a centralized AH. ( at least altaholics, limited play time types like me)

I am an alt-o-holic with limited playtime and I enjoy puttering around, visiting kiosks (yes, I actually "window shop").

I would NOT enjoy a centralized AH; the high-end moneymaking types would quickly buy up anything at a relatively low price and flip it. There would be no bargains, no surprises, and I would be able to afford even less.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    No auction house. Put on your big boy panties and join a trading guild like the rest of us.

Every trading guild I have tried to join has requirements that I cannot meet. They require minimum log in hours (4 + hours daily or your kicked) , mandatory raid attendance (most 5 per week), monetary tribute, etc. I have a life, business, job, family, so I can't and have no interest in meeting those requirements.

I realize they have reasons for this, but for the rest of us that do more than live inside the game, we don't have options to sell stuff other than in guild or peddling in a busy zone. I like the game a lot as its superior to any other MMO I have played. But the one single thing I don't is the difficulty selling. I won't mention console text chat and housing because they are both coming.

I would be all for an auction house even if the cost to sell was higher. It would probably even out anyway, considering the high guild tribute I have seen.

Big boy panties? Perhaps for those who have nothing else to do but game...
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders

Anything I've missed?

Crafter community will have a greater impact, because not everyone has to be crafter. Everyone I talked around have a crafting alt, some like crafting and some do not. Only those who like crafting will need to level up crafting. All others will just buy off AH equipment targeted to particular segment. This would be particularly useful for those who level up the first character, they have to use more skill points to compensate for lack of CP and beginner-level playing skill. So both crafters and non-crafters will benefit from AH.

Filling AH with useful items will not be trivial task, as crafter will have to study different build guides to make items will actually sell.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    It really does seem like stuff that isn't CP160 isn't properly available(it seems almost rng to find gear in a trader too hahaha) which is why I'm grinding quests for those last 11 levels right now. That way I can hopefully start to equalise the donations I'm putting in, I earned 50k one day but the rest of the week I earned around 3k the whole time so unless there's always a day of the week where it's high money for me im getting to 160 asap haha.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders

Anything I've missed?

You can remove the "gamed too easily" line. There is an addon that reports store items and price to a server that displays what is essentially an online auction house interface. You still have to go get it, but you no longer have to look for it.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScottK wants an ESO Walmart instead of a bunch of ESO mom'n'pop stores
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    johu31 wrote: »

Every trading guild I have tried to join has requirements that I cannot meet. They require minimum log in hours (4 + hours daily or your kicked) , mandatory raid attendance (most 5 per week), monetary tribute, etc. I have a life, business, job, family, so I can't and have no interest in meeting those requirements.

I realize they have reasons for this, but for the rest of us that do more than live inside the game, we don't have options to sell stuff other than in guild or peddling in a busy zone. I like the game a lot as its superior to any other MMO I have played. But the one single thing I don't is the difficulty selling. I won't mention console text chat and housing because they are both coming.

I would be all for an auction house even if the cost to sell was higher. It would probably even out anyway, considering the high guild tribute I have seen.

Big boy panties? Perhaps for those who have nothing else to do but game...

So, I take it 4+ hours per day is some XBox thing? The game sure don't tell you that!

Why does a trading guild have a raid requirement?

Meh. You need to find better guilds.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those requirements are absolutely nuts. I've been in many trading guilds and never seen anything even remotely like that. I agree with @lordrichter, find another guild.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a life, business, job, family, so I can't and have no interest in meeting those requirements.

I realize they have reasons for this, but for the rest of us that do more than live inside the game, we don't have options to sell stuff other than in guild or peddling in a busy zone.

This is the perfect example of a player who would really benefit from a casual trading guild ... rather than an Auction House or large trading guild.

Large trading guilds are focused on selling. That's what the guild members enjoy doing with their game time. If players "can't and have no interest in meeting (the guild's) requirements" then they are not a good fit for the guild.

In addition, casual trading guilds generally have lower requirements (or no requirements) on players to stay in good standing. Players can sell items at their own pace ... and not feel they're using up all their game time in the guild store. As others posters above me have said ... you might want to spend some time finding the right trading guild.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 25, 2016 11:10PM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I specifically mentioned, in my post, about how joining a trading Guild can net you a lot of contacts and crafting business through the guild itself, not just through the trader. This is comprises about 70% of my daily crafting business. If a Guild can't muster the funds for a Trader this business still exists, it would not if the AH was in place. Player interaction is a real argument, and it is one that many of the Pro-AH posts here are failing to take into account. I will state it plainly:

Not all trading Guild sales are done through a Guild Trader.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pro-Guild Traders

Anything I've missed?

Crafter community will have a greater impact, because not everyone has to be crafter. Everyone I talked around have a crafting alt, some like crafting and some do not. Only those who like crafting will need to level up crafting. All others will just buy off AH equipment targeted to particular segment. This would be particularly useful for those who level up the first character, they have to use more skill points to compensate for lack of CP and beginner-level playing skill. So both crafters and non-crafters will benefit from AH.

Filling AH with useful items will not be trivial task, as crafter will have to study different build guides to make items will actually sell.

Not everyone has to be a crafter now. So why do people seem to choose to have a crafter alt? When I've asked people in the past, the common theme has been that they didn't want to have deal with finding or dealing with a crafter. Certainly the AH would help with that, they wouldn't have to deal with people... but how exactly is that a community?

Do you know what helps with this issue, really helps? Joining a crafting or trading guild that gives you access to multiple people who can meet your needs, or even getting to know a crafter on a regular basis. Once you have, then getting anything you need is trivial. Having a couple of people on your friends list, or on your Guild forum that you can throw a message (or e-mail) at means that you don't even have to go to the trouble of going to the AH. The player gets convenience, the crafter gets repeat business. It is a reciprocal relationship that benefits both... and you want to replace that with a series of one-off anonymous sales? No thanks.
This discussion has been closed.