The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil, Cheating/Exploiting, & You

• pogopwns_ESO
    pogopwns_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @pogopwns_ESO The issue with power bash has been around since 1.4 or so. You can perma-cc a player if you time things right.

yeah @Crown it's becoming more of a problem with more players using sword and board in small groups to accommodate the new meta, just to CC lock people. I've sat in CCs for 3-5+ seconds, with 20k+ stam, spamming break free, and just slowly get killed cause I can't break it.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone @ZOS please just take 5 minutes to look at what is going on in my the ps4 eu thornblade server. A blue is in god mode, unkillable, infinite everything, murdering everyone.

I have submitted a ticket but this is the most obvious case of cheating your ever gonna see

Have a laugh lol
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »
    Can someone @ZOS please just take 5 minutes to look at what is going on in my the ps4 eu thornblade server. A blue is in god mode, unkillable, infinite everything, murdering everyone.

I have submitted a ticket but this is the most obvious case of cheating your ever gonna see

Have a laugh lol

Working as intended, will address in the next patch. Good luck. They like to take their time "investigating".
    We Wipe On Trash
    Vivian Naiviv CP Altmer Sorcerer
    Shivnado the Potato CP Redguard Sorcerer
    Cüddle Mönster CP Argonian Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact Spy CP Dunmer Dragonknight
    Delilah Blackheart CP Redguard Dragonknight
    My Best Friend CP Argonian Dragonknight
    Sensual Heals CP Dunmer Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant Spy CP Redguard Templar
    Föcùs-Thê-Hælèr CP Argonian Templar
    Goes-the-Wrong-Way CP Dunmer Nightblade
    Anu'Thir Phuh'Kinspy CP Redguard Nightblade
    Works-in-Sweatshop CP Argonian Nightblade
    Anu'thir Phuh'kin Bearpun CP Altmer Warden
    Bubble Crumbles CP Redguard Warden
    A'driån Kin'hör CP Argonian Warden
    Clearly, your egg was left in the shade too long.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @pogopwns_ESO The issue with power bash has been around since 1.4 or so. You can perma-cc a player if you time things right.

Yes it's been bugged for years and every year we get a new thread but no fix .

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/244434/reverberating-bash/p1
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »

Have a laugh lol

If ZoS cared it would be fixed - in ebony pc eu we have an ep emp and group who exploit gap closers by default, we video and report to ZOS and they simply,ignore - if you expect ZOS to enforce their own rules you might as well be dreaming.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DeclaredJester
    I can confirm the god mode thing. On Xb1 NA. Except this guy was too weak to murder everyone and he wasn't blue.
  • Kymee
    Kymee
    At this point until the grouping bug is fixed I will not be doing any pvp in a game I bought because of its large scale pvp. When that is fixed I will cut my pvp time down to a couple of hours a day until something is done about the cheating and exploiting. The couple of hours I will pvp is to support my guild and friends.

When they quit playing or move on so will I. I have had enough. I believe you ought to hire back people who develop pvp and are interested in actually playing out in Cyrodill. Be visible out in the game, I have never seen a person in charge of developing out in pvp,

This company should be able to maintain a strong bottom line and still be strong and quit caving in to those that are not playing correctly.

Kibbles (Not a cheater, hacker or exploiter)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kymee wrote: »
    At this point until the grouping bug is fixed I will not be doing any pvp in a game I bought because of its large scale pvp. When that is fixed I will cut my pvp time down to a couple of hours a day until something is done about the cheating and exploiting. The couple of hours I will pvp is to support my guild and friends.

When they quit playing or move on so will I. I have had enough. I believe you ought to hire back people who develop pvp and are interested in actually playing out in Cyrodill. Be visible out in the game, I have never seen a person in charge of developing out in pvp,

This company should be able to maintain a strong bottom line and still be strong and quit caving in to those that are not playing correctly.

Kibbles (Not a cheater, hacker or exploiter)

Same boat here, I enjoy this game and the lack of effort ZOS is making to get these cheaters out of the game is disgusting, these are not some hybrid builds that Lambert claims, ZOS is getting fleeced by cheaters they cant even detect and the perception is they are doing nothing to detect them.
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is getting fleeced by cheaters they cant even detect and the perception is they are doing nothing to detect them.

But you can detect them? Tell us who they are, because I havent really seen anyone cheating since zazeer
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mchermie wrote: »
    ZOS is getting fleeced by cheaters they cant even detect and the perception is they are doing nothing to detect them.

But you can detect them? Tell us who they are, because I havent really seen anyone cheating since zazeer

Saturday night a somewhat well known ep near chalgate ran around for well over 5 minutes with 20+ DC beating on him and his health bar took 0 damage. Some of the people hitting him are very heavy hitters throwing out upwards of 12k-15k crits and even above that with their ults. Zero damage. Did someone record it? Idk. I did message the guy and straight up accuse him and he messaged me back with the wink face or some such nonsense. Don't tell me it's not still going on.
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mchermie wrote: »

Anybody who understands the games mechanics and plays in cyrodiil a lot can see a cheater from a mile away. People can close their eyes if they want but if tomorrow there were no cheating you would prolly be shocked at who the average players really are. Just think of many of the "great" players (not all) and then think of these amazing nobodies that pop up every day. Dont be blind and you will see it.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    Anybody who understands the games mechanics and plays in cyrodiil a lot can see a cheater from a mile away. People can close their eyes if they want but if tomorrow there were no cheating you would prolly be shocked at who the average players really are. Just think of many of the "great" players (not all) and then think of these amazing nobodies that pop up every day. Dont be blind and you will see it.

Aw sorry. I dont understand the games mechanics and never play in cyrodiil. My bad
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its clear from Alessia keep just now that the hackers are still around. He made it very obvious too.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night a player was taking the scroll underground in BWB. I sent in a report, as did several other players. The scroll jumped from BM to Nik. A lot of ppl went to Nik and couldn't see the scroll, even though we saw it on the map. And then a player was wanting to "sell" the scroll for a FC to be dropped at BRK, and no FC was needed at BRK. I was told that a FC costs 20K ap and that was "code" for 20K of gold. The scroll suddenly jumped to an area near BRK. I told my group not to go because it was some type of scroll farming. You can see the chat dialog in zone by some DC players, that also play AD mostly. Trying to farm is one thing, but using the underground scroll exploit is another.

This happened around 1:00 EST and you can see the exact time by looking at the reports that filed by several DC players.
    Edited by darvaria on November 11, 2016 9:05PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the exploit with swarm and the crazy proctard sets getting abused to the point it is sickening, I am seeing obvious speed hacks again, I know what fast looks like and I know what the flash looks like, and the flash is not a character in the Elder Scrolls World.

And some of my guild has reported being hit with 10 to 12 specials in less than 2 seconds, the cheat engine seems to be alive and well, I have seen a number of players rezing themselves or there is a new rez exploit able to stay completely stealthed while rezing and showing no signs of being rezed the player just jumps back up, I have stood stealthed by a player and watched them self rez.

Cheating is getting out of had again and I really have no faith in ZOS to do anything about it, these are not some hybrid builds or pro players that Lambert would have you believe these are cheaters and exploiters ruining the game, because they know they can get by with it and ZOS is not doing anything or not will spend the money to detect these third party programs upon launch of the game or activation during play. No these players are not killing me, I am watching them from stealth, defy the laws of game play physics. :(
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the exploit with swarm and the crazy proctard sets getting abused to the point it is sickening, I am seeing obvious speed hacks again, I know what fast looks like and I know what the flash looks like, and the flash is not a character in the Elder Scrolls World.

And some of my guild has reported being hit with 10 to 12 specials in less than 2 seconds, the cheat engine seems to be alive and well, I have seen a number of players rezing themselves or there is a new rez exploit able to stay completely stealthed while rezing and showing no signs of being rezed the player just jumps back up, I have stood stealthed by a player and watched them self rez.

Cheating is getting out of had again and I really have no faith in ZOS to do anything about it, these are not some hybrid builds or pro players that Lambert would have you believe these are cheaters and exploiters ruining the game, because they know they can get by with it and ZOS is not doing anything or not will spend the money to detect these third party programs upon launch of the game or activation during play. No these players are not killing me, I am watching them from stealth, defy the laws of game play physics. :(

Last night there was a certain person who posts on the forums who is quite a prominent well known ganker (loves to showcase his videos) who was in TF, between Bleaks and Chal, running around with about 8 people hitting him with all they had (ults included) and he merely ran around in their damage and was popping off 26k hits on the people around him without a single animation, and he never took one hit to his health. If that isn't blatant and in your face CE use I don't know what is.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I left PvP because all the cheaters killed the game. They got and continue to get rewarded for cheating. I had no recourse other than quit. Folks, shaming cheaters doesn't work because they have no character anyway. Their in-game behavior merely reflects their real life behavior.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    Allright let me get this straight. People got permabanned for using cheat engine? And then unbanned?

Got this info just in time. Thought about spending Crowns big time today. oh well steam autumn sale it'll be.

Pathetic move ZOS. Just pathetic, sorry.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trottz wrote: »
    Allright let me get this straight. People got permabanned for using cheat engine? And then unbanned?

Got this info just in time. Thought about spending Crowns big time today. oh well steam autumn sale it'll be.

Allegedly of course. But there is audio proof out there where a CE exploiter admits to using it, deleting it, and told ZOS they deleted from their computer. That same person was also recently banned along with several others for racial harassment where at least one of the people just night another account and was playing again shortly after.
  • Trottz
    Trottz
    ✭✭✭
    Trottz wrote: »

Allegedly of course. But there is audio proof out there where a CE exploiter admits to using it, deleting it, and told ZOS they deleted from their computer. That same person was also recently banned along with several others for racial harassment where at least one of the people just night another account and was playing again shortly after.

Okay. Thank you for that information.
    There's not just black and white. I'm aware of that.
    Trist'is and Krahl, a.D.

“Show me a mortal who is not pursued, and I’ll show you a corpse. Every hunter is hunted, every mind that knows itself has stalkers. We drive and are driven. The unknown pursues the ignorant, the truth assails every scholar wise enough to know his ignorance, for that is the meaning of unknowable truths.”
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does this mean that everyone who animation cancelling gonna get banned? because lets face it firing off a fully charged heavy attack and a wrecking blow at the same moment (animation cancelling) cannot be considered fair play or intended game mechanics when for normal players like me who do not try to bend the game mechanics to thier benefit, see a 1s delay between heavy attack end, and wrecking blow doing damage and a 2s delay between wrecking blow end and heavy attack doing damage.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    does this mean that everyone who animation cancelling gonna get banned? because lets face it firing off a fully charged heavy attack and a wrecking blow at the same moment (animation cancelling) cannot be considered fair play or intended game mechanics when for normal players like me who do not try to bend the game mechanics to thier benefit, see a 1s delay between heavy attack end, and wrecking blow doing damage and a 2s delay between wrecking blow end and heavy attack doing damage.

AC has been discussed at length on the forum and the people who do it say it's the last bit of skill in the game and they defend it to the hilt. Apparently Zos is also ok with it.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With all the problems this game and dev teams have, animation canceling is the least of the problems.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With all the problems this game and dev teams have, animation canceling is the least of the problems.

Except that this particular case is more than animation cancelling. ANimation cancelling removes the unnecessary animation that comes after the actual skill effect. In the wrecking blow + HA case, the animation is cut but the damage and stun comes afterwards, and that imo is an issue.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Except that this particular case is more than animation cancelling. ANimation cancelling removes the unnecessary animation that comes after the actual skill effect. In the wrecking blow + HA case, the animation is cut but the damage and stun comes afterwards, and that imo is an issue.

I'd say a free downloadable program that can alter the game information sent to the server unchecked to allow major cheats and exploits is a much bigger issue than hiding an animation. Or purposely hiding INSIDE a dolmen in cyrodil where you cannot be damaged but can damage others. Or having 5 different mundus stones. Or running UNDER the map in cyrodil with a scroll so you can't be attacked. Or selling gold for real money. Or allowing someone else to level your character or college content for titles.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Last night there was a certain person who posts on the forums who is quite a prominent well known ganker (loves to showcase his videos) who was in TF, between Bleaks and Chal, running around with about 8 people hitting him with all they had (ults included) and he merely ran around in their damage and was popping off 26k hits on the people around him without a single animation, and he never took one hit to his health. If that isn't blatant and in your face CE use I don't know what is.

msg me

-makkir
    Edited by Malamar1229 on January 15, 2017 9:59PM
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    Double mundus stones: cheating? Consequences?
    - ad scrub -
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    Double mundus stones: cheating? Consequences?

The only consequence is they make a youtube video, post it on these forums, and farm some awesomes.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

I'd say a free downloadable program that can alter the game information sent to the server unchecked to allow major cheats and exploits is a much bigger issue than hiding an animation. Or purposely hiding INSIDE a dolmen in cyrodil where you cannot be damaged but can damage others. Or having 5 different mundus stones. Or running UNDER the map in cyrodil with a scroll so you can't be attacked. Or selling gold for real money. Or allowing someone else to level your character or college content for titles.

I would agree with you.
    My comment was just pointing out that in my opinion, the heavy attack + wrecking blow/dizzying swing isn't just animation cancelling.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Devs thought blinxy was just good and not a cheat.. LEL.... Clearly, we are not dealing with the brightest crayons in the box when it comes to this team.