Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constantly logged out of game

Misasuki
Misasuki
Soul Shriven
Ever since the most recent patch, I have been continuously logged out of the game after between 2 minutes and 5 minutes of actual game play. There is no error, there is no pop up, it simply goes straight to the log-in screen. I have checked everything on my end, and I more than meet the minimum requirements for play. Does anyone else have this issue? Its incredibly annoying, and the ticket is only being copy/paste of "minimum requirements" and "not on our end" lingo...which obviously means they're not even bothering to read their own Game Consultant. /facepalm

Anyone know a work around for this? Or a way to enjoy more than 2 minutes at a time of game play before being annoyingly logged out and having to log back in just to repeat the issue? I don't use addons either btw.
  • jmrakasb14_ESO
    I will say since last patch I had it happen once, me and my wife both DC'd at the same time, So i figured server error. But to happen every 2-5min is pretty crazy, unless you're inactive/afk during those times, as this last patch really seems to have boosted player base a considerable amount. have you psychically checked your hardware? a loose cat-5/6 cable at your Ethernet port, or switch/router/modem will reek havoc just like that(all will seem fine but during heavy network loads it will intermittently drop connection). Another thing to do is make sure all ports for ESO are open on your modem/router for optimal network performance:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

Not really necessary but high recommended.
    Also different types of malware can also cause connectivity issues, never hurts to run your favorite Anti-Virus software along with Malware-bytes.
    Edited by jmrakasb14_ESO on June 18, 2016 4:03AM
    EVGA Z97 Classified
    i7 4790K@
    2x eVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified's
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz
    Kingston HyperX Savge 240GB
    2x Kingston HyperX3k 128GB Raid-0
    2x WD VelociRaptors 500GB Raid-0
    CoolerMaster M2 SilentPro 850W
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suffer from the same fate, I just login again and continue playing.

lag, drop frame rate and constant auto logout is not enough to stop from playing this game.

If you survive dust514 and all its God fosaken bugs your a verified fanatic.
  • Misasuki
    Misasuki
    Soul Shriven
    I will say since last patch I had it happen once, me and my wife both DC'd at the same time, So i figured server error. But to happen every 2-5min is pretty crazy, unless you're inactive/afk during those times, as this last patch really seems to have boosted player base a considerable amount. have you psychically checked your hardware? a loose cat-5/6 cable at your Ethernet port, or switch/router/modem will reek havoc just like that(all will seem fine but during heavy network loads it will intermittently drop connection). Another thing to do is make sure all ports for ESO are open on your modem/router for optimal network performance:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

Not really necessary but high recommended.
    Also different types of malware can also cause connectivity issues, never hurts to run your favorite Anti-Virus software along with Malware-bytes.

Those were my first checks actually, to ensure that it wasn't any kind of a network issue, make sure cables firmly connected and ports were opened on firewall. I regularly scan my computer for viruses and I love malware bytes as my go to for antivirus! I also made sure all my drivers were up to date. The only thing I haven't done is reinstall visual C++ redist from 2005 on up and maybe a reinstall of direct X 9.0c (which shouldn't be necessary as the game wouldn't run period without that one). Husband has an idea of trying this in compatibility mode, so I'll report back if that works.

(My husband is an awesome computer tech. so hopefully with his brains and other ideas we'll find the work around that'll work for me and anyone else! :D lol or that's the hope :P )
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    Misasuki wrote: »
    (My husband is an awesome computer tech. so hopefully with his brains and other ideas we'll find the work around that'll work for me and anyone else! :D lol or that's the hope :P )

Let us know. I'm having the same issues since 2.4.8 patch, checked literally everything on my end and the game still kicks me every ~40 minutes to login screen withour any error. Of course I've sent support ticket, but the amazing ESO customer support didn't bother to reply yet. Oh sorry, the autobot answered with generic answer regarding pvp stability lol :D
  • Misasuki
    Misasuki
    Soul Shriven
    An important update here, and I'm not sure this is relevant to the issue at hand for everyone...but after our house was struck directly by lightning and fried our modem/router, getting it replaced, I am no longer having connection issues with ESO. I've tested it several times today at varying lengths, even went AFK until it logged me out (at 45 minutes no activity at all). I could play literally until I wanted to stop. Longest was 2 1/2 hours of straight game play, no issues.

So either the problem auto corrected itself, or the issue lay with a somehow faulty modem. If it WAS the modem's fault, then I caution everyone else with this issue that ESO must require a 100/100 packet connection, because our tests from ISO said we had 99/100 and 98/100 packet loss (which is acceptable and causes no noticeable internet disruptions). I was able to play Rift, WoW and other online games without any issues, so I find it hard to believe that ESO is so touchy it requires a 100/100 connection. O.o

If this problem crops up again, I'll know its entirely random (where WAS a patch today that I downloaded, haven't tried since the storm killed our modem and no internet, so again, could have been a patch fix even)!

So for those with the issue still, try to get a new modem/router and see if the issue persists!

Cheers, and here's to hoping I never see another random log out again! :wink:
  • Buffout
    Buffout
    Fix your stupid bugs, ZoS. 2 years since launch. Same problems. Fire those imbeciles who are responcible for ur *** netcode or whatever is causing this ***. *** pathetic incompetent creeps.
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffout wrote: »
    Fix your stupid bugs, ZoS. 2 years since launch. Same problems. Fire those imbeciles who are responcible for ur *** netcode or whatever is causing this ***. *** pathetic incompetent creeps.

They dont care. Its about them dollars man >:)
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Buffout
    Buffout
    Not only im getting, by incomprehensible reasons, disconnected today whole day from the game trying to log in in Stormhaven. I`m also not able to invite people in group with the "group invitation declined" bug on one of my characters who happened to be my main, by the same incomprehensible reasons which just randomly out of nowhere arrived.

Very frustrating, very disappointed. Took me 3 hours to finally win the battle with bugs, find a group and complete Gold Pledge. Because groups were kicking me while i was trying to either log in to Stormhaven after DC from dungeon or after i was DCed in dungeon trying to log in to Stormhaven.

And no, im not the kind of guy to whom you can suggest "have you tried to turn it off and on again?" kind of stuff. Everything besides ESO works perfectly fine.
    Edited by Buffout on July 7, 2016 12:34PM
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, server just drop connection after last patch. Especially unpleasant when it happens during the quest with a time limit like TG and DB dailys. Im not sure if anyone ever tested new patch. And with every patch we have new bugs.
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • MarkusP72
    MarkusP72
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can confirm that. Since tuesday I get constantly kicked from EU server and have to login again.

I have also the impression, that neary all actions are a bit delayed. Partially merely, but partially more than a second. And that can be transfering items into or from my bank account.
  • mikaelmrwb17_ESO
    Chiming in with this exact same issue on EU server.

My (DC) toon was exiting the Outlaws Refuge in Windhelm, and just managed to pop outside before "pinging out" - ie. disconnecting to log in screen. Two following attempts to log back in failed. Third time I managed to get back in, load the character, and appear outside the Outlaws Refuge in Windhelm, but was booted immediately back out to log in screen. 4th attempt resulted in an loading screen after character select, and another kick to login screen. The 5th attempt is going well, so far. I have managed to port to Riften, so let's see what happens...

This has happened a number of times since last patch.

At least I'm only doing Thieves Guild tip quests and Kari's Hit List, so nothing super important, but it's still obnoxious.
    Edited by mikaelmrwb17_ESO on July 8, 2016 12:10AM
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    It's been happening to a lot of people since at least 3 weeks guys. They don't care. Customer service is full of bots that copy-paste the same answers (not even on topic) all the time. They're too focused on pushing new content and grabbing new players to fix this.

@Misasuki
    Changing routers won't help (tried that) as the problem lies 100% on ZOS side, and it's completely random. Enjoy the game while you still can :wink:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played yesterday maybe 2 - 3 hours in Cyrodiil and IC with no lags, no log out. PC EU

so the problem might be on your side
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    I found a solution for me. Since last 2 patches launcher start bugged 64bit version by default. I had 8-10 disconnects and lots lags in last 10 min, switched to 32bit version and now everything works fine.
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I played yesterday maybe 2 - 3 hours in Cyrodiil and IC with no lags, no log out. PC EU

so the problem might be on your side

"oh i didn't have any issues. it must be your fault". or maybe you just were lucky? or it only affects certain zones?

to keep on topic:
    I normally play pvp and haven't had a lot of such issues there, yet. but i haven't played much in cyro since the last patch.
    But i think i remember that a few people had such problems even in cyro this week.

Anyway, I was playing PVE yesterday (dungeons and were in zones like stormhaven etc.) and experienced a lot of problems.
    I sometimes got kicked back to login screen, without a real message. when logging in again and choosing a character i got kicked back to the log in screen. sometimes i've logged in, but everything was "freezed". that means no players or mobs where moving. interestingly, the chat did work. so i was able to read and write, but after a while i got kicked out of the game. furthermore, there were some lag spikes which made it unplayable and resulting in such "freezes".

You might think it was my PC or internet connection. I doubt it. We were 5-6 people in TS and all have experienced such issues (sometimes at the same time, sometimes at different times). Furthermore, those 5-6 people were using different providers and were living in different countries. It might have been a network issue, but very unlikely on my side.

This whole thing sounds like the mess they had / have on console where people aren't able to play and getting kicked out.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno : what the f*** is going on? did you just bring the console mess to pc? was there some sort of DDoS attack?

I really would appreciate some sort of feedback here, as reporting this in game normally results in exactly nothing (as there isn't any support or anyone even reading the reports we send (and yes, I've reported it))
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VadimAleks wrote: »
    I found a solution for me. Since last 2 patches launcher start bugged 64bit version by default. I had 8-10 disconnects and lots lags in last 10 min, switched to 32bit version and now everything works fine.

I've experienced those issues yesterday with both clients. :disappointed: I was using the 32bit client first and after a while i thought i might try the 64bit client. Unfortunately, nothing has changed.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had same issues last night....

Started in wrothgar. constant kicks to login screen... sometimes an error message, sometimes none. All NPC's were non interactable when I was there... ping would be anywhere from 70 all the way to 999+

Was like that for about two hours. No problem at all on my end, very high end PC, super fast fibre connection that was functioning & tested fine any anything except ESO.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • ChillsSilvertail
    ChillsSilvertail
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't happen on all my characters, but for the characters it does happen on it's completely unplayable as I often don't even get to 2 minutes before I get kicked
  • pipelighter
    pipelighter
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested to note that no-one from ZOS has bothered to respond to this problem or this post. Another instance of simply not having a good customer support system.

^ cp 549 characters - best game ever playerd ( actually the ONLY game ever played so who am I to judge others).:D
  • MarkusP72
    MarkusP72
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, back from work, logged in in ESO with 32 bit client on EU server and got kicked 3 times in 5 minutes. I wasn't able to get with my DC char from Rivenspire via Wayshrine to Wayrest and King Emeric.

Sorry ZOS, this is a serious issue. I pay for a working game, not a non-working game. And that is the state of ESO since the last update on Tuesday and its fix cannot wait until next regular update:

I did pings for the entire time and it all works:
    Antwort von 159.100.232.100: Bytes=32 Zeit=15ms TTL=53
    Antwort von 159.100.232.100: Bytes=32 Zeit=16ms TTL=53
    Antwort von 159.100.232.100: Bytes=32 Zeit=13ms TTL=53
    Antwort von 159.100.232.100: Bytes=32 Zeit=14ms TTL=53

I did tracerts and they seem to work:
    PS C:\Users\My Name> TRACERT.EXE 159.100.232.100

Routenverfolgung zu 159.100.232.100 über maximal 30 Hops

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
      2     8 ms     7 ms     7 ms  172.28.16.1
      3    10 ms     9 ms    16 ms  swrt-maw5-g2-13.netcologne.de [78.35.18.129]
      4    12 ms    10 ms    12 ms  ip-core-maw1-ae15.netcologne.de [89.1.16.89]
      5    15 ms    14 ms     8 ms  ip-core-sto1-xe1-0-9.netcologne.de [195.14.215.250]
      6     9 ms    11 ms    14 ms  rtint4-po8.netcologne.de [81.173.192.2]
      7     9 ms    12 ms    15 ms  80.157.131.217
      8    17 ms    15 ms    19 ms  217.239.44.26
      9    13 ms    14 ms    15 ms  87.190.232.66
     10    13 ms    17 ms    17 ms  195.122.154.3
     11    15 ms    14 ms    13 ms  159.100.232.100

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

But although the connections physically exists, I get kicked.
    Edited by MarkusP72 on July 8, 2016 3:12PM
  • Meneleas
    Meneleas
    ✭✭
    Constantly kicked out of game right now.

Yesterday was v laggy inside dungeons and we had a dungeon crash on us - kicked out. I played early this morning no issues, now try again and game is unplayable - keeps kicking me out and won't allow me to use way shrines.
  • Meneleas
    Meneleas
    ✭✭
    Meneleas wrote: »
    Constantly kicked out of game right now.

Yesterday was v laggy inside dungeons and we had a dungeon crash on us - kicked out. I played early this morning no issues, now try again and game is unplayable - keeps kicking me out and won't allow me to use way shrines.

Update: It seems it's connected to the busier zones, I managed to get to quieter areas and in for 20 mins no kick (famous last words)
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting massive lag spikes followed by a kick without warnings or errors.

Now im stuck trying to get a character in ESO for the last 20 minutes

EU Server.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Electroheadz
    Electroheadz
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here.I contacted support yesterday and still continue to wait for a proper response of any kind.
    It feels like playing on Trueflame at top hours during the weekend.
    I guess "pvp-lag" disease has finally reached PVE world. I wonder if it's gonna be fixed as fast as Cyro lags. *wink wink*
  • Glycer
    Glycer
    ✭✭
    Game is lagging for everyone.

My girlfriend is on the same internet conenction, same computer type, same firewall/windows settings , same team ingame, and doesnt lag. I disconnect every few minutes.
    On another char, I have no problems, only some chars are affected.

Fix it please.
    PK'ing since Pong.
    Founder of Inside Trade.
    Developer at PlayerGadget.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Doing pledges with 1000+ping, DC every 5-10 min. All started after last maintenance.

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    how about some sort of feedback?

Addons:
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    This is a REAL issue, it IS SERVER SIDE and ZOS does NOT PLAN ON FIXING IT much less ackowledge it.
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    NoRagret wrote: »
    This is a REAL issue, it IS SERVER SIDE and ZOS does NOT PLAN ON FIXING IT much less ackowledge it.

They're too busy pushing new, bugged content to care :smile:
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is still happening. Today I've experienced crazy ping on the EU server. NPC's popping up after 2-3 seconds of waiting and huge sound delays almost constantly.