The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars are not scaling correctly on console

• itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    @NewBlacksmurf

It's far too early to reply to all of that, so here it is in short:

- strikes and morphs should be buffed by thaum, ZoS have said this. They consider it a DoT. There is absolutely no debate on this - it has been explicitly stated.
    - It wasn't working on PTS, ZoS said it was a bug
    - ZoS fixed bug (see Jessica's reply at the start of this thread)
    - Bug fixed on PC. Not on console. Bad.
    - The 'double dip' quote you pulled out is absolutely nothing to do with damage. What it's saying is that the healing component of sweeps can no longer crit, only the damage component.

I.e. Previously you could crit your damage, then the healing it would give you could also crit - hence the 'double dip'. Now only the damage can crit.

Seriously, it's bugged. Zenimax says so. Zenimax need to fix it.

@Panth141

Not sure how long you've been around but Wrobel's comment on things is ....

Literally those skills do not do damage over time. It's channeled cast which results in four individual strikes where each strike does dmg. Keep in mind you can be interrupted so the four strikes are not guaranteed so it's not a DOT

Wrobel works for the company and should know what he's talking about, however the game suggests otherwise. Seems fitting for him and others to comment on the matter but as is, the way things read, it's working correctly and also was this way when I was on PTS which is why I put points in other champ Passives.

no this is not even for discussion, it is not "working as intended" it is a bug! the change to thaum in DB to not affect skills that you placed on a target then did the damage few seconds after as they were considered dots but a channelled ability such as sweeps or jabs should still be buffed by it, like it is on pc.
    champion 600+
    50 high elf templar (stormproof)
    50 redguard templar
    50 redguard DK (stormproof)
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
    Options
  • itzeffect
    itzeffect
    ✭✭✭
    I have video proof:-
    http://youtu.be/hyZoAF7RRR0

thanks for this, everyone needs to start making tickets so this will be resolved
    champion 600+
    50 high elf templar (stormproof)
    50 redguard templar
    50 redguard DK (stormproof)
    50 high elf sorc
    50 redguard nightblade
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole argument could be avoided if ZOS would just publish more information about how CP affects each skill and also what each skill type is and scales off of.

We should not have to guess.

Meanwhile I am still waiting for the slowest update patch in the history of my gaming experience to finish.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 16, 2016 11:40AM
    Options
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone from ZOS please have a look at the video and comment on this issue?
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno

This issue is game breaking for DPS templar...

Edited by sluice on June 16, 2016 1:07PM
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
    Options
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

- strikes and morphs should be buffed by thaum, ZoS have said this. They consider it a DoT. There is absolutely no debate on this - it has been explicitly stated.
    - The 'double dip' quote you pulled out is absolutely nothing to do with damage. What it's saying is that the healing component of sweeps can no longer crit, only the damage component.

I.e. Previously you could crit your damage, then the healing it would give you could also crit - hence the 'double dip'. Now only the damage can crit.

@Panth141

Literally those skills do not do damage over time. It's channeled cast which results in four individual strikes where each strike does dmg. Keep in mind you can be interrupted so the four strikes are not guaranteed so it's not a DOT

Wrobel works for the company and should know what he's talking about, however the game suggests otherwise. Seems fitting for him and others to comment on the matter but as is, the way things read, it's working correctly and also was this way when I was on PTS which is why I put points in other champ Passives.

@NewBlacksmurf
    Please see the note below from PTS.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267224/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-4/p1

And the statement included:

The Ritual
    Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this champion passive was not increasing the actual damage of some damage over time abilities, such as Puncturing Strikes .
    Known Issue: This champion passive is not increasing the tooltip values of some area of effect ticking abilities, such as Ash Cloud or Path of Darkness. However, the actual damage values are being increased.

Clearly this is a bug, to say anything else is simply being misinformed or not understanding ZOS intent with the ability.
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

@NewBlacksmurf

I've been here since four months after you. Long enough to see the numerous ZoS comments that it should apply and that it not doing so is a bug. They fixed it on PTS - why would they fix it if they intended it?

See @Talvorian post:

Talvorian wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267224/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-4/p1

The Ritual
    Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this champion passive was not increasing the actual damage of some damage over time abilities, such as Puncturing Strikes .
    Known Issue: This champion passive is not increasing the tooltip values of some area of effect ticking abilities, such as Ash Cloud or Path of Darkness. However, the actual damage values are being increased.

Clearly this is a bug, to say anything else is simply being misinformed or not understanding ZOS intent with the ability.

PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

@Panth141

@NewBlacksmurf

The Ritual

@Talvorian

Thanks for pulling this, guess I overlooked it on the last PTS patch notes.

@Nifty2g Can you share what the current damage is in your build with this CP on PC live?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @Wrobel it would be very helpful if either of you would make and official comment on the matter
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole argument could be avoided if ZOS would just publish more information about how CP affects each skill and also what each skill type is and scales off of.

We should not have to guess.

Meanwhile I am still waiting for the slowest update patch in the history of my gaming experience to finish.

QFT.

ZOS tell people to report problems and give them none of the equipment or data they actually need to test properly.
    Is that how QA works too ? You have to wonder.

We need formula. We need design logic.
    Obfuscation (or stone cold silence) just gives a wall for exploiters to hide behind, a shedload of misinformation, total confusion amongst staff and players about how stuff is or is not supposed to work...and the bugs just keep growing.

Its literallly like chinese whispers going on even among ZOS own employees.
    lmao. Can some employee use a sanity check on business practice ?
    Pretty please ?
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

EDIT: Essentially ..can we have a single, accurate, authoritive, upto date & comprehensive data source ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on June 16, 2016 1:29PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

@NewBlacksmurf

I've been here since four months after you. Long enough to see the numerous ZoS comments that it should apply and that it not doing so is a bug. They fixed it on PTS - why would they fix it if they intended it?

See @Talvorian post:

The Ritual

@Panth141
    PTS is different from Live but its helpful to have the later comment that it was fixed during PTS so this should have never existed on PC Live nor do Live patch notes suggest this particular item did but it does specify other skills related......maybe a typo....IDK .

PC Live never had the bug nor did consoles so lets just see how the devs respond because from my standpoint everything is working correctly "based on what the tool-tips provide"
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 16, 2016 1:24PM
    Options
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that this discussion highlights the real problem beneath the surface here...

The fact that we cannot easily discuss whether something is a bug or intended mechanics because of the total ambiguity this game's mechanics are mired in is ridiculous. As a player, I should not have to guess whether one of my abilities is a DoT or not. While I know from reading about this issue like crazy that Strikes is, contrary to all logic, a damage over time affected by Thaum, those making the argument against it all have very valid points. There should be no argument here about this. We should all be able to know exactly what an ability is by looking at the tooltip in game. End of story.

After TG I literally spent 1000's of gold respecting champion points over and over to test what CPs were affecting what abilities. This was not testing for the purpose of optimizing. It was testing just to figure out what powers were affected by what. The gold is superfluous, but my time is not. That was time and energy I could have spent enjoying the game with my friends instead of trying to figure out simple character issues that should be clear to any player of the game.

I am interested to hear if I will need to make changes on my Templar before my Maelstrom runs this weekend.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainteal wrote: »
    I believe that this discussion highlights the real problem beneath the surface here...

The fact that we cannot easily discuss whether something is a bug or intended mechanics because of the total ambiguity this game's mechanics are mired in is ridiculous. As a player, I should not have to guess whether one of my abilities is a DoT or not. While I know from reading about this issue like crazy that Strikes is, contrary to all logic, a damage over time affected by Thaum, those making the argument against it all have very valid points. There should be no argument here about this. We should all be able to know exactly what an ability is by looking at the tooltip in game. End of story.

After TG I literally spent 1000's of gold respecting champion points over and over to test what CPs were affecting what abilities. This was not testing for the purpose of optimizing. It was testing just to figure out what powers were affected by what. The gold is superfluous, but my time is not. That was time and energy I could have spent enjoying the game with my friends instead of trying to figure out simple character issues that should be clear to any player of the game.

I am interested to hear if I will need to make changes on my Templar before my Maelstrom runs this weekend.

no sarcasm intended....this is the real observation and opportunity that has existed since closed beta!
    144184-Shia-LaBeouf-clapping-intensif-w1GP.gif
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rainteal wrote: »

This is very well said. +1

To add: Placing a label in the description of each Skill/Ability that simply says "Instant Ability", Damage Over Time Skill", etc. would bring an end to the ambiguity and confusion that @Rainteal so exquisitely described.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert this is a very sound idea, and seems like it would be very easy to implement. Any thoughts on adding this simple descriptor to the various Skill/Ability descriptions?

As for myself; I just respec'd my MagTemplar last night. It is obvious that Thaumaturge isn't assisting with my Sweeps (like Zeni says it should), so I just stuck all those Champion Points into the Apprentice constellation until this issue is fixed.

Doing this, I got some of my missing damage back, but not all of it. But my Crit on my Sweeps/Expl. Charge though... by the Gods my Crit just jumped... lmao :D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Whoa! I got an actual cannibal Shia Labeouf! Sweet!
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

@Panth141

@NewBlacksmurf

The Ritual

@Talvorian

Thanks for pulling this, guess I overlooked it on the last PTS patch notes.

@Nifty2g Can you share what the current damage is in your build with this CP on PC live?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @Wrobel it would be very helpful if either of you would make and official comment on the matter
    I am not sure what you want me to show you?
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I would love an update on ZOS's investigation into this. My MagTemplar just isn't doing the damage that he should be since this isn't giving the needed bonuses from Thaumaturge.

We are currently looking into this based on the details provided in this thread yesterday.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to test this myself. My new templar, I got all excited for gearing and running in vet maelstrom is sucking hard compared to pre patch. i thought i must have miss calculated my CP arrangement. no the main change appears to be this bug delightful.

Hoping they can resolve and fix the issue with a hotfix
    Edited by willymchilybily on June 17, 2016 9:47AM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love an update on ZOS's investigation into this. My MagTemplar just isn't doing the damage that he should be since this isn't giving the needed bonuses from Thaumaturge.

We are currently looking into this based on the details provided in this thread yesterday.

Thank you. :)

For the time being, guys (and gals)... just respect your CP:
    -Stack your Elemental Damage
    -Put more into Crit damage (Hey, might be a good time to roll with a Julianos set!)
    -Put more into Blessed (might as well make yourself a healing machine!)
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sluice wrote: »

Thank you. :)

For the time being, guys (and gals)... just respect your CP:
    -Stack your Elemental Damage
    -Put more into Crit damage (Hey, might be a good time to roll with a Julianos set!)
    -Put more into Blessed (might as well make yourself a healing machine!)
    That's what I did with my MagTemplar.

5-Julianos, all Mage CP's went into the Apprentice Constellation.

My Crits are unreal... lol

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g
    Maybe a screenshot of the SCT dmg without Thaum on PC
    and another with thaum on PC

ZOS has to do some research but....to me its pretty simple if you make the game.
    Test with and test without....but for the sake of the conversation, you did a good job acknowledging this on PTS and I was hoping you could shed some detail on the conversation.

:wink:
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assume the version console got was one patch behind from PC with regards to the current live versions. This bug was fixed on PC during PTS. I assume whatever number it was just went to verification 1 patch early and console missed the actual fix.

Having that extra step of verification through Sony is one reason I was against playing on console since getting quick fixes out to players kind of wasn't possible.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭

Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. We are all waiting for ZOS to confirm what so many players already have.

Hopefully, this can make it to the known issue in the patch notes for XBOX and PS4 as well as be addressed in the first incremental that we receive.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the version console got was one patch behind from PC with regards to the current live versions. This bug was fixed on PC during PTS. I assume whatever number it was just went to verification 1 patch early and console missed the actual fix.

Having that extra step of verification through Sony is one reason I was against playing on console since getting quick fixes out to players kind of wasn't possible.
    I was gonna say that too
    As for a video, my poor Australian internet takes awhile to upload, but someone already posted video which helps get things fixed quicker ;)
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't think it's this.

It literally seems that this is not supposed to do what what ppl are asking it to do because as written, it shouldn't.
    Now ZOS has to go back and see why they changed it on PTS, was that right and what had to happen for it to change.

Then decide if this will revert on PC or change for consoles.

itll be an interesting official statement either way

(So has anyone confirmed it is working on PC?)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 16, 2016 3:00PM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It literally seems that this is not supposed to do what what ppl are asking it to do because as written, it shouldn't.
    Now ZOS has to go back and see why they changed it on PTS, was that right and what had to happen for it to change.

Well Wrobel came out and said it is a damage over time both on forums and discussed on ESOLive and they kept us updated the whole time about it being bugged.

Yes, it was fixed in the last patch on PTS and is fixed on Live at the moment
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested! This is true it is broken. And for all the people who are saying it shouldnt get buffed by thaum then why does flurry its basically the same thing? I just want a hot fix sick of getting screwed over as a templar every patch
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Verdict? Please don't keep us waiting for an answer
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Well Wrobel came out and said it is a damage over time both on forums and discussed on ESOLive and they kept us updated the whole time about it being bugged.

Yes, it was fixed in the last patch on PTS and is fixed on Live at the moment

@Nifty2g
    Yep I remeber that on ESO live too now that you say it.

Oh well....it's taking a very long time for something addressed a month ago....Odd
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend also confirmed that Biting Jabs is affected by this too, although he didn't make a video.
    Please can we get this fixed asap, it's pretty poor that this made it to console after being reported and fixed on PTS.
    Would rather lose a day for emergency maintenance than wait months for a fix.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "consoles" lol there are 4 servers and two consoles. care to be more specific?

I was on ps4 EU yesterday and it was completely fine.

WHY do people continue to post bugs under the "general discussion" part of the forum?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Tested! This is true it is broken. And for all the people who are saying it shouldnt get buffed by thaum then why does flurry its basically the same thing? I just want a hot fix sick of getting screwed over as a templar every patch

@Destyran

Flurry is different completely. It's not channeled it's instant but the instant cast causes damage over time from that animation and unlike sweeps, it cannot be stopped.

But it seems the bigger issue is that ZOS has inconsistent benefactors for no clear reason and other don't benefit.

Options