Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Looks like DR is calling in pact militia again tomorrow night after failing to dethrone Lord FENGRUSH after His show ended. DR is now operating purely around Lord FENGRUSHs schedule. When the stream starts, DR immediately goes on break unless the bars are looking favorably that day.

You guys should focus more on having fun, working on your group play instead of 'winning a campaign' and calling in other guilds to bail you out because 'pugs' took you down. If you are making 15-20 man groups and you cant kill DC players that just shout in zone chat to group... you need to go back to the drawing board. @EPElite already is using one of my builds. Someone help Piwi get some equip on his char. If you need tips, just let me know.

Ultimately, I expected more than to hear PuG Shellshock is calling in zerg guilds.

You need to get a hobby
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He RPs between seiges as the first paragraph shows
    Not like I would know about keep RP mind you... :*
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    LF ERP
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best pvp thread 2017
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't we be friends?

-Speed
    Edited by Speed_Kills on January 16, 2017 11:35AM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
    Options
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    Someone pass me the salt. From that mountain over there.

Out...you got enough salt on TF. Not getting ours! <3@BFT88
    Options
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necation wrote: »
    Why can't we be friends?

-Speed

Not enough ERP PVPrs for that.

Need Moar ERP PVP!
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
    Options
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DR is calling in pact militia again tomorrow night after failing to dethrone Lord FENGRUSH after His show ended. DR is now operating purely around Lord FENGRUSHs schedule. When the stream starts, DR immediately goes on break unless the bars are looking favorably that day.

You guys should focus more on having fun, working on your group play instead of 'winning a campaign' and calling in other guilds to bail you out because 'pugs' took you down. If you are making 15-20 man groups and you cant kill DC players that just shout in zone chat to group... you need to go back to the drawing board. @EPElite already is using one of my builds. Someone help Piwi get some equip on his char. If you need tips, just let me know.

Ultimately, I expected more than to hear PuG Shellshock is calling in zerg guilds.

Is this you asking for Pact Militia to come back to Azura's? Cause I'm pretty sure that is what you are asking for here.
    Edited by NACtron on January 16, 2017 3:48PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

Options
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    Someone pass me the salt. From that mountain over there.

Beefy Tee!!!! You are literally a shirt made of beef, salt would cure you.
    Options
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭

PM is coming again? Come on guys, we've dethroned Fengrush before. It was hard, very hard, but in the end, we managed to get it done. PM doesn't need to Guest in. Win or lose, I always have fun fighting against TM or Feng's group, because I know the more we fight them, the better experience we get, the better our groups can get.
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

Options
  • Chillmatic
    Chillmatic
    ✭✭
    Oxalias wrote: »

You need to get a hobby

For most people with jobs and other real-life responsibilities, gaming would qualify as a hobby.

Maybe it's you that's taking the game a little too seriously if you're suggesting people get a hobby outside of it...
    Chillmatic Airwaves - S14 Gladiator Holy Paladin

Guilds
    Officer - Ethereal Traders Union
    Founder, Guildmaster, Sole Member - FENGRUSH PACKAGING CO
    Options
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always find it hilarious / Ironic when people known for constantly being in decent (8+) sized groups or more, or people that constantly zerg surf, come into the forums and start complaining about the zergs, fights in which they're grossly outnumbered, or start bashing other players who do the same thing as them on player skill when they themselves have none. At the end of the day (with the exception of a few good guilds/groups) these people who are always at the keeps/outposts fighting, and never play / lack the capacity to play in small groups/solo are the people who will always end up naturally forming the zerg because they just don't know how to play any other way.
    All you have to do is turn guild tags on (in nameplates) and start surveying the players that are zerging keeps and outposts, guaranteed you will always see a few players that belong to azuras "popular" zerg guilds, either because they are currently running with their guild group, or their group isn't running anything and they need to do what they usually do (which is zerg).
    The reason I'm saying this is because there are so many damn hypocrites on these forums who will only cry about zergs when they aren't in their favor, call their opposition trash, and say their opposition has no good players and can't fight "Even numbers", yet they themselves never have 1v1's or even small scale fights and will inevitably run mega zergs and roll the map once their faction has enough numbers without mercy(they won't complain about that though). Because lets be honest, the zerging is only an issue when you're losing to them and outnumbered fights are only an issue when you're outnumbered but not when you do the outnumbering, right?

Edited by Joshlenoir on January 16, 2017 5:47PM
    Options
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chillmatic wrote: »
    For most people with jobs and other real-life responsibilities, gaming would qualify as a hobby.

Maybe it's you that's taking the game a little too seriously if you're suggesting people get a hobby outside of it...

You need to chill. :D

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »

Is this you asking for Pact Militia to come back to Azura's? Cause I'm pretty sure that is what you are asking for here.

I am sure everyone is waiting in breathless anticipation for you to bring 4 to 1 odds and lag the server out with your zerg. LOL!

Can't wait for battlegrounds. If done right it will expose these joke guilds with FU numbers.

Doesn't anyone want real competition? Or does everyone want the odds so stacked in their favor there is only one possible outcome? I mean really what is the point of that?
    Edited by montiferus on January 16, 2017 10:57PM
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

I am sure everyone is waiting in breathless anticipation for you to bring 4 to 1 odds and lag the server out with your zerg. LOL!

Can't wait for battlegrounds. If done right it will expose these joke guilds with FU numbers.

Doesn't anyone want real competition? Or does everyone want the odds so stacked in their favor there is only one possible outcome? I mean really what is the point of that?

I think what everyone wants is a dynamic environment where you have the possibility of running into "FU" numbers and either winning or losing, but also having the possibility of running into a group equal in numbers, or even smaller, more skilled groups.
    Marek
    Options
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

You need to get a hobby

Are you implying that playing Elder Scrolls Online is not a hobby?

I mean, I know a lot of the people on the Forums take it farther than just a game / hobby / pass-time, but...

I think what everyone wants is a dynamic environment where you have the possibility of running into "FU" numbers and either winning or losing, but also having the possibility of running into a group equal in numbers, or even smaller, more skilled groups.

LoDG left Azura's Star to get a sense of competition. We moved to Aldmeri Dominion and have been helping them combat Daggerfall Covenant's dominant numbers. We will eventually have these characters prepared for Azura's Star to help the Aldmeri Dominion at a later point.

We are also preparing to join the Ebonheart Pact in Blackwater Blade, which is least in population overall. Competition is there, people just need to go and make the effort to participate in it.
    Edited by Vurian97 on January 16, 2017 11:33PM
    Options
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Since we're talking about pact malitia here, it seems on EP's side competition means when you win every single fight by outnumbering your opponent, zerg the emp ring via morning capping and hold the ring with emperor all day with the help of DR as well, then complain when yellow and blue team up on you during the evening
    Options
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭

You need to get a hobby

I don't work it like a job like some people do... so no
    Options
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is correct. Most people don't want competition they simply want to win. If you think you want competition take a couple of your buddies and put yourselves between the enemy factions. That's the only place you're going to get fights to measure yourselves with. Or sometimes deep behind the front line at the middle tri keep is a good spot usually too, away from your own. Fighting in your own faction's lane is just you with a zerg at your back. Even if you charge in first you can't neglect the siege and ranged attacks flying over your head, or the effect of seeing more than just your group has on the general pug population.

Also it can't be ignored that sometimes having your own faction by you is unavoidable. Fengrush can go to the bridge all he wants, and while it was good fights you have to recognize that someone such as himself will have followers outside of his group just kind of latching on. Not that he asks for them or anything, but it's there. Don't get me wrong his group is good. I'm just lamenting the fact that some people feel the need to attach themselves to an outside group in such a way.
    Options
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Since we're talking about pact malitia here, it seems on EP's side competition means when you win every single fight by outnumbering your opponent, zerg the emp ring via morning capping and hold the ring with emperor all day with the help of DR as well, then complain when yellow and blue team up on you during the evening

I always expect to be double teamed if the Faction I am on is Emp, I mean, it makes sense, right? Emp group usually has scrolls from each faction, controls the ring, and, well, has an emp. Usually, only a push from both factions can make a proper dethrone, though at times, a single faction has managed to pull it off, whether by sheer numbers overwhelming, or playing it smart with smaller numbers and more organization.
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    This is correct. Most people don't want competition they simply want to win. If you think you want competition take a couple of your buddies and put yourselves between the enemy factions. That's the only place you're going to get fights to measure yourselves with. Or sometimes deep behind the front line at the middle tri keep is a good spot usually too, away from your own. Fighting in your own faction's lane is just you with a zerg at your back. Even if you charge in first you can't neglect the siege and ranged attacks flying over your head, or the effect of seeing more than just your group has on the general pug population.

Also it can't be ignored that sometimes having your own faction by you is unavoidable. Fengrush can go to the bridge all he wants, and while it was good fights you have to recognize that someone such as himself will have followers outside of his group just kind of latching on. Not that he asks for them or anything, but it's there. Don't get me wrong his group is good. I'm just lamenting the fact that some people feel the need to attach themselves to an outside group in such a way.

This is the best way to sum it up, along with what Alishka said earlier. @FENGRUSH does not form a super Zerg, nor does TM. What happens is people will follow where they go. If a four man guild lights a keep, and a zerg comes flying from halfway across the map, you can not call the four man guild a Zerg Guild , they just happened to flag something that everyone came to (Although, at the point, the would become part of the Zerg. This however does not make them Zergers, if that makes any sense). If Fengrush is streaming, a horde will be following, always, you have to expect it. Doesn't mean he is forming a super zerg (Though he may direct the pugs here and there).

Meanwhile, TM seems to be a magnet for AD Pugs. If they take an 8 man group to flag something, and the entire AD swarm come flying to the keep, you can't sit there and call TM a Zerg guild. They just happened to be in a place that the AD groups decided to swarm to. Same could be said for most of the organized guilds on Azura's, they are not Zerg Guilds, most don't even have the numbers to field a group over 15 at any given time (Though a few may, and on rare occasions, it could happen). It is possible they may direct the pugs, or help them to understand something better, maybe give advice or tactics, but that is not bad or wrong, it is helping the people on your faction to become better PvPers.They are not Zerg Guilds, but at times, have participated in a Zerg if they flagged something and a swarm arrived, or they went to somewhere that is flagged.

I am kinda rambling now, but that is how I have always viewed the Zerg Guild vs Non-Zerg Guild scenario. I hope that makes sense... lol. Meh, I don't know, Most of you have played this game longer than me, so I may not fully understand how to truly label someone as a Zerger vs a Non-Zerger.
    Edited by Scrub_Potato on January 17, 2017 2:29AM
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

is it....is it really you?
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, as annoying as Vurian is. (Seriously is) I do respect that he is willing to swap to whatever side he sees as the underdog.

Gonna go back to playing with my bridge now. Y'all have fun arguing elsewhere.
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    What good balanced fights I saw tonight on good ole Azuras Star. Our favorite EP living up to their reputations. I suppose some people get banned for a reason. But ya know...I guess AD deserved to get focused. I mean, they are only in last place in points...and have the lowest AP scores on the leader-board...and run the smallest groups each night....and haven't had emp in 3 cycles....But again, I guess some people don't care about the game, only their own egos.

Congratulations to whoever has prompted this salty message. If you or someone you know have contributed to the Marek salt, please send me a mail in game @PenguinInACan to retrieve your 1000g sweepstakes prize! For I never thought people in this game would be so inconsiderate/disrespectful to those that have shown them nothing but respect and consideration in both fights and alliances.
    Marek
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it was only a matter of time. Guess those that came over from the other servers are ones that contribute to the lag.

Tonight the server turned into a slide show and crashed. Have not seen that in months.
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • Chillmatic
    Chillmatic
    ✭✭
    The server decided EP didn't deserve Bleakers

Guilds
    Options
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I thought it would be a good idea to make a bow build for my stamblade alt. Well guess what? It doesn't work. Ya, I know what you'd say: "Everybody knows bow is a terrible weapon, WhiteMage, and you're not some amazing theorycrafter to prove them wrong." Well you're right, ok? Happy? I'm not! I'm pretty frustrated that I sunk 30k gold into various sets trying to make it work.

You see, I had this bright idea that bows should be weapons that rely mostly on light attacks for damage, so I tried 2pc kena and 5pc kvatch gladiator. Want your light attacks to be executes? So do I! But it doesn't turn out that way. Light attacks hit for about 900 with this "build", and 1800 more weapon damage doesn't change a thing. So I'm sorry to anyone who caught me spamming light attacks at them. I'm not usually that terrible, and you'll be happy to know that it just ain't viable. (Now if they could reach 2-3k, that'd be a different story!)

Lessons learned:
    I'm a terrible stamblade
    You can't make bow viable
    Kvatch Gladiator is a *** set, not worth resubbing for just to get to the Gold Coast to make it because no one will craft it for you
    Light attack spam is the sole province of zerglings aka 1vX material

Fair warning though, I will unlearn all those (well most) of those lessons next time I get bored, and I will go right back to trying to execute you with a light attack. Many light attacks. Most of which you will dodge.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
    Options
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    Light bow attack spam is the ambient noise of Azura's Star!

Nonetheless, thank you for your service in discovering this information WhiteMage.

- ad scrub -
    Options
  • Chillmatic
    Chillmatic
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    So I thought it would be a good idea to make a bow build for my stamblade alt. Well guess what? It doesn't work. Ya, I know what you'd say: "Everybody knows bow is a terrible weapon, WhiteMage, and you're not some amazing theorycrafter to prove them wrong." Well you're right, ok? Happy? I'm not! I'm pretty frustrated that I sunk 30k gold into various sets trying to make it work.

I use bow on my stamblade alt, but bow only works when you play like a complete tool:

https://twitch.tv/chillmatic617/v/115233117 (7:40 sorry Zane)

Forgive the quality, was just on messing with settings.

Guilds
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

I use bow on my stamblade alt, but bow only works when you play like a complete tool:

https://twitch.tv/chillmatic617/v/115233117 (7:40 sorry Zane)

Forgive the quality, was just on messing with settings.

pakt up
    Options
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has piqued my interest. I hope to visit AS soon.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.