The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    This looks much better :)

These are the books I'm looking for.
    Quests are all done so I'm looking for the post quest locations.

Books of Blackwood
    Letter From Inalieth (Things Lost and Found)
    Letter From Quistley Silvelle (Things Lost and Found)

Daedric Cults
    Elegian's Notes (Deadlands Proloque)

Wrothgar Writings
    Royal Messenger's Fate (Watcher's Hold - Wrothgar)

Thx in advance for any suggestions.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_Wan wrote: »

Wrothgar Writings

This book "Royal Messenger's Fate" was not present before last patch. Now I have checked every corner in Watcher's Hold delve, but I didn't find it. Please, if anybody found it, tell me exactly where. Thanks in advance

Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar Writings

This book "Royal Messenger's Fate" was not present before last patch. Now I have checked every corner in Watcher's Hold delve, but I didn't find it. Please, if anybody found it, tell me exactly where. Thanks in advance

I have to correct myself. It seems that this book was already known by me before last patch... and for an inexplicable reason now it is no more in my lorebooks collection. But now I am no more able to find it in the delve. So what ???
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar Writings

I have to correct myself. It seems that this book was already known by me before last patch... and for an inexplicable reason now it is no more in my lorebooks collection. But now I am no more able to find it in the delve. So what ???

Same for Terran's Note in WGT. I remember that everglowing book at the end of the dungeon... I did have it in my collection, of course I did. My lorebook collection was finished, completed. But now I was able to learn this "Terran's Note" book another time at the end of WGT. This was not a big problem, the book is there... at the end of the dungeon. But I don't like that books already known become unknown after a patch. And more if those books are now unobtainable like "Royal Messenger's Fate" !!!
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on June 13, 2022 1:47AM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar Writings

Same for Terran's Note in WGT. I remember that everglowing book at the end of the dungeon... I did have it in my collection, of course I did. My lorebook collection was finished, completed. But now I was able to learn this "Terran's Note" book another time at the end of WGT. This was not a big problem, the book is there... at the end of the dungeon. But I don't like that books already known become unknown after a patch. And more if those books are now unobtainable like "Royal Messenger's Fate" !!!

Send in a bug report. That same kind of data loss happened in Blackwood too with the antiquities codex.

EDIT: @ZOS_Kevin tagging in the case you see this and can forward it to the right people.
    Edited by Djennku on June 13, 2022 2:12AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found another missed book in Northern Elsweyr: "Crumpled Nursery Rhyme".
    This is the location, it was not easy to find it again without the quest...
    bjot8uhjcr7v.png
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar Writings

I looked a bit earlier and I am experiencing the same thing. I had this book before. Same thing with Terran's Notes and Crumpled Nursery Rhyme. This has to be a bad joke.

Now I have even more bugged books.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »

Wrothgar Writings

I looked a bit earlier and I am experiencing the same thing. I had this book before. Same thing with Terran's Notes and Crumpled Nursery Rhyme. This has to be a bad joke.

You read the notes and papers but pre High Isle, three of those recently fixed were glitched because they never had an entry in the eidetic memory, so you could not get credit for reading them, now they are so you have to go read them again. Pretty sure we handed the Royal Messenger's Fate note in to someone in town, I looked but could not find it. There are still plenty of glowing notes around Tamriel which no doubt will take years to get into the eidetic memory.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrothgar Writings

Terran’s Notes and Crumpled Nursery Rhyme are extant in the game world, though. I can confirm the latter will properly add to the library even four years after doing the quest.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    Pretty sure we handed the Royal Messenger's Fate note in to someone in town, I looked but could not find it.
    I re-did the quest on another character and the only book from that quest which seems to have a post-quest location is Offer of Amnesty (the note which starts the quest).
    tweyb91gi16o.png

So just like Falkfyr's Page 7, if you did the quest previously you cannot get the note.
    There are still plenty of glowing notes around Tamriel which no doubt will take years to get into the eidetic memory.
    Yes, and at least two newly implemented with the latest chapter. "Seeking New Members!" located on a post in Stonelore Grove and "To Marcelle" located at [0.608, 0.564] Docks. Which I reported on the previous page.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Found another bugged(?) book they added this patch. "Crumpled nursery rhyme from elsweyr
    Northern Elsweyr : Coord : 77.33 x 43.12
    935el9tg69b8.png
    Regards

WFX
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Hello

List of my needed books

Wrothgar Writings:
    Royal Messenger's Fate (Bug reported here)

Systres Tomes and Scrolls:
    Adwig's Journal (seems bugged, related to "The Missing Prowler" quest)
    Aurelia's Letter (related to "The Pincess Detective" quest with Isobel)
    Dreadsails Communique (seems bugged, related to "The Missing Prowler" quest)
    Emerald Eye Mage's Journal (related to "Green with Envy" quest with Ember)
    Fleet Queen's Orders (related "Dreadsail Reef" trial)
    Izbadd's Letter (related to "Green with Envy" quest with Ember)
    Kiv's Notes (seems bugged, related to "The Lost Symbol", done the quest didn't get it)
    Letter from Vetitia Marcott (seems bugged, related to "The Pincess Detective" quest with Isobel ?)
    as Vetitia Marcott is the last NPC you need to kill in this quest
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman (seems bugged, related to "Tournament of the Heart" quest)
    Prepare Some Entertainment (related "Dreadsail Reef" trial)
    Quit Overfeeding the Maw (related "Dreadsail Reef" trial)
    Sorti's Shanties in Progress (related "Dreadsail Reef" trial)

Tomes of Tributes:
    Upd June 17 : Comes as rewards from Tales of Tribute containers

Edited by wolf2017 on June 21, 2022 10:19AM
    Regards

WFX
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the book 'note to cynric' is located. Wiki is telling me Garrick's rest, but I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Hopefully it's not one of the many books they sneak into your quest inventory without notifying you and are lost after you pass that objective. Too many of those this year.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the book "The Sea Stone" is? uesp says on All Flags Islet, but i cant find it.

I think its a Stand to interacte, but the only 2 left Stands i cant click it.
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Hello lovely lore friends, it's that time again!

I narrowed down books already confirmed bugged or locked behind companion quests but can anyone tell me the location of these three?
    • Mysteries of Eltheric Ammonite (possibly bookshelf?)
    • Adwig's Journal (somewhere around Skulltooth Coast but not found)
    • Dreadsails Communique (same as Adwig's Journal)

Thanks in advance as always and happy hunting <3
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    ehm... does anyone knows about these? UESP saying it's quest related, but i've done this already... I'm pretty sure there are not the "ninja inventory" type books...

grafik.png
  • wolf2017
    wolf2017
    ✭✭
    Anyone know where the book "The Sea Stone" is? uesp says on All Flags Islet, but i cant find it.

I think its a Stand to interacte, but the only 2 left Stands i cant click it.

Yes, it is
    TP Shrine, follow the path to the ship wreck
    coord : 32.50x72.25 34.26, 65.31
    Edited by wolf2017 on June 20, 2022 5:22PM
    Regards

WFX
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    ehm... does anyone knows about these? UESP saying it's quest related, but i've done this already... I'm pretty sure there are not the "ninja inventory" type books...

grafik.png

You were supposed to read these 4 plaques to learn the order in which to light up the braziers. I dunno if you even could avoid it, but even if so, you are still able to get back inside after the quest.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭

You were supposed to read these 4 plaques to learn the order in which to light up the braziers. I dunno if you even could avoid it, but even if so, you are still able to get back inside after the quest.

Uff, thank you very much.
    i already have been in there a second time... but missed them the second time as well. Was looking for books or pages everywhere :D
    Edited by tim77 on June 17, 2022 3:45PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the book 'note to cynric' is located. Wiki is telling me Garrick's rest, but I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Hopefully it's not one of the many books they sneak into your quest inventory without notifying you and are lost after you pass that objective. Too many of those this year.

It is one of the three objects under the rugs, the others being the key you look for and some box you don't use for anything whatsoever. All 3 go into quest items.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I have found the book "Fair and Fresh Upon the Lea" after the Quest.
    Castle Navire x16 y77, the book lie on a seat, near a blackboard.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is one of the three objects under the rugs, the others being the key you look for and some box you don't use for anything whatsoever. All 3 go into quest items.

I never found the note when I did the quest. Got the box and as soon as I picked up the key, the quest progressed. Will have to check if I can find it in that room post quest.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

I never found the note when I did the quest. Got the box and as soon as I picked up the key, the quest progressed. Will have to check if I can find it in that room post quest.

With all the bugged books, that falls under my rule #3 for collecting them: if you get multiple spots to check in a quest and that steps completes before you check them all... Abandon and restart.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomes of Tributes

after reading clues and travelling to upgrade cards, the cards are actually upgraded,
    but lorebooks available only for 2 of 4 so far:
    - Hagraven Matron clue is OK
    - Psijic Relicmaster clue is also OK
    - Ansei's Victory clue is grey in lore library - bugged
    - Summerset Raid is grey in lore library - bugged
    Bug report submitted.
    PC EU
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Tomes of Tributes

after reading clues and travelling to upgrade cards, the cards are actually upgraded,
    but lorebooks available only for 2 of 4 so far:
    - Hagraven Matron clue is OK
    - Psijic Relicmaster clue is also OK
    - Ansei's Victory clue is grey in lore library - bugged
    - Summerset Raid is grey in lore library - bugged
    Bug report submitted.

This may be EU only because on PC NA both clues work. I have 14/16 clues so far and have had no issue with any of them.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the bugged books, that falls under my rule #3 for collecting them: if you get multiple spots to check in a quest and that steps completes before you check them all... Abandon and restart.

It's a pity that players have to resort to such emergency solutions, but seems to be a good idea as long as zos doesn't get a grip on it.
    what are the other rules? ^^
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure we handed the Royal Messenger's Fate note in to someone in town, I looked but could not find it.
    I re-did the quest on another character and the only book from that quest which seems to have a post-quest location is Offer of Amnesty (the note which starts the quest).
    tweyb91gi16o.png

So just like Falkfyr's Page 7, if you did the quest previously you cannot get the note.
    There are still plenty of glowing notes around Tamriel which no doubt will take years to get into the eidetic memory.
    Yes, and at least two newly implemented with the latest chapter. "Seeking New Members!" located on a post in Stonelore Grove and "To Marcelle" located at [0.608, 0.564] Docks. Which I reported on the previous page.

Actually they fixed Falkfyr's Page 7, it is sitting next to Falkfyr's Complete Report.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually they fixed Falkfyr's Page 7, it is sitting next to Falkfyr's Complete Report.
    I'm well aware. I grabbed it as soon as the update hit. And in the same patch where they fixed that, they introduced another bugged book you cannot get if you completed the quest before the entry was added to Eidetic Memory. It seems like we'll never be truly free of bugged books.

Still say that an account-wide Eidetic Memory is the best way to "fix" this. I could just log on to another character and redo the quest to get the missing book.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm well aware. I grabbed it as soon as the update hit. And in the same patch where they fixed that, they introduced another bugged book you cannot get if you completed the quest before the entry was added to Eidetic Memory. It seems like we'll never be truly free of bugged books.

Still say that an account-wide Eidetic Memory is the best way to "fix" this. I could just log on to another character and redo the quest to get the missing book.

couldnt agree more...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a pity that players have to resort to such emergency solutions, but seems to be a good idea as long as zos doesn't get a grip on it.
    what are the other rules? ^^

Rule #1 is, do the quests on another character first.
    Rule #2, wait until stuff's fixed.
    And now, the new rule #4... Don't complete companion quests on secondaries...