The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    Mysteries of the Eltheric Ammonite is in Firepot (dungeon) x=0.25 - y=0,37
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The coordinates don't really help much for those not using addons that explain it. Is there a part of the dungeon or a landmark it is near to look for?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

The coordinates don't really help much for those not using addons that explain it. Is there a part of the dungeon or a landmark it is near to look for?

Found it. It's by the river on the upper left part of the map
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain me how could I miss Dreadsails Communique during the quest ??? I just finished the quest and I didn't read any note... but I missed this book, never found it during the quest. Please could someone explain me what I did wrong ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is something sadistic about all of this. Why must there be some unobtainable books with every patch, and then there must be years of pleading for them to become findable? I believe the books were put into the game (as collectibles) for people to find them and collect them with the right effort. But if this thing has always been impossible ... I think it is more sincere to take them completely out of the game, or make them what they should be, that is, obtainable.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain me how could I miss Dreadsails Communique during the quest ??? I just finished the quest and I didn't read any note... but I missed this book, never found it during the quest. Please could someone explain me what I did wrong ?

check this post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7632861/#Comment_7632861
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kivs notes
    Kivs journal
    They are both obtained and can not be missed during Embers companion quest. (The 4th quest if my memory is correct.
    Or possibly Isobles 2nd quest
    (sorry I was doing a lot)
    Perhaps you can go to the end without following the trail of notes?

Word of warning...
    The lore attached to tales of tribute upgrade card clues.
    Don't do a silly mistake like me and not open some of them to read.
    I just typed the name in Google to search the location and now they are bugged for me.

Edited by Anne13 on July 4, 2022 2:10PM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm
    'Terran's notes' from WGT
    Completed the dungeon on normal. After killing last boss. Took the portal and the notes are there in front of you near the npcs
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    ehm... does anyone knows about these? UESP saying it's quest related, but i've done this already... I'm pretty sure there are not the "ninja inventory" type books...

grafik.png

You were supposed to read these 4 plaques to learn the order in which to light up the braziers. I dunno if you even could avoid it, but even if so, you are still able to get back inside after the quest.

These are in Garic's Rest, High isle. I did screenshot the location. They're on a plaque on the wall. I found all of them except ' Day eight' weirdly enough I couldn't find it with the others
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

check this post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7632861/#Comment_7632861

Thanks for your answer, but this post was already read by me... not useful. As I said, I did the quest "The Missing Prowler" without reading any note. I was searching in any corner looking for books, but no books at all. So please can someone tell me what I did wrong and can someone please detail exactly what should and what should not be done to find this disappearing book? The book is " Dreadsails Communique". Thanks
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on July 4, 2022 8:42PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

check this post

Thanks for your answer, but this post was already read by me... not useful. As I said, I did the quest "The Missing Prowler" without reading any note. I was searching in any corner looking for books, but no books at all. So please can someone tell me what I did wrong and can someone please detail exactly what should and what should not be done to find this disappearing book? The book is " Dreadsails Communique". Thanks

I'm guessing you started the task from the southern road I did it from the northern road. And in one post earlier someone wrote it didn't even show up for him where "I" had so it's possible you have the same thing as that person.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not ideal, but AWA solves some of this.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, it doesnt. books and notes are not AW.

(if you mean, AWM like "AccountWide Memories" would solve it, then fully agreed)
    Edited by tim77 on July 5, 2022 6:44AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    no, it doesnt. books and notes are not AW.

(if you mean, AWM like "AccountWide Memories" would solve it, then fully agreed)

I was thinking it would only need to be done on one character. I am not pursuing this, so I certainly could be wrong on that.

I do know my map showed an item should be in the area I was picking up Mirri recently, but I could not find it. It was not marked as Eidetic item, so I am not sure.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    The list of bugged lore books is much bigger this patch by far... I was only missing 4 bugged last patch.

Here's what I am left with, if anyone can shed any light on these. I'd be very grateful.

Author's assistant wanted - bugged from last patch. No post quest.

A tale of the Dauntless Bananas - ps5/eu. There's no other way to get this on a different platform. - Can obtain on ps4/5 Eu by Ad alliance in the western cyrodil tavern.

About jhaka - Pulk delve in Vvardenfell, related to Embers quest. No post quest?

Adwig's journal - No post quest?

Izbadds letter - Given by Ember at the start of her quest? No post quest?

Letter from Aurelia's jourvel - Given by Isobel at the start of her quest? No post quest location?

Letter from vetita marcott - Cannot find any info about this one.

Note to cynic - Says in Garic's Rest, cannot find yet.

Ode to the nose of the woman - Given during a quest by a Npc 'Nilsmon' at Castle Navire - No post quest?

Royal Messengers Fate During a quest - No post quest?

ToT Clues Google the name to search and didn't open to read. Missed 1 this way and cannot obtain again?

There's a lot :(
    Edited by Anne13 on July 8, 2022 7:51AM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anne13 , Tobin Moorcroft is the tombstone in the graveyard on all flags island where you go to dig up something as part of the quest.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    @Anne13 , Tobin Moorcroft is the tombstone in the graveyard on all flags island where you go to dig up something as part of the quest.

Found and Sea stone thank you!

• HelenaTroyania
    If you read and picked up a card clue for Tales of Tribute on another character than your main the clue disappear and no other characters can get the lore. I think it was fixed in today's patch, but I have already made this mistake. Is there a way to fix this?
    Edited by HelenaTroyania on July 6, 2022 2:37PM
  • Ch3mical_92
    Ch3mical_92
    ✭✭✭
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Here's what I am left with, if anyone can shed any light on these. I'd be very grateful.

A tale of the Dauntless Bananas - ps5/eu. There's no other way to get this on a different platform.

Voyage of the seajoy day eight - Found the others on a plaque in Garic's Rest! Couldnt see 'Day eight'

Voyage of the seajoy is inside the same riddle-room as the other plates, I've read it while doing the quest. If you still cant find it, try doing the quest on a second character. There should be a questmarker at every plaque while solving the riddle.

For the Bananas, a alliance-change to AD is a solution. I bought crowns for gold for that change to access the book. I know, an expensive task for a single book...
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The list of bugged lore books is much bigger this patch by far... I was only missing 4 bugged last patch.

Royal Messengers Fate During a quest - No post quest?

There's a lot :(

Royal Messenger Fate is found by completing a Wrothgar quest "Broken Promises" and it is found at the feet of the gargoyle, near the location of the skyshard within the delve "Watcher's Hold". This quest is a very old one, I did it about 2 years ago with my main character. The book was already in my Lorebook Collection, but now (after patch 34) it is not anymore. No more obtainable after quest, because it disappears. Patches not only give unobtainable books, but they also turn your collected books as never collected. That's it. The worse is that these bugs are not taken seriously by ZOS. "You can play anyway, so why are you complaining? " This is their way of thinking...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you read and picked up a card clue for Tales of Tribute on another character than your main the clue disappear and no other characters can get the lore. I think it was fixed in today's patch, but I have already made this mistake. Is there a way to fix this?

How was it fixed? Do the clues drop over and over now even after you upgrade the card? Can't imagine any other way.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voyage of the seajoy day eight - Found the others on a plaque in Garic's Rest! Couldnt see 'Day eight'

It's accessible post-quest. The plaque is in the same room as others, just you need to jump a bit.
    The purities of mania - During Isobles quest obtained in Tor Draioch? The tower, arcane library. Cannot get in there after quest.

I have confirmed that you can get into the library and get the book if you group with someone doing the quest when they are at that stage.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thank you all!! I'll get those suggested today!

Regarding the lore clues for ToT
    Yesterday I used a new character and started the initial quests to unlock it. I'll keep playing until I get a clue and test. I can confirm you can put them in your bank (a friend tried it)
    But unsure if you're able to take it out again on a different character (the one you want the lore on) which was missed by not opening the clue itself

I'll keep you updated after I've tested some things. But no clue wants to drop yet I've done over 20 games of wins and losses XD

Regarding 'A tale of the Dauntless Bananas'
    I am ps5 eu. It's on a different platform unfortunately. Until zos add to all platforms in an accessible location. It'll stay bugged.
    Edited by Anne13 on July 7, 2022 10:46AM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

A tale of the Dauntless Bananas - ps5/eu. There's no other way to get this on a different platform.

Voyage of the seajoy is inside the same riddle-room as the other plates, I've read it while doing the quest. If you still cant find it, try doing the quest on a second character. There should be a questmarker at every plaque while solving the riddle.

For the Bananas, a alliance-change to AD is a solution. I bought crowns for gold for that change to access the book. I know, an expensive task for a single book...

You're ps4/5 Eu?
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone regarding the tales of tribute clues.
    If some of you have missed them, by not opening the clues to read them. And just searching the location.

I tested today on another character. Received a clue. Was able to put it in my bank and read it on both my main and other char.

Hope may not be lost.
    Although I'm unsure if those same clues that was previously missed can drop again?

It's murder of crows clue I have in achievements but no lore
    Edited by Anne13 on July 7, 2022 5:05PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I used a new character and started the initial quests to unlock it. I'll keep playing until I get a clue and test. I can confirm you can put them in your bank (a friend tried it)
    But unsure if you're able to take it out again on a different character (the one you want the lore on) which was missed by not opening the clue itself

You can, indeed, and been able from the start. That's what I have been doing with them after the initial fup where I learned that they are per account, not per character AND the clues vanish from your inventory after finding the upgrade. Too late for one of them though, as it was read on the character I was playing cards on, not on my main Eidetic character.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭

You can, indeed, and been able from the start. That's what I have been doing with them after the initial fup where I learned that they are per account, not per character AND the clues vanish from your inventory after finding the upgrade. Too late for one of them though, as it was read on the character I was playing cards on, not on my main Eidetic character.

That's great news. I cross checked yestersay and luckily I only missed the murder of crows. Hoping I can get it dropped on my other character. Put it in the bank and read it on my main. Fingers crossed it drops

• Daniel141182
    any idea
    Rite of scion;vampire quest bugged
    dauntless bananas: western elseyr gate(wrong alliance)
    Note to cynric
    Letter from vetitia marcott
    Kiv notes
    Dreadsail Communique
    Adwigs journal
    royal messanger fate
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    any idea
    Rite of scion;vampire quest bugged
    dauntless bananas: western elseyr gate(wrong alliance)
    Note to cynric
    Letter from vetitia marcott
    Kiv notes
    Dreadsail Communique
    Adwigs journal
    royal messanger fate

A few posts above were written:
    Note to cynric - the Race for Honor (Garick's Rest delve quest), under one of three rugs when you look for the key. Missable if you grab the key first, dunno about post-quest.

Letter from vetitia marcott - SNEAKILY given to you by Isobel at the start of her 2nd quest (The Lost Symbol), in quest inventory, vanishes once you progress to 1st stage, dunno if/where's a post-quest.

Kiv notes - bugged

Dreadsail Communique - check this post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7632861/#Comment_7632861

Adwigs journal - Adwig's Journal - could not find, /should/ be related to the The Missing Prowler quest, and by contents, supposed to be in Adwig's "home", but again, I could not find it at all despite scouring the whole place for 2 hours. Suspect it spawns underground.

royal messanger fate - check this this post https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/607903/royal-messengers-fate-lorebook-is-no-more-in-my-collected-lorebook-and-now-it-is-unobtainable
  • Reien
    Reien
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

Any details on the following?

1. Fera's Journal (I've already completed The Long Game)
    2. In Memory of the Brave Souls (on All Flags Islet, but I can't find this plaque or whatever it actually is)

Thanks.